Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comeback to "Some people aren't cut out to have kids."

Posted by clematis 
Comeback to "Some people aren't cut out to have kids."
September 13, 2008
I have been thinking over a comeback to this condescending, insulting comment (usually made by teen moos/lifescripters/kid was a 'surprise') and I think I have one.

B: Don't you want kids someday? [I'm 41 fer pete's sake!]
Me: No, I don't think so.
B: Well, some people just aren't cut out to have kids.
Me: (pretends B is speaking about parents in general) Yeah, I agree--I know lots of parents who were never cut out to have kids. It's really sad. But (shrugs) I guess they were too selfish or too stupid to use their brain before ruining their life. In fact, I know several of these people personally (half-smile accompanied by penetrating gaze and slightly lifted eyebrows). (pause) Like some more tea?

Think I'll do that next time.
Tee Hee,clematis! Good one!

I'm 43 and my baybee making days are coming to a close, so I don't get too many bingos anymore. My inlaws think we're brilliant for not having kids. I think they really wanted the CF lifestyle. My parents are dead. The women at my old job used to bug me here and there about it. One particularly annoying cow used to talk constantly about her dysfunctional 28 yr old daughter who still lived with her, and then in the same breath ask me when I would be sprogging. I told her after hearing about how screwed up her daughter was, I was even more sure about my choice to be child free.
Bill Lawry: Got im', yes! Nice one, Clem. Straight from the head and onto the keyboard with a magnificent delivery. And the CF here are one for none!

Tony Greig: Yes, he really seems to have mastered the art of great humor in the last year and a half! Nothing Clematis does is ever halfhearted!
Re: Comeback to "Some people aren't cut out to have kids."
September 14, 2008
Yeah and most of the people I know who are breeders fit into that category!!hot smiley
September 14, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been thinking over a comeback to this
> condescending, insulting comment (usually made by
> teen moos/lifescripters/kid was a 'surprise') and
> I think I have one.
>
> B: Don't you want kids someday?
> Me: No, I don't think so.
> B: Well, some people just aren't cut out to have
> kids.
> Me: (pretends B is speaking about parents in
> general) Yeah, I agree--I know lots of parents who
> were never cut out to have kids. It's really sad.
> But (shrugs) I guess they were too selfish or too
> stupid to use their brain before ruining their
> life. In fact, I know several of these people
> personally (half-smile accompanied by penetrating
> gaze and slightly lifted eyebrows). (pause) Like
> some more tea?
>
> Think I'll do that next time.

OMG, what an excellent comeback. You completely took the comment away from them (what they meant by it) and used it against them! (and all innocent-like too:yeah) Clematis, you are either a salesmen of sorts or you missed your calling! I will definately have to file this one away for future reference.smiling smiley
September 15, 2008
Hee hee; thank you for the nice comments. blushing I am grateful that my parents are fine with our CFness and I have a couple of PNB friends who have never said anything remotely bingoish, so, bless 'em.
September 15, 2008
That's an excellent comeback clematis. I, too, have already gotten that snippy comment when I said I never wanted kids.

Something I've always added that is equally as brazen is, "Yea and think how many parents are SORRY they had kids in the first place!"

That usually yields some insulted looks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login