Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The Handmaid's Tale" is to become a miniseries

Posted by Dorisan 
"The Handmaid's Tale" is to become a miniseries
April 29, 2016
Saw it given the big star treatment, think it will be better played in the Hulu adaptation

I think Peggy was the most interesting, least unlikable character to come out of "Mad Men." You truly saw the growth of a woman like her in the series. Thank Elizabeth Moss for that, which is why I think she is an outstanding choice for the role of Offred.
Re: "The Handmaid's Tale" is to become a miniseries
April 30, 2016
That's cool news! If anyone here hasn't read this book, definitely see the series. It should be required reading/viewing for all women, but particularly the CF because we haven't been brainwashed into having children.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
AUGH. Every time I think of this book my hair stands on end; even more, now, with politics going against women the way it is. I don't think I could stand watching it eye popping smiley
Re: "The Handmaid's Tale" is to become a miniseries
May 02, 2016
I've read the book many times and one thing that really stuck with me was when the main character had her bank account frozen, along with all the other accounts with an F for the account holder's gender. I don't keep a pirate stash of cash in the house, but enough to get me gas and provisions. No I am not paranoid.

But anyways I am glad to see a whole series set within this dystopic universe. I can't wait to see how they portray the seedy nightclub for the higher- ups.

Also, I remember the phrase Offred said when her male assignment gave her the old magazines which were all rumored to have been burned. WTE "that which is deemed dangerous to the common folk is considered .... " Oh I can't remember it!I need to find my copy now......

ETA quote mentioned above.....

" What's dangerous in the hands of the multitudes is safe enough for those whose motives are beyond reproach."

Chew on that for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login