Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blogger Bashed for Saying Wives Need to 'Stay Hot' for Their Husbands

Posted by freya 
Blogger Bashed for Saying Wives Need to 'Stay Hot' for Their Husbands
May 21, 2016
It isn't the blog, it is the comments from the embittered moos that are interesting

Basically, the bloggers point is that staying hot for her husband is a priority.

Cue in all the bitter moos who are the only ones going on about how it is impossible to stay hot after having kids.
Most everyone else is agreeing with the blogger. ALL of the men are!

Bitter, table of many for snarky moos:

Moo #1 snarks: 'No kids yet....Bahahaha! Still in honeymoon period.'

Moo #2 snarks: 'Wait until he watches her go through pregnancy and childbirth. There better be more to their marriage then cocktails and being "hot" because even if her bod bounces back there are some things you just can't un-see.'

Moo #3 snarks: 'I actually feel sorry for her! Give her a few years and a couple of kids and see how "hot" she looks and feels.'

Moo #4 snarks: 'Not all husbands stray from their wife because of not being"hot" Wait till you have children, then you
prioritize your responsibilies.'

Moo #5 snarks: 'Newly married people think they know it all. Wait till she has a few kids and that body of hers doesn't go back to it's lean self no matter what she does.. LOL'

Moo #5 snarks: 'Wait 'til your 43 instead of 33 - judging by your obsession with your looks, you're going to want to kill yourself. Or wait til you have a baby or two and your stomach doesn't stretch back the way it used to. What would a 33 know about losing her looks? Ha ha ha. no, sweetheart.'

Moo #6 snarks: 'She's 33-still youngish. I'll listen to to her maybe when she is 53 with a child or 2, and she if she is still trying to look "hot".'

Moo #7 snarks: 'I agree..Let's see how hot she is after working all day, rushing home to fix dinner, chores and kids' needs, then clean up....'

Wait 'til...a new code name for moos!
She is right. You should make an effort to look attractive, to be the best version for you
- when not for your partner then for yourself.

Age is not an excuse - look f.e. at Ernestine Shepherd.
https://www.google.de/search?q=ernestine+shepherd&biw=1366&bih=657&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVnqrple3MAhWCB5oKHTPNBGIQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1
If it's just the wives that need to look hot for the husbands, that's pretty sexist. People should, however, make an effort to retain the characteristics (not exclusively physical) that their partner(s) find appealing. It may not always be possible, and certainly nobody will keep their looks forever, but you should at least try.
^^^Indeed. It would not be fair for the woman to have the pressure to look like a young supermodel while the man gets to let himself turn into the Pillsbury Doughboy. If she needs to try and stay 'hot' then he needs to remain in shape and not get one of those gross over-hanging guts.
nightfire
^^^Indeed. It would not be fair for the woman to have the pressure to look like a young supermodel while the man gets to let himself turn into the Pillsbury Doughboy. If she needs to try and stay 'hot' then he needs to remain in shape and not get one of those gross over-hanging guts.

Yeah, that's why I think she sucks as a person. She's not holding her husband to the same standards, and she's repeating that old trope about men's needs.

Mind you, I think the moos are wrong too. It's quite possible to look fine at 43: just don't have kids and take care of yourself.

As for comments she's received about being "anti-feminist," she says, "Being a feminist is about your own choices and saying, 'This is how I'm going to live my life and I'm not going to let anyone dictate it for me.'

"Everyone has their own definition of feminism, that's mine."

Sorry, sugar, but a choice is not feminist just because a woman makes it. Also, I would think someone who tries to make money from writing would be aware of the need for words to have precise meanings so that concepts can be communicated. You don't get to decide that words mean whatever you want them to mean.
nightfire

Hear hear! Well said!
I've heard all of this before for decades and I think it boils down to the same common misconception. That is that the reason men cheat is because their wives have "let themselves go", have Ravaged Cooter Syndrome™ due to loaf shitting, or have just gotten old and not bothered to get cosmetic surgery. Sadly, men have been known to cheat on their young, beautiful, and not yet sprogged girlfriends and wives, so there are no guarantees. However, I think people should take some pride in their health and appearance for themselves because if they are doing it for someone else it's just wrong and won't work out for them in the long run, I don't believe.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Hey Kim! Good to see you again! grinning smiley

I totally agree with you on this point. If someone wants to make themselves look and feel good, it should be for themselves. I don't just try to look good for my husband, but for myself. That translates to him finding me attractive, and me feeling better about myself. He also puts in a lot of effort with his appearance, and makes sure that when we go out he's dressed really nicely. I wouldn't want him to turn into the Pillsbury Dough Boy, lol, and he wouldn't want me to turn into a flabby hauskau.

I think it all boils down to self respect. If you can't respect yourself, then you can't respect anyone. If you take a little pride in yourself, do it for YOU. Not for anyone else...but I do think that moos tend to let themselves go a LOT, which causes their duhs to go out and find someone who is better looking, or who doesn't have roast beef mudflaps hanging between their knees.

ETA: As for what moo says about being 43 and not having looks, I'm not bad for my age and I'm going to be 48 this year...oh yeah, I never sluiced. Sux to be moo! the finger smiley
I don't think it's sexist if a woman wants to look good, whether it's for herself or her husband (or both). If he pushes her into doing shit she doesn't want to do so she can look like a fucking Barbie doll, that would be sexist. All I hear is a lot of bitter mooing from breeder women chiming in whose husbands look at them like they're piles of pond scum and not the way they looked at them on their wedding day. And I love how many assume she's going to have kids. "Wait 'til you have some kids LOLOL!" Like it's an inevitability. And maybe she does want kids, but maybe she's also smart enough to realize that breeding will wreck the figure she works so hard to maintain.

The thing with Moos is they seem to believe that, once they're wed and bred, they have carte blanche to completely let themselves go. They quit caring about themselves in every single way - they get fatter and fatter, they go longer between showers, they wear nothing but sweat pants, they don't even try to look put together and they generally quit taking care of themselves. It's not even just physical changes - it's mental/behavioral/personality changes too. When women breed, they turn into completely different people, and it's this whole collective change - not just looks - that makes their men lose interest and start shopping for a side dish or filing for divorce.

These Moos will say that they sacrifice their own well-being "fer da chyuldren," but how good of a parent can you be if you can't even give a shit about yourself? It's not sexist or anti-feminist to give a fuck about your appearance. I'm not saying all women have to pack on a pound of makeup, have their hair professionally styled and wear heels in anticipation for their men to come home every day, but just caring a little bit about oneself in every way can keep guys from straying, I think. Take pride in your appearance. Most guys like a confident lady who can dress herself properly, and I guarantee the lady herself will feel good if she takes a minute to look good. It's not like it takes much to be put together. Moos just don't do it because they think breeding means they get to be lazy sacks.

Saying that all women need to "stay hot" for their men... I can see how that would incite rage. But people shouldn't stop caring about themselves just because they snag a spouse, and that goes for both genders. The reason your spouse falls for you is because of who you are. If you quit being that person, they'll fall out of love with you. But on the other hand, if the stability of your marriage hinges on the firmness of your ass and your cup size, it's probably not a marriage worth staying in.
kidlesskim
gotten old and not bothered to get cosmetic surgery

I occassionally read a lifestyle board in my native language.
There is very often the attitude that a woman who refuses/doesn't have
any cosmetic surgery is an sloppy forest woman.
Aging naturally or not optimizing your looks (bigger breasts, smaller nose, lipo...)
is seen a sign of neglect and poverty. confused smiley
I look sexy for me. No relationship required.
I had a married one panting at me; it had less to do with my looks and more to do with having a life that involved more than a kid and TV. He told my good friend that he was so fascinated because I was interesting.

It is not necessarily about looks. Get a hobby he doesn't have. Read a book, see a movie or take a class without him. Have something to talk about besides detergent, pampers versus huggies and your kid finger painting his room in shit.

ANd also, some men (and women) are just pricks; you can be the hottest, smartest and most interesting person in the room and they will still cheat. These are not worth relationship saving heroics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
jiltedkitten

This is the best approach IMO.
Kim! So happy to see you back!

I too think moos let go way more than we childfree women do, rationalizing that they're a busy mom and there's no time to shower or eat healthy foods since Kayleigh only wants chicken nuggets, RIGHT NOW. They're slaves, and does a slave need to be dressed up?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
jiltedkitten

THIS. Growing up I was always told to "have some self-respect", and part of that was making sure I didn't leave the house looking like Madam Heap from Fraggle Rock.
aes sedai
jiltedkitten

THIS. Growing up I was always told to "have some self-respect", and part of that was making sure I didn't leave the house looking like Madam Heap from Fraggle Rock.

Exactly. My moo was not the greatest moo on the planet, but she had a great deal of pride and took very good care of her appearance. I learned a lot from her about how to look after myself. I used to watch her do her makeup and nails. She did it for herself, and nobody else. She wanted to feel good about herself, and always made sure she looked nice when she went out...except when she drove me to school in a housecoat with rollers in her hair, lol.
Being a greasy slob is becoming more common in general, so I like to hear of people who are open about taking care of themselves for whatever reason. I have noticed recently that when I look at websites for fashion or beauty advice that comments inevitably come in that shame the readers who are told to love and accept their bodies or that it is vain to color your gray hair and you should just deal with it. Well, some people look good with extra weight, some people have gorgeous silver hair and that's fine. Apparently it's ok to color one's hair until it goes gray, any color of the rainbow, but then you must leave it alone. I was looking for fashion tips for pear shaped bodies and some lady freaked out saying women are not fruits and no one should have to dress for their body types. OK, most people don't, but this website exists for those who want to.

So there is some resistance to someone like this woman who admits wanting to look nice for her husband, just as there is to mothers who stay in shape, people who color gray hair or who want to lose weight or dress in a way to look slimmer. And I love the results of the fashion research I did, I like looking better in clothes of certain cuts that fit correctly and look proportionate to my body type. Anyone can do that, even a tired worn out moo shopping at Goodwill, if they just want to, but they would rather jump all over other people for no real reason except sour grapes. And if other women, even older married ones and moos, look nice, duh might expect moo to look good too. Oh noes.
I'm a woman who prefers comfort. I don't fuss over my appearance cuz I don't have the physical energy. Pain management is more than a full time job.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
It takes this woman 90 minutes to get ready, which would be 80 minutes longer than it takes me to get ready, but to each her own.

There was a link somewhere to the original "study" which said men are visual creatures. Well, Duh, everyone with sight is visual.

I've been married over a decade and I do think there are things one should to do out of courtesy to one's spouse. I don't want my husband to see me on the toilet, nor do I want to see him, and I stay away when he's doing things I consider gross.*.

Stretched-out underwear and gray looking bras are not attractive, so I make sure that my underwear isn't overly worn and I have decent bras that are changed every 6=9 months or so. (It's part of loving myself and aging well, IMO.) I have cute pajamas and lounge wear although I generally don't stay in lounging wear. On the weekends, even if I am hanging out at the house, my hair is clean and styled and I'm wearing shorts with cute sandals in the Summer and jeans in the Winter. My rule is: never wear anything that doesn't fit or isn't attractive, even if I'm working in the yard. My yard t-shirts fit well--they just happen to be slightly stained or too worn to wear outside the house.

I see no need for full-on war paint on the weekends, but my face is clean and I wear tinted moisturizer, neutral lipstick and sometimes mascara.

I guess it's not surprising that I'm somewhat of a prissy person. Sometimes I wish my husband would be more conscious of MY visual sensibilities. I wonder if it is because he comes from a redneck background. He always showers every day, and definitely twice a day if he's working in the yard, but some Saturdays he doesn't take that first shower until 4:00 or so, and I admit it gets on my nerves to see his greasy self sitting on the couch all day if it goes on for days. But I just stay away and leave him alone. Same with clipping one's toes or nose hairs, which should be done in the bathroom IMO.

*At least he's not super gross like my ex-husband, who, incidentally, came from an upper class family, so there goes the theory this is a class-related issue.

My ex-husband used to BRUSH HIS TEETH in the den while he watched TV. He would be sitting there in his holy underwear with a foamy mouth--I do not want to see that. (I think he actually brushed the enamel off his teeth. He would also do other gross things like watch TV in his underwear, belch, not shower--all these things are not kind to one's spouse.)

And boy, did I ever catch Hell from the leader of the Fat Police on the old Ez-Board when I made an offhand comment about my ex's behavior at the end of our marriage. In an extreme act of PA behavior, he gained 50-60 pounds in the last six months. all the while telling me he felt sooooo empty because I wouldn't sprog for him, and being a jerk in general. He did all the things mentioned above in his underwear with a huge, 9- months-pregnant gut hanging over his underwear. PLUS he was nagging at me lover the kid issue ike a fishwife, not telling me he was cheating, and my sexual desire for him (rightfully) vanished into thin air. I was like, can you not see the context here? Yes, he gained weight, but that wasn't the real issue. I would have stayed with him and been concerned about his health, but the fact that he was an asshole caused me to leave him. And why can't I say he was unattractive to me, all factors considered?

tldr: beauty fades, but dumb and/or baby rabies is forever.
bell_flower
And boy, did I ever catch Hell from the leader of the Fat Police on the old Ez-Board when I made an offhand comment about my ex's behavior at the end of our marriage. In an extreme act of PA behavior, he gained 50-60 pounds in the last six months. all the while telling me he felt sooooo empty because I wouldn't sprog for him, and being a jerk in general. He did all the things mentioned above in his underwear with a huge, 9- months-pregnant gut hanging over his underwear. PLUS he was nagging at me lover the kid issue ike a fishwife, not telling me he was cheating, and my sexual desire for him (rightfully) vanished into thin air. I was like, can you not see the context here? Yes, he gained weight, but that wasn't the real issue. I would have stayed with him and been concerned about his health, but the fact that he was an asshole caused me to leave him. And why can't I say he was unattractive to me, all factors considered?

tldr: beauty fades, but dumb and/or baby rabies is forever.

His fast weight gain and pregnant gut must have been reflective of his desire to impregnate you -sympathetic pregnancy - did he puke too? grinning smiley Good lawd, who must have been cheating with him. Probably some wannamoo who felt sorry for him with you depriving him of his spawn after all. Good riddens.

Hell yeah you can say he was unattractive to you, and with the behavior it sounds like he was trying to be.
I was always reminded by my mother that "your hair is your crowning glory," so every day I style my hair with hot rollers. My mother was a SAHM, but she sewed beautiful clothes for us girls. She was always put together and groomed, and I am the same way. When Mr. Peace and I have date night, I'm always in a nice dress, real jewelry, stockings, high heels and make-up. I don't go full on war paint for work, but I use basic make-up every day. It tales the same amount of time to put on sweatpants and a tee shirt as it does a button down shirt and nice pants, so I don't see why moos have to be so nasty and unkempt with their appearance.

I used to know this Catholic SAHM who had 6 kids. She gained 60 pounds with sprog #6, but lost all that weight in 3 months. She was very, very slender even after 6 kids. Every morning, her husband would watch the kids while she showered, fixed her hair and put on a full face of make-up, including red lipstick. Then he went to work, and she took the kids to school. Oh, and they were extremely well behaved, too.

There is no excuse for being an unkempt slob.

Good lawd, who must have been cheating with him. Probably some wannamoo who felt sorry for him with you depriving him of his spawn after all. Good riddens.

Are you psychic, because you aren't far off....he was cheating with a married woman who had infertility issues--not sure if it was she or her husband.

I was smart to ask for a separation right away and I had papers drawn up, which he signed because he was having some baby-rabies fantasy with this woman. However, she chose to go back to her husband a couple of months after my ex signed the papers.

By the time the waiting period for my divorce was over, my ex was bitter and angry, at me of course, because I had a conversation with her after I found her cell phone number on our ($750+) bill. (This was back in the days before unlimited minutes.) He blamed me for ruining his future chances with her.

Two years later he saw some friends of mine in a store and he actually cried and told them he didn't know why I had left.

Last I heard he married some (probably desperate) woman with three kids under age 8. He was 50+ and they moved into our old house. They may be tearing up the house as we speak.

So glad he's someone else's problem now.
Moos don't care about being attractive to their partners. Moos aren't lovers anymore, they are Earth Mothers or some such nonsense. So what if you became a land whale with ripped granny panties and bad breath? You're a MOM!!

I'm 40 and a ponytail and flip-flops gal, but I am in high demand in the online dating world, simply because my competition are all overweight single mothers. You'd be surprised how attractive a normal BMI and an intact vagina are once you hit 35. Basic grooming combined with non-sweatpant attire and you're already way hotter than their ex-wives. Sadly, most of them have kids, but it's obvious that these guys aren't looking for supermodels.
Peace
I was always reminded by my mother that "your hair is your crowning glory," so every day I style my hair with hot rollers. My mother was a SAHM, but she sewed beautiful clothes for us girls. She was always put together and groomed, and I am the same way. When Mr. Peace and I have date night, I'm always in a nice dress, real jewelry, stockings, high heels and make-up. I don't go full on war paint for work, but I use basic make-up every day. It tales the same amount of time to put on sweatpants and a tee shirt as it does a button down shirt and nice pants, so I don't see why moos have to be so nasty and unkempt with their appearance.

I used to know this Catholic SAHM who had 6 kids. She gained 60 pounds with sprog #6, but lost all that weight in 3 months. She was very, very slender even after 6 kids. Every morning, her husband would watch the kids while she showered, fixed her hair and put on a full face of make-up, including red lipstick. Then he went to work, and she took the kids to school. Oh, and they were extremely well behaved, too.

There is no excuse for being an unkempt slob.

I go about in cotton sweats and t shirts cuz of eczema. Most clothes are very uncomfortable. There are no holes in the clothes and they are clean. Bras are all black cuz stuff discolors fast on me because of my skin issues. Underwear looks tiydied cuz i bleach the hell out of it. I am prone to infection down there.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login