Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parent trying to impress their kids

Posted by cfdavep 
Parent trying to impress their kids
May 24, 2023
I was reading on yahoo about a moo who could not get tickets to Taylor Swift's Era tour and managed to land two of them for $2000 each for her and her daughter. The moo had to get relataives involved to help pay for it. Another guy spent $21,000 on two tickets for him and his daughter. I find that this is a thing with parents today. Instead of admitting that they can't afford it and the kid having to live with that, they will go into debt to be seen as a hero in their kid's eyes. The moo admitted that it upset her that her 12 year old was entering that stage where she was becoming a teen and lost interest in the moo and instead was thinking of hanging out with friends, but the daughter acknowedged moo again when presented with that magical opportunity to see Swift perform. I guess it hits some parents when their kids get older and they attempt to hang on to them no matter the cost.
Re: Parent trying to impress their kids
May 25, 2023
The kids probably won't even be grateful for it anyway, and it'll just set the bar that much higher. The parents will have to live up to those expectations from then on because blowing a fortune on concert tickets will be the new standard.

What's the worst that's going to happen if you tell your brat you can't afford to sink five figures on a concert ticket? They tell you they hate you? They should have started doing that around the age of three or four. There's nothing wrong with setting boundaries, even if you can afford to spend that much money on a concert.

If it's an attempt to rekindle your kid's interest in you as they get older, most kids don't really hang out with their parents and if you have to buy your child's attention and affection, it's probably not going to be worth it. Like don't parents bitch about how they can't stand being around their toddlers because the brats cling to them 24/7? You think they'd enjoy their kids wanting nothing to do with them as they get older.

The Moos of these kids probably don't have any friends their own age anymore, so they have to try to befriend their kids.
June 13, 2023
if they are stupid enough to spend that kind of money.. I would say getting a ticket to an event like this could be a way of 'ticket flipping'

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 14, 2023
It is so important for today's parunt to be a pal and give their kyds everything.

The thing is, the kyds don't know what they are missing. First of all 12 is too young to go to a concert, maybe w/ an older sib, on their own, but otherwise no. And, I don't care even tho there's articles saying what a 'bonding' experience it is taking kyds to concerts like classic rock and this Swifty stuff. I mean, life has changed soo much that kyds rather go somewhere w/ their dumb parunts than go w/ friends and get a ride from someone who drives like older brothers? I could be guaranteed a kiss from Jagger and still wouldn't go to the Stones concert w/ my parents in a million years, and had tons more fun being independent and 'adult' going myself.

And, let's not forget, for every 2000 ticket for your kyd and 2000 ticket for yourself, that 4000 fuckin' dollars could go to a COLLEGE FUND, instead of complaining about the price of college when it comes up. DUH on all parunts.
June 17, 2023
I heard similar on the news when this "story" came out. I cannot think I cannot think of any good lessons that come from this. These idiots are bankrupting themselves to please their kids, and they are teaching their kids to be spoiled little hyper consumers.

I've noticed a real sea change on-line lately about "retirement equity" and a lot of it involves Breeding or "race" and how we need to "equalize" things. I am a person who lived below her means and saved my whole adult life. Nobody handed anything to me. I did not buy my first house until I was over 40 because I wanted to put 20% down and not sacrifice my retirement savings. I lived responsibly.

Very few individuals can afford to spend $20,000 on concert tickets, period. Kids require financial sacrifices, but nobody wants to hear that. Instead they spend money on restaurants, fancy clothes and activities for their brats, lavish vacations, etc. and then they whine later that they have no retirement savings.

The topic is starting to come up on unrelated things. I was on FB the other day and there was a short from a doctor's office. A 69 year old woman got a face lift. She looked great and good for her. I would say AT LEAST 75% of the comments were essentially, stop putting these things on line because I cannot afford it and it's not "fair" etc.

What was one of the first lessons I learned as a kid? Life isn't "fair." My childhood was anything but "fair" and I certainly did not deserve many of the abusive things that happened to me. But I also learned that once I was out, my decisions could make a big difference in my life. I learned that money=freedom and if you are smart enough to save it you can call your own shots. It meant not keeping up with everyone else for a long time. So much of the Breeder lifestyle involves borrowing money to get the big house, fancy cars, vacations and lifestyle that these people cannot truly afford. It also required being an independent thinker and so many kids today are growing up not knowing how to do that.
June 17, 2023
There are those who go bankrupt for legitimate reasons such as the lady who found her health insurance was a scam after a million dollar illness. But I do think children are the biggest causes of poverty.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login