Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bitter Moo to be

Posted by annie35 
Bitter Moo to be
December 17, 2008
My SIL is 7 months pregnant and already bitter about her life choices.
We both like photography and taking pictures.
I was appointed the head of Christmas cards this year, so I set up a holiday background with snowmen, stockings, and our products ( office supplies). I put bows around items we sell and stuffed stockings with products, I also put our products in the hands of the snowmen, and I decorated the tree with products. The pictures are quirky and funny, the buyers will love them. Kind of a winter wonderland, meets Staples.
I wanted to share them with her and show her that I am getting more work threw my way, that requires photography.I am proud that my company thinks I am skilled and uses me as their photographer, instead of hiring one.
She replied back, that it must be nice to have the chance to pursue your dreams. That she will never get to be a photographer or show what she can do, that I luck into everything.
I was proud and wanted to show her what I did, especially since my budget was use anything that is free or don't do take the picture.

She was not happy for me , she was bitter.
She did the same at Thanksgiving, when my husband was sharing with his family, that I am a published photographer, my company used some of my product shots in the new catalog. He was proud of me, she just said well they had to use your pics, you work for them.

Why so bitter? She made the choice to have a baby and I made a choice to pursue my hobbies.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Bitter Moo to be
December 17, 2008
yuo know why they are bitter darling. they are good for one thing only and they didn't realize that the infant inside them would expel their dreams as well. Congrats on your projects. I'm proud of you too.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
It is farking unbelievable, although this type of whining and coveting is typical (and in more areas than one).

She made her bed, let her lie in it. Furthermore, I wouldn't give her the time of day now.

This is guilt tripping, attention mongering.

What you do depends on how far you want to alienate people. If you don't give a damn about your brother and family, you could let her have it between the eyes. (Bed,made,lie..). I think some people deserve alienation: they get away with far too much crap because of misery they inflict on themselves.

Another possibility is the hormonal craziness that goes hand in hand with sprogging. She may very well have PPD like nobodies business when she finally drops the fuck trophy.

It is up to you as to what you want to do. But, at the very least, I wouldn't let her know how well you are doing: all she'll do is snivel, whine, moan, kvetch, and bitch. If you try petting a dog and all they do is snap an snarl, don't pet the dog. Likewise here: you have all the admiration you need from your husband and others. Let this asshole SIL alienate everyone save the most baby rabid 'poor widdle knocked up moo' folk.

If you are willing to smack her upside the head, you could always ask if she was raped, who held a gun to her head and make her screw this baby into existence. If she didn't want it and allowed herself to be talked into this life-script assininity, too bad. I am willing to bet, once she does drop the loaf, she will bingo you up one side and down the other about 'how much more meaaaning her life has' and other bullcrap bingoes we know they all come out with.
I am willing to bet a dollar on this..

Congrats on your work!!!
December 17, 2008
Great job, Annie! And thanks...you just gave me a brilliant idea for the company Christmas card I'm working on today. I'ma decorate the tree on the card with our lovely products. Yay!

Awww, poor widdle SIL is gonna be a slave to worms while her brain slowly melts. And she's realizing what she signed up for! Always a day late ann' a dollar short!
December 17, 2008
Nice job!!!

And OF COURSE she's bitter! You're accomplishing something; she's not.
December 17, 2008
Learning to be happy for others' accomplishments, or at least making it look like you are, should have been learned behavior at a very early age. Grown adults who display petty jealousy or say shit like this are clearly making their immaturity known to all who are present. Whenever I hear any such remarks made like, "***I*****could have a great body too, if ****I***** didn't have chyyllldrennnnnn", or "***MY*****house could stay neat too, if ***I******didn't have little ones to look after all day", or "****I******could spend my vacation in the Swiss Alps too, but as a *****mom***** I have to go to Wally-world gulfarium and petting zoo every year) They made their coices and prioritized their own lives. The most odd thing to me is how in one breath they BINGO us about how "It's all worth it", "I am a better person since I had kyds", or "It's the greatest joy there is and I wouldn't trade it for anyyytthing", but in the NEXT breath they are whining about our accomplishments and acting jealous.confused smiley

It looks to me like THEY want the attention that "TTC", preggosim, childbirth and new baybees bring, while at the same time wanting a CF person's freedom, and they ALSO want to be tops in their prior career which has been tossed by the wayside for years, or enjoy worldwide fame and acclaim for a forgotten hobby in the mean time. However, in addition to wanting all of that unrealistic shit simoultaneously, they don't want ANYONE ELSE to have or accomplish a fucking thing. This behavior re-enforces my view that breeders are an all around SELFISH AS HELL bunch and their immaturity, selfishness, and petty jealousies have no known boundaries.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
Jealous and I STILL think it an attempt at garnering sympathy, attention... etc..
December 17, 2008
Annie, kudos to you for doing such a good job on the cards. And though it's already been said, of course she's bitter - she's got nothing but mind-numbing slavery to look forward to, and you can pursue whatever hobby or dream you fancy, whenever you want.

And of course, once she has sprogged, she'll pull the typical 180 and her attitude will become more of the, "It's all worth it!" one. She'll probably tell you some nonsense about how her life is the meaningful one and yours is completely selfish and wasteful. But it's the same old bitterness!
December 17, 2008
Man, what is UP with these bitches anyhow? Your card idea sounds great--but MOOOOOOO-to-be has to be jealous and nasty because she went and fucked up her own life by getting repugnant. I'd like to hit her upside her self-centered head with a baseball bat for not even having enough class to say, "Hey, cute idea! Have you ever thought of trying advertising?" or something to that effect. She's jealous that unlike her, you have a brain and use it. Fucking Mootard!angry flipping off
December 17, 2008
Seacreature Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great job, Annie! And thanks...you just gave me a
> brilliant idea for the company Christmas card I'm
> working on today. I'ma decorate the tree on the
> card with our lovely products. Yay!
>
> Awww, poor widdle SIL is gonna be a slave to worms
> while her brain slowly melts. And she's realizing
> what she signed up for! Always a day late ann' a
> dollar short!

Thanks!
Do you have any snow where you live? I was going to build a snowman and decorate him with office supplies, but it did not snow.

I also used paper clips and hung individual product that was small in between the lights on a string of Christmas lights, and then hung them up.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 17, 2008
I think your ideas are cool and I was serious about a sideline designing ads for smaller businesses that can't afford an ad agency.

Sorry though about the snow...that stinks...kinda hard to have snowman without snow lol. I like the tree trimming idea, too. You really could be good at ad ideas from what I'm reading. You are smart and talented and don't ever let a bitch like JealousyMoo get you down.
December 17, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> I think your ideas are cool and I was serious
> about a sideline designing ads for smaller
> businesses that can't afford an ad agency.
>
> Sorry though about the snow...that stinks...kinda
> hard to have snowman without snow lol. I like the
> tree trimming idea, too. You really could be good
> at ad ideas from what I'm reading. You are smart
> and talented and don't ever let a bitch like
> JealousyMoo get you down.

Thank you! I do some side work for local small companies, that need images for on line companies and trade shows. I mostly do it for trade, not cash. I trade them images for samples of what they make and sell. I have scored new faucets, shower heads, jackets, socks, towels, sheets, and various food.
She doesn't get me down, she amuses me.
How can people make choices and then constantly complain about them and sprog yet more kids? To me it is like, sticking your finger in a light socket, if it hurts common sense tells one not to do it again. Most breeders seem to lack any common sense.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 17, 2008
Your company christmas card sounds wonderful!! I love it when companies that sell products include them in their holiday cards, I don't know why...I just do.

When she does pull the "Well, it's made me a better person" once she's crapped out the loaf, you could just turn to her and say "Don't you mean bitter?"

And well, It is possible for one to pursue photography AND have children...my mother did. Then again, you'd have to have the skills to get your shit together and not wallow in self pity over your poor life choices.

Bitter? I hardly knew 'er....HAHAHAHAH!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 17, 2008
Excellent stuff Annie -- keep building that portfolio!

But something really bugs me about this pregnant thing. Since WHEN does being pregnant preclude anyone from working on their photography? Last I heard, photography didn't involve physically impossible life-threatening manoeuvres. And there's a hell of a lot of sitting around doing sweet-f.a. when one is pregnant, so why not spend the time doing something useful.

The writing's on the wall already. Annie achieves something -- anything -- that makes this woman jealous, and she'll respond by blaming her chyld for her inability to achieve anything at all in live (other than an ass the size of a bus).

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
December 17, 2008
I hate to cut in, but I thought this was Annie's husband's sister, not Annie's brother's wife. Which one is it?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 17, 2008
But something really bugs me about this pregnant thing. Since WHEN does being pregnant preclude anyone from working on their photography? Last I heard, photography didn't involve physically impossible life-threatening manoeuvres. And there's a hell of a lot of sitting around doing sweet-f.a. when one is pregnant, so why not spend the time doing something useful.

She had to sell her camera , because they are broke.
I figure in life you deserve what you settle for.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 17, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> I hate to cut in, but I thought this was Annie's
> husband's sister, not Annie's brother's wife.
> Which one is it?

My hubby's sister.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 17, 2008
Thanks, I like to be attentive to such little details.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 17, 2008
Well done, Annie!
December 17, 2008
Awww...she had to SELL her camera? Pwah... There goes her life...out with the sprog bathwater.

No snow down here, but we're getting it in the local mountains today! Yaay! Rain rain rain! I love it! Hubby and I are gonna go snowboarding soon. I need to learn some more so I can stop falling on my ass.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> Learning to be happy for others' accomplishments,
> or at least making it look like you are, should
> have been learned behavior at a very early age.
> Grown adults who display petty jealousy or say
> shit like this are clearly making their immaturity
> known to all who are present. Whenever I hear any
> such remarks made like, "***I*****could have a
> great body too, if ****I***** didn't have
> chyyllldrennnnnn", or "***MY*****house could stay
> neat too, if ***I******didn't have little ones to
> look after all day", or "****I******could spend my
> vacation in the Swiss Alps too, but as a
> *****mom***** I have to go to Wally-world
> gulfarium and petting zoo every year) They made
> their coices and prioritized their own lives. The
> most odd thing to me is how in one breath they
> BINGO us about how "It's all worth it", "I am a
> better person since I had kyds", or "It's the
> greatest joy there is and I wouldn't trade it for
> anyyytthing", but in the NEXT breath they are
> whining about our accomplishments and acting
> jealous.confused smiley
>
> i have got a SIL exactly like that......
CFBitchfromLA
December 18, 2008
When I turned 40, mom and I had one of those "what if" conversations. I asked her what she thought I would be like if I had calved. Her response was honest, forthright and revealing about the both of us. Seems like you cannot have that kind of conversation with a breeder, without a barrage of bingoes and contradiction.
CF Uter
December 18, 2008
Just another instance where the "joy" of having kyds cannot be all that abundant, b/c if she was truly happy, she wouldn't even be thinking of shit like that.

I watched a rerun of Courtship of Eddie's Father the other day, the dad was dating a female doctor (of course this was in the '60's) and he asked her if she had any regrets, she replied, "well everything in life is a series of CHOICES" Hello moos, even back in the day the obvious was being stated in prime time TV, yet, today's moos just dont get it.

(Of course, one would never ask that of a male doctor in any decade.)
December 18, 2008
Congrats, Annie, you sound very talented! smiling smiley As to your SIL, I'd tell her to bite the big one and then just ignore her. Like has been said, we all know she's jealous and being petty. She's not worth your time, imo.
anniefan
December 19, 2008
Annie, wonderful job, kudos to you. I'm glad you found a meaning in being the receptionist with the occasional dog bone thrown your way in the way of photography.

GEEZ. Um. I am starting to sound like you guys, I'm feeling my energy go down the black hole that is this board's hate. It's cathartic in a way, after reading all this bs.

Anyway, your SIL is probably scared, because having a baby is a life changing experience. But 3 months after the baby comes, she most likely never ever say that she regrets having a baby. Because not many people do. Why? Because they LOVE their babies, with an intensity that is greater than the love they have for their soul mates. And yes both soul mates and children give you pain and trouble, but they're worth having and loving.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login