Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the worst part about being a parent?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: What is the worst part about being a parent?
January 17, 2009
kidlesskim
Why do they nearly always qualify everything negative that they say, like 80 or 100 "I wish I never had kyds" type comments with, "......but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them to pieces!!!!", or...."....but I wouldn't change it for anything in the worlllllddddd!!!!!!!!.", or"...now, I LOVE my kyds, don't get me wrong....but I wish that they had never been born". Do they think that by adding in the various disclaimers that their negative comment will somehow "not count"? It's quite the opposite with me whenever I am reading any parent comments. I scan the pages and hone in on the word "but", because I know that the actual truth will likely follow. Who are they trying to convince? Are they afraid that their ggggggg-grandkyds will stumble across their anonymous internet post in a time capsule? Are they trying to feel better about an uncorrectable mistake?shrug

They are not able to "return" their kids. Our society does not accept regrets about having kids because it not something one can undo. We love our abusive/drug addicted parents, no matter what. We would not trade them for anyone else. Same goes for kids. People may not love the choice they made, but it is a choice they must live with and I guess it is better that they love their kids then dump them on us, taxpayers.

One professor told me that if I repeated to my self that thing are good, I would feel better about things. He was right. I feel bad about economy and uncertainty in my employment, but I keep saying good things about my favority baseball team, and to be honest, I feel better. smiling smiley

The same is true for parents, they could hate it or they could say good things and feel better. After all, I cannot change the economy and they cannot change their family status.
January 17, 2009
CF West
poofy_puff
CF West

That's my signature you dumb bitch. I don't give a fuck if you people think I'm a troll or not!

You don't even make sense, asshole. You're way out of your league. Give up.
If you people keep fucking, I will act like an asshole. Stop fucking with me and we won't have a problem.

CFWest, I did not read all your posts, but I think you are overreacting. People mess with each other here from time to time. I did not see any statement posted here about you being CF or not. This is not a mob or a gang and no absolute rules have been set in place for you to follow.

You seem to demonstrate easy anger, that is not the way to be on message boards. They will have fun with you and have the last word. Hate me too if you want, but I do not care. I would rather see you have fun instead.
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
Techie
CF West
poofy_puff
CF West

That's my signature you dumb bitch. I don't give a fuck if you people think I'm a troll or not!

If you people keep fucking, I will act like an asshole. Stop fucking with me and we won't have a problem.

CFWest, I did not read all your posts, but I think you are overreacting. People mess with each other here from time to time. I did not see any statement posted here about you being CF or not. This is not a mob or a gang and no absolute rules have been set in place for you to follow.

You seem to demonstrate easy anger, that is not the way to be on message boards. They will have fun with you and have the last word. Hate me too if you want, but I do not care. I would rather see you have fun instead.
I am childfree 100%. But when some people give me a hard time, I do have a habit or responding badly. I do agree that I have anger issues.

I don't hate you. I don't think I've ever seen your posts directed at me in a negative way.

Some of these stupid fucks think I'm a childed person posing as a childfree person.
January 17, 2009
CF West
Techie
CF West
poofy_puff
CF West

I am childfree 100%. But when some people give me a hard time, I do have a habit or responding badly. I do agree that I have anger issues.

I don't hate you. I don't think I've ever seen your posts directed at me in a negative way.

Some of these stupid fucks think I'm a childed person posing as a childfree person.

Hey, they do offer cost-free, quick and not necessarily painless vasectomies here. LOL grinning smiley For a few bucks they can do castrations! LOL grinning smiley
January 17, 2009
CF West

That, and / or you are a horse's ass, like we talked about last night.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
poofy_puff
CF West

That, and / or you are a horse's ass, like we talked about last night.
AH, FUCK OFF!angry flipping off
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
CF West
If people push me to the point, I will become a asshole.

No one cares if you try to become what you already are. It's not a matter of "if people leave you alone you'll be nice". You were annoying as hell long before anyone started calling you out for acting like a troll.

You threatening to become an asshole is like a history professor threatening to become boring.
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
Konkurrent
CF West

No one cares if you try to become what you already are. It's not a matter of "if people leave you alone you'll be nice". You were annoying as hell long before anyone started calling you out for acting like a troll.

You threatening to become an asshole is like a history professor threatening to become boring.
You go fuck yourself motherfucker!
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
CF West
Konkurrent
CF West

My point exactly.
January 17, 2009
Techie
kidlesskim
Why do they nearly always qualify everything negative that they say, like 80 or 100 "I wish I never had kyds" type comments with, "......but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them to pieces!!!!", or...."....but I wouldn't change it for anything in the worlllllddddd!!!!!!!!.", or"...now, I LOVE my kyds, don't get me wrong....but I wish that they had never been born". Do they think that by adding in the various disclaimers that their negative comment will somehow "not count"? It's quite the opposite with me whenever I am reading any parent comments. I scan the pages and hone in on the word "but", because I know that the actual truth will likely follow. Who are they trying to convince? Are they afraid that their ggggggg-grandkyds will stumble across their anonymous internet post in a time capsule? Are they trying to feel better about an uncorrectable mistake?shrug

They are not able to "return" their kids. Our society does not accept regrets about having kids because it not something one can undo. We love our abusive/drug addicted parents, no matter what. We would not trade them for anyone else. Same goes for kids. People may not love the choice they made, but it is a choice they must live with and I guess it is better that they love their kids then dump them on us, taxpayers.

One professor told me that if I repeated to my self that thing are good, I would feel better about things. He was right. I feel bad about economy and uncertainty in my employment, but I keep saying good things about my favority baseball team, and to be honest, I feel better. smiling smiley

The same is true for parents, they could hate it or they could say good things and feel better. After all, I cannot change the economy and they cannot change their family status.

I agree with the part about the reason they keep saying it is that it's something they can't undo and to feel better about their situations. However, I disagree that child vs parent is interchangeable with parent vs child. One is a choice and the other is not. A child didn't make a decision to be born nor could he have prevented his own birth, where as a parent could have decided to remain without children and could have prevented it. So, while the child-parent relationship is unavoidable for one and can't be considered a mistake by the child, it IS avoidable for the parent so therefore it CAN be considered a mistake for him/her. Other than a psychological game with themselves which could act as a placebo, I really don't see how their saying a lie over and over can make them feel any better. I can tell myself over and over that something awful that happened to me isnt true, but the fact is that I am aware that it is true and that it did happen and no amount of saying otherwise will change that or make me feel any better.

As for the part about loving our abusive/alcoholic, etc.....parents no matter what and not wanting to trade them for anyone else, I don't believe that's always true either. I was lucky in that my parents were good people, but I know some other kyds I grew up with who had HORRIBLE parents and they most definately WOULD have traded them if they could have and now, they have little to no contact with them at all. It's the same way with children who abuse, lie to, and steal from their own parents. Unless that parent has it's head buried in the sand, there will come a time when he has to cut ties with that child and move on. I have known several parents who haven't seen a son or a daughter in 20 years or more because of some awful thing he/she has done in the past. So, in those cases, they do not "love them no matter what", necessarily. If they loved them, "no matter what", then they would break down and agree to see them, or forgive them, or otherwise patch things up, rather than saying, "They no longer exist to me". That's not unconditional love, but rather it's conditional love. They have good reasons I think, like in one case the kyd killed his own father in a drunken rage for no good reason when he was a teen, but it does happen.

What annoys me the most about their saying it over and over, even though it may make them feel better although I don't know how, is that they often attempt to get bystanders to nod in agreement, pat them on the back, or act as if they believe what they are saying when it's clear that they do not. It's bad enough to perpetuate your own lies, but a bit worse when you try to enlist other people into your personal hell hole. This nonsense wouldn't work for any other type mistakes that people make. A man could be pulled over blind drunk and tell the officer over and over, "I do NOT drink, so therefore I am NOT drunk", until he is blue in the face. The fact remains though, that he is drunk. A wife can toss pictures of her husband naked in bed with his secretary in the trash and say over and over and over until next year, "My husband is faithful, he does NOT cheat", but that won't change the facts. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine when people lie to themselves and then expect the whole world to treat them like the naked emporer. If they look to me for validation, which I avoid getting involved with head in the sand buriers, they will not get it. I'll dance around it if I can to spare their feelings, but God help them if they outright ask me and demand a response.
January 17, 2009
Like I said once before CFWest, you seem like you're trying way too hard to pass yourself off as CF. With the 100+ posts in 5 days, the seemingly faked anti-breeder comments and your hostility toward those calling you a troll really makes you look like one, whether or not you actually are a troll. The more posts you make calling people names, the more attention you will bring to yourself and the more ridiculous you will make yourself look.

If you actually are CF, why have you been asking so many questions about CFdom since you joined? Almost everything you've asked about is stuff I'd consider common childfree knowledge.

Seriously though, there's one place I think that would probably enjoy your membership. It's another CF board: *CFEZ*. Great folks. Membership is free.

http://www.childfreez.com
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
Cambion
Like I said once before CFWest, you seem like you're trying way too hard to pass yourself off as CF. With the 100+ posts in 5 days, the seemingly faked anti-breeder comments and your hostility toward those calling you a troll really makes you look like one, whether or not you actually are a troll. The more posts you make calling people names, the more attention you will bring to yourself and the more ridiculous you will make yourself look.

If you actually are CF, why have you been asking so many questions about CFdom since you joined? Almost everything you've asked about is stuff I'd consider common childfree knowledge.

Seriously though, there's one place I think that would probably enjoy your membership. It's another CF board: *CFEZ*. Great folks. Membership is free.

http://www.childfreez.com
What? I can't ask questions in one day? I was asking about childfree women. I thought I was making jokes about breeders. But then some motherfuckers think I'm a childfree poser. As far as I'm concerned, the only person I know who is childfree is me. I'm a home body.

Like I said, I do have a habit of responding badly to people tho fucks with me. Breeders who have a problem with me because I never want children, and some childfree who thinks I'm not childfree.
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
CF West

This troll is more ninja than you.
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
Portiabella
CF West

This troll is more ninja than you.
Haha, bitches are so stupid!
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
A clinically brain-dead gerbil could write a script with more sophisticated automatic come-backs than that.
January 17, 2009
I agree, KidlessKim, they are looking for support from others. When people have it messed up, sometimes, when outsider says it is not so bad, some do feel better.
January 17, 2009
Konkurrent
CF West

LOL waving hellolarious May I use that?

As for our "CF" friend here, I think that he is likely one of two things. He is either a female moocow troll or a very young CF male who likely still lives at home. West, grown men don't ridicule, demean, and otherwise make derogatory remarks about women when they are posting on a site where they are aware that at least half of the membership is female, UNLESS they are purposely trying to offend them. They especially don't come across as looking for a date either when it's quite apparent that all of the women who are posting here are over the age of 21, except maybe one or two, and you have already made it clear that you wanted to date someone who was two years younger than your stated age of 20. It's also apparent to even a casual lurker that every member on here is already partnered up or either they are happily single, with a couple of exceptions. No one is "making" you be an asshole, you are choosing to be one. I hope you don't come back and spew any vulgarities at me because I am trying to be nice. If you are truly interested in being a part of this forum, it's probably best to make comments based on your opinions and experiences on a variety of topics which interest you, and dispense with the name calling and the curse fests, JMO.
January 17, 2009
kidlesskim
As for the part about loving our abusive/alcoholic, etc.....parents no matter what and not wanting to trade them for anyone else, I don't believe that's always true either. I was lucky in that my parents were good people, but I know some other kyds I grew up with who had HORRIBLE parents and they most definately WOULD have traded them if they could have and now, they have little to no contact with them at all. It's the same way with children who abuse, lie to, and steal from their own parents. Unless that parent has it's head buried in the sand, there will come a time when he has to cut ties with that child and move on. I have known several parents who haven't seen a son or a daughter in 20 years or more because of some awful thing he/she has done in the past. So, in those cases, they do not "love them no matter what", necessarily. If they loved them, "no matter what", then they would break down and agree to see them, or forgive them, or otherwise patch things up, rather than saying, "They no longer exist to me". That's not unconditional love, but rather it's conditional love. They have good reasons I think, like in one case the kyd killed his own father in a drunken rage for no good reason when he was a teen, but it does happen.

Children, I'm sure, all pretty much suffer from a 15-year-long case of Stockholm Syndrome. From birth, they instinctually work to appeal to the most powerful adult with whom they have contact. They don't make any distinction whether it's a parent or not (contrary to the whole 'bonding' bullshit theory). Adopted-at-6-month babies remember nothing of their parents within a few weeks and focus solely on trying to appeal to a nearby powerful adult -- their feeder, comforter, or adminstrator of punishments. They identify and sympathise with, and 'understand' the adult so much that they think they are part of them. Doesn't matter if the adult is a druggie, a prostitute, a murderer or a pedophile doing their worst to them -- under the instinctual survival mode known as Stockholm Syndrome, it doesn't matter. Then, after 13, 14, 15 years, they sort of snap out of their co-dependency. And they turn hostile towards them as 'jailers' instead. Hilariously, parents assign their little brats with all sorts of intellect and pretend that their children adore them and approve of them because they're great and wonderful people -- not because their instincts have been triggered, and all those infant smiles and toddler giggles are merely gestures meant to result in treats, attention, and survival.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 17, 2009
Konkurrent
A clinically brain-dead gerbil could write a script with more sophisticated automatic come-backs than that.

And George W. Bush could write a better speech.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 17, 2009
Amethyst
kidlesskim

Children, I'm sure, all pretty much suffer from a 15-year-long case of Stockholm Syndrome. From birth, they instinctually work to appeal to the most powerful adult with whom they have contact. They don't make any distinction whether it's a parent or not (contrary to the whole 'bonding' bullshit theory). Adopted-at-6-month babies remember nothing of their parents within a few weeks and focus solely on trying to appeal to a nearby powerful adult -- their feeder, comforter, or adminstrator of punishments. They identify and sympathise with, and 'understand' the adult so much that they think they are part of them. Doesn't matter if the adult is a druggie, a prostitute, a murderer or a pedophile doing their worst to them -- under the instinctual survival mode known as Stockholm Syndrome, it doesn't matter. Then, after 13, 14, 15 years, they sort of snap out of their co-dependency. And they turn hostile towards them as 'jailers' instead. Hilariously, parents assign their little brats with all sorts of intellect and pretend that their children adore them and approve of them because they're great and wonderful people -- not because their instincts have been triggered, and all those infant smiles and toddler giggles are merely gestures meant to result in treats, attention, and survival.

Very nicely written. I read this essay back in college, it was called "Who needs motherhood", it talked about all that. I could not remember how to put it back together, but you just did. I love it.
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009
kidlesskim
LOL waving hellolarious May I use that?

Of course. I'm all about putting the smackdown on stupidity wherever it may lurk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login