What a great parent
January 17, 2009
I read this over on Etiquette Hell:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=50265.0

Basically, a Duh who's obviously got a couple of screws loose just lets his six-year-old daughter roam unsupervised around the neighborhood because it's a "safe neighborhood", and then when it gets late enough, he goes out and looks for her. No idea if there's a Moo in the picture. Sounds to me that Duh lets his kid roam so he doesn't have to watch her and in hopes that anyone whose house she visits [uninvited] will feed her.

For a change, E-Hell people are being sane and suggesting getting CPS involved. If the kid does get taken away, I really hope to Gawd the Duh doesn't know where the OP lives...you just know the guy will suddenly begin to care when his kid is "stolen away" and he could start harassing the OP for having his kid taken.
Re: What a great parent
January 17, 2009
Cripes. Mind you, usually there's 'one in every neighbourhood' of this type.

He's unfit. Give her her shots, tag her, rehome her, and give him the snip.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 17, 2009
The child is dirty, hungry, wearing torn and smelly clothes, and is allowed to aimlessly wander the neighborhood at night and go into strangers' homes. This sounds more like a police matter than an etiquette issue. I really wish that the woman hadn't made her identity known to that man because now it will be next to impossible for her to report this anonymously without fear of retribution from this nutcase duddy and perhaps even by the absentee moomie as well. If he's investigated and cleared, he will still be living nearby and be pissed off. If he is investigated and jailed, then he will be out on bail in no time flat and madder than a hornet. If the kyd is taken away then he will very likely blame the OP, like Cambion said. This man could be a lazy bum OR he could be an abusive psycho and he knows who this woman is, who her kyd is, where they live and where her kyd goes to school. If it were me, I think that I would remain silent and keep my nose out of it for a few weeks, then call and report it anonymously. By that time the heat will be off as far as her recent contact with the man and he won't know WHO called. My fear for myself and my famblee's safety would over ride my concern for this kyd. She's managed to survive until she is six years of age, so a few more weeks shouldn't do much more harm. Besides, why don't her teachers do something I wonder?
January 17, 2009
And people wonder why others are so much less likely to look out for kids- i.e. -taking a village- when thay assume we are going to give a shit when we get sued for not doing exactly the right thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login