Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

has anyone else lost a marriage over reproduction?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: has anyone else lost a marriage over reproduction?
January 21, 2009
Cambion
Adding on to what Feh said, what if you don't get the coveted boy and girl children on the first two tries? You get pushed to keep popping out kids until you get that missing gender. It is no fucking coincidence when you see a family where the five oldest kids are girls, the youngest is a boy and the parents decide only after Boy is born that they will stop spawning. Or vice versa with girls. The folk who do end up with a boy and a girl usually call it quits...unless they have a "miracle", which they just have to keep. Then when they have an uneven ratio of boys to girls, they need to try some more to even things out. You just can't have two girls and a boy - that's screwy!

And I also never understood why people lament and bitch and whine about how haaaaaarrrrrd it is to be a Moomie or a Duhddy and then go and have more kids. If it was hard with the first one, it's going to be twice as hard with two of the little bastards, so why do that to yourself?

And yikes, Kim...your ex sounds like quite a trip. Glad you got the hell away from that one.

My sil is getting pressure right now from her own mom to have a boy. They already have a girl. She's a handful.

I have no desire to have kids, I also have NO desire to be pressured by breeder dumb facks. They usually don't hound me bc I'm too busy ignoring them and they know it.

lab mom
January 21, 2009
FreeAndHappy
Cambion, that hits close to home. My fucktard biological parents had SEVEN girls before having their precious baby boy.

And they put the last girl, me, into an orphanage, so that they could afford to keep trying.

I'm sorry to hear about that. <<>>

It angers me to no end when the moo cows will ignore the current kid and only give the upmost attention to the fresh loaf as if it is they only one who matters. Terrible reason to have kids because they all require so much attention, and not to be ignored. Loosers. They could have been childfree and much happier. So no kids or eventually adults would have suffered.

lab mom
January 21, 2009
my mum doesnt bother me, my brother is also cf, she doesnt bother him. once people know my opinion they know i very very rarely change my mind.

as if having the right sex of child is a valid reason to have a kid. ok free and happy, i am going to say this.

i have read your posts with interest, i can see you are conflicted, but i have a feeling you are more childfree than not. you know what you want out of life at the moment. for every young child theres also a baby, you have stated that you are not keen on dealing with the very young.

i would say, if you do doubt any part, then to be safe say no.imagine the regrets after realising that you werent cut out for it.

there is many other ways you can give back to society, as others say here be a mentor, big sister/brother. that way you can influence many others. be a foster mother, kids who really need help. but you need to find yourself. whether it is parent, breeder or cf. dont just let it lie, talk to your partner, discuss it with them. say you are not sure, talk is cheap but it can focus your mind.

i have a feeling you will feel so many regrets if you decide to go down the parenting route.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 21, 2009
Oh gosh FreeAndHappy, that's just awful. I'm sorry that happened to you. sad smiley

I agree with you, WaterLily...I hate when the youngest kid gets all the attention. They might need it during infancy, but they don't need it forever - being "the baby" in terms of age doesn't make your siblings meaningless. I also hate when parents show obvious favoritism toward one child, which is usually the male child. I am so glad I'm an only child - any problems I have weren't from a lack of a sibling. They were from my mom being a basket case (like not ever letting me go anywhere outside the house and not letting me have any friends over ever and never letting me work...I now can't make friends or be social and I'm terrified of getting a job. She also taught me to be scared of everything. Now I have anxiety. Go Mom.)
January 21, 2009
Cambion
Adding on to what Feh said, what if you don't get the coveted boy and girl children on the first two tries? You get pushed to keep popping out kids until you get that missing gender. It is no fucking coincidence when you see a family where the five oldest kids are girls, the youngest is a boy and the parents decide only after Boy is born that they will stop spawning. Or vice versa with girls. The folk who do end up with a boy and a girl usually call it quits...unless they have a "miracle", which they just have to keep. Then when they have an uneven ratio of boys to girls, they need to try some more to even things out. You just can't have two girls and a boy - that's screwy!

And I also never understood why people lament and bitch and whine about how haaaaaarrrrrd it is to be a Moomie or a Duhddy and then go and have more kids. If it was hard with the first one, it's going to be twice as hard with two of the little bastards, so why do that to yourself?

And yikes, Kim...your ex sounds like quite a trip. Glad you got the hell away from that one.

The media and society sells crap to people that having kids is easy and great. They had "Family man" or something like it on TV, it sold breeding, in fact it forced it down people throats. I am yet to see a TV program that shows that reality of it all. I bet they would get shut down by FCC or something.
Before I met DH, I made it clear to anyone I dated -- right up front -- that I didn't want kids, never wanted future kids, and was not going to change my mind. I even told DH, as we started dating, that if he had any dreams of being a Dad, one day, I was not the girl for him.

Until then he'd always had an "if it happens it happens" attitude towards becoming a Dad, and I know that he was surprised to hear from a woman who knew 100% that she didn't want them, and had clearly thought about it. At the time, he was "fine" with the idea of not having them.

Now, you'd never know he wasn't "one of us" from the very start. grinning smiley We love our freedom, our privacy, the spontaneity, the ability to fulfill ourselves with all the things, little and big, that make life (and marriage) so much fun. I've even asked him, "If I lost my mind, and decided I wanted a child...", and he's said, "I couldn't do it. Not now. This isn't just me doing or saying something, because it's what you want. I don't want kids EVER."

The communication thing is PARAMOUNT. I think, at the very start of a relationship, both parties have to have an absolute understanding of how the other person feels. If one or the other thinks, "well, maybe..." or "he/she is bound to change their mind...", then you are planting the seed for problems down the line.
January 24, 2009
FreeAndHappy
What I am sure about is that someone else, like my ex-husband, is not going to control or pressure me into having a child that I do not want. I hope that even though I am not 100% CF, I can be accepted here, because there is no where else that I know of that will accept a woman who was divorced (partly) for refusing to reproduce on demand.

I thought a little about that. Some may disagree, but having a CF meter may not be a very accurate way to tell if someone is going to reproduce or not. There are people who are very adamant about being CF, say very re-assuring things, until they get pregnant. They keep it. You know what happens from there.

For some people not having kids may never add-up to calling themselves CF. Some people just do not have them. They just feel better about their lives when they can live it the way they want it.

Your BF being a fence sitter may not be that big of an issue. If you guys click otherwise, you may be able to work on the fence sitting part. Your last marriage has partly ended because of kids. There had to have been other issues. Remember, patience is important in any relationships. Sometimes desire to have kids could escalate into other arguments and you guys will hate each other in no time. It is important to keep the kid issue separate. Keep that aside. Look for separate solutions. Never loose respect for each other.

I have personally dated a girl who said she was CF. Our chemistry was different so we decided to call it quits. She later got pregnant by some looser. I asked her why she changed her mind, she claimed that deep on the inside she thought that she physically could not have kids, so she never used protection with those guys. WTF?

Moral of my story is that what you got working to your advantage is that your BF may be more of an open book, because he seems to share his thoughts. It is better for him to be a fence sitter than to tell you he is CF and then have something happen. It may work better than you think. You just got to be open and respectful of things.

I had a good number of childed women tell me that if their other half did not want kids but loved them otherwise, they would not have ended the relationship. Not all women and men are like that, but somehow I think that many situations can work out in CF person's favor if things are kept in the open and birth control is used very religiously.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety" ..... Ben Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves” ..... Paul Revere

“Sometimes the greatest evils are committed by the silence of good people” ..... Edmund Burke

So, if guns kill people, I suppose pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
January 24, 2009
Welcome smiling smiley I can tell you that neither myself nor my husband ever wanted kids. Now here we are almost 25 years later, and neither one of us has ever regretted our decision to be CF. I think you have to decide what is best for you, as you are the one who would have to deal with children in your life, or not. One thing you might want to try is picture in your mind that you are pregnant. How does that make you feel? Try to really explore those feelings.

As far as wanting to teach a child through their life, you might want to consider becoming a Big Sister. Most communities have such programs. It would allow you to share your experiences with a child/teenager without having to have the responsibilities of parenthood.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
I never lost a marriage over repro., but I did lose a "relationship". I was once dating someone I was pretty crazy about. However, the kid topic came up pretty early on (as it should) and he dumped me when he realized I really was dead serious about not wanting to have kids. It hurt like hell at the time, but I'm grateful to him now for having been strong enough to end things when he did. We had some major chemistry, and I know it was hard for him, too, but it worked out best for both of us. Some things are non-negotiable.
I should add... that experience taught me that the kid topic must be brought up as soon as it becomes clear that a relationship may be blossoming. Better to get clear what each person wants BEFORE there is any real investment in emotions.
January 25, 2009
walflower
I should add... that experience taught me that the kid topic must be brought up as soon as it becomes clear that a relationship may be blossoming. Better to get clear what each person wants BEFORE there is any real investment in emotions.

Very true. While I lost several good ladyfriends over the kyds issue, we managed to realize this early enough to minimize the damage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login