Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

130bemused eye rollitching the Family Dog--so sad

Posted by Sherz 
This article actually made me cry. What a cunt bitch--excuse my language, but I hate this family! I'm sure Shadow is a hell of a lot happier being out of this neglectful home. Poor dog, I can't imagine giving up my cats for any reason. This family should not be allowed to ever have pets again.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: 130bemused eye rollitching the Family Dog--so sad
May 01, 2006
Me too Sherz, I loathe people like this to no fucking end. People who intend to have kids have NO place having as much as a fucking gold fish as a pet.

Nice values to teach your kid: when something becomes inconvenient, just ditch it. Breeders suck. A friend of mine pulled this shit with 2 dogs in the past. They just got another dog for their kids so we'll see how long this one lasts before it becomes inconvenient.

SO and I have 6 cats and 2 dogs, I can't imagine doing anything to them that would disrupt their lives in the least bit. Pets rock.
Vanilla Wasteland
May 01, 2006

Agh! I abhore people like this! How dare they be so cavalier about the existence of a dog. How would they like it when they are 80 years old and have their children decide that THEY are too much trouble to be taken care of, then are shipped off the nursing home!!!

Recent bumper sticker that applies to this:

"HUMANS AREN'T THE ONLY SPECIES ON EARTH, THEY JUST ACT LIKE IT!"
This must happen more often than not. I actually witnessed this within my own family (if I could have taken the dog I would have). My sister and brother-in-law bought a mini schnauzer and gave him constant tlc, until child number 1 came along a year later. After that, the dog received no further training, was never brushed, and became a 'burden' and was neglected. Although they didn't "ditch the dog," I learned from my parents that apparently the dog died alone in his bed (in the garage) of old age. Parunts to be: if you aren't going to care for a dog properly, don't get one.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 01, 2006
I had friends with brats visit me ONCE some years ago. Notice: ONCE. These are the same friends that had 2 dogs and got rid of them because they were a burden and now have a new dog.

They came to MY house and didn't want the cats near their kids and kept complaining about the dog being near precious Shitford. "Oh, he's so close to his face, what if he snaps." "What if your cats give the kids those toxic worms you can get from cat poop?"

Uh, it's toxoplasmosis, you need to be concerned if you are pregnant and what if I snap and open a can of whoopass all over you and throw you out?
May 01, 2006
I can't stand when people do this to their pets. It's not pets who are inconvenient, it's the fucking brats. Pets were there first, and they deserve to stay, no matter what new organisms come along. I would never ever choose a kid over an animal - if I saw a kitten sitting alone in the middle of the sidewalk and a half-dead child in front of said kitten, I'd walk over the kid and take the kitten.

I can't imagine how the dog felt being abandoned and losing his home of seven years. If anything, I'm glad that the dog found its way into a home with an owner who will give the dog the proper care and attention. Instead of the dog being leashed in the backyard all day and then neglected because the kyds need all the attention, it has a good diet and an owner that pays attention to it.

"My favorite image of Shadow is his tail waving in the air as he walked away with Ed that weekend. He didn't look back."

Of course the dog didn't look back, you dumb bitch - would you want to look back at the asshole who abandoned you? The dog is probably glad to be away from the woman who saw him as a thorn in the side rather than a loving family member and companion.
CF Scorpio
May 01, 2006
I was glad to see that most of the many comments on that article's site were from people who were outraged and calling her selfish.

DH and I adopted a breeder's cat four years ago. We wanted to get another cat to a companion for the cat we already had, so we went to a cat show, where the local animal shelter had cats available for adoption. DH spotted a beautiful little tortoiseshell cat who was sleeping peacefully in her cage, and the tag on her cage that gave information about her said that her owner had just had a baby and didn't have time to take care of the cat. The cat was only two years old, and the owner had her from the time she was a kitten.

When I read that, I became very angry. My family had cats beginning, and they were always a big part of our family. My parents would not have dreamed of giving them up just because I came along. They taught my sisters and me to properly care of the cats at a very young age - there's a photo in their photo album of me feeding one of them when I was three years old.

After DH and I adopted the sweet little tortoiseshell, we wondered what was so damn hard about taking care of her that the breeder gave her up for adoption.

Kelly - that's what we named her - turned out to be one of the most loving, easiest cats I've ever met. Unlike our other cat, who's very vocal, Kelly doesn't demand a lot of attention when DH and I arrive home from work. She loves playing alone with her toys, although she also likes it when we play with her. She's very affectionate and likes to cuddle with us, but she's also content to just be left alone.

I guess the breeder was so BIIIIZZZY after her goldsprong was born that she couldn't make time to do the usual care of a pet, such as feeding, grooming, cleaning out litterboxes, making time to play and spend time with the pet and take the pet to regular vet checkups.

To that I say - B.S.! If you truly value pets, you will make the time to take care of them properly! Being BIIIIZZZY with the BAAAYBEE is just a poor excuse for neglect of a pet, and a poor reason to put the pet up for adoption.

May 01, 2006
I am not a dog person at all but this still made me sad. I have two cats and a rabbit. The rabbit poos all over so we have to clean up after him. The cats' litter box is no fun to scoop. Yet, I could not imagine just throwing away my pets.
I don't get bingo'd much by childed family members, but they very often do things like "take the cat, you can give her the attention she needs"...which drives me crazy and breaks my heart. I hate to see a pet considered to be inconvenient because its kind of a handfull because it's still pretty young and very active. I have to explain every single time I visit that I have an elderly cat of my own whose life would be greatly disrupted with the addition of additional cats. I just don't believe in doing things that would disrupt the lives of others (humans included) simply because "I want to" or "its more convenient".
May 01, 2006
Those "people" who dump pets make me sick. I hope they get dumped by their pweciousss kyds when they're old and sick, so they'll know what it feels like. Bastards from hell.

(And pets are NOT for "practice", you fucking idiots!)

I wish I could adopt another cat too, but I already have 2 and they're both 10, so it would upset them too much.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 01, 2006
I have a severely diabetic cat who needs insulin and his blood glucose levels checked twice a day. I have one with 3 legs and no teeth. One hides all day because she was a feral rescue and is terrified of everyone and everything. The other 3 are "normal" so to speak.... at least physically..... LOL

You should hear some of the comments I get. Things like "Why don't you put that cat to sleep if he's got diabetes? There are healthy pets at a shelter you could adopt." "That cat can't be happy with no teeth and 3 legs, you should put her down" or "What use is having a cat if you can't pet her and she hides all day?"

Fucking assholes. For the same reasons you don't put down your ugly, sickly, or disabled child. I hope these will be the same people who rot alone in a nursing home because their kids abandoned them.
May 01, 2006
Exactly. I made a commitment to those kittens when I adopted them and it's forever - not until I get bored or knocked up.

You're a wonderful person for taking such good care of those cats and giving them such a loving home, KFLL! Cheers!
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006
AHHHHH!!!! I used volunteer at our local shelter and the manager said that something happens to women when they get pregnant. They all seem to dump their pets. Anyone read Marley and Me? His cunt wife wanted to do that because of post partum depression. JESUS I HATE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can a pet be considered practice for a child?
I mean, my cat never clawed it's way out of my vagina, kept me up all night crying for some reason I couldn't figure out and remedy, drank all my liquor, stole my pain medication or money from my wallet, trashed my house in any permenant way, or failed in school.

This woman should be ashamed. I don't even see how she can write this and post it up for all to see. Now everyone knows how selfish and lazy she is. Shooting out a couple of pot roasts does not make you a better person. Why did the knucklehead take the dog in the first place when her husband is allergic to dogs? She should have helped to find it a better home then. Dumbass.
At least Shadow finally has a good home.
PPL who abuse and/or neglect their pets should be shot.
May 02, 2006
i am a dog person, my fiance is a cat person, i want several dogs, she wants several cats.. dogs and cats give love unconditionally, cats less so i find (but that could be my bias).. i couldnt imagine living without a pet, my mum has had pets for over 40 years.. we have 2 now blue roan cockers. , our prvious dog was one that the parents had a new born we bought it off them, and it was sweet.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Dogs make excellant companions. IMHO.
Vanilla Wasteland
May 02, 2006
CF-Boston. Your story made me cry when I thought of that poor old dog dieing alone in his bed and in the garage. I guess people don't realize that there is such a thing as Karma.
May 02, 2006
Bunny is feeling better and eating but still going to the vet in the a.m. since he is overdue for a physical. Sure...I would rather spend $60 on other things but I take my responsibility towards my beloved pet rather seriously...
I used to have a bunny--Snuggles. He died 7 years ago. I had him for 10 years. He had an inoperable mass in his lung and was struggling to breathe. He went from being seemingly fine, to being very ill in less than 2 days. My only choice was to have him put to sleep,and this was really devistating for me. I took off 4 days of work. My one coworker--(a bitch who actually had a cat put to sleep because they didnt' want it any more)--told me it was kind of flaky to take off 4 days of work for a rabbit. Karma is a bitch though. Her horrible, spoiled kids have put her through her paces. She had to take 4 days off last year because her asshole son got caught smoking a big old blunt in the high school parking lot, and he had a whole stash of pot in his car, all bagged up to sell. Quite nice little mess for her to work out in her 4 days off!!
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 03, 2006
Rabbits ROCK! I had many as pets over the years, we kept them in the house in the winter. At bedtime, the rabbits would all run upstairs and hop in bed with us. Some of them would even burrow under the covers to sleep!! LOL
Vanilla Wasteland
May 03, 2006
I'm posting alot on this subject because I am so really saddened that these moos and duhs just dump their lovely pets when baybee comes along and for other inane reasons without a bit of thought about what the pet might go through. Oh, but I forget, pets don't feel loss and pain!

After my dear sweet tuxedo kitty (adopted from a co-worker becuase her boyfriend didn't want the cat) died, I waited a while then went to the local animal shelter and adopted another sweet kitty. When I brought the new kitty to my vet, he asked me where I got her. He assumed that my cat was not adopted from a shelter because of her sweet disposition and her age (8 yrs). He was in disbelief that someone would actually get rid of this cat. I told him that the tag on her cage said that the "childrun got allergies". Yeah, right.

I also adopted my dog from the shelter. She was seized from the owner because she was chained up to a fence and basically being starved to death. Now she eats a great diet, has tons of room to play and receives tons of love. She is the sweetest dog I have ever had in my life. If the world were truly fair to pets and wildlife, that previous owner would have his ass chained to a fence and not fed for a while. There still is no justice for animals because they are still thought of as "property". Disgusting.

Oh, so it's wrong to take off from work because a pet who you've had for a decade or more dies, but it's okay to take off work becuase you raised your kid to be a drug dealer? I mean, why do you need to take off work becuse your kid's in jail in the first place. It's not like you can go in there and wipe his ass.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.