Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

130bemused eye rollitching the Family Dog--so sad

Posted by Sherz 
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: 130bemused eye rollitching the Family Dog--so sad
May 03, 2006
Oh absolutely, it's much more acceptable to take time from work to visit your juvenille delinquent in prison, than it is to "waste" time taking care of a sick pet. I was told once by a childed person, "You have an unhealthy affection towards those pets." to which I replied, "Yea, well, incest is actually much more common, you have kids, right?"

I don't believe pets are property either. They are members of the family with the same emotional and physical needs as any one else. Only difference is - they can't speak. I bet if these dogs could tell their owners how lonely or hurt they are feeling, a lot of people would think twice before abandoning or abusing an animal.
Anonymous User
May 03, 2006
KFLL someone actually said that about your pets(unhealthy affection)?
Love the comeback!!! What did they say after you said that?
Oh yeah your co-worker: what a nerve!! Instant karmas gonna get you!
We had to put our (the dog we had when I grew up, as with my two siblings) dog down to sleep b/c she was old and ill. I sure miss her. Dogs (and other pets) are humans beings too. With feelings, desires, emotions, ect. You can't abuse or ditch them either. These breeders don't want to abuse a human being, but sure love doing it to an animal. Any abuse is wrong. Including eder abuse. It seem to me that breeders love abusing animals and the ederly. Very sad. B/c to them, it's all about me, me me me me me and give me, give me give me.
Do any of you ever watch "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet? My husband and I get so upset watching it. I always think punishment for the "human" should be enduring whatever abuse they have bestowed upon the animal. I've been told that I become overly attached to my pets, as well. How can you not? They love you so unconditionally. I've had cats since I was born, and dogs, birds, rabbits, fish, and lizards throughout my life, and my life is richer for it.
Those who think someone could become to overly attatched to animals are just pathedic and use that as an excuse for a bingo.
Vanilla - Sorry my story made you cry. He was truly a great little dog - very active - a typical schnauzer. I was only in high school when my sis and bro-in-law got him, so I spent a lot of time with him until I went to college. That's when things went downhill for him. Nobody took the time to train him properly after child #1 and 2 came along. My bro-in-law's answer to him pulling while going for a walk, was a choke chain. (All that did was make him short of breath - and we protested). My mom was always giving him love and attention equal to the love she gave the grandkids whenever she visited. (My mom is awesome). After my sister and her fam moved to N. California, my mom was there while he was passing away, and she spent quite a bit of time with him in the garage. He didn't pass without love, and he still lives on in pictures and videos I have.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 04, 2006
I can't watch Animal Cops. I become enraged and my whole evening is ruined; then on top of it I have horrible dreams about my own pets having something happen to them.

One thing amazes me is how those cops can retain their composure and not kick the shit out of the offenders. I'd be fired my first day on the job.
KFLL--I agree with you. I. too, would be fired on my first day! My husband would probably be placed in a maximum security prison on his first day!!
May 04, 2006
I can't watch any show or movie where something happens to a pet, especially a cat. Even if it's not real, I cry my eyes out - and rush to find my little ones and hold them. So: forget about it if it's real life stuff.

It's sad, because I really wish I could volunteer at an animal shelter - but I just know I wouldn't even make it through my first day without having a nervous breakdown.
May 04, 2006
same here medusa, the littlest hobo, lassie, flipper, alll those kinds and i blub (i am a 33 year old man for gods sake)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I'd beat the shit out the owners too. So I just don't watch that sad show.
Anonymous User
May 04, 2006
Have you guys seen some of the posters on there recently? They are defending this CUNT!!! I tried posting a comment, I registered and everything and it won't fucking let me post. I hate this women.
At least in Marley and Me John Grogan didn't let his fucking wife get rid of the dog. Read that book.
I couldn't work in an animal shelter, because I would probably want to adopt all of the animals! My house and yard aren't big enough to fairly keep more than my two sweet kitties! I could easily become one of those cat ladies in my old age!

I can't believe they are defending that evil bitch!
May 04, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could easily become one of those cat ladies in my old age!

I'm already the neighborhood cat lady, and I'm only 35! (Hopefully not "Crazy Cat Lady", though!)
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 05, 2006
Me too!! I'll be the crazy old cat lady, I have 6 now. One of my brothers old girlfriends joked that in years to come, I'll be old and very thin because I can't afford to feed myself but all of my animals will be very plump!! LOL

As for the posters defending that pet-tossing cunt, they're probably a bunch of pet-tossers themselves. And the title of that article reallypissed me off "Sometimes it makes sense to ditch the family dog." Yea, well I can think of way more times that it makes sense to ditch the famblee kyds - LIKE WHEN YOU CANNOT AFFORD THEM AND EXPECT EVERYONE ELSE TO PICK UP THE SLACK!!!!!!!
Vanilla Waseland
May 05, 2006
CFBos- I'm glad that your mom was there to give the dog love. I'm soo sensitive to animals feelings.

As far as choke chains....I'm always telling people that there are leads called "gentle leader" and they work wonderfully. My very lively dog has gotten so use to is that all I have to do is pretend that I'm putting it on her and she is totally calm and walks without dragging me down the road, without it on her. A great invention by, I'm sure, a fellow pet lover.
Another thing that bugs me about pet owners, is that many take on more pets than they can afford, or than they have space for. I can't tell you the number of redneck, dirt poor kids I've taught that tell me stories about their new rotweiller, pitbull, or other dog too large and energetic for the trailer they are living in. These dogs always go without proper vet care and are often mistreated so they will turn into "mean" watchdogs. They are always that poor dog you see chained to a shadeless patch of dirt, barking their heads off forthe same attention they received when they were cute puppies. I'm never upset when I read a story of some redneck crotchslug who has been mauled by the family pet. Chances are, it was the family's fault for improper treatment of the animal. Boy, I feel mean todaysmiling smiley!
Anonymous User
May 05, 2006
What about the people who tell you that since you love your pets so much you should have a baby? Do they really think pets are just "practice"?
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 05, 2006
I agree Sherz, I'd have a ton more pets if I had the resources to do so. Hell, I'd have a whole shelter full! BUT I know that 6 cats and 2 dogs is our limit. No more pets for us. SO came with a little dog and I had my 7 guys. It's just the same for people who keep breeding yet can't afford the kids. Too bad the kids can't be tethered outside to a wooden box while the animals slept cozily inside!!! LOL

Stephanie, I have also heard this comment. Very uneducated thing for them to say. If I had kids, I'd be a screaming, bile-spewing maniac. With my pets, I have all the patience in the world.
I hate that comment, too. I was going to mention earlier, (just didn't get around to doing so) that miniature schnauzers make very good dogs for to be around kids. Now I don't want kids (childfree) but it would be stupid and pointless to literaly "shove" the dog aside and neglect it when schnauzers love being around kids. (they are a gentle dog)
I have six dogs, a cat, and two turtles. Most people think I'm out of my mind, but I take better care of my pets, than most people do their kids. Also, my four Jack Russells (a very hyper breed), are the sweetest, most well behaved dogs on the block. I had one moo neighbor more or less demand that I give her one of them "for the kids to play with". Shortly after, she adopted a little dog at the shelter, and tied him outside for the coyotes to kill, because she didn't want the trouble, anymore. I reported her, and she's not allowed to have pets of any kind at all. Of course, she tried to retaliate, and I recieved a visit from Animal Control. She had called, and said that I was starving them. Well, it was pretty easy to prove otherwise (I have a kennel licence, which allows me to have so many. I am not a hoarder), and she got fined for making a false report. She's also been investigated for child neglect, BTW. We moved, or else this entitlemoo would undoubtly still be making trouble for me. Damn I hated that bitch!
I'm glad to hear you moved.
May 05, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shortly after, she adopted a little dog at
> the shelter, and tied him outside for the coyotes
> to kill

Fucking evil bitch! I hope she rots in Hell forever.
May 05, 2006
I hope anyone who ditches/abuses an animal dies a slow, torturous death.
I used to work with a woman who was a pet ditcher. She actually told all of us during lunch that she once dropped a cat off alongside the road, an hour from her home because it was tearing her house up while she was at work. This woman is an evil bitch, and so many bad things have happened to her in her life because of her uncaring attitude.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.