Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Non-Mother's Day!!

Posted by GuiltFree 
GuiltFree
Happy Non-Mother's Day!!
May 14, 2006
To all you fabulous non-moo's, Happy Non-Mother's Day.

I'm proud of you all for rejecting the lifescript, questioning the norms, and doing what you know you gotta do in this breedific hellhole we call planet earth. No go drink some champangne or something!

CF Scorpio
Re: Happy Non-Mother's Day!!
May 14, 2006
Maybe we need our own holiday! I am so sick of Mother's Day.
GuiltFree
May 14, 2006
Me too. Since when is squirting out a sprog something to be recognized and praised for?

Speaking of MD, I've got to make the obligatory call to mine right now. I'll try to act enthused. Wish luck.
May 14, 2006
why not change it to our fur baby day, the day before, oh its not for mothers day its fur baby day, or summat, we buy stuff for our pets

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 14, 2006
I don't know why there is all this mooing over MD. Especially in America and other "progressive" nations where BC is readily available, at least for now.

Nobody asks to be born. Having a child is a choice. If you choose to have a child, you SHOULD be taking care of it.

It's trippy when parents blab on and on about how they lurve their kids. Well, BFD. You chose to have a child. From a sociological standpoint, I'm glad you love it and aren't throwing it in the dumpster, but cut the whining already.

Do we really need a national holiday for this?
GuiltFree
May 14, 2006
Bell_flower... my thoughts exactly! I just called my mom to do the obligatory. She was upset that I hadn't sent her a card in advance of today (esp. cuz her stepdaughter, who unlike me, lives near her, is taking her to dinner for the occasion). I'm just a bad daughter... I was so tempted to remind my mom that I'm didn't ask to be born, and honoring her on this day is just something I do because I "have to", or else she'll feel bad... but I bit my tongue.

I hate Mother's Day. The media and the commercial world out there forces each of us to say things, and extend gestures, to the women who bore us, even if we don't really feel grateful to them. They're forced to feel bad if the MD expectations aren't met... especially when they see their friends receiving gifts and cards and phone calls from their kids. The whole business makes me cringe every year. Oh well, at least it's over with (for another year, anyway).
May 14, 2006
well, I got something... "HAPPY CHILDFREE FREEDOM DAY!!!!!!!!"
Enjoy your childfree day. Spoil yourself!!!!! smiling smiley grinning smiley winking smiley yawning smiley :smoke :yeah :cool blushing angel with halo :chug :beer band playing music drinking coffee :bal :yr

lab mom
Fattie
May 15, 2006
Actually, "World Child-free" day is on the 1st Sunday at June according to http://www.worldchildfree.org/events/wcd.shtml
I told my other child-free co-worker yesterday (Surprise, surprise. They made the only CF employees work on Mother's Day (not that I minded; except when all the breeders came in and had their spawn run around my store) about there being a holiday for us. I told her that I was going to find out if we get presents (I hope so since I like presents smiling smiley ).
CF Scorpio
May 15, 2006
Fattie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, "World Child-free" day is on the 1st
> Sunday at June according to
> I told my other child-free co-worker yesterday
> (Surprise, surprise. They made the only CF
> employees work on Mother's Day (not that I minded;
> except when all the breeders came in and had their
> spawn run around my store) about there being a
> holiday for us. I told her that I was going to
> find out if we get presents (I hope so since I
> like presents ).

THank you for posting this! I'm going to try to host a No Kidding! event that day with my local chapter.

I suggest any NK members do the same in your communities. Let's get the ball rolling!

They made the only CF employees work on Mother's Day (not that I minded; except when all the breeders came in and had their spawn run around my store) about there being a holiday for us.
D'oh! I was actually going to reply to the quote I posed in my previous post...
I just wanted to call "bullshit" on their making only CF employees work on Moos day. I guess you all were made in petri dishes and wouldn't want to spend the time with those.
May 15, 2006
That is rotten how the CF are made to work Mother's Day. Same goes for any other holiday. As if our own time is not worth anything. I notice if a woman is not anchored by a child or a husband, she is expected to practically be chained to her desk or position and not EVER want to go home. Even though I have spent many holidays alone, I enjoy the solitude. Being a loner does not mean that my time is any less important than those with sprogs or those men. On the other hand, my mom who is a server LOVES working holidays because that means more money in her pocket. She was more than thrilled to work yesterday especially as she drove home with lots of $$$$ from her tips. smiling smiley
CF Uter
May 15, 2006
>>>>>She was upset that I hadn't sent her a card in advance of today (esp. cuz her stepdaughter, who unlike me, lives near her, is taking her to dinner for the occasion). I'm just a bad daughter... I was so tempted to remind my mom that I'm didn't ask to be born, and honoring her on this day is just something I do because I "have to", or else she'll feel bad... but I bit my tongue. <<<<<

This I hate and can relate to. This is why I do sooo little for my dad. If I call, it is "where's the card?", if I send the card, it is, "Where's the gift?", if I give a gift, it is"aren't we going out to dinner?", if I go out to dinner, it is, "can't we go somewhere extraordinarily far away for average food? (ok, he doesn't say that, but that is what it is). If a go to dinner, it is: "all my friends kids take their dads on vacations together" It is never enough. I appreciate the fact he may need attention and want family time, but he wants to live through me and me be his only source of entertainment and not seek any happiness beyond me or how I can entertain him. It is awful.

So, I do nothing so he can appreciate the stuff I did do for him. All he would do is complain, but now he realizes I did do plenty now that I stopped. People might think I mean, but there was no satisifying him anyway.
Anonymous User
May 15, 2006
A women who really loved her mother lobbied for the Mothers day hoiday. (I forgot where I read this.) Anyway a few years later she hated what it had turned into, and tried to have it recidicated(excuse lousy spelling.) I told my mom everyday is Mothers Day, and I don't believe in the bullshit guilt consumerism that goes along with it. She agreed! I have a great mother. CF Uter it is a shame that your dad is like that.
May 15, 2006
Thanks, Fattie. I had no idea.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.