Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1409 - Breeders are trying to destroy art!

Posted by Fattie 
This is why I hate fundie Christians! They give actual Chrisitans who practice the tolerance that they preach a bad name!
And you got to love the hypocrisy here. They have a problem with someone seeing a naked breast (unless it's a breeder-cow feeding her sprog) or someone saying "fuck" but yet they don't have a problem watching some guy's head literally explode.
Re: #1409 - Breeders are trying to destroy art!
May 18, 2006
Remember how John Ashcroft had Lady Libery covered up because he felt the nudity offended his religion? I think the only thing that "offended" As*croft is that he has secret desires when it comes to sexuality. I bet he wanted a young body in his bed. THAT is why he and other conservative Christians try to squelch anything that is sexual.
I just wonder why they feel the need to watch something like Taxi Driver, Apocolypse Now, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, American Pie, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, A Dirty Shame, or really any movie with content they'd object to with their kids around in the first place. Most films fall under the rating system, and reviews are available on line so if those x-tian fucks had any sense of curiousity they could find out the content of any questionable films before they rented them. They know it's going to upset them and their family, so why don't they just choose to NOT watch those movies? There are plenty of films out there without any sort of "objectionable" content, Video Aquarium, Video Fireplace, any number of Disney movies, the Left Behind series, The Passion of the Christ, Veggie Tales, 10 Commandments, How Cardboard is Made...whatever.
Breeders just want something to bitch about. They want to jump on their namby-pamby "let's dumb down America" bandwagon and try to make the rules for everyone else. They seem to forget that the whole world does not center around their kid or their beliefs - or x-tianity for that matter.
May 18, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They seem to forget that the whole
> world does not center around their kid or their
> beliefs - or x-tianity for that matter.

Very true! Over the "God Bless America" or the "One nation under God" flap over the pledge and these sayings in public life vs. separation of Church & State, some religious attention wh*res in my area and elsewhere would scream out "One nation under God" during public sayings of the Pledge of Allegiance. Didn't the Bible also state that religious displays should not be used as a show-off method? That is one reason why I really don't talk much about my spiritual beliefs because too many people only do it for PR reasons rather than true faith.

May 18, 2006
Exactly, India, you hit the nail right on the head. That is the same bullshit as those idiot loosers who have those x-tian fishies on their damn car. True christians don't feel like they have anything to prove.

lab mom
WaterLily Wrote:
> Exactly, India, you hit the nail right on the
> head. That is the same bullshit as those idiot
> loosers who have those x-tian fishies on their
> damn car. True christians don't feel like they
> have anything to prove.
>
> "If motherhood doesn't interest you, don't do it.
> It didn't interest me, so I didn't do it. Anyway,
> I would have made a terrible parent. The first
> time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill
> him."
> --Katherine Hepburn

Ah "True Christians DON'T feel like they have anything to prove."
That is the truth!! One of my friends Tom and his wife Jan are kind and tolerant people. One time on radio Tom overheard the prolifers ranting and raving and he said he didn't like their stance on the issues. Excellent essay and did anyone notice the god hates fags signs that the "good Christians" where holding up? FUCKING hate mongers!!!!
May 18, 2006
Those oh-so-good Xtians don't practice a damn thing they preach. Bastard hypocrits, the whole lot of them.
May 18, 2006
God doesn't hate gays. They can repent their sins and die and go to heaven. In the bible, it says to not judge, ect. Many of the x-tian freaks, who are being judgemental, will probaly wined up in hell.

lab mom
leaning toward childfree
May 20, 2006
Sadly, I don't think this is strictly a Christian thing, even though they are the majority in the leaders of this farce. The fundies, that is.
Those people in Kansas, I forgot their names because they aren't worthy to have names, are responsible for the signs at soldier's funerals. They are going to burn in hell, and it's going to be so ironic.

And AMEN (hee hee) to those who know that faith and charity should not be shoved in people's faces!

More irony--this one friend of mine, back in middle school, her mother was this complete religious freak. She censored everything that came into her house. Her daughter could only watch G rated films and this was in college, for crying out loud. Her daughter grew up to steal forty bucks from my mom, two cds from me, ten dvds from a mutual friend and had a child out of wedlock. Yeah, making everything G rated sure does make children grow up right! I'm willing to bet how my ex-friend turned out was the rule for all kids who are kept in a highly sanitized bubble life. Not the exception.

Anyone have a similar story of over protected kids who turned into human waste?
May 20, 2006
Fred Phillip, or whatever his name is, is damn jackass of an asshole.

Yes, leaning toward childfree, back in high school, I knew one girl whose parents were overly strict. I bet she has already rebelled.

lab mom
Dear Leaning: I can give you an example of the opposite childhood with myself and my friend Danelle. Our mothers were best friends and so was Danelle and I. We went to Buddhist (Nicheren Shoshu of America, now SGI) meetings almost every night, smoked pot when teenagers, (parents knew) hung out with gays etc. And all of us (she has two sisters) turned out fine. We were laughing cause we were like what the hell where they thinking! Like the time Danelle went to an overnight concert with two guys from school. Sooo maybe a weird childhood is answer? Read August Burroughs Running with Sissiors! Very funny and sad
leaning toward childfree Wrote:
>
> Anyone have a similar story of over protected kids
> who turned into human waste?

Here's a good one. Eight years ago, there was a fundie woman that I had the misfortune of meeting because I had her child in my class. She was forced to integrate her children into public schools after homeschooling them, because they were unable to pass the state's standardized test. She constantly rode my ass about what I was teaching, and questioned everything. She about had a cow because I told the class that dinosaurs and "cavepeople" didn't live on Earth during the same time period. (This was after reading a fantasy story in the reading book about a dino that saves a cave family from an erupting volcano.) She went nuts because I was teaching evolution by saying this. Her kids had a laundry list of items that they had to leave the class to go to the office to sit, if taught, because they weren't allowed to hear items that were against their religion.
Anyway, 3 weeks ago was our high school's prom. This woman's daughter, that I taught, her son, and their dates, were arrested after the prom for a DUI, but not just any DUI. Not only were they drunk and high, they had a big old stash of pot, and open containers in the vehicle. THe funny thing is, one of the things her daughter wasn't allowed to stay in the classroom for, was when I was teaching about drugs and alchohol. THe mom felt her kids should be educated about those things at home! She obviously did a great job!

Leaning toward childfree
May 22, 2006
Sherz, they must have been raised by the same bitch who raised my ex-friend! Fundies are fucked-up!
Fundamentalists of the three classic Western religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all hold a similar condemnation of homosexuality. It is by no means an exclusively fundamentalist Christian viewpoint. Read the Quran or the Old Testament and you will find similar verbiage to those awful Pauline dictates of the new testament.

As for myself, I attend a very liberal Christian church here in our little town. We welcome anyone of any color, sexual orientation, nationality and what not. You might have seen the church's advertisements on television to that effect. I may take some criticism for my beliefs, but I am proudly Christian and proudly liberal and proudly loud about all of it.

I abhor fundamentalists of any religion, as they are too often weak of mind and will and open to manipulation by those with a hideous agenda.
leaning toward childfree
May 24, 2006
Professor Dorine--

I was fortunate enough to go to a Catholic school where many of the teachers truly followed the way of Christ--tolerance, love, peace, and compassion. While the school was adamantly pro-life, they were also adamantly against the death penalty. But was most important to them was that we girls (it was an all-girls' school) cared about the less fortunate. We all had to do mandatory volunteer work, gathering food for the homeless, and working in the soup kitchens, and spending time with the elderly.
They were wonderful people, and wonderful Christians. Even when I came out as being pro-choice, they disagreed with me, but many at least listened to what I had to say.

I admire Christians who truly follow Christ's teachings, and use their own brains. It's just when people use their "faith" to spread hatred, bigotry, and take away other people's rights that I get mad.
May 24, 2006
Sherz, WOWIE, you endured a lot of shit as a teacher. I commend you for getting out it sane and without killing anyone!!!!!

Homeschooling is such a crock of shit. The only reason pahrunts want to homeschool is so they can control every aspect of their kids lives - including what they learn. What are these pahrunts going to do when their little precious's are out in the real world working? I look around at the company I work for and try to imagine some entitlement-minded brat coming here and acting the way they do and trying to run the show. They'd be tossed out on their ears.
One good thing about homeschooled kids, when it comes to employment(and the real world), is that many of them are socially retarded, and can't properly interact in a work setting. THey won't make it through the interview!
May 24, 2006
ah but they wont be tossed out, as these kids will have been taught the "LAW" in regards to unfair dismissals etc..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.