Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm beginning to hate watching the news

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I'm beginning to hate watching the news
October 22, 2010
We had three local crimes involving women here in the last couple of days , a kidnapping, a home invasion, and a rock thrown thru' a windshield from an overpass.Not to minimize these crimes in any way but they were introduced in each way by mom survives... or young mother escapes tragedy... What the hell does being a moomie have to do with any of these incidents???Reminds me of a man who was robbed and shot at a local car wash about a year ago . Every time this story was reported on it was always "youth minister so and so. " Gee, is youth minister his freakin first name?. As if being a ' youth minister" made the crime more tragic. Man. i hate this pandering bullshit.
Bitch, etc.
Re: I'm beginning to hate watching the news
October 22, 2010
To be fair, what else are they going to do? Just say, "Jane Jones had a rock dropped on her"? I don't have a problem when they describe the victims of such horrid crap people pull, and that a person had loved ones, including children, gives us a picture of who got fuct. What is annoying is when they say something like "A child in a Minivan had to watch as a rock crushed his mother's face today when. . .. "
Anonymous User
October 22, 2010
Bitch, etc.
To be fair, what else are they going to do? Just say, "Jane Jones had a rock dropped on her"? I don't have a problem when they describe the victims of such horrid crap people pull, and that a person had loved ones, including children, gives us a picture of who got fuct. What is annoying is when they say something like "A child in a Minivan had to watch as a rock crushed his mother's face today when. . .. "

Just say " a woman" . When something happens to a male , he is referred to as' a man" , not a "dad"
October 22, 2010
It's ALWAYS "Mom of Three Killed in Tragic Crash!", "Father of 2 Found Dead at His Roofing Business", "Mother of 4 Small Children Robbed at Knifepoint". If they have no minor children then it's, "Grandmother of 7 Dies Suddenly in Her Home", or "Grandfather of 8 Killed in Bank Robbery". Our society is SO breederific that they place increments of value on peoples' lives depending on whether they had children, often by how many, whether they were BIO kyds, and nearly ALWAYS by how young the kids were at the time of their demise.eye rolling smiley

They also do the reverse thing to when something tragic happens to an UNchilded (not necessarily childfree) person. If a husband dies then it's, "Thank God that they didn't have any children yet!". If a wife dies then it might be, "At least they didn't have any children for him to have to raise on his own".eye rolling smiley If the person is unmarried they will do the same thing, but they will add, ".....or had a husband-wife..." as if their not having kids or a spouse somehow negates their very existence and/or death.angry smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 22, 2010
i have a problem if there were other casualties-for example "Mother of three dies in plane crash.....five people including a mother of three died today when a plane overshot the runway at Phukyiu Airport on Saturday..."

there were at least four other people, but they choose the most sympathy gathering victim to make it somehow seem more tragic.
October 22, 2010
zatoth
i have a problem if there were other casualties-for example "Mother of three dies in plane crash.....five people including a mother of three died today when a plane overshot the runway at Phukyiu Airport on Saturday..."

there were at least four other people, but they choose the most sympathy gathering victim to make it somehow seem more tragic.

That, OR:"Eighteen month old, Snotford Breederson, Jr from Omaha was among the 79 passengers who lost their lives today on United Airline's Flight 67", according to the airline spokesperson. "He was the light of our lives and lived MORE in his short 18 months as most people do in a lifetime", says his father, 39 y/o Snotford Breederson Sr of Tampa. They will often give a mini-eulogy when a child has died among HUNDREDS of others in a tragedy like a plane crash, but not even mention the others by name, if at all other than a lump sum figure.confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
Anonymous User
October 22, 2010
Snotford Breederson Jr.waving hellolarious
Right , just say woman or citizen.

My hubby knew this slut @ work who finally got preggers & had a brat. She got killed & the paper said "Mom bludgeoned to death in garage"

You get knocked up by one of hundreds of one nighters & you get labeled as saintly Moo instead of more accurate skanky Tramp.
Let's face it , she probably got killed by yet another jilted lover.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2010
About 10 years ago some nutcase opened fire in a restaurant, killing an elderly man and a pregnant woman. Guess who got ALL the media attention. They charged the nutcase with murdering the fetus but later dropped that charge. I was glad. He should be punished to the maximum extent of the law for killing 2 innocent people, but not 3. A fetus is not a person, and he did not target her because she was pregnant. She probably did not even look pregnant because she was 14 weeks along. Of course the fucking media had to mention the goldensprog was a boy and tell us what the parents named him. No details at all were provided about the elderly man's life. It was sickening.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2010
Yeah, it was like the guy who killed his pregnant wife{ heck , i can't even remember their names ; that's how much of an impression it made on me!!].the media always made such a big deal out of saying that he was charged with TWO counts of murder.Scott somebody or other.
October 23, 2010
It was news being reported like this that made me 'come out' as CF and start seeking like-mindeds online. I couldn't believe I was the only person in the world who felt that certain editorial practices like this were vile.

In the UK, there are still a couple of downmarket newspapers who describe women (criminals, perpetrators, lottery winners, whatever) by their hair colour. Yes. Hair colour.

"Felicity, 41, entered a plea of not guilty today in the high court. The blonde is accused of committing grievous bodily harm..."

"Brunette Alison, 23, was online when a bolt of lightning struck her roof and..."

Notice how the hair colour description is used as a substitute for 'she' or 'her' or 'the woman'? And that woman has to be within the range of sexual attraction? You don't see four year old girls described as "The brunette hopped down from the rocking horse and ran across the room..." And you certainly don't see women presumed to be beyond the range of men's sexual interest being described similarly. "White-haired Mary, 79..." LEAST OF ALL are men subjected to this kind of degrading harrassment: "The ginger said he felt his appointment as the new CEO would start a new chapter of the history of the company..."

The whole issue of stressing the children in, under, or around any story is equally vile. For a start, I value ALL of human life. Not just childrens'. When I hear about a plane crash, my heart pinches and I immediately think of the poor people onboard as a whole. I dont just imagine what small children might have been hurtled with great force around the cabin like missiles before the inevitable crash, for fuck's sake, that's sick. And children, parents and grandparents aren't somehow more entitled to sympathy anyway. To me, it's like saying the 10 dead passengers who earned the highest salaries ought to be elevated above the other passengers because they're obviously 'more important' and 'greater contributors to society' than the victims who were on slimmer incomes. Or how about the 10 passengers who were black -- would they be picked out as more special than the rest because dying in a plane crash is the last thing a black person needs after all that civil rights movement stuff, a lifetime of prejudice, maybe living next door to bigots, and the whole history of slavery? No? Then WHY pick out the parents and kiddies??

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 23, 2010
Amethyst
It was news being reported like this that made me 'come out' as CF and start seeking like-mindeds online. I couldn't believe I was the only person in the world who felt that certain editorial practices like this were vile.

In the UK, there are still a couple of downmarket newspapers who describe women (criminals, perpetrators, lottery winners, whatever) by their hair colour. Yes. Hair colour.

"Felicity, 41, entered a plea of not guilty today in the high court. The blonde is accused of committing grievous bodily harm..."

"Brunette Alison, 23, was online when a bolt of lightning struck her roof and..."

Notice how the hair colour description is used as a substitute for 'she' or 'her' or 'the woman'? And that woman has to be within the range of sexual attraction? You don't see four year old girls described as "The brunette hopped down from the rocking horse and ran across the room..." And you certainly don't see women presumed to be beyond the range of men's sexual interest being described similarly. "White-haired Mary, 79..." LEAST OF ALL are men subjected to this kind of degrading harrassment: "The ginger said he felt his appointment as the new CEO would start a new chapter of the history of the company..."

The whole issue of stressing the children in, under, or around any story is equally vile. For a start, I value ALL of human life. Not just childrens'. When I hear about a plane crash, my heart pinches and I immediately think of the poor people onboard as a whole. I dont just imagine what small children might have been hurtled with great force around the cabin like missiles before the inevitable crash, for fuck's sake, that's sick. And children, parents and grandparents aren't somehow more entitled to sympathy anyway. To me, it's like saying the 10 dead passengers who earned the highest salaries ought to be elevated above the other passengers because they're obviously 'more important' and 'greater contributors to society' than the victims who were on slimmer incomes. Or how about the 10 passengers who were black -- would they be picked out as more special than the rest because dying in a plane crash is the last thing a black person needs after all that civil rights movement stuff, a lifetime of prejudice, maybe living next door to bigots, and the whole history of slavery? No? Then WHY pick out the parents and kiddies??[/[/b]b]

Although I of course don't like it, I believe that I know the reason why the media latches onto the kyd angle. It's because breeders are OVERWHELMINGLY the majority and news stories and other media go after their biggest target audience in order to gain more viewers and sell more air space and papers.It's a reality that breeders think that a childed person's life is more valuable, which isn't surprising since that would include them and their lives. Breeders (and most all PNB's too) have a LOT of empathy for other parents when they lose a child, so naturally their ears will perk up at the very mention of anything death related that even remotely involves a child. I can't count how many times that I have heard or read the typical, "..It's a parent's WORST nightmare!!!!!"

For a multitudes of reasons, childed people have hoisted themselves up on a pedastal above and beyond the rest and they truly believe that their lives are more important and valuable than anyone else's life because they are parents. It's really an odd mindset if anyone thinks about it logically and for the life of me I can NOT understand it or comprehend the reasons that they feel this way, unless it's because by being childed it makes them feel important. I dunno, it's a mystery to me.confused smiley I can actually comprehend why a kyd's death is newsworthy because it's kinda sad that a small child never had a chance to live, but their moo getting killed? Why is THAT more sad? It's common knowledge that a very young kyd can easily latch onto another adult and get along just fine.

Therefore, I believe that it's a manufactured mindset for one simple and selfish as hell reason reason:The "group" in question, who is deserving of more sympathy, press, and attention, includes them.

October 23, 2010
eaglepoke56
Yeah, it was like the guy who killed his pregnant wife{ heck , i can't even remember their names ; that's how much of an impression it made on me!!].the media always made such a big deal out of saying that he was charged with TWO counts of murder.Scott somebody or other.

scott peterson and i recall him because he had to be the dumbest mutherfucking murderer on the face of the planet. he kept blaming a satanic cult for the murder. there was actually a reason he was charged for two-the fetus was found outside of the mother's body. once the fetus leaves the body, it can be a murder, also, there was the fact that he murdered lacey BECAUSE she was pregnant. he was one of these expectant duhs who suddenly realized he might not be the center of attention after the child was born.
October 23, 2010
I'm not defending Scott Peterson, I think he's a repellant choad who deserves the gas chamber, but I'm sick and tired of the canonization of Lacey. I read her mother's book and Lacey was a typical baby rabid oopser who demanded that Scott give up his restaurant in San Francisco and move to a cow town in the sticks where the only job he could get was fertilizer salesman. She insisted they buy a house down the street from Mommy, then quit her job, sticking the poor bastard with all the bills. He'd been telling people for years he didn't want kids but what Lacey wanted, Lacey got.

In all the pictures in the book, Lacey is grinning ear to ear while Scott looks angry/stressed/exhaused/miserable.

Sure, he should have gotten snipped and filed for divorce, but lets not ignore Lacey's role in all this.
October 23, 2010

To be fair, what else are they going to do? Just say, "Jane Jones had a rock dropped on her"?

Yes. You wouldn't hear a babble head say, "A non-mother was killed in a car crash," so why say a Mooother or a Dud was killed? Just report the facts. I wouldn't object to another sentence stating, he or she was survived by blah blah blah. Why describe people by their reproductive organs?

When I still had a uterus, I used to jokingly tell my husband to tell people I might be pregnant if I ever turned up missing. Would the police even look for a woman without children? Probably not.
equus amor
October 23, 2010
kidlesskim
Amethyst

The whole issue of stressing the children in, under, or around any story is equally vile. For a start, I value ALL of human life. Not just childrens'. When I hear about a plane crash, my heart pinches and I immediately think of the poor people onboard as a whole. I dont just imagine what small children might have been hurtled with great force around the cabin like missiles before the inevitable crash, for fuck's sake, that's sick. And children, parents and grandparents aren't somehow more entitled to sympathy anyway. To me, it's like saying the 10 dead passengers who earned the highest salaries ought to be elevated above the other passengers because they're obviously 'more important' and 'greater contributors to society' than the victims who were on slimmer incomes. Or how about the 10 passengers who were black -- would they be picked out as more special than the rest because dying in a plane crash is the last thing a black person needs after all that civil rights movement stuff, a lifetime of prejudice, maybe living next door to bigots, and the whole history of slavery? No? Then WHY pick out the parents and kiddies??[/[/b]b]

Although I of course don't like it, I believe that I know the reason why the media latches onto the kyd angle. It's because breeders are OVERWHELMINGLY the majority and news stories and other media go after their biggest target audience in order to gain more viewers and sell more air space and papers.It's a reality that breeders think that a childed person's life is more valuable, which isn't surprising since that would include them and their lives. Breeders (and most all PNB's too) have a LOT of empathy for other parents when they lose a child, so naturally their ears will perk up at the very mention of anything death related that even remotely involves a child. I can't count how many times that I have heard or read the typical, "..It's a parent's WORST nightmare!!!!!"

For a multitudes of reasons, childed people have hoisted themselves up on a pedastal above and beyond the rest and they truly believe that their lives are more important and valuable than anyone else's life because they are parents. It's really an odd mindset if anyone thinks about it logically and for the life of me I can NOT understand it or comprehend the reasons that they feel this way, unless it's because by being childed it makes them feel important. I dunno, it's a mystery to me.confused smiley I can actually comprehend why a kyd's death is newsworthy because it's kinda sad that a small child never had a chance to live, but their moo getting killed? Why is THAT more sad? It's common knowledge that a very young kyd can easily latch onto another adult and get along just fine.

Therefore, I believe that it's a manufactured mindset for one simple and selfish as hell reason reason:The "group" in question, who is deserving of more sympathy, press, and attention, includes them.

thumbs upup Yep it is sad when a child dies, but is this really a parents WORST nightmare......I would imagine not knowing would be worse...just me but if my partner died it would devastate me (can't even imagine it,shudder) but if he went missing and I never knew what happened that would be worse...I hate that when parents say we could never understand what is like to lose a child....and the media lap up anything tragic..the worse the better for ratings.
October 23, 2010
zatoth
eaglepoke56

scott peterson and i recall him because he had to be the dumbest mutherfucking murderer on the face of the planet. he kept blaming a satanic cult for the murder. there was actually a reason he was charged for two-the fetus was found outside of the mother's body. once the fetus leaves the body, it can be a murder, also, there was the fact that he murdered lacey BECAUSE she was pregnant. he was one of these expectant duhs who suddenly realized he might not be the center of attention after the child was born.

Technically, what Scott Peterson did fits the legal definition of a "hate crime". Although there have been plenty of husbands killing pregnant wives in the past, it's pretty obvious why THIS story shone above the rest. White, attractive, well liked, young, pregnant with first kid(I do believe that catapults it), good looking husband, middle class suburbanite, Christmas, it has all of the "tags" that the general public just eats up. Peterson is a STUPID motherfucker though and could probably have gotten away with it if he could have kept his dick in his pants until after the body(s) were found. How could he NOT know that his affair would be found out, doesn't he watch CSI and Law and Order?

Lacy sounds like a classic "oops" woman, but Scott HAD to have known that she was baybee rabid because women do NOT usully hide that and everyone who knew her said that she had ALWAYS wanted a kyd. I think that the police and the general public give him WAY too much credit for having planned all of this, which is actions afterwards clearly demonstrate like his continuing on with Amber Frye and selling off Lacy's belongings. I believe that they got into an argument over the damned baybee and their financial problems, he took a swing at her, she slipped and was accidentally killed or knocked unconscious and he finished her off in a crime of passion. The rest was just a big coverup. If he would have simply called 9-11 and acted the least bit distraught about it then he may not have even been charged.

Scott Peterson is a maniacal idiot and deserves to be exactly where he is for the rest of his natural life. At least he won't be siring any clones.

October 23, 2010
My sociology teacher once made it clear that the 'saddest' loss, economically speaking, is that of an 18-22 year old. That's the age at which people have absorbed the maximum resources that society has plowed into them but haven't yet turned around and started making themselves useful to society (paying it back). I'd buy that.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 24, 2010
"A mother of three was killed in a tragic accident. also killed were a police officer and a 48 year old unmarried man."
October 24, 2010
You could be Superman but you will always be trumped by the mother. Always. This is my reasoning for a separate planet for us. Or even a moon. I heard they found a load of water on the moon recently. Perhaps there's hope.
October 24, 2010
There is one time a CF person would trump a kid in the news. If there are 20+ deaths and the CF person is the sole survivor. Though, even in this case they would mention the kids and parents first before focusing on the big news that someone survived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 25, 2010
Even the journalistic standards of The Onion are more tolerable than the pandering breeder shit in the regular news. The Onion uses "Area Man" or "Area Woman." waving hellolarious
October 25, 2010
kidlesskim
echnically, what Scott Peterson did fits the legal definition of a "hate crime". Although there have been plenty of husbands killing pregnant wives in the past, it's pretty obvious why THIS story shone above the rest. White, attractive, well liked, young, pregnant with first kid(I do believe that catapults it), good looking husband, middle class suburbanite, Christmas, it has all of the "tags" that the general public just eats up. Peterson is a STUPID motherfucker though and could probably have gotten away with it if he could have kept his dick in his pants until after the body(s) were found. How could he NOT know that his affair would be found out, doesn't he watch CSI and Law and Order?

Lacy sounds like a classic "oops" woman, but Scott HAD to have known that she was baybee rabid because women do NOT usully hide that and everyone who knew her said that she had ALWAYS wanted a kyd. I think that the police and the general public give him WAY too much credit for having planned all of this, which is actions afterwards clearly demonstrate like his continuing on with Amber Frye and selling off Lacy's belongings. I believe that they got into an argument over the damned baybee and their financial problems, he took a swing at her, she slipped and was accidentally killed or knocked unconscious and he finished her off in a crime of passion. The rest was just a big coverup. If he would have simply called 9-11 and acted the least bit distraught about it then he may not have even been charged.

Scott Peterson is a maniacal idiot and deserves to be exactly where he is for the rest of his natural life. At least he won't be siring any clones.

Intriguing that he picked a single mother as the new love of his life though.

I also believe he never wanted kids...and remember reading how the odds of Laci getting pregnant were slim and thinking that is why he married her. However, she did. And now Scott has a problem.

This was a story that sold...cute couple, baby on the way, holiday season, everone happy...and he sold himself as the distraught husband and father to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login