Advanced

Raging candy cigarette debate

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Raging candy cigarette debate
December 10, 2010
As parents, we will blame everything else but shitty parenting for kids smoking

Some real charmers in that thread.

I really miss candy cigarettes, and the only place I've been able to get my favorite kind - with the red tip, even - is at Stuckey's, twenty miles away from here because apparently the moos have lowed so much that they've been removed everywhere else. I don't believe that a piece of candy is going to make any Sproglina or Bratford start smoking later in life, but that's just my opinion...

What do y'all think of this debate?
Re: Raging candy cigarette debate
December 10, 2010
I thought those things had vanished ages ago in the US. You can still buy them here, and we have a fairly low smoking rate.

I thought they tasted pretty bad, so I didn't like them...but I hardly think that they are a gateway drug to smoking. I am sure that 'lifestyle' advertising has much more to do with it.
December 10, 2010
I loved those chalky things, and never smoked habitually (maybe when studying and had to stay awake, but no more than that.)

Anyone remember the cigarette gum that "smoked" when you blew on it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 10, 2010
I miss them and liked them on occasion, and I don't smoke. I think, (again) that breeders are so full of shit, and lazy as hell and having to bubble wrap the world for their chiyldruuunnnnn. eye rolling smiley

lab mom
December 10, 2010
navi8orgirl
I loved those chalky things, and never smoked habitually (maybe when studying and had to stay awake, but no more than that.)

Anyone remember the cigarette gum that "smoked" when you blew on it?
I remember the gum - it had a fake filter on the wrapper and everything! I think the end was coated with powdered sugar. I loved candy cigarettes, and can still find them occasionally at the little stores with old-time penny candy.
December 10, 2010
Oh, those were fun! They tasted like crap, but I didn't want them for their taste. My parents never kicked up a fuss over them. My father used to chain-smoke. Any yet, I don't. Imagine that Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

I would have loved to have one of those bubble pipes! Unfortunately, I've never encountered them in the stores. I'd love to have one now too. It doesn't mean I'm going to light up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Anonymous User
December 10, 2010
I thought those were gone years ago, too. I remember them, even mimicked my parents by pretending to smoke them. I also was a long time, hard core (2 pack/day) smoker (Marlboro Reds) for years until one day I decided I was just done.

Can't say I blame the candy cigarettes for my habit, though, any more than marijuana is a gateway drug for addiction.

Remember the huge lips that were made of wax? Maybe we can blame the current obsession w/botox on them.
Anonymous User
December 10, 2010
They still sell them at a couple stores in NH...I go there fairly often, and actually got some of them. If I could buy a case, I would...it's the best chalky, sugary goodness on Earth.
December 10, 2010
We had Popeye's when I was a kid (the "chalky" white sticks with a red tip) and also chocolate cigarettes that came in a pack that looked like the real thing (and were wrapped in paper like the real thing too). I loved both! The chocolate ones were delicious. And yet I never became a smoker.

I also drank Shirley Temples and yet never became an alcoholic. So there! tongue sticking out smiley
December 10, 2010
cew
I thought those were gone years ago, too. I remember them, even mimicked my parents by pretending to smoke them. I also was a long time, hard core (2 pack/day) smoker (Marlboro Reds) for years until one day I decided I was just done.

Can't say I blame the candy cigarettes for my habit, though, any more than marijuana is a gateway drug for addiction.

Remember the huge lips that were made of wax? Maybe we can blame the current obsession w/botox on them.

waving hellolarious I DO!

I remember going to the drive-in with my parents to watch HORRIFYING movies when I was as young as age 4, only I am sure that they thought that I was asleep in the back seat, playing with-reading books or toys, or otherwise not paying attention, but I was gazing over the back seat and saw EVERYTHING. Yet, I didn't turn into a killer. I remember finding an uncle's stash of girlie magazines while in 3rd-4th grade and I looked through and read each and every steamy article in at least 2 year's worth, yet I didn't become a stripper or prostitute, not that those can't be noble professions. I used to play cards every single day with this old lady who lived down the street who was SO FAT that she was housebound (chair bound would be more accurate)yet I didn't become obese. eye rolling smiley

SMART children don't jump off of bridges just because someone else does it and SMART children don't smoke cigarettes because they ate candy that was shaped and looked like one. I LUUUUV Snickers Bars and they look like turds too, but I have never eaten a pile of shit because of it. FROZEN Snickers Bars resemble cat shit in the snow, but I have YET to go cat cookie scooping and turn a turdsickle into a frosty treat either.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 10, 2010
I ate Nutter Butters when I was a kid and I never did this:

NutterButter

The act of using peanut butter as a lube in anal sex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
December 11, 2010
When my husband and I had a retail store, we sold candy cigarettes, but they were labeled as "candy sticks." Everyone knew what they were. Some of them were the chalky kind, but we had others that had the fake waxy "filter" thing on them. I can't remember for sure where we ordered them from. Possibly from accoutrements.com. They have some really cool shit!
Anonymous User
December 11, 2010
Kids (usually teenagers) start smoking in order to look cool, not because of some stupid candy. I don't think for one minute bad (or good) parenting makes any difference.
December 11, 2010
kidlesskim
cew

waving hellolarious I DO!

I remember going to the drive-in with my parents to watch HORRIFYING movies when I was as young as age 4, only I am sure that they thought that I was asleep in the back seat, playing with-reading books or toys, or otherwise not paying attention, but I was gazing over the back seat and saw EVERYTHING. Yet, I didn't turn into a killer. I remember finding an uncle's stash of girlie magazines while in 3rd-4th grade and I looked through and read each and every steamy article in at least 2 year's worth, yet I didn't become a stripper or prostitute, not that those can't be noble professions. I used to play cards every single day with this old lady who lived down the street who was SO FAT that she was housebound (chair bound would be more accurate)yet I didn't become obese. eye rolling smiley

SMART children don't jump off of bridges just because someone else does it and SMART children don't smoke cigarettes because they ate candy that was shaped and looked like one. I LUUUUV Snickers Bars and they look like turds too, but I have never eaten a pile of shit because of it. FROZEN Snickers Bars resemble cat shit in the snow, but I have YET to go cat cookie scooping and turn a turdsickle into a frosty treat either.bouncing and laughing

I remember candy cigarettes as a kid too and again, I never smoked. Of course, my parents didn't smoke either, which probably helped. I also knew kids who'd swipe those magazines from adult relatives and show them to all of us, again, it never hurt us any.

When I was around 13 years old, we got cable TV, 12 channels + HBO, and my parents actually let me have it in my room. I got to see plenty of R rated movies with sex scenes, and I'm not a sex offender. I saw some slasher films too, but that didn't turn me into a serial killer.

I think a majority of kids will not be affected by that stuff if they don't already have something wrong to begin with. Most of the time, the parents need to just look in the mirror to see what's wrong.

JD
December 11, 2010
I think I had candy cigarettes as a kid maybe once or twice. Yea, they were yucky tasting, but fun. I sure as hell wouldn't blame them for the fact that I'm a smoker now. Heh... "I smoke because I'm hoping for an early death". Yea. That's it.
December 11, 2010
Revolutionaire

I really miss candy cigarettes, and the only place I've been able to get my favorite kind - with the red tip, even - is at Stuckey's, twenty miles away from here because apparently the moos have lowed so much that they've been removed everywhere else. I don't believe that a piece of candy is going to make any Sproglina or Bratford start smoking later in life, but that's just my opinion...

i loved candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars-and i don't smoke. but we live in a society of the entitled-if they are smoking, it must be because of something besides their own corrupted, amoral, weak willed selves.
December 11, 2010
zatoth
Revolutionaire

i loved candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars-and i don't smoke. but we live in a society of the entitled-if they are smoking, it must be because of something besides their own corrupted, amoral, weak willed selves.

That reminds me of another thing that breeders say that annoys me to no end. Whenever their little teen sack of shit gets caught or arrested for drugs, drunk driving, petty theft, skipping school, sexual assault, spraying his classroom with bullets, or burying 19 bodies in the cellar, they nearly ALWAYS say in whole or part, "He started hanging out with the wrong people". or, "He got in with a bad crowd". If HE wasn't the fucking WORST of the "crowd" or the pick of the litter in the "wrong people" set, then I'd hate to be in a dark alley and run into the one who was then. He was always, "such a good boy". If anyone who I love is EVER a victim of a vicious crime and a moo-cunt says that, "He was such a good boy" shit in my presense, I honestly can't be certain that I wouldn't just knock the frailing shit out of her.:sam

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 12, 2010
kidlesskim
That reminds me of another thing that breeders say that annoys me to no end. Whenever their little teen sack of shit gets caught or arrested for drugs, drunk driving, petty theft, skipping school, sexual assault, spraying his classroom with bullets, or burying 19 bodies in the cellar, they nearly ALWAYS say in whole or part, "He started hanging out with the wrong people". or, "He got in with a bad crowd". If HE wasn't the fucking WORST of the "crowd" or the pick of the litter in the "wrong people" set, then I'd hate to be in a dark alley and run into the one who was then. He was always, "such a good boy". If anyone who I love is EVER a victim of a vicious crime and a moo-cunt says that, "He was such a good boy" shit in my presense, I honestly can't be certain that I wouldn't just knock the frailing shit out of her.:sam

About 15 years ago, I dated a divorced breeder.
Yes- I know better NOW!!)

Due to guilt about the divorce, he worked hard to be friends with his kids and to only have positive interactions with them.
( Can you see where this is going?)

Over a period of months his teenaged boy:
- broke into my home about 10 times
- had about 15 boxes full of drug and weapons-related items
- had a growing list of outsiders trying to correct him ( ie police, school, etc)

Of course- EVERYTHING was because other people were out to get him, misunderstood him, etc etc.
The day that I kicked the whole lot of them to the curb was the day that the daddee stood in my own living room and said ( paraphrased):
" I am not sure who to believe- you or my son"

My response was that I had never been called a liar in my own home against the word of a 15 times over criminal and that they could all get out and never come back.

I will never date a daddee or wanna-be ever again.
Anonymous User
December 12, 2010
I remember those! I also remember as a kid having a paper cigarette that had some sort of powder inside of it and red foil at the end and you could blow through it and the powder would blow out looking like smoke.

From an early age I was always fascinated with smoking...all my cousins did it but my immediate family (esp. my mom) was totally against it...so I started smoking at 13 with it becoming a full addiction at 16.

Last Tuesday I had my last real cigarette. I feel so much better. I did with using an electronic cigarrette..which has come under scrutinity...not for the potential harm it does to those of us using it, but b/c of THE CHILDRUNSSSS might want to try it and start smoking. Like kids have not wanted to start smoking since the beginning of time. I hope these things don't get banned b/c of the stupid CHILDRUNNSSS. They are amazing but even I know that these are just a means to an end.
December 12, 2010
kidlesskim
zatoth
Revolutionaire

what's worse is when these demon spawn do this shit-such as shoot up a school or make crystal meth from over the counter meds-and the rest of society gets penalized for it. if you want to go buy .22s, you have to show your gun id, which is a crock of shit in the first place because the fucking autards who do this shit don't go get id cards to buy their fucking weapons, so it's not stopping THEM. it's stopping law abiding people from having defense against THEM. anyway, after having to look at every in possession and the clerk logging it, you have to take the ammo to the counter in a big plastic locked box, apparently so it can't be hidden in a jacket and the person wanting the ammo sneaking out with it. when it is rung up, the cashier has to open it with a key at the counter. i go to get canned fucking air to clean my electronics-i have to show id. if i need cold medicine, i have to go get a card from the display to take to the motherfucking pharmacist so he can get the meds off a shelf. and why? because society has deemed it easier to make everything goddamn inconvenient for everybody to do something (not that it actually stops the criminals from doing it-they just go steal canned air and meds off relatives, work places, friends and whoever's house they are breaking into).

here's another idiocy-you buy a pistol for home defense, but you have to keep the ammo away from the gun, keep the gun locked up and in some cases, with some kind of lock on the gun JUST IN CASE a child or thief decides to get ahold of the thing. like a home invader is going to wait for you to unlock the box, take the lock off the gun and then load it when you are face to face with him. for hundreds of years, people kept weapons in their houses and taught their kids to not put their grubby hands on them unless an adult was around and said it was okay. now, it's just easier to create a fucking high self esteemed violent hood and leave the population unable to defend against him simply because ACTUALLY doing something about him will be too "HARD".

saying 'wtf':eyebrows:sbxranting:scr
December 12, 2010
JUMPIN' JEEZIS ON CANAPES! Does EVERYTHING have to change for the sake of the chiiildryn? They change the recipes in food so the little cretins will eat more veggies. They pull shit off of the shelves because it's not good for the kiddies. They try to ban a harmless candy because it might lead to a "nasty habit." They censor the fuck out of everything on tv because "kids might be watching it" - um, after 11pm, I would HOPE that most little monsters would be in bed, fast asleep. This world is becoming so foam-padded for the childrun that eventually, there will be nothing for adults to enjoy because it will all be a negative influence on the fucking keeeids.
December 12, 2010
labwoman
JUMPIN' JEEZIS ON CANAPES! Does EVERYTHING have to change for the sake of the chiiildryn? They change the recipes in food so the little cretins will eat more veggies. They pull shit off of the shelves because it's not good for the kiddies. They try to ban a harmless candy because it might lead to a "nasty habit." They censor the fuck out of everything on tv because "kids might be watching it" - um, after 11pm, I would HOPE that most little monsters would be in bed, fast asleep. This world is becoming so foam-padded for the childrun that eventually, there will be nothing for adults to enjoy because it will all be a negative influence on the fucking keeeids.

Only in America...

lab mom
December 13, 2010
I like Baby Ruth bars, but never took a shit in the country club pool.....

DOODY DOOOOODEEEEEEEEE......

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 13, 2010
I had both the candy and the chocolate versions and guess what? I don't smoke. Don't breeders have anything IMPORTANT to do/bitch about?
December 13, 2010
Amen to Zatoth's mentioning the hoops you have to jump through now to get pseudoephedrine thanks to the meth addicts. Even Consumer Reports says if you need a decongestant, jump through the hoops; the OTC phenelephrine (spelling approx) is no better than a placebo.

And guess what? Two states have made pseudoephedrine prescription only, and some Congressmen are trying to make it prescription only for EVERYONE. I hope my university's walk-in clinic or the nurse practitioners at Wal-Mart can write the prescription. The thought of all of us waiting weeks to see our doctor for a decongestant is insane!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login