Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FBoFW

Posted by Guest 
Re: FBoFW
August 31, 2006
in the UK i always liked andy capp, but we dont really have cartoons in comics anymore. but that could be a good thing

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 31, 2006
Does anyone remember FBOFW back in like 1993 when the Character Lawrence announced he was gay? There was such a huge big to-do and all over it. Everyone was up in arms and was talk of the strip being cancelled.

Who cares if Lawrence was gay, anyway? It's not like he just announced he is a serial killer or goes around raping old ladies. But of course in the eyes of the narrow-minded, being gay is the equivalent.

I haven't read much of that cartoon in recent times. I'm sure it's changed a lot.
August 31, 2006
KFLL, FBoFW is very breeder oriented. It also keeps women in their place. The older husbands are always ogling the young girls in bikinis and sexy clothing while the aging wives just gaze on trying to tell themselves that the men's behaviours are okay. Sad! I may be a woman in my 40's but would not stoop to such groveling to a man.
August 31, 2006
I do read this cartoon even though I hate it. The oldest daughter is moving back home due to her teaching job being in that area. The moo is thrilled that she & Hubby cannot sell the house because of the boomerang'ing of the young woman coming home. Daddio says to himself how the "empty nest" is never going to happen and how his home has become an 'open door' policy. The younger sis tells her mom that the older sis will not want to find her own place since it is cheaper to live at home. Many parents DO want their children to grow up to be responsible people who have their own lives. It is one thing to help out in a bind but the issue is often that the young "adults" want the privileges of adulthood but do not want to pay the price...
CJ
September 03, 2006
I remember the Lawrence brouhaha a few years ago, KFLL. The Christianists sure had a cow over a gay character in the comics--I think their problem is that gay people don't usually reproduce the "old-fashioned way." Not having good family values, and all that bs. Just a thought!
Anonymous User
September 05, 2006
Wanna hear something really gross? In one of the last few weeks "Baby Blues" comic strip, it shoes the moo BREASTFEEDING! IN THE COMICS!

I can't wait to see a breastfeeding moo in a restarant with her tit hanging out. I'm gonna walk over, stand by her table, and rip the loudest, stinkiest fart I can muster. And then I'll turn to her and say, "Well, it's a natural human function".
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.