Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crazy things your parents told you

Posted by Zzelda 
Re: Crazy things your parents told you
October 06, 2012
"don't eat too much food or you'll blow up"

It happened to the guy in "The Meaning of Life", so ya never know.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
October 07, 2012
I'm not Thom but work in health care and also taught many anatomy and physiology classes. I don't believe there is any possible way of any part of the liver entering the stomach, small or large intestines. What is scary is that this is not the first time I have heard this particular myth. I once had a patient who told me her son-in-law died from "pooping out his whole liver."
October 08, 2012
CrabCake
cfbitchfromla
I forgot about another one my mom used to use. Where in the flying fuck it ever came from I don't know, but she used to tell me that women should never take a bath during their period because they might bleed to death. She still won't take a bath and will only use a shower. :eyebrows

LOL!! My mom told me the opposite, that when you take a bath or shower (or go swimming) during your period, your flow stops while you are in the water. If only! eye rolling smiley

That IS true. I read it in one of those little booklets that my mother gave me when Iwas about 10. If the water is luke warm... it DOES stop, Always did for me... for 25 years. Unless the water is too hot.. it WILL stop. It will start again about 2 minutes after you are out of the tub... but it stops in the water.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login