Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh this is funny - Ina Garten refuses to meet with "make a wish" brat

Posted by Dogsmeow2 
Well, she caved. Sigh. I was holding she would hold out against the breeder onslaught.

Ina caves to the breeder outcry

Note in the poorly written piece of shit excuse for journalism on the ABC News site, the reporter has done no independent research but liberally quotes from the wacko-mom's blog including using an out-of-context "he still loves the Contessa" quote as a kicker at the bottom of the story. Gag me.
So stage moo gets her way by bad mouthing her into submission. Sorry to see Ina cave in to what is likely a false MAW anyways....3-year-olds do NOT want to meet obscure, upper crust cooks. Attention whore moos do.

Maybe we all will have to blog about this phony family and their non-dying kid (a comment from an oncologist says this cancer has a 96 percent cure rate) and leak them to TMZ. Anyone else want to report her PayPal and TMZ fake story earnings to the IRS....bad PR goes both ways.
oops someone else beat me to it. It sucks that she gave in to the moo like that.
Oh boy, she got cyber bullied in to seeing the kid *cough HIS MOM cough.....

What a load of shit. That "mother" is a fucking bitch.

How I bullied Ina into seeing meeeeeeeeeee.........
Ina should have never backed down. Now it's going to make it seem like all a moo has to do is whine and bitch to get whatever she wants from whoever she wants. Besides that, people are still pissed and refused to "buy her books" or "watch her show" anymore even though she has now agreed to meet the little brat.
I'm more likely to watch her show and buy her books at this point. She is NOT public property, and I loathe when people treat other human beings as though they were. Just because Ina Garten is a celebrity, she is NOT beholden to anyone or anything. Period.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
reaperess
I'm more likely to watch her show and buy her books at this point. She is NOT public property, and I loathe when people treat other human beings as though they were. Just because Ina Garten is a celebrity, she is NOT beholden to anyone or anything. Period.

Agreed 100%. I've never really watched her show too often, but you can believe that I'll be tuning in on Saturday.
Hi everyone. I registered and introduced myself a few minutes ago in the introduction thread.

I wanted to share this, a sentiment I found in the comments of the LA Times story about Ina.

I perfectly understand that she gets a ton of requests. But we're talking about a child here--a six year old. I'll move heaven and earth for a child. And a phone call of a few minutes wouldn't kill her!

Posted by: Jesse | March 28, 2011 at 01:07 PM

This EXACT thinking is what finally drove me to register for this board. I can't take people who think like this anymore.

A child deserves moving heaven and earth for, simply by virtue of them being a child, dontchaknow? Everyone else? Fuck em.
filthy mcnasty
Hi everyone. I registered and introduced myself a few minutes ago in the introduction thread.

I wanted to share this, a sentiment I found in the comments of the LA Times story about Ina.

I perfectly understand that she gets a ton of requests. But we're talking about a child here--a six year old. I'll move heaven and earth for a child. And a phone call of a few minutes wouldn't kill her!

This EXACT thinking is what finally drove me to register for this board. I can't take people who think like this anymore.

A child deserves moving heaven and earth for, simply by virtue of them being a child, dontchaknow? Everyone else? Fuck em.

This is going off the subject, but I just have to get it in. As you know, I talk about Breed Hills School District and how people complain how crummy it is (unfortunately, they are rightDunce cap). So WHY don't they Move Heaven and Earth to Move to a better one! angry smileyThen they make excuses (we can't afford to move we have 4+ kids). But I guess that is not as important as being with this celebrity chef.
Melanie
Well, she caved. Sigh. I was holding she would hold out against the breeder onslaught.

Ina caves to the breeder outcry

Note in the poorly written piece of shit excuse for journalism on the ABC News site, the reporter has done no independent research but liberally quotes from the wacko-mom's blog including using an out-of-context "he still loves the Contessa" quote as a kicker at the bottom of the story. Gag me.

smile rolling left righteyes2

The dame bowed down to The Almighty Human Young.

Then she'll be drummed into having a kyd of her own one day, too.
And from our favorite cesspool of breeder stupidity E hell:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=92605.0

The thread got locked because people who thought Ina G was the wronged party in this whole deal were coming out in too many numbers. Typical.
Re: Oh this is funny - Ina Garten refuses to meet with "make a wish" brat
March 28, 2011
Dingo8YourBaby
Christhead
I feel bad for the kid if this really was his wish, but I'm sure he'll get over it. Still I agree it's more likely that his mom is using his illness as an excuse to meet her favorite celebrity. People shouldn't feel obligated to hang out with kids just because they're sick. Dying adults don't get shit like this, do they?

Does anyone watch Metalocalypse? This reminded me of an episode where a dying kid from the "Wish For Something" foundation wanted to meet with one of the guitarists and he flat-out refused.

Yeah, it was Toki. That episode was HYSTERICAL.

that was freakin' hilarious, especially when he finally caves in and decides to meet the girl, she's a rotting corpse.
filthy mcnasty

I don't believe this to be true. Breeders don't "move heaven and earth" for their children. They sometimes don't even move them out of the car when the temperature is nearing 100 degrees. I do think the key here is that they expect others to "move heaven and earth" and go out of their way to cater to their lifestyle socially and financially; usually through the use of law and customs.

They can't bear to walk more than 50 feet into a supermarket... and yet they have plenty of energy to chase me down aisle after aisle so they can babystalk.

Their children absolutely must have iPhones, $200 Nike's, Abercrombie and Fitch wardrobe, etc. etc. ... and yet they can't afford extra curricular activities and need harass motorists at red lights to contribute to a "coin drop."

They pass school budgets that include high tech scoreboards and astroturf football fields... and yet they're puzzled why their local school isn't producing students capable of competing with other students around the world.
Oh, man. I'm sorry to see that Ina caved. I would have hoped she could keep her spine, but maybe it's easy for me to say here in Anonymous Land. smile rolling left righteyes2

That ABC News article IS a piece of shit. Using loaded terms like "snubbed" and "refused" is irresponsible journalism, if you can even call it journalism. Shit like this belongs in the Enquirer, not in a supposedly mainstream news source. Shame on them. Just because a CHYYYYLD is involved doesn't mean it's okay for them to take leave of their professional responsibility.

the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
She is getting raked over the coals on her Facebook page. What a bunch of judgmental sheep, all taking the word of TMZ and Enzo's mother's blog as fact. Like many people, I'm convinced his mother set this whole thing up because I'm finding it really hard to believe a boy starting from age 3 would have such a strong need to meet this woman. Who knows, I could be wrong, but it just seems fishy.

Anyway, I was watching a YouTube clip of her and one of her recipes looks delicious. After reading all of the abuse she got on Fakebook, perhaps I'll buy one of her books in a show of support. She's doing this meeting because she's basically been extorted into it. Enzo's mother made good and sure Ina's reputation is already destroyed.
March 29, 2011
It's a shame that she gave in, but it was probably done to minimize career damage. If you're being chased by a howling mob, it doesn't matter much if the mob is driven by a sense of entitlement or a legitimate grudge. You do what you can to get them to put down the pitchforks.

Melanie, I was quite interested in that article you linked to about the ethics involved, especially the response that you cited, by Nancy. I found myself wondering how Nancy's child-centric opinions (which are widespread views but lack the thought and consistency required for an ethical system) would fare if it were treated as an ethical system, which she seems to think it is.

Nancy's premise is that "The first duty of all persons in a civilized society is to care for the children. My ethics say that for the optimum function of society, we care for children unless what they ask for will cause physical or emotional harm to them."

That's an intense ethical statement. It puts you in the position of being compelled to assist children, unless it will cause harm to the children. I'm going to be generous here, and also assume a provision that doing harm to other children in the process of caring for the initial child is also forbidden or at least not required. The most obvious implication of this statement is that the well-being of adults is irrelevant, or at least secondary to the well-being of children. She is not only stating that the child's well-being comes before the adult's, but that the child's 'care' (which seems to include whims/desires/wishes, given that this is about Ina) comes before anything else. The flaw of that argument, which requires me to lay down my life to fulfill a child's wish, is so evident that I don't think it even requires further discussion. (If Nancy doesn't reject this overstatement, she should be sure to kill herself so she can free up the resources she is using for teh chyldren. Her death won't have the slightest physical or emotional impact on a child who doesn't even know her, yet if enough people follow her footsteps, any number of children will be much better off.)

Suppose we soften her view, and say that there is a moral obligation to see to the well-being of children, provided it can be done without harming our own well-being or the well-being of another person? That has similarities to the position put forth by Singer in "Famine, Affluence, and Morality". He says: "If it is in our power to prevent something bad from happening, without thereby sacrificing anything of comparable moral importance, then we ought, morally, to do it." The logical conclusion of this statement is that it is immoral to spend discretionary income on anything other than the assistance of others. As long as there are people dying of preventable or treatable diseases, famine, natural disasters, etc, and money can improve their well-being, a person who agrees with this system is morally bound to contribute all non-necessary income to help people in need. In Nancy's case, as long as these suffering individuals are children (and many of them are), all her spare money should be going in that direction.

I hope Nancy didn't buy her computer, and doesn't pay for internet access, because that would clearly be immoral under her ethical system (even under the water-down version I'm using here).

Or would Nancy like to add qualifiers like geography (which Singer has already effectively dismissed, and which wouldn't be compelling if Ina lives nowhere near Enzo), or being a member of the same society? I'd quite like to hear those arguments. Would she claim that Ina has a requirement to help a sick American child, but not a sick British child? Is she obligated to help only children sharing her nationality, but not other children? What happens if a child is a naturalized citizen--is it deserving of help once naturalized, but undeserving the day before? Or is this not about nationality but about industrialized societies (e.g., the British child would be helped, but a child from Angola would not be helped)? That would be an interesting position, since not many people would argue that the relatively wealthy have a greater need (and we have a greater obligation to help them) than the poor. Would Nancy like to make a different distinction, perhaps? What else differentiates "us" (children who must be helped) from "them" (children one isn't morally obligated to help)? Is it race? Is it publicity? Go on, Nancy darling. Tell us why Enzo is better and more worthy than a child dying of malaria in Somalia.

Singer talks about people, while Nancy talks about children. This raises the next question, of why Nancy's ethical system treats adults differently from children. What is the argument for finding someone deserving of all assistance the day before her 18th birthday, and finding her unworthy the very next day? Or, to be more fine-grained about it, what changes in the minute between 17 and 18 which strips a person of her position in this ethical system? Legal systems, of course, must make sharper distinctions, and can therefore say that at the age of 18 you may vote, and at the age of 17 you may not. An ethical system, however, must justify this sudden change of treatment on moral grounds.

Oh, Nancy, Jack is right. You don't have the slightest understanding of ethics. Your 'system' is laughable and not even remotely consistent. It's just breeder-brained "all about teh baybees" nonsense, and your seriousness over it (while failing to follow the basic logical tenants of your own supposed ethical beliefs) is what makes you and other breeders the segment of society the world would be better off without.

... I was also thinking about how this ethical system would work out if you had child v. child. Surely it could be considered more important to ensure the well-being of one child than to attend to the desires of another child? Instead of donating to MAW or wasting so much energy on this one sickly child, shouldn't she be concerned about children around the world who are dying and could be saved? Those charities are always talking about how your $1 will help a child in a poor country. Isn't it rather unethical to fly one dying child to Disneyland when you could keep 20 children from starvation for the same amount of money? As Elizabeth said in her comment (in the follow-up article), MAW is pretty elitist. So, too, is Nancy's ethical system.
There's a You Tube video of "Enzo Pareda" (sp?) swimming. It might not be the same "Enzo" as in the story, but it's likely because moomie seems to really want the attention, all the while using her son... I wouldn't doubt that she'd videotape him and put it on YouTube. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this famblee even speaks English, so what would they want with Ina Garten? She's clearly educated and articulate - how the hell do they know what foie gras is? (not that I'd even eat that - I love geese too much.) But seriously? Please.

I feel sorry for ANYONE who has cancer. Not just KYDS. Fuck, I lost many loved ones, ADULTS, to cancer, and ya know what? It fucking hurts just as bad, watching them suffer, as it would with a brat. Why can't adults stricken with cancer have a "Make a Wish Foundation"? Oh, that's right, they don't matter, only the chyldruns do because they're our FYOOTURE. Fuckin' child-centric world makes me want to puke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so glad that I have no goddamned kids - it gives me more time to spend with my pets, who will always love me unconditionally.
That's too bad that she caved. I agree that she was bullied into it. Fucking breeders.

And check out this drivel from the moo's blog

I actually feel badly for her because Enzo has NOTHING but pure love and intensions and she will never get to have that experience with him and she is missing out on something so authentic and beautiful.
the world 'fail' on flames
I read this morning that now that Ina said ok to Enzo's request, his family (read, his mommy) has now turned HER down and said, no thanks.

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/31/barefoot-contessa-enzo-pereda-ina-garten/

So the whole media blitzkrieg started by the mommy was solely to publicly shame Ina, and nothing else? What a spiteful, horrid bitch.

Who else believes that she is the kind of woman who is pissed about her snowflake's misfortune so she has taken it upon herself to destroy someone else?

Does anyone watch Metalocalypse? This reminded me of an episode where a dying kid from the "Wish For Something" foundation wanted to meet with one of the guitarists and he flat-out refused.

YES! Rotting corpse girl in a wheelchair with maggots in all her orifices repeating, "I'm deeead, I'm deeead" while Toki screams in horror. I love it! I had to rewind the end and watch it a couple of times. I love how their endings are so gory in between the credits! Another of my favorite endings was the crazy old dude with a fork and knife raised, getting ready to slice into a cooing baby on his plate. HAHAHAHA!!!! Right when he goes in for the slice it blacks out and the "Titmouse" logo comes up with a low pitched "CHIRP". Hehehe!

I read this morning that now that Ina said ok to Enzo's request, his family (read, his mommy) has now turned HER down and said, no thanks.

Seriously??! What a stupid, immature cunt moo fuckface. That poor kid sure got the shitty end of the stick being born to her and ending up defective. It's good he's dying, he's going to a better place...even if it is just non-existence.
April 01, 2011
Seacreature

YES! Rotting corpse girl in a wheelchair with maggots in all her orifices repeating, "I'm deeead, I'm deeead" while Toki screams in horror. I love it! I had to rewind the end and watch it a couple of times. I love how their endings are so gory in between the credits! Another of my favorite endings was the crazy old dude with a fork and knife raised, getting ready to slice into a cooing baby on his plate. HAHAHAHA!!!! Right when he goes in for the slice it blacks out and the "Titmouse" logo comes up with a low pitched "CHIRP". Hehehe!

that's one of the jokes on metalocalypse-this is a band that is supposed to be the utmost brutal-people die horribly at their concerts-yet they scream like little girls when faced with gore. one of the best-and the one that got me into metalocaplypse-was dethfashion, which had the three members of emperor (ihsahn, samoth and trym) voicing a sadistic, murderous german fashion designer and his two minions. dethklok goes to fire him as he is harvesting "special leather" off of fashion models. the whole band is screaming and in the middle of it, nathan goes in his normal voice "oh, by the way-you're fired" before he goes back to screaming.
She turned Ina G. down? Gah, what a fucking beeyotch. I am glad that Ina G. doesn't have to waste anymore time with that stupid asshole.
April 02, 2011
Dingo8YourBaby
She turned Ina G. down? Gah, what a fucking beeyotch. I am glad that Ina G. doesn't have to waste anymore time with that stupid asshole.

as usual, moo demonstrates how parenting makes you a better person.
April 02, 2011
oh-i see why. garten invited him to come to her set. she's not dropping everything to go to HIM.
If that was truly Enzo's wish, then why would his mother turn down the opportunity for him? I wonder if he knows what a hullabaloo his mom has caused and that she ruined his chance to meet Ina. That is, if he really wanted to meet Ina. I still say the whole thing reeks of the mother looking for publicity.

The boy is innocent in all of this. He can't help what his mother is writing on her blog. And why do they feel the need to blog about this sort of thing? If it was a private blog for family and friends, that's understandable, but why make it available for every Joe Schmo to read? Everyone is entitled to some privacy when it comes to their health, and I sure as heck wouldn't want my mother publishing every detail of what sort of medical issues I was having. Nothing is sacred nowadays. Everything is up for public consumption.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login