Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos Know Better than Teachers, Re:"Gifted" Kid:rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
Moos Know Better than Teachers, Re:"Gifted" Kid:rolleyes2
June 28, 2011
http://www.tagfam.org/whoisgifted.html

Some selected excerpts:

"Research studies consistently show that parents are better judges of a child's intellectual abilities than classroom teachers. The following checklists may be helpful to you in determining if your child's intellectual abilities lie in the "gifted" range."

Intellectual Giftedness in Toddlers
Short List of Gifted Characteristics (Preschool)
Comparison of Bright vs Gifted
Who Is Gifted?

Short list of typical gifted preschooler (ages 2-5) characteristics:

Uses advanced vocabulary for age. No, moo. "I made a stinky in the big potty" doesn't count
Uses spontaneous verbal elaboration with new experiences. A tard suddenly bellowing out when faced with a new environment, like at a restaurant, isn't what they are talking about here.
Has the ability to make interesting or unusual shapes or patterns through various media: blocks, playdough, crayons. Oh, I have seen some of those "gifted" playdough ashtrays and candy dishes and I think NOT
Ability to assemble puzzles designed for older children. "Assembly"doesn't refer to dumping the box out all over the floor and smearing the pieces with peanut butter or his own shit
Sense of humor used in general conversation. Putting Shitlee on the phone to repeat(and poorly at that)a knock-knock joke doesn't count either
Understanding of abstract concepts such as death and time. Understanding the little rotting tree frog they have kept in their closet for a week isn't coming back is NOT what they mean. Understanding "time" as it flashes on a digital clock wasn't what they had in mind. "Bratford KNOWS what time he eats lunch!" isn't a sign of genius either.
Mastery of new skills with little repetition. They aren't referring to new "skills" like Snotford spontaneously turning on a tv with a new remote(that looks like the old one) or mimicking what he sees his moo or duh do.
Demonstration of advanced physical skills. Oh, they think anything the little bastard does physically qualifies him for the fucking Olympics.
Demonstration of advanced reasoning skills through explanation of occurrences.
So, he understands, through his "gifted" reasoning that smearing his diaper juice on the walls will get him a spanking because moo explained it to him

While I do agree with this list as being a good indicator of "giftedness", the problem is the moo's interpretation of it, which I have identified in my red letter commentary via examples I have witnessed over the years.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
:yr

Thanks for the LOL, Kim.
"Demonstration of advanced physical skills" has nothing to do with intellectual giftedness. As a matter of fact, research results and experts in this field maintain that sometimes there's a gap in the physical and intellectual development and perfomance of gifted individuals. There are different kinds of giftedness (e.g. cognitive/analytical/intellectual, artistic, musical, sports/physical endurance, etc.). The most important thing is that gifted children are given the opportunity to maximise their potentials without jeopardising their childhood, i.e. enjoy growing up with lots of play and fun, be loved and give love, share, respect, take responsibility, etc.

Dr. Berthier, author "Intelligence, Giftedness: Pre-cradle to Post-grave"

Mods, nuke bit of spam above.
Re: Moos Know Better than Teachers, Re:"Gifted" Kid:rolleyes2
July 03, 2011
The point here Doctor, isn't the range or even the manifestation of "giftedness." It is the consistent claim of a child being "gifted" by parents who are clueless or worse yet abusively pushing a child just so they can by proxy seem special. Furthering that along are those parents who claim a child is gifted as an excuse for their unwillingness or inability to discipline. These parents claim a child's misbehavior is due to "bored becasue they are gifted." This of course is a fallacy, their child is not acting our because of boredom but becasue of a lack of discipline.

The point here Doctor, isn't the range or even the manifestation of "giftedness." It is the consistent claim of a child being "gifted" by parents who are clueless or worse yet abusively pushing a child just so they can by proxy seem special. Furthering that along are those parents who claim a child is gifted as an excuse for their unwillingness or inability to discipline. These parents claim a child's misbehavior is due to "bored becasue they are gifted." This of course is a fallacy, their child is not acting our because of boredom but becasue of a lack of discipline.

Cosign this.
My favorite item on Stuff White People Like:

White people love “gifted” children, do you know why? Because an astounding 100% of their kids are gifted! Isn’t that amazing?

I’m pretty sure the last non-gifted white child was born in 1962 in Reseda, CA. Since then, it’s been a pretty sweet run.

The way it works is that white kids that are actually smart are quickly identified as “gifted” and take special classes and eventually end up in college and then law school or med school.

But wait, aren’t there white people who aren’t doctors or lawyers, or even all that smart?

Well, here is another one of those awesome white person win-win situations.

Because if a white kid gets crappy grades and can’t seem to ever do anything right in school, they are still gifted! How you ask? They are just TOO smart for school. They are too creative, too advanced to care about the trivial minutiae of the day to day operations of school.

Eventually they will show their creativity in their elaborate constructions of bongs and intimate knowledge different kinds of mushrooms and hash.

This is important if you ever find yourself needing to gain white person acceptance. If you see their kid playing peacefully, you say “oh, he/she seems very focused, are they in a gifted program?” at which point the parent will say “yes.” Or if the kid is lighting a dog on fire while screaming at their mother, you say “my he/she is a creative one. Is he/she gifted?” To which the parent will reply “oh, yes, he’s too creative and smart for school. We just don’t know what to do.” Either situation will put a white person in a better mood and make them like you more.

But NEVER under any circumstance imply that their child is less than a genius. The idea that something could come from them and be less than greatness is too much for them to bear.
July 03, 2011
This type of stuff disturbs me because I *am* gifted.

I won't go through all my advanced degrees, in science and biz, but I will go over what happened to me as a child.

My relatives and teachers did see that I was gifted - and - put me through extensive testing to make sure - and it was shown that I actually *was* - and then - etc. (Was put into private academies and was in college by 16.)

Looking and admiring and hoping don't make it so. IQ testing. It exists for a reason.

All these Moo Cows crowing about "gifted children" - in some ways - diminishes those of us who truly ARE.

Even worse, it diminishes us who WORKED AT learning.

If your kid can discuss Laplace's Transform, you might have something there.
July 04, 2011
Zzelda

If your kid can discuss Laplace's Transform, you might have something there.

.......or if they're smart enough to join MENSA.

jbs
July 04, 2011
lupabiyotch
Mods, nuke bit of spam above.

If you use 'report' the mods get a message, and if enough people do it, the post is automatically blocked.
July 04, 2011
kidlesskim
http://www.tagfam.org/whoisgifted.html

Some selected excerpts:

"Research studies consistently show that parents are better judges of a child's intellectual abilities than classroom teachers. The following checklists may be helpful to you in determining if your child's intellectual abilities lie in the "gifted" range."

Intellectual Giftedness in Toddlers
Short List of Gifted Characteristics (Preschool)
Comparison of Bright vs Gifted
Who Is Gifted?

Short list of typical gifted preschooler (ages 2-5) characteristics:

Uses advanced vocabulary for age. No, moo. "I made a stinky in the big potty" doesn't count
Uses spontaneous verbal elaboration with new experiences. A tard suddenly bellowing out when faced with a new environment, like at a restaurant, isn't what they are talking about here.
Has the ability to make interesting or unusual shapes or patterns through various media: blocks, playdough, crayons. Oh, I have seen some of those "gifted" playdough ashtrays and candy dishes and I think NOT
Ability to assemble puzzles designed for older children. "Assembly"doesn't refer to dumping the box out all over the floor and smearing the pieces with peanut butter or his own shit
Sense of humor used in general conversation. Putting Shitlee on the phone to repeat(and poorly at that)a knock-knock joke doesn't count either
Understanding of abstract concepts such as death and time. Understanding the little rotting tree frog they have kept in their closet for a week isn't coming back is NOT what they mean. Understanding "time" as it flashes on a digital clock wasn't what they had in mind. "Bratford KNOWS what time he eats lunch!" isn't a sign of genius either.
Mastery of new skills with little repetition. They aren't referring to new "skills" like Snotford spontaneously turning on a tv with a new remote(that looks like the old one) or mimicking what he sees his moo or duh do.
Demonstration of advanced physical skills. Oh, they think anything the little bastard does physically qualifies him for the fucking Olympics.
Demonstration of advanced reasoning skills through explanation of occurrences.
So, he understands, through his "gifted" reasoning that smearing his diaper juice on the walls will get him a spanking because moo explained it to him

While I do agree with this list as being a good indicator of "giftedness", the problem is the moo's interpretation of it, which I have identified in my red letter commentary via examples I have witnessed over the years.eye rolling smiley

Look at it this way, moos-if your kid ain't like Stewie on Family Guy, it ain't gifted
July 04, 2011
nomooingzone

White people love “gifted” children, do you know why? Because an astounding 100% of their kids are gifted! Isn’t that amazing?

I’m pretty sure the last non-gifted white child was born in 1962 in Reseda, CA. Since then, it’s been a pretty sweet run.

The way it works is that white kids that are actually smart are quickly identified as “gifted” and take special classes and eventually end up in college and then law school or med school.

But wait, aren’t there white people who aren’t doctors or lawyers, or even all that smart?

Well, here is another one of those awesome white person win-win situations.

Because if a white kid gets crappy grades and can’t seem to ever do anything right in school, they are still gifted! How you ask? They are just TOO smart for school. They are too creative, too advanced to care about the trivial minutiae of the day to day operations of school.

Eventually they will show their creativity in their elaborate constructions of bongs and intimate knowledge different kinds of mushrooms and hash.

This is important if you ever find yourself needing to gain white person acceptance. If you see their kid playing peacefully, you say “oh, he/she seems very focused, are they in a gifted program?” at which point the parent will say “yes.” Or if the kid is lighting a dog on fire while screaming at their mother, you say “my he/she is a creative one. Is he/she gifted?” To which the parent will reply “oh, yes, he’s too creative and smart for school. We just don’t know what to do.” Either situation will put a white person in a better mood and make them like you more.

But NEVER under any circumstance imply that their child is less than a genius. The idea that something could come from them and be less than greatness is too much for them to bear.

wtf kind of racist shit is this?
July 04, 2011
zatoth
nomooingzone

.............................................. The idea that something could come from them and be less than greatness is too much for them to bear.

wtf kind of racist shit is this?

It is a popular site owned by a young, white man. Perhaps the Facebook generation's foremost cultural critic and theorist? Time will tell.

Other writers have come up with similar sites poking fun at their ethnic groups' idiosyncrasies.
Yeah, I was "gifted" too, but at the time there were NO 'gifted' programs so I got to function as an unpaid teacher's assistant. Maybe if I had been born with a penis I might have got some advanced training, but alas, I was cursed with a vagina.

Mostly I was seen as a problem, even though I was well-behaved in school and in society in general. I didn't fit the holy "norm" so they didn't know what the hell to do with me. It's aggravating to see people claiming their children are "gifted" when the kids are garden-variety kids, maybe a little brighter than most.

I'm with zZelda; this is what IQ testing is about. Have 'em join Mensa, then we'll talk.
July 04, 2011
even if a child is truly gifted, the public school system will squelch it if it does not conform with their self estee, coddling, pc agenda or the information the child possesses is not on a standardized test.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login