Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry: 2259 No sex

Posted by Guest 
Anonymous User
Re: Entry: 2259 No sex
July 23, 2007
I think titanium rings are cool, especially the customized ones with cool designs - I like this one http://www.titaniumera.com/catalog/detail?cid=620&pid=734 and I think any of the rings on this http://www.titaniumera.com/catalog/list?cid=616 page would make a great engagement ring.

I've been told that I have "tacky" tastes, but I don't mind. I like what I like, and I don't care what others think.

I'm not a big fan of jewels, but I do LOVE amber [which is actually fossilized sap, right?].

BTW, if you like the titanium rings, be sure to check out the "motif" section -- those are GORGEOUS, especially Tree Bark and Full Thados.
Nour
July 23, 2007
Yes, amber is fossilized tree resin. I like amber too, Stephanie.
Thanks for the links smiling smiley
July 24, 2007
i only want a diamond so she can see and feel it, but i like cz, and other stones real or synthetic. its the meaning not the ring itself.

i prefer silver as i find gold to be i dont funny feeling, it doesnt feel right to me..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 24, 2007
I'm kind of a jewlery rube, and am very disappointed to know that they can not make rings from meteorities, however what I really want to know is, what is CZ?
July 24, 2007
cubic zirconia, is an artifical stone, (there is a natural version but its very rare)

Cubic zirconia (or CZ) is zirconium oxide (ZrO2), a mineral that is widely synthesized for use as a diamond simulant. The synthesized material is hard, optically flawless and usually colorless, but may be made in a variety of different colors. It should not be confused with zircon, which is a zirconium silicate (ZrSiO4). Cubic zirconia is extremely rare in nature.

Because of its low cost, durability, and close visual likeness to diamond, synthetic cubic zirconia has remained the most gemologically and economically important diamond simulant since 1976. Its main competition as a synthetic gemstone is the more recently cultivated material, synthetic moissanite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubic_zirconia

anything could be made into a ring or pendants, so long as you have the stone, and the setting. custom made jewellry is a big market. eventually thats what me and rowan want to do, create our own rings, and have some made with designs by the customer. of course we wont go this far..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6215702.stm

bone rings, grown from your own bone cells..

Scientists obtain bone cells from wisdom teeth and then grow them on a "scaffold" material in the lab.

The efforts are part of a collaboration between scientists and artists aiming to learn how to craft complex shapes from bone tissue.

Examples are to go on display at an exhibition at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in London.

I would get sent photographs of the material as it was growing so in some sense I felt an emotional connection to the process

Harriet Harriss and Matt Harrison, one of five couples involved in the project, have just been presented with their rings made from their bone cells.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
July 24, 2007
Moissanite is very expensive. Best to stick with CZ, IMO.
July 25, 2007
I like colored stones, clear stones are not so exciting to me.
July 25, 2007
i like plain cuts, no gems, more like onyx, tigers eye cut in a cabochon.. gem cuts like princess, arent my kinda thing

http://www.kernowcraft.co.uk/ this is a COOL jewellery site.. you can buy the ring setting, and the stone and they will put it together for you, or you can do it yourself..

Anonymous User
July 28, 2007
I'm a jewellery head, too, LOL. I like coloured stones, too, but something I wear everyday has to be at least an 8 on the moh's scale, so I usually end up with clear, but I LOVE all colours of Sapphire (9 on Moh's scale).

People tell me I have gaudy tastes, as I LOVE HUGE single stone rings and pendants.

Titanium, Tungsten, and Steel are cool metals for jewellery.

CZ is awesome, it comes in many beautiful colours, and is hard enough to wear everday. I want a giant Interlap one day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login