Disturbing trend for young girls - RED lipstick
December 12, 2011
So I'm out among the crowds of idiots in their holiday frenzy and I noticed several little girls, around five or six years old, wearing red lipstick. One of them was in line with moo, the moo was in jeans and a sweater, the daughter was in a zebra furry jacket, red pleated skirt and red shoes with heels. The girl said something about her jacket and moo said "yes you look just like Suri (Cruise)".

I assume this is the look the moos are going for when they put red lipstick on their young daughters. Interesting that the moos are not dressing up too, they just want to show off the little princesses, like dolls or something.
Re: Disturbing trend for young girls - RED lipstick
December 12, 2011
Still another prostitot.

So what else is new? smile rolling left righteyes2
December 12, 2011
Banshee
Still another prostitot.

So what else is new? smile rolling left righteyes2

And meanwhile, the moos raise a hew and cry because pedos are being provided with images to download of little girls dressed in an adult manner. Jeeze, lady, ever hear of chum for sharks? You're just putting it out there where it walks and talks.
December 12, 2011
Jesus fucking Christ. My Mom wouldn't even let me wear makeup at all until I was in high school. These pahrunts are just sending the message that girls are only as good as how they look. No character development, no intelligence, no goals. Sickening.
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011
I wonder how many moos would still put red lipstick on their tots if they knew that for human males it's a psychological signal that the female is fertile and ready to mate? smile rolling left righteyes2
December 12, 2011
is this a thing now? ick. pimp
December 12, 2011
jayde
I wonder how many moos would still put red lipstick on their tots if they knew that for human males it's a psychological signal that the female is fertile and ready to mate? smile rolling left righteyes2

Huh so you're saying that red lipstick dates back to prehistoric caveman times? Did you learn that from Wiki or did your anthropology professor add it to the final exam as a bonus question?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011
SlumSlut
jayde

Huh so you're saying that red lipstick dates back to prehistoric caveman times? Did you learn that from Wiki or did your anthropology professor add it to the final exam as a bonus question?

Big red lips on females is subconciously seen by males as a sign of youth, fertility and sexual arousal. What's so hard to understand?

Lipstick has been used for thousands of years, by both genders, but particularly women, to attract a mate by simulating the appearance of sexual arousal. Most people don't use makeup consciously for that purpose anymore, but the subconscious programming still exists.
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011
When I was a kid the only way I got to put on makeup was by sneaking into my mother's makeup bag and playing around with them. Now parents just smear it on the kids. Weird times.
December 12, 2011
jayde
SlumSlut
jayde

Big red lips on females is subconciously seen by males as a sign of youth, fertility and sexual arousal. What's so hard to understand?

Lipstick has been used for thousands of years, by both genders, but particularly women, to attract a mate by simulating the appearance of sexual arousal. Most people don't use makeup consciously for that purpose anymore, but the subconscious programming still exists.

It isn't hard to understand, just hard to prove. One reason for that is because none of us and none of our esteemed academic colleagues were around to conduct surveys or double-blind control-group experiments thousands of years ago, another reason is because men fuck women in an orifice that is below the waist, not above the neck, in order to impregnate them.

So, what i am asking for is that you provide some kind of reference to a scientific study that backs up your statement. Of course i have heard about this theory of red lipstick = fertility. I just never have seen any evidence, other than the anecdotal type, to support it. Here is your chance to enlighten me with some facts.

I eagerly await this information.

ETA: i would much more readily accept anecdotal evidence regarding this if lipstick was typically applied to the vulva and / or labia instead of to the mouth.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011
SlumSlut
It isn't hard to understand, just hard to prove. One reason for that is because none of us and none of our esteemed academic colleagues were around to conduct surveys or double-blind control-group experiments thousands of years ago, another reason is because men fuck women in an orifice that is below the waist, not above the neck, in order to impregnate them.

So, what i am asking for is that you provide some kind of reference to a scientific study that backs up your statement. Of course i have heard about this theory of red lipstick = fertility. I just never have seen any evidence, other than the anecdotal type, to support it. Here is your chance to enlighten me with some facts.

I eagerly await this information.

ETA: i would much more readily accept anecdotal evidence regarding this if lipstick was typically applied to the vulva and / or labia instead of to the mouth.

Well for starters I never said that makeup was used to simulate a vagina. I said it was used to simulate sexual arousal: dark eyes, flushed cheeks and swollen, red lips.

As related to fertility, men are biologically programmed to be attracted to younger women because they are more fertile than older women. Specifically relating to lipstick, lips lose their fullness and colour as we age, so plump, pink/red lips are seen as a youthful trait. For the male brain youth = fertility.

It's not my job to enlighten you. If you're so interested go research the topic yourself. I'm not going to waste my time digging up papers that I studied 15 years ago when you have obviously already made up your mind.
December 12, 2011
what's the big problem with jayde's post? everyone know what she means; we've all heard the flushed lips theory in college so why does she need to explain/prove it? christ, i thought this was a CF board, not a flipping anthro 101 class.

these types of nasty exchanges are becoming really common on this board as of late, and it ruins the good snarking fun 99% of us have here. i like this board but this bullshit is becoming too tedious.

the world 'fail' on flames
December 12, 2011
I never wore makeup until high school either, but even when I wore lipstick, it was always something funky like bright turquoise, dark purple, or orange. It was always fun in the winter when I'd wear the blue and it faded a bit - people thought I was cold because my lips apparently were tinted in such a way that resembled hypothermia. I personally love bright red, but I find there aren't many times I can wear bright red lipstick and have it look okay.

I don't think it's bad if a little girl wants to play princess dress up at home and wear make-up - my youngest cousin did that a couple times. I did at that age too. But now Moos seem to be obsessed with making their little girls look like less leggy Barbie dolls and it's kinda scary. Little girls in pageants who are made up more than drag queens kinda scare me because they are wearing stuff adult women (or teen girls, sometimes) wear and it's a mind fuck. They look like creepy little dolls.

And then Moos go and have unholy fits if the local pedos ogle their tarted-up toddlers. If you dangle the bone in front of the dog, you're going to get his attention. If you don't want that attention, then dress your kid normally.
December 12, 2011
I don't think anyone - anyone - looks attractive with red lipstick on. To me it looks as bad as fake tits.

I'm 34 and I don't wear red lipstick, and I didn't start wearing any makeup until I was 17.

As for the evolutionary psychology of makeup, men who are looking to reproduce might consciously look for a younger woman at which point they'll just ask her how old she is, and the lips aren't the only way to tell by looking how old a person is - the best way to tell is by the driver's license.

Other men who want a relationship based on either emotional connection or sex won't care as much about age. Today we see the phenomena of college guys joyously fucking 40 year old cougars, and both of them seem to love every minute of it, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with baybees since most cougars are far past their fertility stage.

Yet men still find them hot. Probably because they're horny.

Then you have short haired women who wear no makeup, or nude colors, and still manage to get laid. A lot.

Men want sex for a lot of reasons OTHER than reproduction, and willing females show their willingness in a lot of ways OTHER than the makeup they wear. Funny how fertile men don't have to signal their youth or fertility by smearing shit on themselves, and can't it be assumed that no woman wants the dried up old sperm of an 80 year old man who's dick probably doesn't even stand up anymore? And isn't bright red an alarm color signaling distress and blood? - we use it on traffic signals, stop signs, ambulances, cop car lights, etc to signal DANGER. I mean, if guys are turned on by red lips but squicked out by menstrual blood (which truly does signal fertility), what can we deduce from that?

Anyway, let me shut up but not before I add that red lipstick is a really retro look that you find on lots of old women - and most men don't like it. They don't like a lot of shit on the lips at all, actually.
December 12, 2011
SlumSlut
jayde

NPR story: "Study: Neanderthals Wore Jewelry and Makeup"

"...[A]rchaeologist Joao Zilhao of the University of Bristol in England says he's found evidence at a Spanish excavation that might change that view. He's found shells with holes in them, apparently strung together and worn like beads. And there's something unusual on some of the shells.

"Glitter makeup," he says, "or shimmer makeup ... where you, over a foundation, you add shiny bits of something granular that shines and reflects. When light would shine on you, you'd reflect."

There were also several kinds of pigments, including some that had to be mixed from different ingredients.

"These shells and the associated pigment evidence is 50,000 years old," he points out. "So, I mean, it can only be made by Neanderthals, there's no question about that."

ETA: Society of Cosmetic Chemists monograph: Lipstick Technology (not prehistoric but related)

"The use of colorants to enhance the appearance of the lips dates back to antiquity. Paintings and archaeological excavations from early Egyptian, Babylonian and Sumerian civilizations confirm that women in these early societies painted their lips with mixtures of hematite and red ochre in vegetable oil or animal fat. The Syrians, Persians, Greeks and Romans, in turn, all used lip and facial cosmetics of one form of another for aesthetic, medical or ritualistic purposes. Girls in ancient Athens, for example, use extracts of vegetables, seaweed and mulberry focus to color their lips and cheeks and the poet Ovid gave Roman maidens detailed written advice on applying rouge and powder to their faces."
December 12, 2011
I actually learned about this in human sexuality class in college.
December 13, 2011
I think the "red lips" thing and the sexual attraction connection has been around so long it's common knowledge. Women used to pinch their cheeks and lips in my grandmother's time and still others from that time period would use crushed berries to make their lips and cheeks red when make up was unavailable or unacceptable in their communities. I don't think cavemen gave a shit if the women had red lips, but it's more of a subconscious sign of fertility or youth like dark hair, plump skin, or maybe wide hips or something. It could be more a sign of good health to have rosy cheeks and lips which is indirectly related to fertility, but I really don't know.

At any rate, red lipstick or make up in general is "too old" for a young girl, IMHO.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
leigh-ann kraft
January 18, 2012
the reason red lipstick is sexual to men is because of evolution, when female baboons are ovulating there 'buts' get redder signalling a good mating opportunity for the males, evolutionary psychology says that this is why men are attracted to women in red morethan other colours. Although in my opinion girls should wear what they like without feeling like they are sending out any signals like this unless that is their aim. I'm 18 and i wear red, doesnt mean im going to screw every guy that comes along.
jayde

YES. THIS.
January 18, 2012
leigh-ann kraft
the reason red lipstick is sexual to men is because of evolution, when female baboons are ovulating there 'buts' get redder signalling a good mating opportunity for the males, evolutionary psychology says that this is why men are attracted to women in red morethan other colours. Although in my opinion girls should wear what they like without feeling like they are sending out any signals like this unless that is their aim. I'm 18 and i wear red, doesnt mean im going to screw every guy that comes along.

Thank you for clarifying... shrug
January 19, 2012
Somewhere in amongst all this is a snarky remark about just where that red lipstick ring is ...

(to the tune of Stoemy Weather)]

Don't know why
I got lipstick on my thigh
Sloppy blow job...

Makeup is, in my view, silly enough on grown women, for most of whom it confers no benefit. If you're attractive, you don't need it; it's gilding the lily. If you're plain, no amount of makeup is going to help; it's almost like the old saying about putting lipstick on a pig. It's far, far sillier on small children.

What gets me is that I regularly see infant and young girls with lipstick, nail polish, and even pierced ears with earrings. Clearly the kid hasn't asked for that, as they are simply too young. Instead it's gratification for an immature moo who wants to dress up a live baby doll.
January 19, 2012
Nail polish looks gross on those teeny tiny stubby nails of little girls and it's always peeling. Red lipstick just looks perverted.
January 19, 2012
Here is a Techie view point on all of that red color stuff. Everything that we see is actually a reflection of the light. Without light, there is no color. Each light has a particular wave length. Certain wave lengths will travel further distances than others. Which means certain light will be visible from further away, at least in theory.

Red light has a such wave length that allows it to be seen from further away. From up close, such light is more noticeable.

Could red makeup simply be used to make something more noticeable? Red brake lights and red fire trucks are a good example of something that is red because it has to be noticed. Same for red emergency lights as well as red warning lights.

Just a Techie point of view here.
January 28, 2012
annoying-you
Sorceress
Jesus fucking Christ. My Mom wouldn't even let me wear makeup at all until I was in high school. These pahrunts are just sending the message that girls are only as good as how they look. No character development, no intelligence, no goals. Sickening.

Your Mama is doing the right thing. Wearing red lipstick is not a young girl's business. Not unless that you already is a perverted women at young age. lips wearing red lipstick seduced men because unconsciously men perceives it as women's vagina.

That's an unusual way to see red lipstick. Where in the world did you hear that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login