Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Wah wah wah, vaccines caused SIDS!"

Posted by Cambion 
"Wah wah wah, vaccines caused SIDS!"
April 02, 2012
I've heard this argument before on Smothering - that vaccinations will cause SIDS in infants, so don't vaccinate your child. Found this story from a Moo whose kid died in infancy a few days after getting the DPT.

http://www.fathersmanifesto.net/vaccinesids.htm

Basically, Junior gets the shots, and for the remainder of the day, the kid allegedly acts "unusual" by doing things like pissing so hard that the entire stroller is soaked and screaming all day and night while running a fever and having a sore red spot on her leg where the shots were received. The first two sound like normal loaf behaviors while the second two sound like relatively mild reactions to the vaccines - a fever being the result of the shots WORKING and the soreness from the injection. This does not sound out of the ordinary.

Following morning, Junior's dead. Junior is taken to the hospital and Moo and Duh are interrogated because the police believe they killed the kid. Of course, Moo is all huffy and shocked that they would dare think a saintly mother could murder her own child.

And then Moo goes on about the emptiness in her life.

I cried for all the things I would never do with my daughter. All the ballet classes I would never take her to, the wedding I would never attend, the grandchildren I would never know and all the dreams I would never realize with her.

And who is to say your daughter would want to take ballet, get married, and produce grandchildren for you? What if she liked playing in the dirt, fishing and wanted to be a CF lesbian? Would she be loved any less and would her death have been less tragic if she would have turned out to not be a girly girl?

I suppose it's possible that the kid had an extremely rare, life-threatening reaction to the vaccine, like maybe a fever that got way too high. From what I recall, what is considered a "high fever" in infants is a lower temperature than for an adult fever and such a thing can easily kill a baby. Doesn't sound like an allergic reaction since I would assume there would be breathing difficulties involved, and if Junior could scream incessantly for hours and hours, obviously they had no problem breathing.

With any other medications, be it antibiotics, anti-depressants, birth control, anything at ALL, you will see that little disclaimer in tiny print that says, "Warning: Use of this medication may cause (illness), a rare but serious side effect that can result in heart attack, blood clots, stroke, coma and death." Meaning that while it's highly unlikely it would happen, that little warning has to go on there due to the one person in clinical trials who got sick and died from a BC pill-induced stroke.

This does not mean, "Don't ever take this because of the 1 in a million chance you'll die from it!" If everyone thought that way, no one would ever get medicated for anything and people would probably die from the conditions they were too afraid to treat.

Other choice quotes from Moo:

We are told that the benefits [of vaccines] outweigh the risks but many of the diseases that we vaccinate for are not even life threatening; however, the vaccine itself has the
potential to kill.

That's because the benefits DO outweigh the risks. It is VERY easy to catch most of the illnesses vaccinations prevent, but it is NOT easy to die from a vaccine itself. And yes, many of the things we vaccinate against are not fatal or they have a low chance of being fatal, but what kind of a parent would honestly want their child to catch a totally preventable disease? The complications many of these diseases cause can be fatal, and if they aren't, they can certainly ruin a child's life (polio, anyone?)

I can assure you that death from vaccination is neither quick nor painless. I helplessly watched my daughter suffer an excruciatingly slow death as she screamed and arched her back in pain, while the vaccine did as it was intended to do and assaulted her immature immune system. The poisons used as preservatives seeped through her tiny
body, overwhelming her vital organs one by one until they collapsed.

And how by chance does she know this? Did her daughter actually speak and tell her she was in pain? Babies who are not in even the slightest pain will screech bloody murder for no fucking reason. And really, the vaccine assaulted her immune system and the "poisons" overwhelmed her organs? Did you dissect her and watch all of this unfold? Are you a doctor, Moo?

A death sentence considered too inhumane for this county's most violent criminals was handed down to my beautiful, innocent, infant daughter, death by lethal injection.
STFU with the drama, Moo. Vaccinations are not a death sentence and you are an ignorant retard for even thinking that. Yes it sucks the kid died, but could it be the kid was just plain unhealthy to begin with? I mean if a fucking vaccine filled with inactive viruses will kill you, you weren't gonna live very long anyway. If Moo didn't vaccinate the kid, something else would have killed it.
Re: "Wah wah wah, vaccines caused SIDS!"
April 02, 2012
'I can assure you that death from vaccination is neither quick nor painless. I helplessly watched my daughter suffer an excruciatingly slow death as she screamed and arched her back in pain, while the vaccine did as it was intended to do and assaulted her immature immune system. The poisons used as preservatives seeped through her tiny
body, overwhelming her vital organs one by one until they collapsed.'

I wonder if all this went down BEFORE she sought medical help? If the kid was doing all that unusual pissing, had a fever, and all of these other symptoms, how long did the wait before seeking medical attention? I once had a cat who had an AWFUL reaction to a set of vaccinations and the MINUTE she started acting weird, I called the 24 hour emergency number. A tech met me at the office and they put her on something in an IV and kept kept her until late in the next day for observation. If that kid was dead in her own bed the next day then WHEN did all of this slow painful death take place? SURELY they didn't sit there and watch that and then go on to bed.confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
April 02, 2012
The vaccination doesn't work immediately. It takes days or weeks to get the immune system reaction which gives the protection through the immune process. The immune process takes a while to recognize the antigen, encode a proper antibody and then produce enough to be clinically useful.

These antivaxy fuckstains act like they can throw the brat into a room full of diphtheria cases immediately after Brattums gets the shot. WRONG. Any pediatrician can tell you it takes a while.

Death sucks, but to blame the vaccination is not as easy as that. They have to prove a direct causal relationship, and good fucking luck with that after the vaccination/autism link was torn apart.
Anonymous User
April 02, 2012
One of my idiot moo acquaintances thought her baybee's 3-month vaccinations gave him awwtism because he had a 99 degree fever that evening because the shots were working. Dumbass.

On a completely different note, the kid is two and still can't sit up or do anything because it was born retarded in some way (neurological/developmental, I don't care enough to ask). Not autistic. But, you know, it's the fault of the SCAYYYREEE shots. Forget that the kid was born with a squashed up head and no swallowing reflex. NO VAX!
April 02, 2012
Even when you get a plain old flu shot, sometimes you feel a little flu-ish afterward (though I don't know how long it can take to feel this way) and get a fever and feel kinda "blah." This means the vaccine is working - mild symptoms of whatever you've been vaxed against is a GOOD thing, but stupid people will run around screaming that they "caught" the flu from the flu shot and then other stupid people think the same is true of other vaccines.

Aside from a sore arm, I never had any reaction to any vaccine, so I have no idea how long it may actually take for ANY reaction to occur. Considering that a lot of viruses we vaccinate against often don't show symptoms until a few days after infection, it does strike me as odd that a vaccine with "dead" viral material would cause a fatal reaction so quickly. I suppose it's possible that a person could have an allergic reaction to one of the components in the vaccine, but what this kid had going on did not sound allergy-related at all.

Maybe the kid caught some other bug several days prior to the shots and just happened to get symptoms that day. A high fever is definitely a huge concern for anyone, and the younger you are, the fewer degrees you have separating you from death. Moo seemed to speak to a doctor that day, who told her that the kid's reaction was normal. The last shots I got when I was a teen caused my arm to be red, swollen, and fucking aching for about a week, so of course a baby is going to make a mountain out of a mole hill and screech over a sore injection site.

What actually caused this kid's death is anyone's guess, but I know for certain it wasn't from the fucking vaccines.
Anonymous User
April 02, 2012
What these medieval anti-vax morons don't realize is that it is FAR more likely for their little DNA replicas to die horribly from one of the diseases they're SUPPOSED to be vaccinating against.

I can't wait until these stupid twunts see their brats die of diptheria, or tentanus, or whooping cough or measles.

idiots.
April 03, 2012
A small percentage of the population will have a dangerous acute reaction to any vaccine, and it appears to me that this was one. Those with allergies to eggs or feathers are advised not to get the hepatitis B vaccine, for instance.

But why did the parents stand by and let events escalate? Had that been my kid with those symptoms, I would have taken him to a hospital emergency room so fast...! And I'm childfree! Leaving the problem overnight and allowing the child to die? If I were a cop, I'd investigate too. The usual "SIDS"—this wasn't.

But we just don't know what it's like to be a pahrunt and make those big important pahrunting decisions (such as not bothering to get a child having a bad reaction treated), do we?
Anonymous User
April 04, 2012
Selfish MOOOOOO
I cried for all the things I would never do with my daughter. All the ballet classes I would never take her to, the wedding I would never attend, the grandchildren I would never know and all the dreams I would never realize with through her.

It's always all about MOOOOO!!!!
April 04, 2012
This wasn't SIDS. They die in their sleep. Screeching and arching indicates something else is wrong, although with babies it could be a shitty diaper.

This woman writes like a bad Harlequin romance. Why would death be slow and excruciating...if it were my kid I would be in the ER stat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 04, 2012
navi8orgirl
This wasn't SIDS. They die in their sleep. Screeching and arching indicates something else is wrong, although with babies it could be a shitty diaper.

This woman writes like a bad Harlequin romance. Why would death be slow and excruciating...if it were my kid I would be in the ER stat.

That's what I was thinking. The death was slow? The baby was archnig her back and screaming in pain? If it was so terribly slow, they had time to get to the ER.

Fun Fact: The "whoop" in name "whooping cough" comes from the noise that small children make as they are struggling to breath after the coughing fit ends. Sometimes the child coughs so bad it leads to vomiting. The coughing fits can last for eight weeks. ANTI-VAX!!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
April 04, 2012
Oh who cares if Junior coughs so hard he turns blue and pukes and breaks some ribs - at least he won't catch AUTISM! smile rolling left righteyes2

@kman, I keep forgetting that vaccines are made in part with eggs, so I can see how someone with an egg allergy could have a bad reaction. And such things may not be something a parent with an infant is on the lookout for (even though food allergies seem to have skyrocketed in the last 20 years). But as said before, this kid definitely wasn't having an allergic reaction anyway.
April 05, 2012
Being ex-military I am a vax pro; the only egg warning I had seen was on the flu vaccine. I believe chicken pox may use eggs, but I had CP as a kid so I had never been vaxed.

The rest is just paranoia; the vax preservatives of our youth is far more poisonous yet we have very little autism.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 05, 2012
It is virtually impossible to tell if an infant will have an anaphylactic reaction to a vaccine or a drug unless there is some history and clinical notation of a prior reaction. Vaccines work by presenting a small portion of antigen (the target of antibodies) and an adjuvant (a substance that produces an immediate immune reaction) to start antibody production faster than normal. Protection is conferred when there is a sufficient titer (level) of antibody to the antigen. Vaccines like the Tdap do not produce actual antibodies to the bacteria themselves, but rather to the toxins which Clostridium tetani, Corynebacter(ium) diphtheriae and Bordatella pertussis produce. The toxins are what make those bacteria, which in order produce tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) such problems in diseases. All of them are long-lived toxins and can cause some very bad results.

The kid could have had a reaction to any of them, or to the adjuvant used. Daptacel, the most frequently used product for infants and brats, contains no active microorganisms and the adjuvant is the most common one used in vaccines currently, Aluminum Phosphate. The product package insert (PPI) is at https://www.vaccineshoppe.com/image.cfm?doc_id=11179&image_type=product_pdf and lists several different side-effects which are found.
April 06, 2012
I hate the anti-vax moo bitches. The Wolf has a congenital immune deficiency and I can't tell you how many times she has caught something from some no vax brat that had caught something and gave it to her. Any bitch that won't vaccinate her kids should be cited for child endangerment...no vaccine can be as bad as some of the things their brats can catch not being vaccinated. I saw an ad on TV for a whooping cough vaccine for parents...how about the loaf?!. Back when I was a kid--actually more like a toadler when I was adopted--my parents got me the DPT series that was commonly administered...diptheria, pertussis (whooping cough) and tetanus. I wasn't asked, my mom took me in and I yelled and all but I got the shots anyway and dealt with a sore arm for a few days.

I am calling BS about the whole SIDS story. If the kid was posturing (with the arched back and screaming like that), I would have taken it to the emergency room just to make sure. Idiots like this carry on about lu-u-u-u-urving their kyd but can't be arsed to get emergency care. And I noticed that the post and the effects of the loaf's death are (as always) ALL ABOUT MO-O-O-O-O-O--OO! Not saying that a child's death isn't necessarily tragic, but the child died, not the Moo!
April 06, 2012
Cambion
I can assure you that death from vaccination is neither quick nor painless. I helplessly watched my daughter suffer an excruciatingly slow death as she screamed and arched her back in pain, while the vaccine did as it was intended to do and assaulted her immature immune system. The poisons used as preservatives seeped through her tiny
body, overwhelming her vital organs one by one until they collapsed.

And how by chance does she know this? Did her daughter actually speak and tell her she was in pain? Babies who are not in even the slightest pain will screech bloody murder for no fucking reason. And really, the vaccine assaulted her immune system and the "poisons" overwhelmed her organs? Did you dissect her and watch all of this unfold? Are you a doctor, Moo?

She 'helplessly watched' and didn't think of calling 911?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login