Posted by khan 
Anonymous User
Re: Trip the sprog
April 23, 2012
Not yet, but it's on my bucket list
Anonymous User
April 23, 2012
No, and I would never trip a kid intentionally. I'd feel really bad if they got hurt.
April 24, 2012
Anyone or anything that comes up fast behind me will be in a world of pain...it has happened before and it will happen again.
April 24, 2012
SlumSlut
How does that work exactly? If you were on the outside and the door opened out, you would have to be pulling on it and the kid pulling on it wouldn't have gotten any backward leverage when you let go because the door frame would be stabilizing the forces applied in that direction. Likewise, if the door opened INTO the room, the kid would have to be pushing on it to keep it closed, while you were pulling, and letting go would not send the kid flying in the opposite direction from whence it was pushing.

The physics of the situation do not agree with the scenario you just described. Would you please explain it to us? I have a degree in chemistry, and chemists and physicists are notorious for not being able to understand the other's area of specialty. I want to learn.

I think she's inside the room and the door should be pulled to open, so the brat on the other side of the door must also pull the door with equal force in order to keep her inside the room. that way, each of them pull the handle and each giving F amount of force in opposite direction making a total of zero force combined.
when she release the handle and stop pulling, suddenly the force resultant isn't zero anymore; F amount of brat's pulling force sends the brat flying away from door because acceleration= F / mass of brat happens. door frame doesn't entirely damp the force; the energy is eventually transferred back to brat's body.

worse case is when the brat pulling the door handle out of its place.
April 24, 2012
felisdomestica
SlumSlut
How does that work exactly? If you were on the outside and the door opened out, you would have to be pulling on it and the kid pulling on it wouldn't have gotten any backward leverage when you let go because the door frame would be stabilizing the forces applied in that direction. Likewise, if the door opened INTO the room, the kid would have to be pushing on it to keep it closed, while you were pulling, and letting go would not send the kid flying in the opposite direction from whence it was pushing.

The physics of the situation do not agree with the scenario you just described. Would you please explain it to us? I have a degree in chemistry, and chemists and physicists are notorious for not being able to understand the other's area of specialty. I want to learn.

I think she's inside the room and the door should be pulled to open, so the brat on the other side of the door must also pull the door with equal force in order to keep her inside the room. that way, each of them pull the handle and each giving F amount of force in opposite direction making a total of zero force combined.
when she release the handle and stop pulling, suddenly the force resultant isn't zero anymore; F amount of brat's pulling force sends the brat flying away from door because acceleration= F / mass of brat happens. door frame doesn't entirely damp the force; the energy is eventually transferred back to brat's body.

worse case is when the brat pulling the door handle out of its place.

But the original story says that the brat was trying to shut the other person out of the room, which requires pushing to keep the door closed, not pulling to keep the door open. The way you explain it also does not make sense because if they were both pulling on it, the door jamb would absorb the forces in the direction the brat would be pulling. Try it yourself sometime, you will see what i mean. The only way this would make sense is if it involved a swinging door, but things don't usually play out this way with swinging doors.

bullshit story
Anyway, one of them led me to the playroom and promptly shut the door behind herself, giggling at how clever she must be to shut me out of the room. I try to open the door, and of course, she is holding the handle from the other side. I play along for a minute and play tug-of-war with the doorknob, then let go. I hear a *thump* and a wail, so the Shitleigh definitely went flying

^^
I understand the physics of it all. I was being sarcastic. I don't believe the original story referenced in the above quotes because it does not make sense.

Or to put it another way: i think the person who wrote that made up the story.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
April 24, 2012
SlumSlut
"But the original story says that the brat was trying to shut the other person out of the room, which requires pushing to keep the door closed, not pulling to keep the door open"

I understand the physics of it all. I was being sarcastic. I don't believe the original story referenced in the above quotes because it does not make sense.

gee, I missed that detail on the original poster's story. guess my mind automatically made up more some realistic scenario to cope with that 'off' part of the story.
get carried too deep by the physics, though.
April 24, 2012
The story makes sense.

The brat pulled the door shut, trekknits tried to open it. Likely she did succeed in partially opening the door, but not enough to actually get through, because the brat kept pulling on it, trying to shut it again. She got tired of trying to get the door open, so she let go. The partially-open door slammed shut, the kid went flying.

You seem like you've been in a really bad mood lately. Sorry if you're having a bad day, I hope it gets better.
April 24, 2012
I was a waitress for a few years in college. One of my biggest pet peeves was the brats running around underfoot while I was trying to do my job (because YOU KNOW it would have been my fault if I had dropped a tray on one of them). So when I am in a restaurant and I see feral brats running around, I casually stick my leg out from under the table a little bit, and whatever happens, happens. And it's happened a few times.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
April 24, 2012
marco polo
The story makes sense.

The brat pulled the door shut, trekknits tried to open it. Likely she did succeed in partially opening the door, but not enough to actually get through, because the brat kept pulling on it, trying to shut it again. She got tired of trying to get the door open, so she let go. The partially-open door slammed shut, the kid went flying.

You seem like you've been in a really bad mood lately. Sorry if you're having a bad day, I hope it gets better.

You weren't even there. Why doesn't the person who wrote the story come and explain it to me instead?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login