Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Country Music

Posted by toomanybrats 
Country Music
October 14, 2012
How you ever noticed how breederific many country songs are? Some of them practically ooze life-script bullshit.
Re: Country Music
October 14, 2012
I enjoy country music every once in a great while. I ignore the life script songs and that's 90% of them. What I enjoy are the cheating, drinking and fighting songs. I know that doesn't say much for my intelligence.
October 14, 2012
satansbitch
I enjoy country music every once in a great while. I ignore the life script songs and that's 90% of them. What I enjoy are the cheating, drinking and fighting songs. I know that doesn't say much for my intelligence.

Then we can be dumb together, cuz I feel the same waygrinning smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
October 14, 2012
drake
satansbitch

Garth Brooks anyone? How about Gretchen Wilson? Or maybe Blackhawk, Miranda Lambert, Rodney Atkins, or Clay Walker?

I can't believe I'm admitting to any of this.
October 14, 2012
satansbitch
drake
satansbitch

Garth Brooks anyone? How about Gretchen Wilson? Or maybe Blackhawk, Miranda Lambert, Rodney Atkins, or Clay Walker?

I can't believe I'm admitting to any of this.

There might be therapy for us SB, I'll have to look into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
October 14, 2012
The co-worker I now commute with plays country on her car radio. Yah, it's definitely a bunch of references to kydz, grandkydz and marriage.
October 14, 2012
There is some great country music out there - you just have to be picky:

http://vimeo.com/8716214 - this one is a favorite, kind of explains a lot about me and what I do career and volunteer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSOOBQB6I0&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CoCZnyUyRz-LkNMD8OMgBi bleed red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLntFKtR66g A little breederific but a song about the effect of the war and peace

Today's country music is the shits - I prefer the older type, like Jimmie Rodgers.
October 14, 2012
rudegubmintworker
The co-worker I now commute with plays country on her car radio. Yah, it's definitely a bunch of references to kydz, grandkydz and marriage.

Maybe that genre of music can be called cunty not country lmfao
Anonymous User
October 14, 2012
toomanybrats
How you ever noticed how breederific many country songs are? Some of them practically ooze life-script bullshit.

This instantly reminds me of this really terrible country song that was out about seven years ago called Mr. Mom; the lyrics mention stuff like crayons in the dryer and watching Barney 50 billion times. I don't remember the name of the group, but I think they also sang that sappy-ass "I'm Already There" song that was played many times during the aftermath of 9/11.
October 14, 2012
randy johnson's mullet
toomanybrats

This instantly reminds me of this really terrible country song that was out about seven years ago called Mr. Mom; the lyrics mention stuff like crayons in the dryer and watching Barney 50 billion times. I don't remember the name of the group, but I think they also sang that sappy-ass "I'm Already There" song that was played many times during the aftermath of 9/11.

Mr. Mom ( video and lyrics)
October 14, 2012
Snark Shark
I like OLD country!

Johhnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Hank Jr! grinning smiley

Don Williams

I don't damn the entire modern genre. There are a few current artists I enjoy. You just have to be picky - as in any genre.
October 14, 2012
toomanybrats

I love country music, but I get what you are saying. Some of the songs (yes I'm talking to you Mr. Zac Brown Band's "see the love in a mother's eyes feel the love of a precious child" breederific bullshit) embody that completly. But I still love the music...if I love the song sounds I will ignore the lyrics. Glimmer of hope: from her interviews, I am thinking that Miranda Lambert is CF.
Anonymous User
October 14, 2012
I enjoy country music, but tend to skip the breederific god bothering crap. Australian country is not quite as bad for it though.
October 14, 2012
Snark Shark
I like OLD country!

Johhnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Hank Jr! grinning smiley

I like Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Hank Sr., and George Jones, with Patsy being my favorite. Most of this new country I don't care much for especially the ones whining about the woman left and took the kids and all that shit.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 14, 2012
Kim-
I totally agree with you about the 'new country' crap. Classics are called classics for a reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~
October 14, 2012
Anyone remember Harper Valley PTA - Jeannie C Riley?? LMFAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZPBUu7Fro
October 14, 2012
I like old school country. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, stuff like that.

I would rather stab myself in the ear with an icepick than listen to any newer stuff. Sorry if there are any fans of that here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
October 14, 2012
Dingo8YourBaby
I like old school country. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, stuff like that.

I would rather stab myself in the ear with an icepick than listen to any newer stuff. Sorry if there are any fans of that here.

Worse yet, some of this crap is going to end up in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Seems that the people who vote do not want any european, female, or progressive rock bands in and being breederific, this will get in.
October 14, 2012
You know what irritates the hell out of me? The fact that the band Chicago is not in that POS Hall of Fame. All sorts of other crappy bands are there like Guns N' Roses (fuck them, I HATE G&R.) I call BULLSHIT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
October 15, 2012
No offense here, I'm not a fan of country music. Blech. I prefer rock but even classic rock isn't too bad. Easier on my ears.

lab mom
October 15, 2012
Just about every genre of music has its breederific songs. One either enjoys the tune and ignores the lyrics, or makes a wide detour around that crap.

At least country music isn't generally played in stores. If I have to hear 'Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman' I start to feel stabby.
October 15, 2012
selidororous
Today's country music is the shits - I prefer the older type, like Jimmie Rodgers.

When Kid Rock, Big n Rich and Taylor Swift are considered "country", then the genre is truly dead.

I actually like Kid Rock's first stuff-"I Am the Bullgod" is a tribute to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet
October 15, 2012
kidlesskim
Loretta Lynn

Loretta, having become a mother at 16, had good reason to write a song that celebrated birth control: The Pill
October 15, 2012
Two vomit-worthy gems that come to mind:

The gagging "My Daughter's Eyes"

and

Some piece of total crap that keeps refering to a "sippy cup:.

Both makes my ears bleed, my heart ache for what Johnny Cash must be feeling to watch the demise of country music, and my hand pounce for the channel button.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login