My co-worker's joy and my silent disapproval
March 06, 2013
I just overheard my co-worker who sits a few feet from me take a phone call. I could tell from the conversation and his thrilled reaction that his grown child is having another baby, the third in a few years. My co-worker is grinning ear to ear, and other co-workers have begun to coo their congratulations.
I do not congratulate people for adding to the environmental strain on the world. I strongly believe that any person having more than one child is immoral at this point of overpopulation and environmental degradation.
Why don't people think of the bigger picture of how their life choices affect the world?
Parents call childfree people selfish, but what is less selfish than leaving natural resources for breeders and their families by refraining from creating another consumer?
Re: My co-worker's joy and my silent disapproval
March 06, 2013
A third kid? Wow, they've mastered the art of fucking. But I feel for you. When I hear someone is brewing a loaf, my mouth may say "That's wonderful!" or "Congratulations!" depending on social circumstances. But my brain is moaning, "Jeez, who gives a shit?"

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Dreamlife

I share your sentiment. I'm so tired of hearng about the next baby from family and co-workers and I also think, "God, we have enough people in this world!" I've become very resentful of the fact that I can't seem to go hardly anywhere where there isn't some obnoxious asshole taking up space. I try to do my part to be responsible and respectful, but it really makes me sad and angry when I'm forced to be around people that don't care about anyone or anything but themselves. I've become a snob in the sense that I only want to be around certain people (if I can't be alone) and the less people I have to interact with the better.
March 06, 2013
Ugh! I feel for you dreamlife! It's hard not to roll my eyes and sigh every time I hear someone's with loaf. It can get so tiring, having to congratulate breeders for doing something a cockroach can do.

ITA about CF people leaving more resources for greedy breeders to suck up. They are takers, we are the ones with discretion, the ones who can see the bigger picture. We don't expect to be congratulated for making a wise, conscious decision NOT to add to the world's problems. Why should we congratulate them for screwing without birth control and causing overpopulation?
March 06, 2013
Exactly. If 2 stray cats can do it under the porch, then a human fertilizing and incubating a kid is not that special. Yet so many who call for doing something about the the cat over-population see no problem with breeding and breeding and breeding themselves. Awwww, it's a new life! But each new person on this planet is always going to take up way more resources than several litters of cats. Not to mention that mother cats typically teach and discipline their offspring, as opposed to so many entitle-parents who do not.
March 07, 2013
That ear to ear beaming grin people get when their adult children have fucked without birth control disgusts me. What is there to be proud about? This is nothing more than self replicant celebration, "YAY! There's another mini-me gracing the globe with it's presence!"sarcastic clapping

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 07, 2013
It will be even better when they Office-Email-Spam everyone with the birth announcement and disgusting photo of the "little purple blob with knit hat and tiny diaper." NOT.

ETA: I can't even say the "congrats" words anymore to these self-replicators. It's like my whole being just refuses to play that game. Mostly I just try to keep my face even (it's hard), nod, and make the attempt to say something that isn't too offensive like "uh huh, yeah, okay."

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem

March 07, 2013
I have also not congratulated a breeder for getting pregnant (or pregnant -by-proxy) in decades.
Considering all of the neglected children in the world, squatting out an additional one instead of taking care of one that is already on the planet is repulsive.
If these breeders really cared about kids, they would take care of one that is already here.
March 07, 2013
Ideal anonymous gift to leave such a coworker: a book about reducing one's carbon footprint...
It's hard to bite your tongue listening to the latest office celebrity lording her soon to be moo status around for all to hear. The other office moo's all congratulating, sympathising and encouraging stories about swollen this and morning puke that. Then finally they're gone to finish baking it and to squeeze it out only then they bring the loaf into work to show off their pweshus wittle turd for more rounds of congratulations and attention whoring.

The only relief is when the moo is back to work, exhausted and depressed and all the moo's who previously lavished their affections don't give a shit, it's all over now, you're just another moo like the rest now, you've been fooled, shut up and suck it up. And only a few weeks later it all starts again, another new moo and the people factory keeps on pumping out units, clogging up the planet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login