Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tard stories

Posted by Cambion 
Anonymous User
Re: Tard stories
July 02, 2013
I don't know if this counts as a Tard story... but it gave me the absolute creeps.

A little bit ago I had a patient that had, I guess for all intents and purposes, 'self-tarded'. The patient was in a pretty young (late 20's to early 30's) and had been rendered with a self awareness level slightly higher than a potato. I guess he had the wonderful idea to mix a bunch of drugs together and slam them all into his veins. This caused him to overdose and that lead to various complications resulting in a severe anoxic brain injury. This guy was in bad shape - no bowel or bladder control, was immobile (though he could jerk and flail a bit), and outside of grunts, shrieks and groans- was nonverbal. When I was assigned him as a patient he had been in that state for about a year.

He actually was a pretty good patient - at least for me - I guess that during his procedure though he had explosive diarrhea all over the procedure room and the cheeky senior nursing staff made the residents do code brown duty (I have never seen such sad looking residents in my life).

Anyway, the guy had been really quiet and relaxed the whole time after the procedure, not to many groans or jerky movements or anything. However, when we let the moo back - well lets just say I don't know if he liked that very much. She sat there by his bed talking to him in "baby talk" and when I was tending to other patients she would kiss him on the head and I would overhear her say stuff like "you're home with mother now". The moment she walked in he started making rapid eye movements and his heart rate monitor began dinging because his heart rate went up so much. Every time she would say something he would have like a mini 'freak out' of eye rolling, groaning and cardiac monitor dinging.

I didn't even know what to think about the whole thing, it freaked me out a fair bit... like the plot of a horror movie or something. He gets to be moomie dearests baby boy foreeeeveerrr. :goggle
July 02, 2013
swampshack
However, when we let the moo back - well lets just say I don't know if he liked that very much.

Damn, that almost sounds like if he was conscious of that shit on the inside. What if he thought like a full grown man, and then he gets to have his moo "baby" him? I'd be fucking grossed out and pissed off too.
Anonymous User
July 02, 2013
kookiecrisp
swampshack
However, when we let the moo back - well lets just say I don't know if he liked that very much.

Damn, that almost sounds like if he was conscious of that shit on the inside. What if he thought like a full grown man, and then he gets to have his moo "baby" him? I'd be fucking grossed out and pissed off too.

She's probably why he OD'd in the first place, judging from his unmistakeable reaction. He may be plum tarded, but something in there is like FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
July 02, 2013
I can't recall if someone on here told it, but wasn't there a story about a teen Awtard mainstreamed into regular school who used to whip out his wiener and pull his pud in class as fast as he could until a male teacher could intervene?confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 02, 2013
kidlesskim
I can't recall if someone on here told it, but wasn't there a story about a teen Awtard mainstreamed into regular school who used to whip out his wiener and pull his pud in class as fast as he could until a male teacher could intervene?confused smiley

But it's his and he can wash it as fast as he wants to! waving hellolarious

I have a story similar to Thom's. This was awhile back, and, God rest her soul, the girl has since died. But there was this teenager who went to a nearby high school who got this weird virus that was going around. Two people in her town actually died from it, but with her, the virus attacked her brain. In a few week's time, she went from being a pretty, popular cheerleader to a spastic tard who had to be strapped into a wheel chair. Her parents placed her in a nursing home in the town where I taught, and then enrolled her in our school! Since she was only 17, she was allowed to be there, but her "being there" consisted of having a full-time aid who pushed her around in a wheelchair from study hall to study hall. She was only in school for about two hours a week, as that was all she could handle. The aid would wheel her into my study hall, and all the girls in that study hall (many of whom knew her before the virus) would gather around, talk softly to her, and take turns petting her as she chirped, writhed, and moaned. I shared with the guidance counselor that I couldn't help but think that if that girl could realize not only what she had become but also how they were showing her around in her diminished state, how horrified she would be. The guidance counselor agreed, but our hands were tied. It was what the parents DEMANDED. Thankfully they didn't push it past the age of 18, because mentally handicapped kids are allowed to stay in school until they turn 21. I guess the parents figured minimal interaction was better than nothing, but still, it was heartbreaking.
July 03, 2013
gymrat
I have a story similar to Thom's. This was awhile back, and, God rest her soul, the girl has since died. But there was this teenager who went to a nearby high school who got this weird virus that was going around. Two people in her town actually died from it, but with her, the virus attacked her brain. In a few week's time, she went from being a pretty, popular cheerleader to a spastic tard who had to be strapped into a wheel chair. Her parents placed her in a nursing home in the town where I taught, and then enrolled her in our school! Since she was only 17, she was allowed to be there, but her "being there" consisted of having a full-time aid who pushed her around in a wheelchair from study hall to study hall. She was only in school for about two hours a week, as that was all she could handle. The aid would wheel her into my study hall, and all the girls in that study hall (many of whom knew her before the virus) would gather around, talk softly to her, and take turns petting her as she chirped, writhed, and moaned. I shared with the guidance counselor that I couldn't help but think that if that girl could realize not only what she had become but also how they were showing her around in her diminished state, how horrified she would be. The guidance counselor agreed, but our hands were tied. It was what the parents DEMANDED. Thankfully they didn't push it past the age of 18, because mentally handicapped kids are allowed to stay in school until they turn 21. I guess the parents figured minimal interaction was better than nothing, but still, it was heartbreaking.

No kidding. I actually have had people do the baby talk thing and pet me on the head like I was a puppy dog or something, and I can walk, talk and speak.
July 04, 2013
efsb
gymrat

No kidding. I actually have had people do the baby talk thing and pet me on the head like I was a puppy dog or something, and I can walk, talk and speak.
Why would they do that to you? Tell them to stop it! This girl had the mental capacity of a baby, so it was understandable.
July 04, 2013
Wow, that sounds fucked-up, gymrat. But from the perspective of illnesses in general, it sounds rather interesting. What kind of an easily-transmitted virus would fry someone's brain to the point of turning them into a retard, I wonder? Measles or meningitis, maybe? It's just not often I hear about someone who was normal that becomes a tard.
July 05, 2013
gymrat

But for the Grace of God go I. When I was 23 I came down with seven different viruses at one time. My case actually freaked out an ER nurse, and that isn't easy to do from what I understand.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 05, 2013
Gymrat, I’m totally blind, and apparrently some people think that means retarded too. Thankfully this is rare, and if somebody does try that with me, I put a stop to it. I should also add that the two people that did the baby talk thing were moos. No surprise there.
July 06, 2013
Cambion
Wow, that sounds fucked-up, gymrat. But from the perspective of illnesses in general, it sounds rather interesting. What kind of an easily-transmitted virus would fry someone's brain to the point of turning them into a retard, I wonder? Measles or meningitis, maybe? It's just not often I hear about someone who was normal that becomes a tard.
I don't know what the virus was. I just remember that two other people died from it, and it attacked this girl's heart and brain. It was about 15 years ago, but I'll ask some friends of mine who live in that town who would probably remember what happened and what exactly caused it.
July 06, 2013
gymrat
Cambion
I don't know what the virus was. I just remember that two other people died from it, and it attacked this girl's heart and brain. It was about 15 years ago, but I'll ask some friends of mine who live in that town who would probably remember what happened and what exactly caused it.

Sounds like meningitis. Poor girl.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
July 07, 2013
peace-n-quiet
gymrat
Cambion

Sounds like meningitis. Poor girl.

That's what it sounds like to me too! I recall seeing the effects of Meningitis on a kid I used to baby sit when I was a teen. He was as sweet, playful and smart as his older brother was an evil, hyper, sneaky little bastard. He was about 4 when he contracted it and he spent the better part of a month in the hospital teetering on the brink of death. He recovered and several months later they called me to baby sit again. That bright eyed little boy now had a vacuous stare with his pupils seeming bigger than before, he was all limp-like with little muscle control, and his rich for his age vocabulary was now little more than a few unintelligible words for the most part and grunts. The parents claimed he was supposed to "grow out" of the aftermath of Meningitis, but he never did. He had a difficult time all the way through elementary school, from what I saw and heard, and by the time he was in junior high school he was getting into trouble all the time and got on drugs and alcohol too.

Since I am distantly related to him by marriage I still hear stories and as far as I know his life remains in shambles with his having been in and out of jail for drug related offenses and numerous failed rehab attempts. I honestly believe the brain damage he sustained from that Meningitis ruined his life by making him a semi-tard, but with just enough wherewithal to realize he was fucked up but not quite enough of himself left to be able to actually rise above his disability. Having parents who bury their heads in the sand of denial probably didn't help him much. Even now they don't acknowledge the role his illness(and lack of appropriate therapy and counseling afterwards) had in his life preferring instead to blame it on his, "getting in with the wrong crowd". He's in his 30's now and he looks like someone with brain damage. I can't tell just how bad it is because the few times I have been around him he just sits in a corner staring off into space and seems to be in a world of his own.

Meningitis is a HORRIBLE infection and this new bacterial strain of it going around college campus' that's antibiotic resistant that's leaving young adults brain damaged and/or without arms and legs is especially horrific. Let's not forget it's contagious.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 21, 2013
Cambion
You know what the best part is about Spedley? He has a driver's license. Someone decided it would be a fabulous idea to let him have access to a vehicle at one point. From what I was told, he was normal when he was younger, but due to drug and alcohol use in his teens, he developed schizophrenia. I'm not sure if that's how schizophrenia actually works. Is it possible to develop a mental illness like that so much later in life?

And yes, not all mentally ill people are dangerous. Some are socially awkward, some need to take extra time to learn, some might need speech therapy. People with mild issues can often manage them with treatment and medication and can function just fine in normal society. But the dangerous retards? Aside from keeping shrinks and nut house staff employed, they serve no purpose. Often times they will never get better, they will never be able to be part of normal society because of their behavior, you can't arrest them because of their illness, and they pose a danger not only to others, but to themselves. On top of that, folks with more mild illnesses may have the capacities to realize that they do need medication for whatever is wrong, whereas retards often will not take medication because they feel they don't need it or they don't want to take evil government pills.

Maybe it makes me a mean bitch, but I think that for the very violent, incurable crazies, the best thing for them and for everyone else would be to line them all up in front of a firing squad and blow them all away. If an animal is violent or crazy, it gets put down. If a violent dog terrorizes the neighborhood, biting random people and killing other people's pets, it's not captured, rehabilitated and let back into the neighborhood. It gets killed, either via euthanasia or a pissed-off neighbor with a shotgun. The same should be done for humans who are way beyond help. Once they prove they cannot be helped and are too dangerous to be around others, why exactly do they need to be alive? All they're going to do is hurt others and themselves.

WTF, I have Schizotypal Disorder and I agree with you! I think they should stay in the loony bin though, but no, they have riggghhhtttsss (rights)!!!!!!!
July 21, 2013
nathanomir
I also call bullshit on the theory that drug use causes schizophrenia. It may damage parts of the brain and cause disorders that have similar symptoms, but they are not schizophrenia.

I'm schizotypal, the middle of the schizophrenic spectrum. I live in a delusional world, but I know it. I know it's a fantasy world. And I like it. My mother and my grandmother were also schizotypal (informal diagnosis of them made by me based on remembering their behavior and how similar it was to my own). None of us ever used drugs (okay, I have now and I'll get to that). At 85, my grandmother shifted into full blown schizophrenia -- she saw animals that were not there. So, ours is inherited. I'd bet good money on Spedley's being inherited, too, somehow. Possibly a bad gene that skipped generations.

Now, to the drugs. Back in April, DW and I visited a friend in Boulder, Colorado. Marijuana is legal up there, so I tried it. I took three puffs. Yes, I inhaled. That was the first night in a long time that I actually had a calm brain! No agoraphobia, no paranoia, no antisocial feelings. In fact, I became Mr. Extrovert. I wanted to go out and make everyone laugh. When I came down, I said "Fuck that shit! I never want to feel that happy and good natured again!" So, that's pot. It actually had the reverse effects. I can't speak for cocaine, heroin, LSD, meth, etc.

Hmm. Tard stories. Not too many. Both are church tards. Sigh, the joys of charismatic denominations that seem to attract people like that. One was named Micah (he was 16) and the other was Joseph (23-35?). Both did the same thing. If they saw me, they both ran up to me and grabbed me in a hug. Not a "good to see you, brother" type hug, but a bearhug. Damn they were strong! Joseph knocked a few of my ribs loose once. They, they started talking and never shut up until they saw someone else to go assault, I mean, hug. And I could only understand about half of their words and none of their logic. They also either had bad teeth or never brushed them because they had the worst breath ever. Two completely different churches but with guys who could have been related.

OH! I just remembered this one. I was working at Borders in Orlando, and was on lunch break. I finished eating and it was time to return to the floor. I opened the door to the office. It opened into the music section. Right outside the door, standing by the teeshirts were two teenagers who looked like rejects from Deliverance! Both had severe buck teeth, sunken chins, and dangerously empty eyes. They looked right at me as if to say "You have nice ears." I ducked back inside the office and sat down for ten minutes.

Your one of me!
Anonymous User
July 22, 2013
craftyzits
When I was 23 I came down with seven different viruses at one time. My case actually freaked out an ER nurse, and that isn't easy to do from what I understand.

Seven? That's just greedy!
July 22, 2013
Thank you Cambion, for hosting this thread. You are a much stronger person than I ever would be. I'm sorry you had to put up with that.
Here's my addition to your thread:
For roughly the last 20 years, I've come across a "supertard" named "Aaron". He's about 6'4" and about 250 pounds. His "speech" consists of guttural growls and occasional wailing. The reason I know his name is because his handler has to keep him under constant control. About 15 years ago, I was in the men's room at the now defunct mall in my area when ST started shaking the door of the toilet I was in. I then heard his all too familiar growls and wailings. Luckily, the door held, and eventually the handler came in and talked him out. His favorite haunts after the mall closed have been the library, the University, and a disability agency called "Caminar." He is also frequently on the bus.
Like your Florida based Baker Act, my state (California) has "5150 holds" (The Welfare And Institutions Code for Insanity).
July 22, 2013
Hehe, glad to see this topic is still going! smiling smiley

Another Spedley update. I mentioned he's out of the nut house he was in, but I found out yesterday that he is on even STRONGER medication than before. Because that sounds like a recipe for success: patient needs stronger meds, let them out of the psych hospital to go live with Mommy. Which means there's a possibility that Moo will stick him on a bus and send him here again just because he says he wants to go, and probably because she'll get sick of his ass real quick and will send him anywhere to get him out of her hair.

Thankfully since my mother refuses to have anything to do with him, I actually have been given the green light to call the police if his retarded ass shows up in the yard again.

Gods, this freak was already on some seriously heavy shit before (among them were tranquilizers so strong that he wouldn't even wake up to pee when his bladder was full), and the fact he requires stronger stuff leads me to believe he is getting worse. I wonder if he will reach a point where meds won't help him at all.
July 22, 2013
Cambion
Hehe, glad to see this topic is still going! smiling smiley

Another Spedley update. I mentioned he's out of the nut house he was in, but I found out yesterday that he is on even STRONGER medication than before. Because that sounds like a recipe for success: patient needs stronger meds, let them out of the psych hospital to go live with Mommy. Which means there's a possibility that Moo will stick him on a bus and send him here again just because he says he wants to go, and probably because she'll get sick of his ass real quick and will send him anywhere to get him out of her hair.

Thankfully since my mother refuses to have anything to do with him, I actually have been given the green light to call the police if his retarded ass shows up in the yard again.

Gods, this freak was already on some seriously heavy shit before (among them were tranquilizers so strong that he wouldn't even wake up to pee when his bladder was full), and the fact he requires stronger stuff leads me to believe he is getting worse. I wonder if he will reach a point where meds won't help him at all.

He already has!

Not even Haldol (my fav pill, green 5mg brand name) will help! In fact Haldol is STRONGER then Thorazine!

But back to topic at hand, have you ever told him on the phone when he calls and...I don't know what to call it, it's not talking, that's all I know...to FUCK OF!!!!!
Anonymous User
July 22, 2013
lillyprincess
Not even Haldol (my fav pill, green 5mg brand name) will help! In fact Haldol is STRONGER then Thorazine!

Haldol is stronger than Thorazine? Jesus Christ on a cracker, I've seen what Thorazine does to a person, I can't imagine what sort of jiggly mass of flesh Haldol could turn someone into. I've heard Thorazine being likened to as a near "chemical lobotomy", which is disturbing in it's own right.
July 22, 2013
simplyshortz
lillyprincess

Haldol is stronger than Thorazine? Jesus Christ on a cracker, I've seen what Thorazine does to a person, I can't imagine what sort of jiggly mass of flesh Haldol could turn someone into. I've heard Thorazine being likened to as a near "chemical lobotomy", which is disturbing in it's own right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haloperidol

If I am not misteken, Haldol blocks more reseptors in the brain then Thorazine and is more potent then Thorazine. But if the Good Little Schizo Boy had the long acting DePo Haldol injection once a month he MIGHT not be so bad, MIGHT.

And I think most of the, "chemical lobotomy," is mostly when used in an improper manner, I was on Risperdal (Risperidone 0.5mg) as a kid (heard voices after Dad died) and it made me more anxious, was not on it for long though. Risperdal is an Atypical AntiPsychotic though so...
July 22, 2013
It gives you the 'haldol shuffle'.

July 22, 2013
mumofsixbirds

Funny, I have only heard the term, "Thorazine shuffle."
July 22, 2013
mumofsixbirds

Extrapyramidal symptoms. Chronic use of anti psychotics can lead to Tardive Dyskensia. One of the worse things I've seen in the Emergency realm is Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome which is a life threatening reaction to neuroleptic medications.

Click here to login