Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-liar shit: "Why aren't you pronounced alive when your heart starts beating?"

Posted by Cambion 
I'm not sure if this image will be visible, but here goes:

Stupid pro-life shit

If it's not visible, it's a photo of a loaf with the caption: "If you're pronounced dead when your heart stops beating, why aren't you pronounced alive when your heart starts beating?" And then "Fetal heartbeat begins 18 days after conception."

This was on Fakebook, and I didn't respond because my ex's dumbass girlfriend posted it and I don't need to incur the wrath of breederific welfare apes. But first of all, if I am not mistaken, no one is pronounced dead just because their heart stops. When a person experiences a cardiac issue that stops their heart, I think it means they have "coded" and require a few shocks with defibrillator paddles. I think it's only after life-saving measures have been used and the person does not come back that they are pronounced dead.

Second of all, a beating heart is not the only thing that makes a living thing. There are brain dead comatose pants-shitting people in every hospital whose hearts are beating. That doesn't mean they NEED to be alive. We stop beating hearts every fucking day when we step on bugs, swat flies, put animals to sleep, hunt deer, catch fish, and so on. Human hearts aren't that special.

And third of all, if someone or something has chosen my body as its home, they will live by my rules. That includes me evicting them by any way I see fit. I will not let a tapeworm live in my body just because it has a heartbeat. I will not let maggots live in a necrosed wound in my leg because they are alive. I sure as fuck will not let a fetus suck nutrients out of me just because bawww it has a heartbeat. If a fully grown adult was somehow living in my body, I would kill them too if they refused to vacate on their own.
Even extracted heart tissue connected to nothing beats. Living tissue =/ living person.
juliewashere88
Even extracted heart tissue connected to nothing beats. Living tissue =/ living person.

Exactly.
Also, you are pronunced dead when your brain stops working. Pro-liars never get their facts straight.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
t.
juliewashere88

Exactly.
Also, you are pronunced dead when your brain stops working. Pro-liars never get their facts straight.

Probably because their own brains never really worked.
Where exactly do they get their "fact" that the heart starts beating 18 days from conception?

That just sounds like bullshit right there...
juniper jupiter
Where exactly do they get their "fact" that the heart starts beating 18 days from conception?

Supposedly a fetal heartbeat can be detected exactly eighteen days after conception. What the pro liars fail to realize is that the heartbeat they think can be detected is not reliable. In one case the supposed heartbeat turned out to be a tumor in the uterus.

Keep in mind this answer is brought to you by someone trying to make sense of fundy science and never cared for the topic unless it was to prove pro liars full of shit.
satansbitch
juniper jupiter

Supposedly a fetal heartbeat can be detected exactly eighteen days after conception. What the pro liars fail to realize is that the heartbeat they think can be detected is not reliable. In one case the supposed heartbeat turned out to be a tumor in the uterus.

Keep in mind this answer is brought to you by someone trying to make sense of fundy science and never cared for the topic unless it was to prove pro liars full of shit.

My MIL is an RN and believes this BS (and she's Catholic, too). She also believes the Plan B pill is an abortion pill because it kills a fetus (sigh...goddammit). I've tried to explain to her that it intercepts and kills the sperm BEFORE it even makes contact with the egg, (BEFORE conception...which she's convinced is sex, not the few days after...>< ). My husband told me later that there is no sense arguing with her...she's intentionally ignorant.
From what little science I know, at 18 days, the conjoined egg-sperm is still a bunch of nondescript cells (zygote). How can a heart that doesn't exist beat? Typical pro-liar ignorance and fear mongering.
But Tex-ass is using this to eliminate abortion; heartbeat can only be detected by the ultrasound rape. Abdominal ultrasound cannot detect it, nor can a doc with a stethoscope. However, since the transvag picks it up, it means it is alive and therefore protected.

I call bullshit. A cancerous tumor has circulation too. It does not mean it can live once severed from its host.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Using their own claim that there isn't a heart beat until 18 days after conception, then they shouldn't be claiming the birth control pill is an abortifacient. If it isn't "alive" until the 18th day, then what is there to "abort" before then? They are also saying life doesn't begin at conception by making this claim, which is the cornerstone of their stance against abortion. Not only that, but that would make the use of the "Morning after" pill okay. In addition, if pregnancy tests are sensitive enough to detect pregnancy by the 18th day, and many of them are even now, and an aspiration abortion could be made safe to perform by the 3rd week, then they should be OKAY with abortions up until that point. Is that the message they are conveying?confused smiley

As it is now, most women don't realize they are knocked up that soon AND most doctors say there's a risk of an incomplete abortion before the 6th week of inpigness. If those two variables could be corrected, ie: Much earlier detection and effective abortions up to that point possible, then does that mean pro-lifers would be okay with abortion? No, as usual they didn't put much thought into those claims.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
But since when have they ever made sense....

Yeah, this takes the wind out of their sails on that, but the heartbeat=personhood is another animal.

I argue that the cells are alive before conception in order to make da baybeez. So any man having non-procreational sex or even jacking off is a mass murderer. (They hate that, btw.)

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
My thigh has a fully formed face and body on it, and when I flex my muscles a certain way it looks like it is moving. When I do too many squats it also starts spasming uncontrollably and it looks like it had a heartbeat.
So does that mean my tattoo should be considered a person? Does it have rights and get to vote once it turns 18 and shit? Can I give it beer when it turns 21 (because it is always "begging" me for some)? If it gets scratched can my tattoo have me arrested for assault?

breederific welfare apes

waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login