Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lying about food allergies?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Lying about food allergies?
September 12, 2013
Stupid excuse.

Ok, real food allergies are serious issues. Take me--if I eat nuts, I go into anaphylactic shock. Why the hell would you lie about this because you don't want your kyd eating "processed foods?"
Re: Lying about food allergies?
September 12, 2013
If she thinks that what she's doing is A-OK, then why does she feel the need to keep ETA, ETA trying to justify it?

What a control freak! A small snack on occasion (can't possibly be someone's birthday at school every day) WILL NOT hurt him! Man, let him be a kid a bit, why don't you? I happen to take offense to her "I don't know if the homes the food comes from are clean enough" and I'm not even a parent!

If she's this obsessive now, can you imagine how she's gonna be when he's a teenager? LMAO!

Loving how everyone is calling her out in the comments winking smiley
September 12, 2013
What a cunt. When that kid is a teenager, he's going to be eating LOTS of junk filled with gluten behind her back. Wait...that sounds a little familiar? bouncing and laughing

As a server, I hate when people lie about allergies. It makes me hard to take those with a legitimate one seriously. I remember when I waited on this family, this little teen-twunt told me she was allergic to carrots and to not put them on her salad. As I walked away, I heard her say, "I'm not really allergic. I just don't like them." I turned around, looked her right in the eye and gave an evil smirk. She looked like the deer-in-headlights.

Back to the original story, I don't know if this woman's son is going to eat a bunch of shit behind her back one day, or turn into a high-maintenance wuss.
Anonymous User
September 12, 2013
Who would be allergic to carrots anyway? Did you say anything to her?
September 13, 2013
Pretty sure that lying moo's son has had a shitload of glutens already. smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
September 13, 2013
ihateshriekers
Ok, real food allergies are serious issues. Take me--if I eat nuts, I go into anaphylactic shock. Why the hell would you lie about this because you don't want your kyd eating "processed foods?"

Same as, I have to carry 2 epi pens at all times in case of emergencies and have told my friends/family how to administer them if ever they need to. It really FUCKS me off when people lie about having food allergies as it makes the legitimate people like you and I look like bad people.

I know it sounds evil, but having gone into anaphylatic shock myself and the misery endured with adrenaline shots in my arse, being on a ventilator and hooked up to various other machines I'd actually love for one of these lying cunts to have to endure that for several hours. They'd soon shut up when they realise just how frightening it can be when you do go into anaphylatic shock and how careful you have to be avoid any triggers once you know you have this reaction.
September 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure the kid has had eggs and gluten more than once in his life. If I ever had a moo tell me that crap I'd take the spawn to McDonald's. It would be worth the price of a happy meal to piss her off.

Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia, paranoid. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. They're all out to get me they're all out to get me, so are you. So are you. (Sung to the tune of Frere Jaques.)
Anonymous User
September 13, 2013
Terrierist, I know what you mean. I went into shock only once, but it was absolutely terrifying. The ER doctor said if I'd come in 20 minutes later, I would have died.
September 13, 2013
Some of you have realized the same thing I've long suspected, which is that many claims of "allergies" are simply made-up bullshit for attention whoring.

If someone, adult or kyd, claims to be allergic to peanuts or whatever food you like or want to have, ask him/her, "Do you keep an epi-pen on you?" If the answer is no, then that strongly suggests the allergy claim is bogus.

But this has to be said: in a few cases it might not be that person's fault for claiming an allergy. I know of someone whose parents would not allow her to have a pet as a kid because—they claimed—she was "allergic" to cats and dogs. It was simply a lie to prevent her from wanting pets, she believed later, when she discovered as an adult that she had no such allergies or any reaction at all to cats and dogs.
September 13, 2013
ihateshriekers
Who would be allergic to carrots anyway? Did you say anything to her?

I never heard of a carrot allergy, and had a feeling it was bullshit. I did not say anything to her, but in the future I will use kman's line of asking if they carry an epi-pen.

I also have a regular customer that really is allergic to gluten. He never makes a fuss, and just orders his usual grilled chicken over a mesculin salad. No hysterics, no drama, no "I will grow very ill in your restaurant!" He told me once and just explained that it was the reason he brought his own bread. That's how you can tell someone has a legitimate allergy.
September 13, 2013
juniper jupiter
Pretty sure that lying moo's son has had a shitload of glutens already. smile rolling left righteyes2

You betcha.

This totally pisses me off, as I have celiac, and I will get sick if given gluten, even a small quantity. I swear to God these moos invent these food allergies for attention, especially when the kyds start getting past cute baybee stage so they have to find other ways to get udder rubs, that is unless they spit out another loaf quickly.

I get that processed food isn't healthy and you wouldn't want to have it as your child's staple diet, but this is serious control freakery of the highest order. Reminds me of my parents when I was little not liking me eating at friends houses that had pets, because they thought pet owners didn't have clean homes! To be fair that was mainly my dad's doing, and he's still like that now, won't even have a cup of tea in my house or sit on my sofas because I have a dog.

Of course, I ate at my friends' houses who had pets. And I didn't die or get food poisoning, so I figured early doors that my parents weren't right about everything, and that they had some strange beliefs about stuff sometimes but it was best just to humour them and not tell them you had the Ribena and biscuits. You bet your life this kyd is doing the same.
September 13, 2013
kman
If someone, adult or kyd, claims to be allergic to peanuts or whatever food you like or want to have, ask him/her, "Do you keep an epi-pen on you?" If the answer is no, then that strongly suggests the allergy claim is bogus.

Not necessarily, as there are different levels of severity in allergies. I have allergic reactions to several things which are not severe enough to require an epi-pen, but which are still clearly histamine reactions: swelling throat, itching eyes, sneezing, and difficulty breathing. As you can imagine, I prefer to avoid things which have this effect on me, although I don't worry about dying as a result of exposure. Some of these things I learned about the hard way, but some I'm aware of as a result of allergy tests. Many of the things I'm allergic to I enjoy the taste of, and it's annoying to have the allergies.

I'm always careful to distinguish between food I dislike and food I'm allergic to, of course. I will eat the former even if I don't want to, and I won't eat the latter even if I do want to.
September 13, 2013
I know someone who lies about having food allergies - she is in her 40's but tries her hardest to look like she is 11 or 12 years old and wears clothes of that age group, too. Oh, and she wears braces too - for over 20 years now. On the surface it looks like a case of anorexia - says she cannot have any dairy foods, pasta, or other grain-based carbs. I have seen her eat a very small iceberg lettuce salad with a few tiny pieces of tuna in it, but nothing else. She lives with her mother (who sounds very controlling) too. Is she trying to remain abnormally thin and "youthful" for a mother who desires her daughter to always be a little girl? Maybe.
September 14, 2013
I suppose allergies are like any other health issue or disability. All breeders see are the "benefits" of being able to decline a particular food with no questions asked, just like all they see with autism is an excuse to let your kid behave like the uncontrolled brat it is in public. And, as always, it is the real sufferers who are trying to find a way to accommodate their problems without being perceived as jerks who lose out due to increasing skepticism about the condition. If the poorer breeders didn't get public assistance, I have no doubt that they'd send their children out to beg on street corners after making them look like they have lost limbs. There is never any compassion or empathy for the person who has the problem, only the calculation of what the condition is "worth."

Which means that we need a word like 'autard' for allergic, to distinguish people who have allergies and realize the world won't bend over backwards for them from those who either don't have allergies or who go into great histrionics and expect everybody to accommodate them. This way, people who have allergies who aren't drama whores will know they aren't the ones being talked about. The moo who expected her entire block to stop eating peanuts because of her child's allergy is this-word-yet-to-be-coined, even though her child may legitimately be allergic. The person who crosses the street to avoid someone walking a dog is allergic. The person who doesn't eat carrots is also this-word-yet-to-be-coined.

I'm not great at coining expressions so maybe someone else can help. So far all I've got is aliargic (a liar +gic).
Anonymous User
September 14, 2013
yurble
I suppose allergies are like any other health issue or disability. All breeders see are the "benefits" of being able to decline a particular food with no questions asked, just like all they see with autism is an excuse to let your kid behave like the uncontrolled brat it is in public. And, as always, it is the real sufferers who are trying to find a way to accommodate their problems without being perceived as jerks who lose out due to increasing skepticism about the condition. If the poorer breeders didn't get public assistance, I have no doubt that they'd send their children out to beg on street corners after making them look like they have lost limbs. There is never any compassion or empathy for the person who has the problem, only the calculation of what the condition is "worth."

Which means that we need a word like 'autard' for allergic, to distinguish people who have allergies and realize the world won't bend over backwards for them from those who either don't have allergies or who go into great histrionics and expect everybody to accommodate them. This way, people who have allergies who aren't drama whores will know they aren't the ones being talked about. The moo who expected her entire block to stop eating peanuts because of her child's allergy is this-word-yet-to-be-coined, even though her child may legitimately be allergic. The person who crosses the street to avoid someone walking a dog is allergic. The person who doesn't eat carrots is also this-word-yet-to-be-coined.

I'm not great at coining expressions so maybe someone else can help. So far all I've got is aliargic (a liar +gic).

It's a bit of a work in progress but perhaps, bullshitic? :BS
September 14, 2013
Snark Shark
"Which means that we need a word like 'autard' for allergic, to distinguish people who have allergies and realize the world won't bend over backwards for them from those who either don't have allergies or who go into great histrionics and expect everybody to accommodate them."

Allergitard! grinning smiley

Sounds more like a gate agent for a low cost breeder airline...

Yurble, you are correct about degrees of allergy, but my comments about allergies being potentially bogus sans epi-pen are aimed at those who make a huge massive deal about their supposed "severe food allergies" to everyone else. Sounds as if you don't, and you responsibly monitor your own surroundings, instead of yelling loudly for others to do it as the people I'm talking about want to do. But I think you understood that. smiling smiley

Now, for the new word(s), how about "allergidrama" (name of action) and "allergidramatic" (name of person engaging in that action)? "Sally was causing so much allergidrama by yelling to my mom at Thanksgiving dinner how she couldn't eat much of mom's cooking because she's allergic to gluten. But she ate biscuits and breaded fried chicken yesterday at KFC. She's such an allergidramatic."
September 14, 2013
I would use 'allerbitch' for someone who lies about having food allergies. bouncing and laughing

ETA: How about 'allergicunt'?
September 14, 2013
mumofsixbirds
I would use 'allerbitch' for someone who lies about having food allergies. bouncing and laughing

ETA: How about 'allergicunt'?

"Allergitwat"?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

September 15, 2013
Both allergicunt and allergitwat are good I think, but bullshitic is perhaps more neutral... ò.ò

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login