Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Big Rat is ebil to flappers

Posted by aliceblue 
Re: The Big Rat is ebil to flappers
November 26, 2013
Shiny
If you get 'overwhelmed easily', then how about stay AWAY from a goddamn tourist's trap? I for one hate crowds and heat, but I still love to go to Universal/IOA during non-peak times and I have a lot of fun. I certainly wouldn't show up there and then bitch at the park staff for not making me feel special and ruining everyone else's fun time.

I used to live in Fullerton, California, so close to Disneyland in Anaheim that the evening fireworks made my dogs bark. But the best visit I ever had there was one November when my Kid Brother brought his stepsons and wife from Tucson for a visit. We took a day off work and took them to Disneyland on a Tuesday. In November. As it happened, the weather was beautiful, and the park was nearly deserted. We had it virtually to ourselves. It was glorious.
November 26, 2013
cfchevygirl
Aren't autism parunts always saying that their chyldren have "sensory issues" and sensitivities? Wouldn't an amusement park -- with crowds, loud noises, lights, etc -- be just about the worst place in the world to take an autistic person?

Of course it would. But then Moo wouldn't get to go to the amusement park. You're not thinking about the problem correctly.
Re: Mooooooo autards no longer allowed to cut lines at disney world/land
November 26, 2013
cats_instead
alana
Sounds like Disney will still have their fastpass system, meaning that these parents can still get a ticket for a ride that allows them to come back at a certain time and jump to the front of the line. The difference here is that anyone can do it, and it means these idiots will have to do a bit planning. But yeah, how dare they not be able to jump to the front of any line on a whim. How dare they be treated like everyone else. I'm sure they could turn this into a teachable moment for their brats if they ever pulled their heads out of their asses.

THIS is an excellent point! I'd forgotten about FastPass!
What the hell is wrong with these morons? If Tardley starts flailing and foaming at the mouth when it can't be unleashed immediately on to any ride they approach, there is no reason in the world why part of its entourage can't sneak over while the autard is distracted and get a FastPass. This way, later on, when they DO actually approach the ride, they can breeze right on to it. What's so hard about that, and why do hyperactive tards with no physical disability require more than that??

I used to know one of these opportunist scumbags who would cling to a certain guy we knew with a mystery illness that allowed him disabled access on the rides at Disneyland. He wasn't in a wheelchair, and didn't appear to be disabled in any way, but he had some kind of card that he could flash to do it. Until the guy let it be known that he was happy to let the opportunist scumbag use him for this, said scumbag barely even noticed the guy. Needless to say, they became fast friends.

Simple....you have to PAY for the Fastpass. They want the privileges but don't want to pay for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
November 26, 2013
Autizmoos: "Alright that's it, because of this policy change we aren't going to go!"

http://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/disney-president-speaks-out-about-changes

can't see through the tears in my eyes...sarcastic clapping
November 26, 2013
ladybug2203
Autizmoos: "Alright that's it, because of this policy change we aren't going to go!"

Much to the relief of the rest of Disney's visitors.
March 01, 2014
mooooo i'm a troll moooo your all big meanie heads, autistics are so unique and gentle, how could you do this to us moooooo

just kidding smiling smiley no troll here, just an interesting article on an autismoo who is happy with the new disney system, thought you'd all enjoy the read. based on the article there is a little bit of breederism but overall she believes that this helps her son to learn to wait his turn

http://www.chicagonow.com/wild-side-chicago/2013/10/why-im-happy-about-disneys-new-disability-assistance-system-pass-restrictions/
March 02, 2014
My brother has autism. We never took him to theme parks, he would never have coped, with or without a "pass". It would have been wasted on him, since he was afraid of rides, would get antsy queuing, and would have gone into meltdown when he was little at all the crowds, noise, and bright lights.

My non autistic sister wanted to go to theme parks. She was lucky enough to have an older sister (me) who could take her and be the supervising adult once I turned 18. I took her for her 8th birthday with a couple of her friends, and my brother stayed home with his moo. I think a couple of times after that she went with friends/cousins.

I don‘t understand why on earth these moos want to take their awwtistic kyds to theme parks, it would have been hell on earth for my brother, and for anyone accompanying him. My sister didn‘t get deprived because there were other families around and other family members who would take her to places that weren‘t suitable for my brother.

In summary, the whole family‘s life was not run around my brother‘s awwtism. We had to work around it so that he wasn‘t put in situations that would upset him, and trigger a meltdown and potential inappropriate behaviour in public - embarrassing for us and for him, and unfair on everyone else.
March 03, 2014
yummynotmummy
I don‘t understand why on earth these moos want to take their awwtistic kyds to theme parks, it would have been hell on earth for my brother, and for anyone accompanying him.

Simple: it's because the moo wants to go to the theme park, and she has to drag the awtard along. It's all about what the moo wants to do, not about the kid at all.
March 03, 2014
yummynotmummy
In summary, the whole family‘s life was not run around my brother‘s awwtism. We had to work around it so that he wasn‘t put in situations that would upset him, and trigger a meltdown and potential inappropriate behaviour in public - embarrassing for us and for him, and unfair on everyone else.

And really, that's the best a parent of a kid with autism can hope for...knowing their kid's needs well enough to avoid putting them in situations they can't handle, and accepting that there are some things they never will be able to handle. A theme park is waaaay to much for most autistic kids...bright lights, crowds, lines...overstimulation city for even average kids. It sounds like your parents "got it" and didn't try to force too much normality on your brother.
March 03, 2014
I think my stepmoo (brother's bio moo, he's my half brother) got it that she didn't have a normal kid, and therefore the milestones and things she did with my sister, it wasn't going to be the same with him. Many parents (especially moos) will try and impose on their disabled children the 'normal' shizz, like taking them to theme parks, and insisting that they are enjoying stuff when clearly they are either oblivious or in distress. Part of it is trying to recover as much of a 'normal parenting experience' as possible, according to some of the autizmoos my stepmoo hangs out with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login