PANK? No fucking way.

Posted by yurble 
Re: PANK? No fucking way.
December 09, 2013
Pug Affinity, No Kids. Yup, it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013
I will never be an aunt anyway, so yay. grinning smiley No PANK here.
December 09, 2013
Please ignore my last post, don't know how I fucked that up. :headbrick

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

December 11, 2013
Wow.. How about just being a "smart-person", or a non-acronym "thinker", or "world/life conscious"? I like those. I also like my name too, so..
December 11, 2013
Oh my god! What do you call a sick childfree person who actually fits the description! A HANKY PANKY!
Hyuk hyuk whadda knee-slappur!
December 11, 2013
I have five nieces and nephews, as well as a gaggle of great-nieces and nephews, which I barely know. Breederism runs in my famblee.

If I chose to be a PANK, I wouldn't have any money left at the end of the year. smile rolling left righteyes2
December 11, 2013
I no longer speak to the one sibling I have, so if she has any kids, I likely wouldn't even know. That is, unless she tracked me down because she wanted the kids to know their aunt (read: to hound me for gifts and babysitting; seeing as she's practically a carbon coby of our mother, I wouldn't put it past her).

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 11, 2013
catharsist
Oh my god! What do you call a sick childfree person who actually fits the description! A HANKY PANKY!
Hyuk hyuk whadda knee-slappur!

Like hanky panky (hanky panky),
Nothing like a good spanky (good spanky).
Don't take out your handkerchiefs,
I don't wanna cry, I just wanna hanky panky.
Like hanky panky (hanky panky),
Nothing like a good spanky (good spanky).
Don't take out your handkerchiefs,
I don't wanna cry, I just wanna hanky panky guy.

Madonna

yurble
Marketeers have created an acronym to describe child-free women who spend lavishly on their nieces and nephews: PANK (professional aunt, no kids). I suspect that this demographic exists largely in the minds of breeders and advertisers. All those "I'm child-free but I wub children" articles must be giving them such dreams of largesse that they're hoping being a recognized marketing demographic will open purses.

Article

...today will see a rush of click and buys, particularly if you are a Pank. It stands for Professional Aunt, No Kids, and despite the way it conflates money and love, it's an acronym that lifts the spirits somewhat. As The Cut points out, childless women are no longer spinsters but Panks, which implies they come bearing fun and gifts and tales about their glam life at the coalface of industry (sort of). In a culture that has Jennifer Aniston on womb watch, putting forth the idea that this hugely successful actor should be the recipient of pity because she isn't married with kids, a term that celebrates a childless woman's status, putting "professional" right up there at the top, feels like a victory of sorts.

No, this is not what victory looks like. Victory does not define us by our relationships with children, and recognize us as consumers of mindless products. Victory would be people recognizing that the world is overpopulated and we cannot persist in this manner, so having children should be reviled as the selfish act it is.

What's this "professional" shit? Being an aunt is not a paid career! And I do love my nephew, but I am not prancing through his life as some kind of jolly gift giver. He gets his holiday and birthday gifts and I put cash into an account for his future in college or whatever. I am NOT fostering the image of "Aunt Jen of the Excessive Toys". And I am certain his parents don't want such a thing either.
December 13, 2013
The CF who insist on making a big deal about being soooo into their nieces and nephews got this started. Many CF women will gush about being the cool aunt, though I don't think the guys make a big deal about being an uncle.

We can't just be allowed to be a person. Just can't.
December 13, 2013
blondie
The CF who insist on making a big deal about being soooo into their nieces and nephews got this started. Many CF women will gush about being the cool aunt, though I don't think the guys make a big deal about being an uncle.

I am shooting for the creepy aunt with the noisy music and scary things...
December 13, 2013
blondie

(breeder-think)
"Everything and everyone must relate to my child."
(/breeder-think)
December 13, 2013
I'm so damn glad to be an only child!
I have no fucks to give about any baby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login