Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kyd points fake gun at people; pays with his life

Posted by rudeawakening 
Re: Kyd points fake gun at people; pays with his life
November 26, 2014
whoomp there it is...

http://fox8.com/2014/11/23/rec-center-shooting-death-prompts-lawmaker-to-introduce-new-toy-gun-law/

COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio lawmaker is calling for a new law that would require all BB guns, air rifles and airsoft guns sold in Ohio be brightly colored or have prominent fluorescent strips.

Rep. Alicia Reece (D-Cincinnati) plans to introduce the legislation in light of the police-involved shooting deaths of a 22-year-old at a Dayton-area Walmart and, more recently, of a 12-year-old in Cleveland.

“The shooting of John Crawford III devastated many people in our community and left us looking for answers,” said Reece said in a release issued Sunday. “This bill is but one small step in addressing this tragedy and helping to prevent future deadly confrontations with someone who clearly presents little to no immediate threat or danger. With Saturday’s deadly shooting of a 12-year-old in Cleveland, it is becoming crystal clear that we need this law in Ohio.”

rest at link

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2014/11/26/tamir-rice-shooting-video-released/19530745/

Here's the full video released by Cleveland Police of Tamir Rice's actions leading up to his death. By the time the police roll up, he had been sitting at the picnic table doing nothing for a while. He had only just gotten up when the cops come. Quite literally, cop car rolls up, one gets out, and immediately shoots the kid dead.

He's not even fucking around that much with the gun on the video. Not really acting like a "thug" (nice code word use). There's only two other people on the tape, one sitting at the picnic table who is never bothered by Rice (and is probably the 911 caller) and a blurred out person. The 911 caller even said that the gun the kid had was probably fake, but that apparently got ignored. (http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-tamir-rice-911-call-20141126-htmlstory.html) The caller probably called 911 out of caution, even if he figured it was fake. It sounds like an old dude and he likely expected a couple of cops to come and scare the kid straight and let him know that fucking around like that scares people and is generally a stupid thing to do.

So bored 12-year old kid playing around with a fake gun in a park/rec center grounds, did not hurt anybody, but shot dead on sight. If James Eagan Holmes could be apprehended alive after murdering 12 people and armed with a shotgun, a semi-automatic rifle, and a Glock 22 with over 6000 rounds total, I fail to see why the cop needed to immediately shoot Tamir Rice when he barely got out of his car.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

A "media forensics expert analyst" who inspected the tape says the police released the tape with the time artificially slowed. When played back at real time speed, it showed no more than 2 seconds elapsed from the cops roaring into the frame and Tamir being shot.

That poor caller. That poor 911 dispatcher who apparently did NOT tell the cops the "gun man" was probably a minor and the gun was probably fake.(The 911 caller stated this, but it was not passed along for whatever reason.) Those poor, poor parents. Not to mention siblings; I've seen reports that Tamir's sister was not only there and saw the whole thing , she was thrown to the ground by the cops . And if that gun was a gift, how much anguish must the giver feel-!

Horrible situation all around.And I do NOT think Timothy Loehman is going to have the same outcome as Darren Wilson...
November 27, 2014
Kyd was obviously not too bright, but I'd blame the parents before blaming the kyd. Brain development is very incomplete at that age. Who altered the gun to look so real? Who failed to teach the kid about the risks of disobeying a cop?

On another note, why do cops even have non-lethal weapons like tasers, night sticks and pepper spray if they're just going to shoot everyone to death? I'm no sadder over the death of a child vs. an adult, but this 'shoot-first-ask-questions-later' shit is bad for us all. The video shows a virtual drive-by where the cop just pulls up to the kid and unloads. If you or I did that, we'd be dead or in prison.
November 27, 2014
I will admit that the police, prison guards and other similar professions tend to attract those who thirst for power. They delight in talking to people like they're nothing and throwing their weight around.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
December 28, 2014
I disagree that the kid deserved it and will always do so, this is part of a larger patchwork of a problem in America. Kids get no EXTRA sympathy but that's fucked up, I hope they investigate the cops who did this. This rash of cops who act like bratty remorseless kids who think they're special and above the law with their power tripping bullshit need to be investigated for disproportionate responses based on the color of the victim.

Words like "thug" and "criminal" are familiar dog-whistle words that juuuust teeter the fence of acceptability to what people really want to say, and I won't sit idly by while stormfront type talk trickles into the edges of sites that I enjoy.

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
December 28, 2014
moonmoonthegreat
I disagree that the kid deserved it and will always do so, this is part of a larger patchwork of a problem in America. Kids get no EXTRA sympathy but that's fucked up, I hope they investigate the cops who did this. This rash of cops who act like bratty remorseless kids who think they're special and above the law with their power tripping bullshit need to be investigated for disproportionate responses based on the color of the victim.

Words like "thug" and "criminal" are familiar dog-whistle words that juuuust teeter the fence of acceptability to what people really want to say, and I won't sit idly by while stormfront type talk trickles into the edges of sites that I enjoy.

Smilies aren't loading for me so here's a written *thumbs up*.

"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
December 28, 2014
moonmoonthegreat

I don't think a person is a racist simply because they refer to thugs and criminals as being such. I do think that all police shootings are in fact, investigated. But the idea of using tasers and non-lethal means of subduing suspects is one that does make a lot of sense.

I would also like to add that I am very disturbed by the militarization of American police, from both an individual rights and fiscal perspective. I see no reason for police departments in podunk towns to be outfitting their officers with body armor, advanced weaponry, attack dogs, and assault vehicles. There's NO good reason for this.
December 29, 2014
Bravo to moonmoon. Thug and criminal, from reading the news sites to FB, have become the new N-word.

Anyone read this story about the three good looking, white gay bashers?

Not once have I seen "thug" or "criminal" apply to them in the media, maybe because the blond white chick's daddy is a police chief who constantly got her ass out of trouble. She was fired as an ER tech for tweeting patient information including X-rays.

Her tweets clearly indicate that thug and criminal fit her nicely. https://storify.com/Clarknt67/meet-defendant-kathryn-knott

Peanut gallery comments have said nazi, scum, cunt and bitch. On that I agree, but thug and criminal also fit. But the media prefers affluenza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 29, 2014
How about Mark Wahlberg? "Thug" and "savage" are the perfect adjectives for somebody who has committed numerous unprovoked violent hate crimes. No apologies, no restitution, and he wants his conviction pardoned so he can franchise his shitty restaurant in California.

But all I've seen are people making excuses for him, saying it was a long time ago and he's done his time (except not. He got released after 90 days).

- Garrett Hardin

- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
December 29, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
How about Mark Wahlberg? "Thug" and "savage" are the perfect adjectives for somebody who has committed numerous unprovoked violent hate crimes. No apologies, no restitution, and he wants his conviction pardoned so he can franchise his shitty restaurant in California.

But all I've seen are people making excuses for him, saying it was a long time ago and he's done his time (except not. He got released after 90 days).

Criminal acts aren't excused or mitigated simply by pointing to other criminal acts.

If Wahlberg has committed these crimes, then yes, he should be charged, prosecuted, and convicted.

The justice system of course is imperfect, and a guy like Wahlberg can afford a defense team that the average person cannot. But I've got no tolerance for violent behavior from any person, regardless of their color.

I'm curious though... why would Wahlberg need his convictions pardoned simply to open a restaurant? Clearly with his capital he wouldn't need to be applying for a bank loan.
December 29, 2014
StudioFiftyFour

I'm curious though... why would Wahlberg need his convictions pardoned simply to open a restaurant? Clearly with his capital he wouldn't need to be applying for a bank loan.

Felony conviction precludes alcohol license ownership in CA.

StudioFiftyFour
paragon schnitzophonic

Criminal acts aren't excused or mitigated simply by pointing to other criminal acts.

If Wahlberg has committed these crimes, then yes, he should be charged, prosecuted, and convicted.

The justice system of course is imperfect, and a guy like Wahlberg can afford a defense team that the average person cannot. But I've got no tolerance for violent behavior from any person, regardless of their color.

I think you have completely missed the point of my statement.

- Garrett Hardin

- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
December 30, 2014
I want to speak out for every person who feels angry and alienated by the systematic use of dehumanizing words for demographics of race and is just sickened with how people completely buy into parroting dog-whistle words on social media.

If you've noticed how people slander murdered defenseless people while making excuses and glorifying mass shooters they've taken in alive, I understand you. If you're tired of the post mortem character mudslinging campgaigns for those 'dirty thugs, criminals, *savages* (wow, that shit is trasnparent as fuck) and you're tired and sickened, I understand you.

You're not alone on bratfree if you think we get into kind of racist or classist territory sometimes. You're a fucking human being, and I'm out there marching with you over this shit. You fucking matter.

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
December 30, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
paragon schnitzophonic

The issue here is that since the general climate regarding race in America is that regardless of what a black (or brown) person does, it is considered violent or at the very least disreputable. If it was a white boy flinging a gun around, this would not have not been an issue. I 100% guarantee it. Hell, look at the ferguson case and the "I can't breathe" incident, two innocent people dead because of this, and now a third (unless he actually pointed the gun at the officer because then he was just flirting with death).
December 30, 2014
catharsist
The issue here is that since the general climate regarding race in America is that regardless of what a black (or brown) person does, it is considered violent or at the very least disreputable. If it was a white boy flinging a gun around, this would not have not been an issue. I 100% guarantee it. Hell, look at the ferguson case and the "I can't breathe" incident, two innocent people dead because of this, and now a third (unless he actually pointed the gun at the officer because then he was just flirting with death).

Related: http://www.salon.com/2014/12/27/black_cops_fear_other_cops_partner/

Black police officers, present and former, said they experienced racial profiling both in uniform and out of it. If other members of the police force are noticing, it's certainly happening.
December 30, 2014
catharsist

To begin with, the Ferguson case and the NY case are two entirely separate issues. In fact all cases should be looked at based on their individual merits. I'll focus specifically on the use of firearms, imitation firearms, and violence in society in general.

I don't agree that white children are exempted from scrutiny if they show off guns in public. The school massacres over the past two decades have been carried out by white children. If a white kid is flaunting a gun in public, especially near a school building, you bet it's going to garner immediate attention and a response from the authorities. I don't think society has much in the way of tolerance or patience for those who flaunt their guns, or facsimiles of guns.

And Personally I've got no tolerance for those who go waving anything that looks like a gun around in public. If you've got enough courage to do that, then you've also got enough courage to be shot by one of the bystandards whom you are threatening, or the police.

So when it comes to dangerous criminals being taken out by law enforcement (or anyone else) I've got no sympathy. Furthermore let me say without hesitation that I'm beyond tired of hearing the grieving family on television talking about "what a nice young man" so-and-so was, after the news just showed me surveillance camera footage of this same person shooting a 7-Eleven clerk, robbing a gas station, or sexually assaulting a woman.

If you don't like the use of "thugs," that's fine, I'll just call them what they are by definition, violent criminals. And these criminals aren't created in a vacuum. They are by in large born to single mothers who thought it would be a great idea to breed with a man who at best was completely irresponsible, and at worst was a violent criminal himself. And now we sit here 15-20 years later dealing with their offspring whose behavior is governed by violent tendencies and low-IQ.

Freakanomics: Abortion

I've posted this link before, but the topic is in some way linked. What happens when we have unwanted and/or neglected children reach adulthood? Violent crime.

And if you think that this kind of criminal behavior is limited to minority groups or those who live in cities, you are mistaken. You go out to Appalachia and you'll find the same issues; the only difference is the scale.

It's quite frustrating hearing how those who are killed as a result of commiting heinous crimes are described, in retrospect, as "nice young men" by their families on television. Stop putting the microphone in front of the Moo when this stuff happens. Ask the rape victim what she thinks of this "nice young man." Ask the convenience store clerk how he feels after being shot by this "nice young man."

You can't go around brandishing guns and expecting no response. It's like saying "bomb" in the airport. You just don't do it.

The sad thing is that we could prevent many of these needless deaths if we would just stop bringing unwanted children into the world.

To be clear this isn't any kind of a diatribe against you, Catharsist. Racism and prejudice do exist. But no matter what color you are, you should be far more afraid of being targeted for violence by violent criminals rather than the police.

And as I've said before--I'm tough on the police. I'm very disturbed at the militarization of our police force.
December 30, 2014
I feel the need to apologise now and I feel totally terrible. When this story first aired I was going purely on what was said in the article. I realise now it was totally erroneous and I feel like a cunt for blaming the child that was murdered. I really did assume it transpired the way the article said.

I'm sorry.
December 30, 2014
KitsNotKids
I feel the need to apologise now and I feel totally terrible. When this story first aired I was going purely on what was said in the article. I realise now it was totally erroneous and I feel like a cunt for blaming the child that was murdered. I really did assume it transpired the way the article said.

I'm sorry.

Me too. I apologize because I didn't know all of the facts before I posted. sad smiley
December 30, 2014
KitsNotKids

I'm sorry.

I'll third this.

I didn't hear the whole story when it first happened (and when I posted this). Knowing what I know now, and having seen the video, my opinion has changed quite a bit.

The cops shot him instantly and he didn't deserve to die for what he did. He did a dumb thing, and while I'm usually big on personal responsibility, I think the adults in the kid's life were probably remiss in teaching him what, to us, seems like common sense.

Police brutality is a problem, but it's not the whole problem. We have a large segment of he population that was literally enslaved for centuries, beaten down by racist policies afterward, and by and large still doesn't have access to the resources that white people have. As a result we have millions of black citizens who are poor, undereducated, and resort to criminal behavior as a means of survival. This, I think, is the underlying issue.
December 30, 2014
rudeawakening
Police brutality is a problem, but it's not the whole problem. We have a large segment of he population that was literally enslaved for centuries, beaten down by racist policies afterward, and by and large still doesn't have access to the resources that white people have. As a result we have millions of black citizens who are poor, undereducated, and resort to criminal behavior as a means of survival. This, I think, is the underlying issue.

Poverty is where the problem exists.

Those resources you're talking about aren't accessible only to whites, they're accessible to anyone that has a little bit of capital. If we put racism aside just for a moment, aren't poor whites in just as bad a spot as poor blacks? And there are more poor whites, simply because of sheer numbers.

Again I forget who posted it in another thread, but basically, being poor sucks. It's very limiting. And I'll also add that geography can help or hurt you. Being poor in Detroit sucks... but at least there is some mass transit, and perhaps some menial job opportunities. Being poor in East Nowhere, Arkansas where there's no mass transit, very little commerce, and the next town is 100 miles away... that sucks on an even greater level.

The underlying issue as I see it, is unfettered reproduction of poor people. Getting yourself, or others, knocked up at a young age is a surefire pathway to continued poverty, and a lifetime of struggling and perhaps resorting to crime, as you mentioned.
December 30, 2014
StudioFiftyFour

Those resources you're talking about aren't accessible only to whites, they're accessible to anyone that has a little bit of capital. If we put racism aside just for a moment, aren't poor whites in just as bad a spot as poor blacks? And there are more poor whites, simply because of sheer numbers.

Again I forget who posted it in another thread, but basically, being poor sucks. It's very limiting. And I'll also add that geography can help or hurt you. Being poor in Detroit sucks... but at least there is some mass transit, and perhaps some menial job opportunities. Being poor in East Nowhere, Arkansas where there's no mass transit, very little commerce, and the next town is 100 miles away... that sucks on an even greater level.

The underlying issue as I see it, is unfettered reproduction of poor people. Getting yourself, or others, knocked up at a young age is a surefire pathway to continued poverty, and a lifetime of struggling and perhaps resorting to crime, as you mentioned.

I agree with you that socioeconomic status is a HUGE part of it, though I'd probably wager that a poor black person is still worse off than a white person in the same situation.

Regardless, a disproportionately high number of blacks (and Hispanics) live in poverty, which is why we have this problem. And when they have kids they can't afford, they're ensuring that the cycle continues. Kids cost money; they keep you in poverty, not lift you out of it. No one of any race should be having kids if they can't support themselves (and don't get me started on the people who sit around looking for handouts).
December 30, 2014
rudeawakening
StudioFiftyFour

I agree with you that socioeconomic status is a HUGE part of it, though I'd probably wager that a poor black person is still worse off than a white person in the same situation.

The topic is intersectionality. Being poor and black is exponentially harder than being poor and white. This is even a field of study.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
December 30, 2014
catharsist

The topic is intersectionality. Being poor and black is exponentially harder than being poor and white. This is even a field of study.

Either way, being poor and knocked up... you're fucked. :smn
December 31, 2014
The facts are never completely reported and there is always a bias. The video did not show a guy pointing a gun at everyone, much less the police. That was not how the article was written.

As for race...yes it exists. This kid was killed for allegedly waving a gun; Brown for allegedly beating up a cop. Yet Gabby Giffords' shooter and the CO theater shooter (both white) killed a shitload and they insist on taking them alive.

I do predict a shift since it has been revealed that the Ferguson DA knowingly put lying liars before the GJ. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/some-witnesses-lied-to-michael-brown-grand-jury-mcculloch-says/article_fd6effff-fc82-5df2-a248-cb93587847c7.html (Of course those of us with more than 2 brain cells knew this...the most incompetent lawyer can indict a bowl of bean dip.)

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login