Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pakistani Taliban attacked an army-run school in Peshawar, killing 141 people, 132 of them children

Posted by Anonymous User 
I don't know if this is the right forum , but I am wondering why this news can't simply say 140 people killed ,rather than adding "....132 of them children" . Would it be less gruesome had it been all adults ? Isn't every human life equally precious regardless of age ? Any thoughts ?
I wouldn't take notice at the inclusion of "132 of them children" being in the headline. I think it serves to give me details that 94% of those killed were probably incapable of fighting back, not adults, were non-combatants, etc. It also says "Army-run," so if you didn't say children, it might make the reader assume they attacked adult staff and there was a battle, rather than just walking in and committing a slaughter.

In this article, I think leading with the chyldrens is acceptable. Now if it was a car crash and two adults and nine chylds died, I don't think it would be necessary to lead with that. You could just say ten fatalities and not differentiate until deeper into the article.
I think in this case, the kids are important because they attacked people who were not fighting them, who were incapable of fighting back and were for all intents and purpose utterly defenseless. Chickenshit bastards attacked a target with no fighting capability.

In this situation it is acceptable. Unlike "50 people die in apartment fire, including one infant..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Or, just phrase it the way we know breeders are thinking:

"Fortunately, only 132 of the victims were children."

or

"One infant died in the apartment fire but fortunately no other children were injured." waving hellolarious
Meanie me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. They will not grow up to be angry unemployed youths. That extremist groups recruit to fight for Allah, and kill people. Kids born there face a bleak future anyway. Their possible suffering is over. I would rather die than be sold as a bride to the highest bidder, or traded for goats.
Feel free to boo me.:d'oh
Yeah, I think in this case it helps to clarify that they were non-combatants as opposed to there being a battle (although, if I wrote the headline I probably would have said "students" instead of "children" since it was a school and sounds less pro-natalist).

You're right though, it would have been no less tragic—if anything even more so—if 141 innocent adults were killed.
I'm with naviga8tor girl here.
These kids did not ask to be blown away by bastards.
They were targeted because they were children.
this is horrible.
but I do not expect anything less from the perpetrators

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Yeah, this was plastered all over the news.

So, some Islamists go into a school with the intention of murdering a bunch of elementary school kids who cannot fight back? They're a bunch of chicken shit cowards, shooting up people who don't have the means to defend themselves. Shooting up teachers, and students, who were only interested in bettering their lives?

Gads, heaven forbid Pakastani children (especially girls) are educated in math, science, history, foreign languages. Heaven forbid they learn scientific truth, and not some nonsense from the Koran.

Heaven forbid girls have an education, because then they'll realize what shit Islam is.

All the terrorists who did this are dead. Truly, no loss.

Mohammed, a desert cretin, can go suck camel balls, but I feel sorry for the camel.
It was an horrific attack on a school. I think it completely valid (and good reporting) to mention the number of school children who died as a result and the total loss of life.

We've just been hurt deeply with the loss of two people in Sydney. To lose so many more people to such violence, and for it to be a far more frequent occurrence, is an incredible burden. I don't understand people sometimes. How can you target a school in your fight? How can you target a market or café or a residential building? And yes, how can you kill a child at their desk or a teacher at her chalk board? I just don't it.
I don't have an issue with saying children were killed in this particular instance. Some were adults working there and some were kids.

I do have a problem with news articles that read "chyyyld hurt in accident," and you read it and find out adults DIED, but they don't even get a mention. (Can't find that one at the moment.)

And I do hate it when people are defined by their reproductive organs:

"Grandmother dies in crash"
"mom of three found dead"

Example one, bonus points if you can spot the lurking Breeder

Parental status mentioned in headlines
My teeth do get set on edge by statements such as, "As a mother I...." as though those of us who do not have children are quite okay with and unaffected by horrific accidents/violence/cruelty/ignorance/the decimation of the environment/poverty etc.
For me personally, I feel the opposite. I see this in the news all the time where of casualties of any sort are always detailed with the chyld deaths in the spotlight and the adult deaths barely mentioned.

To me, a fully functioning adult dying is much more sad than a half-aware nose-miner who'd probably choke on its own drool just as easily as whatever killed it first. Seriously. These bastards run in traffic and shove dung covered live animals up their noses and in their own ears to puncture their freckin brains. They throw themselves off bridges and out of buildings. They eat laundry tabs because they're colorful.

Newsflash: They're killing themselves constantly, so who really gives a crap if they die by some other means? It's not like they contribute to anything!

If you have to, consider it a very late term miscarriage.
barren4ever
Meanie me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. They will not grow up to be angry unemployed youths. That extremist groups recruit to fight for Allah, and kill people. Kids born there face a bleak future anyway. Their possible suffering is over. I would rather die than be sold as a bride to the highest bidder, or traded for goats.

I have to agree with barren4ever and bunny. If they would've been lucky to have jobs when they grow up, they'd just have followed the Life Script there, get married and start shitting out lots of kids, all contributing to overpopulation.

At over 7 billion people, a few hundred dead here and there is less than a drop in the ocean.
I find death and suffering to be bad wherever they happen and whoever they happen to (some exceptions apply). I don't think people deserve that (although it's how life works, which is something breeders ought to consider before they create new people to suffer and die). So in that sense it's sad.

Of course I do not like the natalist slant given to the news, which somehow treats adult deaths as less important. Reaching the age of majority seems to be akin to wearing a miniskirt in a a highly sexist society: whatever happens to you thereafter is at least a little your fault. Like some other posters, I think it's generally more of a loss when an adult dies, because most adults are loved by more people and the adult is typically more aware of their impending demise (more suffering for the individual, more suffering for the survivors).
keeper of traken
barren4ever

I have to agree with barren4ever and bunny. If they would've been lucky to have jobs when they grow up, they'd just have followed the Life Script there, get married and start shitting out lots of kids, all contributing to overpopulation.

At over 7 billion people, a few hundred dead here and there is less than a drop in the ocean.

And frankly speaking ,its a good news given the exponential growth of this planet's population. The only tragedy is this doesn't happen more often to cause any significant change .
It should happen more, but it shouldn't happen to me. We can say that because we don't live in conflict area. Be fair. Imagine you're the one inside that classroom. Personally I'd rather die from being struck by a truck because my eyes were glued to my phone when I crossed the road (like some darwin award winner), compared to die because some idiot bearded bastards wanted to defend their imaginary god. I wish those guys were into tongue speaking and heavenly trances instead.
At some degree I agree that at least they don't have to grow up, go on war, and have their death in war declared as merely another statistics because gasps, they are adult, not chyldrunnnn.
But no one deserves to experience that much horror before they die. Watching your friends got shot, knowing you're next... Seriously. No one deserves to go to school hoping for an education for a better life, but instead got raided by some crazy terrorists. Deepest sympathy for the surviving relatives.
We have no natural predators. We are going to die from overpopulation. Anything that thins out the herd is, in effect, better for everyone. Unfortunately, no one listened when everyone said we were overpopulated, so now there will have to be deaths instead of prevented births.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login