Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo and brats invading my privacy. angry smiley

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Re: Moo and brats invading my privacy. angry smiley
July 16, 2015
Well, the shit has finally hit the fan here. They decided that after doing the membrane in the back courtyard and putting us through all that construction, that they needed to tear off the balconies and fences around the front of the building, putting us through yet another round of construction.

The assbag contractors! angry smiley

They decided not to have bins on site, so they threw the building debris all over the front of the building, basically among trees and on dry grass, and it's just begging to catch on fire. I called the fire department yesterday and reported it. They are to have the debris removed by tomorrow, as it is a fire hazard. All it would take is one asshole with a cigarette to flick it in there, and we are toast.
I have no front fence now, which means anyone could walk off the streets and pop my patio window open and rob us.

Not only that but the assholes have decided to put their radio out on MY patio and blare it from 7:30 am until 4:00pm, at full volume. They decided to use our broom to sweep their mess, and knocked over our umbrella in the process. They didn't put the umbrella back properly, threw the broom on the ground and didn't bother cleaning it off.

I contacted management, who was extremely unsympathetic towards me. I explained that this is our property that they are using, and that the noise is driving me crazy. Not only do I have to live with deranged moos and their beasts in the back, but I have nothing but music and construction noise going on in the front.

Last night I had an anxiety attack because of the piles of wood strewn about on the dead grass. The piles are over five feet high. I almost couldn't sleep, because I'm afraid there will be a massive fire. This pile of debris is right in front of my townhouse, and if something were to happen, we probably couldn't escape.

The new tenants moving in are all breeders, and one duh has already flipped his shit to the point where I thought he was going to start killing people. I was literally afraid for my life. Breeders are arguing in the courtyard, right in front of my back patio, screaming at their kids and basically making my life a living hell.

We are still waiting to hear back from the CMHC. We need a miracle.
July 16, 2015
OMG, that's a nightmare!

I wish you that you can leave that place ASAP.
July 16, 2015
Mrs. Chinaski, I am counting the seconds until we can leave. We are both dying to get out of here.

Last night, when I had that anxiety attack, I could feel my heart fluttering in my throat and thought I was about to have a heart attack. It is THAT bad here now.

Management talked to the contractors and told them to shut off the music, which they did, so at least I don't have to listen to THAT all damned day long again. It had been going on for almost a week before I finally said something.

If that debris is still here by Friday afternoon, I'm contacting the fire department again and telling them about it.

NO MORE MRS. NICE M6 angry smiley
July 16, 2015
They are all so inconsiderate.
I mean it's not a charity, you PAY for it!
July 16, 2015
I know! It's like I'm paying to be punished like some masochistic freak!
July 16, 2015
:-)
I always freak out in situations like this.
I remind everyone that I am a CUSTOMER
and that I PAY for the things.

Once something I bought was defect.
I completely lost it and yelled that
I pay 100% so I expect 100%.
July 16, 2015
What the hell? The entity you pay rent to, has a duty to ensure, that your house is liveable. If they don't make this crap stop, inform them that you will be going to the hotel for the duration of the construction, and that you will deduct its cost from the rent.

And report them immediately, for endangering your life, as well as your possessions!

In the meantime, I'm sending you hugs friendly hug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
July 16, 2015
Thank you, trekkie monster. friendly hug

I can't believe how quickly this place has gone downhill.

If things don't stop, Mr. M6 is going to call the property manager and give her a piece of his mind. He is as sick of it as I am, even though he doesn't come home until after the construction work has stopped. Unfortunately, he has to deal with an anxious and upset wife.

If I don't see a bin and that shit isn't gone by tomorrow, you bet your bippy I'm going to call the fire department again, and they'll be slapped so hard with a fine, it'll leave welts.
July 16, 2015
You should rouse the property manager as soon as the construction noise starts in the morning.

Did they say when they were going to clean up the fire hazard detritus? You are perfectly within your rights to report them again tonight. That crap is endangering your life!

friendly hug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 16, 2015
When I spoke to the fire inspector yesterday, she told me that she gave them until tomorrow afternoon to remove it, basically because they lied between their teeth and said that they have been removing the debris every three days. The truth is that the materials have been laying around here for well over a week.

Good news, our line of credit for the down payment was approved just about five minutes ago! We still have to wait for the CMHC, but things are looking really good! Yay!
July 16, 2015
In the meantime, this is what I get to look forward to staring at. Fire hazard, much? angry smiley

July 16, 2015
Bugger. Document everything! Email pictures to the fire department. Promise daily updates.

Excellent on getting approved! I hope the rest goes through soon.

Have a fuck counter to let off some steam: Debra Morgan's Fuck Counter

July 16, 2015
Yes, I plan on keeping them updated, so these mofos get hit with a massive fine. Right between their beady eyes.

We expected to be approved because we both have great credit, but still...when things can go wrong, sometimes they do. Not this time, though! Now for the CMHC, and I have a very good feeling about that.

Thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to have to check that one out!
July 16, 2015
Yes they should've got a dumpster and I can't believe that wasn't required - do they have building permits?

Why this is stupid too - they have caused themselves double the work. Toss it into a dumpster right off and be done. Now they will have to handle it twice. Morons.

I wish I could send you some of our water. It's going to rain *yet again* and the ground is saturated. I am supposed to be cleaning right now because tomorrow and this weekend it's going up to like 97F plus super humid / more storms. Yarg.

Oh and my privacy has been invaded by ANTS! In my CAR FFS! It's the weeds in the back alley including wild grape. Yes with many *actual clusters of grapes* - it's a freaking vineyard! I complained and they (street dept.) sent someone to remove it. Which was a kid with garden gloves and he pulled it out. And guess what ~

It's already growing right back again! Your pic M6 looks sim to how it is here - just add a bit more jungle like over growth. Oh and a bit down from here on another street, where I take my 'exercise walks' - there's a big tree covered in wild grape and it's killing it! angry smiley Pull that fucking crap off of there! It's in a spot where the grass is mowed by the sidewalk - so maintenance people tend that area and they should IMO pull that shit off the tree! They're *right there* mowing - WTF?

But they ignore it, the tree will die, and then they'll probably BUY a tree to put in - and trees are expensive! Thanks for wasting my tax money! Of which the sales taxes have gone up again - making us the highest in the US. GRRRRR!

You're too dry, we're too wet! If I didn't fear going to jail for arson I'd go out there and burn those goddamned weeds down - but of course its so wet here that *they wouldn't burn*. Oh there's rhubarb out there too - I could practically do my fruit shopping in the alley. Like the ANTS do! smile rolling left righteyes2

And they're in my freaking car! This is *the second time* this has happened! They aren't in the garage so they must be coming from the alley. My one neighbor said he had ants in his car too. Speaking of panic attacks - this time I noticed the ants *while driving*. Told self: REMAIN CALM. Do not panic while driving. But of course even the sight of a few made me feel as if bugs were crawling al over me, erg. I got home, got out and looked - and sure enough - dozens of ants.

I did keep a grip on myself and did not panic. However I also stood on the back porch - right by the door because I do not want ants in my house! and stripped off my clothes and stood there in my under wear shaking them off, to make sure there were no ants on them. And I don't care who saw either! A free strip show for my neighbors LOL. I couldn't care less - the main concern is that NO ANTS come in here!

Aaaand I see by the TV news that it's already raining. Too bad we can't send some of this your way ~ we're already close to flood stage yet again and if it's bad enough, plus tomorrow and the weekend ~

You know - maybe you could throw some water on those wood piles if they don't do anything. And maybe on your lawn - wet it down to ward off fire.
July 16, 2015
mumofsixbirds
In the meantime, this is what I get to look forward to staring at. Fire hazard, much? angry smiley

Seriously? The cheapest bid must have been taken, or the dumbest contractor chosen. They've doubled the work for themselves, piling that shit on the ground and then having to pick it up to be hauled away. Like Zelda said: dumpster.

Management might get their comeuppance when that crap is hauled away but a kid impales itself on a leftover nail or large splinter :cool
July 16, 2015
Haha, they're loading up the junk right now! They have a truck loaded to the hilt. Mr. M6 said, "Where are they going to take it to? The dump is closed." bouncing and laughing

I have a feeling that by tomorrow afternoon, it'll all be cleared away, just like the fire inspector told them.
July 16, 2015
Congratulations on the approval! Focus on getting out of there. Maybe even buy some boxes and whenever you feel unhappy or anxious about where you're living, pack a box of your things for the move!
July 17, 2015
Thanks, yurble!

Unfortunately, we still have to wait for the CMHC. It was our line of credit which was approved, but we won't hear back from the CMHC until next week some time.

I have a really good feeling about it, though, because we are paying less for the property than its really worth. Once they send their appraisers out there to assess the property, I'm sure they will have no problem insuring our mortgage.

We have been packing boxes and moving them into storage almost every day. I have packed all the unimportant stuff that we rarely or never need, and I'm leaving my store stock and important stuff until the last minute.

The day I give my notice here is going to be a time to celebrate!
July 17, 2015
I looked up CMHC. I see. This should go though, right? If you have good credit? Or do they also look at the property?

I don't have any - so is this like loan default ins? Yeah I own this hovel, I mean fine home grinning smiley out right, so I am not familiar with this. I do have all the other insurances such as homeowners, EQ and flood. If you have loans, these all are required, The Gov may require them too. I got 'the works' (of what's required / recommended here) - just because. It was either that or a Kayak LOL. One of my friends is an Ins. Agent and I trust her so I just said - pick out what I need and sign me up for it. I'm actually rather ignorant of my own stuff - I should probably go over it. When my other place got damaged from storms, they took care of everything and there were no issues so hopefully all is OK.

Remember when you were young and you never thought you'd be having such boring conversations? Ha. I was just thinking of a Nirvana song I heard on the radio.

You have to watch it though. And some of it is interesting - paperwork is boring, I was thinking of this PBS show I saw about sink holes in Florida - YIKES! And it seems like various gov. depts. and insurance co's 'pass the buck' on it. Such as the municipality does not require the developer to test for sink holes, the builder doesn't test and passes the liability onto the homeowner, their insurance may not cover it ~

Various angles of these things can be interesting, and of course you have to watch what you do. Knowledge of certain aspects can locate profitable deals too. No, I would not do anything un ethical like the above. I was thinking of this 'flood house' I saw for sale, super cheap, it was in IA by the MS river. The ad said you could get FEMA grants - which would've made it basically free. Provided that did work. I'm not sure about such things either - because it's going to flood again, duh. It's right by the MS river, like half a mile away, that all floods in there. Often. The entire region is flood prone. And getting worse, probably Climate Change.

You would think - they'd offer some kind of incentives like if you'd 're build' with a house on 'stilts' or something, like in New Orleans. A construction biz and or those producing such house plans - could insert themselves in here and make money off of this too.

I am not quite at this level. Yet. I do not know much about construction, either. I am trying to learn more. I do know some of the biz end.

It would apply to buyers and investors though too - you can look around for 'deals' like this. Some may also be interested in these things as work / biz ideas.

It's interesting stuff.

You have to watch it too - because you might buy something - and you can't get insurance. Or it could be extremely expensive.

Florida is screwed that way too from hurricanes. Some coastal areas - even places like Long Island, NY - the insurance rates in some areas have tripled.

So you have to watch all that.

On Top of Ol' Sink Hole is not where you wanna move to. Wow, it's so cheap! NO.

I think I saw some blurb the other day about seven under water volcanos off the coast of Oregon ~

As long as your new home is on solid ground / no crazy issues - I'm sure there will be no problems! smiling smiley

So over there - do you need to get Serial Killer Insurance? LOL, I was thinking of Seattle and Anne Rule. Wait a minute - you're not Courtney Love, are you???

Just thought of because I read this book about - basically biz in Northern areas (you're in a good spot there!) - and one of the things discussed was how much of Canada (presently) resides to the South, along the US border, and one way to look at things is more by 'regions' - of which yours there in the W. they were calling 'Cascadia'. And for NY and N - Atlantica, or something like that. For us in the middle - I forget. Land O' Assholes! Fucking Michiganders! Constantly Flooded Swamp. Rob Ford's Crack Den. HA.

I did see this other story online about 'least liked US states' and both MI and IL made the top (worst?) 10. That's nice. GAH.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, I find it all interesting and I'm sure all your various paperwork will go through fine!
July 18, 2015
Hey Zzelda!

Your post gave me LULZ. bouncing and laughing

No, I'm not Courtney Love, and we don't need serial killer insurance, although I lived close to the Pickton's Pig Palace and Clifford Olson, so maybe we should look into it.

The good thing is that Mr. M6 and I both have immaculate credit, and I'm sure they'll take that all into account. Nope, no sink holes or anything wrong with the property. We checked out the disclosure, and nothing wrong with it, except for a neighbor's sewer line going through a small portion of the back. Not a biggie to us.

One of the downsides for us is that we have to borrow from a line of credit for our down payment, but other than that we are flush. Our mortgage was pre-approved and so was our line of credit, so I think we're golden.

As I've mentioned before, if the CMHC, which is a government entity, decides that the property isn't a good risk, then we will be continuing on our search.

To add to the BS, Moo with sprogs that invaded our privacy earlier, was back last night with a freshly steaming loaf in her arms, staring in our yard again while we were making our dinner.

I yelled at Mr. M6, who was frying me a steak, "Hey, that lady is back here again with another kid!" And she fucked off. Again. I found out she's not really the moo, but the grandmoo. The reason I know this is she called herself grandmoo to the sprogs she was outside with. She is CONSTANTLY bugging us and hanging around our back fence. It's like she's fixated on us and our yard, and it's becoming a severe annoyance now.
July 18, 2015
If your apartment is listed on an apartment review, be sure to post every thing that has happened on it and give it a negative review. Include the pictures. It will be nice to know that there are people looking at that and deciding to not live there. Nice way to get a bit of revenge on the management who sat around with their thumbs up their ass when they can no longer get people to live there.
July 18, 2015
addiea raine
If your apartment is listed on an apartment review, be sure to post every thing that has happened on it and give it a negative review. Include the pictures. It will be nice to know that there are people looking at that and deciding to not live there. Nice way to get a bit of revenge on the management who sat around with their thumbs up their ass when they can no longer get people to live there.

Brilliant idea! I think I could save people some unnecessary heartache if they think about moving here. With the lack of privacy, the Nazi property manager who refuses to do repairs, (even asked us if we would caulk our own tub, among other things), and the construction BS, it's really not worth the rent. Even if it is in a prime location.

ETA: To add further insult to injury, the manager has been keeping the underground parkade open for the contractors, instead of giving them a key like everyone else. Today when Mr. M6 and I went out, we noticed that someone had stolen the side grill of our car. Bastards! angry smiley
July 19, 2015
Mumofsix, I'm not sure I'm understanding the layout of what's going on here. But, if they were putting the radio on your patio you could simply just turn it off (since it's on YOUR patio) and then tell them if they wanted to listen to it they would have to locate it elsewhere? Then just bring the broom inside where they don't have access to it. Maybe you've already done all those things and I just didn't catch it, but I do like the sound of all the other things you're doing, such as contacting the fire department.

I wish you the best of luck with the CMHC, and hope you're into a much better abode (that's all yooourrrs) very soon!
July 19, 2015
Hey barbur, thank you for the well-wishes. It is quite confusing, as it is a very chaotic situation.

I spoke with management, because I felt it was their responsibility to keep the contractors under control. I also wanted to let them know that I wasn't happy with the way they were doing business here.

We are clearing all of the stuff off of our deck today. We have some chairs, a table and a closed umbrella out there that are now covered with construction dust. Someone also tossed a cigarette into our yard and burned our outdoor carpeting. That is all being removed to prevent attracting people to our deck, and to keep the fire hazard down.

If the manager asks us why we are leaving, Mr. M6 said to me he will have no problem telling them why. They have compromised our health, safety and security with all this nonsense. We also have been photographing and documenting the crap that has been going on, so if anything negative comes of it, we will have proof to back it up.

They could have put up temporary fencing around the perimeter of the lower units to protect us, but chose not to. It just shows how little they care about the safety and security of their own tenants.

I forgot to mention, that when the handyman came to caulk our tub, he stole our drain plug to the tub. Just adds to the WTF factor of this place.
July 20, 2015
I wish you that you can soon kiss Breederville goodbye :-)

For me, your posts are interesting also from an another point of view.

I come from Eastern Europe and I grew up with "everything is much
better in the West". Today, it's not true anymore. The standards
have deteriorated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login