Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Singled Out: Are Unmarried People Discriminated Against?

Posted by Techie 
exile
strange aeons
Yeah, it must be so hard not having to actually worry about employment and just sit at home being supported by someone else like a house pet. smile rolling left righteyes2

even though im not a moo, im currently unemployed, at home, supported by my partner, however, I would rather be working (if I could actually land a job), and because of that, it can be really uncomfterble to be relying on someone else to live, I feel like my house should be spotless and chores should be done prior to my partner getting home, since he's the one having to work his arse off to support us both.

but I think there are the differences:
sahmo: doesn't want to work, dose everything she can to avoid returning to work, doesn't do anything extra around the house to make her partner feel appreciated, feels she deserves appreciation for not doing anything special, lows about not having enough time to herself, regardless of having around 6hours each week day.

me CF unemployed: I've solicited over 950 jobs even while sick in hospital for 8months last year alone, I do what I can around the house to make it feel nice for when my partner comes home, I try to give extra attention to my partner for simply putting up with my unemployed arse for this long, via therapeutic massage, cooking something he particularly likes, or simply doing the dishes after I cooked so he can have more time to relax.

Well, that's different, if you'd rather be working and financially supporting yourself. I know looking for work sucks and there's SFA going right now. I'm in the same position, pretty much and it's frustrating.

Anyway, that's nowhere near the same thing as electively being a house-bitch and having the gall to brag about it - not that I'm addressing anyone in particular.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

I tend to keep my CF status quiet unless I really get to know someone. I am afraid that I'll get bingoed and told off because I've avoided all the pitfalls of being a breeder.

I have told a few people who were mere acquaintances, and they pretty much thought it was cool. One lady said to me that "Children and husbands give you wrinkles!" This was before I was married, haha. I believe that about kyds giving you wrinkles, but I've been married over a year and nary a line nor crease since my wedding day. grinning smiley
Re: Article: Singled Out: Are Unmarried People Discriminated Against?
July 09, 2015
mumofsixbirds
I tend to keep my CF status quiet unless I really get to know someone. I am afraid that I'll get bingoed and told off because I've avoided all the pitfalls of being a breeder.

I have told a few people who were mere acquaintances, and they pretty much thought it was cool. One lady said to me that "Children and husbands give you wrinkles!" This was before I was married, haha. I believe that about kyds giving you wrinkles, but I've been married over a year and nary a line nor crease since my wedding day. grinning smiley

Well, let's see if you are the one who is giving the wrinkles to your SO. LOL - Just kidding waving hellolarious

For me, the only time I got gray hair and wrinkles was when the ex started to demand breeding. I actually have been feeling and looking much younger ever since I went my own way. I think that what that lady was meant to say to you was that a husband/kyds combo is what gives you wrinkles.
Techie
mumofsixbirds

Well, let's see if you are the one who is giving the wrinkles to your SO. LOL - Just kidding waving hellolarious

For me, the only time I got gray hair and wrinkles was when the ex started to demand breeding. I actually have been feeling and looking much younger ever since I went my own way. I think that what that lady was meant to say to you was that a husband/kyds combo is what gives you wrinkles.

Haha! bouncing and laughing

Captcha: bj 4 cu
@ Techie: the Fakebook page is a good start. I think it's win-win. The photo will be posted on two Fakebook pages - on yours and on single moo's. You will have your "happy family" and moo will be glad that she doesn't look single anymore :-)))
@ JohnDrake: "...taking on more work than my equivalent job did in our other offices, having my boss trash me behind my back after I had to go for cancer treatments. Being visited by coworkers hours after surgery while still groggy from anesthetic and being asked work questions and the next day, boss demanding to know when I'd be back at work before I was even approved for discharge wasn't the way the preggos going on maternity leave were treated."

-> that's mobbing. Inconsiderate assholes....
@ mumofsixbirds:
Maybe it's a cultural thing.
Here when you get to know someone, you'll be asked right away:
Job? Chyldren?
July 10, 2015
Half the people at my job don't have kids and those that do largely don't talk about them on a regular basis. Also, everyone's an atheist. This leaves us free to have more interesting lunchtime conversations without worrying about offending.
July 10, 2015
mrs. chinaski
@ JohnDrake: "...taking on more work than my equivalent job did in our other offices, having my boss trash me behind my back after I had to go for cancer treatments. Being visited by coworkers hours after surgery while still groggy from anesthetic and being asked work questions and the next day, boss demanding to know when I'd be back at work before I was even approved for discharge wasn't the way the preggos going on maternity leave were treated."

-> that's mobbing. Inconsiderate assholes....

Yes they were inconsiderate and when I needed more leave time, I caught even more trouble over it being called all day long to get my brain picked, even though I was supposed to be resting. My boss then told me he wrote a bad evaluation on me and didn't keep a copy of it for me to see so I couldn't even defend myself. I ended up quitting that job, thank goodness.
I searched a bit about discrimination of singles where i live and yes, there is but in the fact that they pay more for everything because they rely on one income. Also small apartments/houses are more expensive, travel packages are designed for couples and people with kids, food packages are cheaper if they are big. Plus work discrimination similar to what JohnDrake mentioned.

I was lurking in the comment section and it was really sad to see people getting sick and being forced to take unpaid leave or bosses who made their life a hell because they dared to take their sick parent to a hospital. But nobody bats an eye if your brat has the flu.

It is a great idea keeping a low profile at work when it comes to personal life but as i mentioned before i live in a small place and even if i lie about having brats, truth will be found out immediately. I do shut up though about the tickets at AC/DC concert or planned trip abroad. Because i don't want the passive-agressive "it must be nice". Again.
July 10, 2015
mrs. chinaski
@ Techie: the Fakebook page is a good start. I think it's win-win. The photo will be posted on two Fakebook pages - on yours and on single moo's. You will have your "happy family" and moo will be glad that she doesn't look single anymore :-)))

That sounds workable, but for now, I keep that as a last resort. I have managed to keep my personal life on the down low and so far, so good. I live in a very large city, chances of anyone at work figuring anything out are not great.

Single moos want me to be with them in pictures because they say that if they have a guy next to them, then other guys want to talk to them. If they don't, men go the other way. In a way, they are willing to help me with work situation if needed and such help would translate into help with their personal situation.
@ John Drake:
Good riddance! In my experience, when people gang up on you,
it's the best to leave the scene. Anything else is just waste of time
and energy. There is like a point of no return. From this point on,
yout cannot win them over. They will behave worse and worse.
@ Techie: "if they have a guy next to them, then other guys want to talk to them" -> so it's like entering a competion :-)
Or maybe the guys think, yeah he took her even with those chyldren, it must be worth it.... :-)
July 10, 2015
mrs. chinaski
@ Techie: "if they have a guy next to them, then other guys want to talk to them" -> so it's like entering a competion :-)
Or maybe the guys think, yeah he took her even with those chyldren, it must be worth it.... :-)

I don't really know why exactly it works the way that it does, but I do know that if some guy wants to date a moo, more power to him. I have no interest in moos and if they want to score themselves a "catch" by using my imagine - no problem. I guess it's kinda of like taking old metal parts to a scrap yard. I don't need said parts anymore but if scrap yard wants to recycle them, I am glad for it - that keeps the environment cleaner. Similarly, if some guy wants to take a single moo off the market, that just keeps the dating environment cleaner. grinning smiley

Basically, single moos are a pollution. Recycling polluting items is a responsible thing to do.
@ blackpearl:
it's unfortunately all true
I like this article from Daily Mail (2013):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2380473/Why-SHOULD-childless-women-like-longer-hours-cover-working-mothers.html
I fucking hate it that family = kids. I've been told several times that I don't have a family. Last time by a woman who hasn't seen her father since she was a teen, never liked her sister and hasn't talked to her own mother since last December. Should have told her that since I'm still on speaking terms with all of my family, I just didn't feel the need to create a new one. But she has a faaambleee because she has two kids who are too young to move out and escape her.
July 17, 2015
tea princess
I fucking hate it that family = kids. I've been told several times that I don't have a family. Last time by a woman who hasn't seen her father since she was a teen, never liked her sister and hasn't talked to her own mother since last December. Should have told her that since I'm still on speaking terms with all of my family, I just didn't feel the need to create a new one. But she has a faaambleee because she has two kids who are too young to move out and escape her.

This woman sounds like a classic description of narcissistic parenting. Narcissist parents have kids for their own needs, their own companionship, etc., not so their kids can grow up and be productive members of society. When the kids are small and parents have a lot of control, it's all good but once the kids start developing their own personalities, identities, opinions, etc., that's when all hell breaks loose. That is exactly how it was when I was growing up.

Most people these days have kids not to nurture them and help them grow so they can go out and make their way in the world, they have them so they can have lifetime friends who will take care of their own needs, while the needs of the kids don't matter.

Sorry for the rant, I've been reading too many Adult Children of Narcissists web sites lately.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login