Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos upset at duh's bike obsession

Posted by cfdavep 
Moos upset at duh's bike obsession
October 08, 2015
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/549711/Bought-your-husband-a-bike-for-Christmas-Welcome-to-the-Cycling-Widows-Club

I guess there are some duh's that REALLY get into road biking nowadays. The moos call themselves "cycling widows." One moo travelled with hubby for 15,000 miles on a bike in the hope that after the mega adventure he would happily settle into "family bliss" after baybee. Some of these men admitted that they are obessed with racing bikes to get time away from "the fanily" I actually have a fairly high end mountain bike with one of the wheels being carbon and I have a bit of a time getting DH out for riding. It seems the opposite with these moos trying to get hubby off the bike and into the diapers
Re: Moos upset at duh's bike obsession
October 08, 2015
I like how the wives/girlfriends of any man who has a hobby he's passionate about likes to label themselves "widows." They ought to talk to some actual widows to see if the grief over a dead spouse is the same as the "grief" over a spouse who rides a bicycle for long periods of time. I've seen Moo-wives come up with all kinds of "widow" groups: gym widows, World of Warcraft widows, bar widows. You're not a fuckin' widow if your man is still alive. And these hobbies/passions/obsessions do not just spring up overnight; these women know going into the relationships how into something the guy is, and they still choose to marry them. Some men are married to their hobbies (or jobs), and some women are too. The lesson here is don't marry someone who is already so in love with an activity that they don't have time for a human relationship or brats.

I very much doubt these men became so hardcore about their hobbies/interests all of a sudden. Odds are they were hardcore cyclists (now there's a term you don't hear often) before meeting their spouses, and the women stupidly assume that these guys who are passionate about biking will just be glad to settle down, sit on their asses and do the family thing.

Moo-ron
I hoped I had cured my husband’s cycling addiction many years ago when I agreed in 2002 to cycle 15,000 miles around the world with him. We had been shot at in Israel, careered off a 100ft cliff in Nepal, pelted with Big Macs by rednecks in Louisiana and had our tent set on fire by Bedouin on the Sinai peninsula.

Surely such adventures should have been enough to satisfy his desire to get on his bike for a while?

Is she nuts? NO it's not enough to satisfy his "addiction." I bet he had a spectacular time and can't wait to go do it again, either in the same locations or new ones. Her husband sounds like a pretty die-hard cyclist as well as cycling fan, since he not only likes to actually do this activity, but watch it too. Or it could easily be that the wife and brat at home make him want to pursue his hobby more than ever because he doesn't want to be around his family because they suck (or his wife's a screaming bitch).

I assume this guy has been cycling for a very long time, before he met his wife - he's not going to just get it all out of his system and give up what he loves to do forever. I think Moo is also kinda bitter because he's not a spineless little milksop who kowtows to wifey when she tells him what to do; this guy isn't budging from his hobby. If you've ever seen those men with defeated looks on their faces, sadly selling their pool tables, game consoles or muscle cars because their Moo-wives made them get rid of their favorite possessions in order to pay full attention to the kids... well, the husband in this article is not one of those men, and Moo doesn't like it one bit.

Moo
Whatever it all means, as a result, we could have bought a new kitchen. Hell, we could have bought an old rectory for the same money.

Well, you shouldn't have married someone with such expensive tastes if it bothers you so much, dumbass. Like I said, there's no way this guy went from zero to maximum interest in cycling in a day. He's probably been doing this for years. And if Moo doesn't like that her husband goes biking all the time, why'd she get him a bike for X-mess? I kinda wonder if the guy even wanted kids or if Moo just said she wanted them and he went along with it. Because someone who wants to bike and travel and spend money this much is probably not someone whose got much time to spare for a brat. If it's such a horrible thing, divorce the guy already. I will say this guy sounds like the type who loves his hobby more than he loves his wife and child and probably isn't going to be good father material anyway. But he probably figured he'd give the bitch a brat to shut her up and she'd raise it while he rode around without a care in the world.

I just have little to no sympathy for these hobby widows. I'd say at least 98 percent of the time, the women know that their men are hardcore gamers or sports fans or what-not, yet they still marry them, breed with them and proceed to bitch about it when those men do not give up their hobbies for babby like Moo does.
October 09, 2015
What she really means is:

I'm worried he's going to meet a CF woman in skin-tight lycra and never see him again"

Also, who the hell names their fuck trophy 'Dory'????
October 09, 2015
While moos are dumb for trying to change guys, it takes two to tango, sorry but if duhd was also dumb enough to stick it in her unprotected but not wanting to take care of a kid hes just as bad as she is, he should own up and be an equal parent, why is it acceptable for moms to do everything and dads to do nothing? 2 ppl make baby 2 ppl should take care of it, period. If u have a child, they come first, hobbies second. Bed made lie
October 09, 2015
I find these women especially laughable because I'm a staunch proponent of married couples maintaining their own hobbies and experiences. Hell, I'm gone into the woods for a few weeks at a time at work in the summer. We miss each other, but he is busy with work and friends and his own life. I'm busy with work and my friends there.

These "cycling widows" would NOT be happy if they were married to me.

I can't count how many times I've seen couples on the rocks over really intense hobbies. You can't expect someone to stop being who they are just because you marry them and reproduce. And likewise, you can't expect your obsessive hobby to still be constantly front and center after you have kids.
October 09, 2015
bookworm
Also, who the hell names their fuck trophy 'Dory'????

Uhh...Dory is an actual name. It's a diminutive of Doris or Dorothy and it's a Lebanese name as well. Out of all the terrible names breeders name their spawn, this is not one of them.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 09, 2015
Gee, when I love an activity I just can't wait to give it up under the guise of 'adulthood'.
October 09, 2015
yurble
Gee, when I love an activity I just can't wait to give it up under the guise of 'adulthood'.

Seriously. Adults can balance responsibilities with enjoyable activities. Moos really sell this breederhood thing by stating that we have to give up everything we enjoy for a brat and the only things we get to enjoy are the things the brat enjoys.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 09, 2015
People with obsessive hobbies of any kind need to remain single or find a partner who shares their level of obsession.
They don't need to have brats.
Any man who breeds should know his hobby time is and should be cut drastically. They have a child to raise and the women are idiots for not saying "I'm off for my hobby for the weekend. You, the father, are in charge of sprog for the entire weekend" of his biking event.
Just to make a point.
October 09, 2015
cfdavep
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/549711/Bought-your-husband-a-bike-for-Christmas-Welcome-to-the-Cycling-Widows-Club

I guess there are some duh's that REALLY get into road biking nowadays. The moos call themselves "cycling widows." One moo travelled with hubby for 15,000 miles on a bike in the hope that after the mega adventure he would happily settle into "family bliss" after baybee. Some of these men admitted that they are obessed with racing bikes to get time away from "the fanily" I actually have a fairly high end mountain bike with one of the wheels being carbon and I have a bit of a time getting DH out for riding. It seems the opposite with these moos trying to get hubby off the bike and into the diapers

The husbands need to be into changing diapers. They want to make a baby, they can care for the child. Weh, weh, weh if they have to cut back on biking to take care of their own brats.
This is a reason to stay CF. I can pursue my hobbies without obligation to a brat.
Anonymous User
October 10, 2015
My OH has an all consuming motorcycle obsession and I knew that getting into our relationship. I sometimes tease him about it but that's it. This woman needs to get a life or let him know he needs to pull his weight.

This is one of many reasons that I'm CF. I love my OH to bits but I know he wouldn't pull his weight raising kids and would suddenly be even more obsessed with bikes than he already is (and I wouldn't blame him). That's how his friends with kids have turned out, depserate to get away any chance they get. There's no way I'd want to be stuck at home with a kid all they time. It's my idea of hell sad smiley
October 10, 2015
Yes, both myself and my husband have very obsessive hobbies that are *very* different from one another. But we also both enjoy each other's hobbies and are able to share them from time to time, while still respecting the separation and the need to enjoy something that is our own.

It always appalls me how many people will force their SOs out of something they love for ridiculous reasons.

~ The Goat Whisperer ~
I have almost 200 kids and every one of them is smarter than your child.
October 10, 2015
One other thought occurred to me: road cycling is probably a perfect hobby for dodging the kids. With a lot of popular hobbies, there's always "well, take Junior along and teach him how/do it with him". I'm sure that a lot of the guys rely on their bike time as me-time.
October 11, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
People with obsessive hobbies of any kind need to remain single or find a partner who shares their level of obsession.
They don't need to have brats.
Any man who breeds should know his hobby time is and should be cut drastically. They have a child to raise and the women are idiots for not saying "I'm off for my hobby for the weekend. You, the father, are in charge of sprog for the entire weekend" of his biking event.
Just to make a point.

I have to agree on this one. Hobbies are an addiction for some men, and like any chemical addiction, if it sucks most of your time and income and harms others, you need to quit or cut back to manageable levels. Or just don't get married. My husband has a rotating series of obsessions like cars, fishing, etc. but he still pays the bills and doesn't turn every vacation into a "hobby" vacation.

Having said that, I think most moos WANT to suck the joy out of a mans life, resentful that they're saddled with cuntwork after sprogging. Babies, that's their addiction.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 11, 2015
I'll probably take a lot of flack for saying this, but...

Married men are more likely to have real hobbies and interests than their wives do.

Meanwhile, the wives - who are usually Moos - want to include their husband is every single little fucking activity they engage in.

Activities that, well, men really do not want to be a part of.

Like:

Shopping
Tea and petite-fours for lunch

ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, the husbands want to spend time watching sports on tv (which is fine; it's a guy thing), bikes, fishing, whatever.

The vast majority of married men do not want to be turned into women and be their wives' best girlfriend.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high in the United States.
October 11, 2015
@selidororous, regardless of potential flack, that is pretty true. I've seen it many times, and while there's always exceptions, I think a lot of Moo-wives just lose their identities so much to marriage and breeding that they forget how to have fun. Everything has to revolve around BABBY and being a wife, and those roles become the woman's "hobbies." They get so deep into their domestic lives and obligations that they lose sight of the person with unique tastes and interests who their husbands fell in love with.

Women like to drag their men along for the ride when they pursue really girly hobbies, even when it's obvious the guys have zero interest. If a wife and husband have interests that the other spouse has absolutely zero desire to take part in, that's okay. I think there's this prevailing belief that you MUST ALWAYS do things together as a couple in order to be officially in love and there's something wrong with you/your relationship if you don't constantly spend time together doing stuff. Some couples may have a couple things in common to do together, but it's not horrible for each half of the couple to go off in different directions and each of them do what they want to do now and again with their own friends.

Moo-wives tend to like making their husbands take part in their sorry excuses for hobbies and it's obvious the guy is bored to death and does not want to be part of what Moo wants to do, but it's always all about what Moo wants. Meanwhile, if he tries to pursue his own interests (which Moo-wife is almost never interested in herself), she'll try to make him feel guilty about daring to want to do shit she doesn't want/like to do. And if he were to do the same to her when he's dragged along to the maul to shop for seven straight hours, she'd complain to her heifer friends about what a selfish asshole he is. I promise I'm not trying to be stereotypical - it's just I have seen this shit play out repeatedly.

Couples do not need to be in constant contact with one another! This is how my ex is with his brain-dead wife. She has NOTHING in common with anyone in our social circle, but since the lovebirds can't be out of eyeshot of one another for longer than 15 seconds, she always accompanies him to our get-togethers. I don't know if that's because Ex makes her go or she insists on going, but either way, it's why we no longer invite their asses to anything. Everything we say and do goes totally over her head because she has no interest in our hobbies and is a complete moron. You know that girlfriend that a guy in your group of friends has that none of the other guys likes? My ex married that girl. Some of our more straightforward mutual friends have even told Ex to his face, "You can come to (party), but leave the ball and chain at home."
October 11, 2015
Cambion- Total agreement re: maintaining one's own hobbies, friends, etc. All couples I know that have been together a long time AND are still really damned happy, regardless of procreative status, have their own friends as well as friends in common. Spending too much time together and expecting your spouse to be your major social outlet is really unhealthy.

Several years ago I had time off during the summer while my husband was working. So I went on a week-long backpacking trip in a different part of the state with a buddy of mine. It was a fantastic trip! That fall I was surprised at how many people's first question or comment was, "Didn't your husband mind that you went without him??". Uh, no. He thought it was great, and honestly he isn't as into looooong hikes as I am. So it was perfect. People had a hard time wrapping their brains around the idea that my husband was HAPPY for me.
October 11, 2015
selidororous

Married men are more likely to have real hobbies and interests than their wives do.

I personally cannot say that married or single men have more or less hobbies, depending on their marriage status. What I did notice is that married men must often "report to control tower" before they are allowed to go anywhere or do anything with other men, even if it is something like going to a bar after work for an hour. The "control tower" often gets really upset and the "request" is often not granted.

One example that I have noticed is a married woman who bitched 24/7 because her husband went to hike Grand Canyon 3 years ago, was gone for 3 days and now he wants to go again. Guys, you should see how pissed off some of these women are.

I don't think married men do more stuff or have more hobbies, if anything, I think they do less. The big difference is that their wives complain so much about it, it is easy to think that the man is indeed gone for 24/7.
October 12, 2015
paragon schnitzophonic

Seriously. Adults can balance responsibilities with enjoyable activities. Moos really sell this breederhood thing by stating that we have to give up everything we enjoy for a brat and the only things we get to enjoy are the things the brat enjoys.

I recall hearing younger and older women discussing young men who need to grow up and face responsibility. They were referring to a man getting married and starting a family. They weren't referring to young women because that was a given and this wasn't a conversation about young women or men obtaining training or a job either. This was a one way road with no detours (and that includes hobbies and passions). I heard this conversation as a young child until I became an adult. It was ingrained in the Bible Belt culture. Often heard in the same discussion: "blank weeks pregnant." The implication was a shot gun weddin'.the finger smiley

Not sure about other geographical areas, it may depend more on the famblee.
October 12, 2015
selidororous

No. I'm a female and I have tons of hobbies: photography, fishing, hiking, cooking, urban/country exploring, biking, rock collecting, off-roading, camping, painting, archery, reading, etc. Not really into camping or biking anymore (insomnia and working kind of eliminated that one).
And I'm very girly girl looking.

My former husband and I while dating were constantly going on adventures together and then I'd make a great meal when
we returned. I was the one who convinced him to try fishing and urban exploring.

Fast forward to marriage: he no longer likes to do any of that with me, he wants to spend all his free time with co-workers, (who he could not stand while we were dating), play online games and he started drinking. Total personality changes can take place after a marriage.
October 12, 2015
It isn't about growing up or giving up hobbies for a partner but if people sprog they need to know they can not just indulge in hobbies that require 50 hours a week, are using money the family needs for essentials or if they decide to become obsessive after marriage or breeding.
For example, I knew a woman whose husband got obsessed with some computer game after they were wed and bred. It started with weekends that consisted of the living room filled with men who made a mess playing this game for over 8 hours. Family obligations were ignored. She also worked 40 hours a week but he expected her to not only provide childcare for his own spawn alone but to provide snacks and beer to the guys. Then it turned into staying up until all hours of the night capped off by him being fired for missing work or sleeping because he had played the damn game all night.
October 13, 2015
I dated an obsessive cyclist. Guess what, he turned me into a cyclist and I love it. I still do it and we broke up years ago. My ex is exactly as described here, even going so far as to buy a van and have it custom outfitted to carry bicycles. The only annoying thing was that there really was no vacation that didn't involve cycling somewhere, and he did leave me on several rides to do the longer portion. I got hopelessly lost and/or left behind and separated from everybody else a few times and was steaming mad at him. We broke up, but not over cycling. He was cheating on me with some fugly bitch 20 years older than me who didn't cycle.

Why doesn't this bitch either get her ass back on the bike or tell him she's going to Corsica for vacation and that he can fuck right off with the Massif Central? If you don't like it, don't do it! I hate it when people go along with something over and over and then complain about it instead of just simply saying, "No."
October 13, 2015
randomcfchick
One other thought occurred to me: road cycling is probably a perfect hobby for dodging the kids. With a lot of popular hobbies, there's always "well, take Junior along and teach him how/do it with him". I'm sure that a lot of the guys rely on their bike time as me-time.

Surfing is like that too. I live in SoCal where everybody is worthless, and the Duhs use surfing as an excuse to miss the first half of every weekend day while Moo stays home and deals with the brats. I know a guy who drags his kyd along now that he's old enough, but the kyd is a dyed-in-the-wool-coke-bottle-glasses nerd and hates surfing. Duh doesn't care, still forces it on him.
October 15, 2015
Techie

I personally cannot say that married or single men have more or less hobbies, depending on their marriage status. What I did notice is that married men must often "report to control tower" before they are allowed to go anywhere or do anything with other men, even if it is something like going to a bar after work for an hour. The "control tower" often gets really upset and the "request" is often not granted.

Yeah, my husband noticed that at his workplace, too. He'd call me during lunch and say, "I'm going to get a beer with some co-workers after work." and most of the time I'd say something like "All righty. You gonna get dinner there, too? I'm eating at sevenish." Apparently some of the guys were stunned that he "had it that easy". I didn't think that respecting my husband's social times qualified me as the "cool wife". But apparently the capper was that that I didn't mind that the co-worker group often included women. Apparently female friends are not allowed anymore for some guys.
October 15, 2015
selidororous

Meanwhile, the wives - who are usually Moos - want to include their husband is every single little fucking activity they engage in.

Activities that, well, men really do not want to be a part of.

Like:

Shopping
Tea and petite-fours for lunch

ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, the husbands want to spend time watching sports on tv (which is fine; it's a guy thing), bikes, fishing, whatever.

The vast majority of married men do not want to be turned into women and be their wives' best girlfriend.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high in the United States.

Way to stereotype men and women. This is the same mindset that says women all want marriage and babies and men are just lovable shlubs who need a wife/mommy figure to correct them.

Evan Davis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login