Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking "meternity" leave before mooternity leave

Posted by cfdavep 
Re: Taking "meternity" leave before mooternity leave
May 01, 2016
yurble
I absolutely agree that the government should not be giving preference to one lifestyle decision over another. However, I think that things which are not decisions cannot be planned for and deserve compassion, so I would not like to see sick days and bereavement lumped in with choices.

Also, I've noticed that when sick days and vacation come from the same pool, people come into work ill and spread it on to others, leading to a worse net effect on productivity than if they just stayed home to recover.

Those are legit points. People don't choose to have their mom die, nor do they choose to have cancer, rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups, or other health conditions like that.

I don't want to encourage people to come to work sick...nor do I think that never taking a day off is a sign of a better worker. I like the idea of employees using those PTO days at their discretion, but you do make a case for maintaining a separate bank of days for illness vs. personal vacation days.

I think part of the solution is increasing the personal vacation days, because it's already been proven that it doesn't cause the problems people fear.

The other part of the solution will be harder...because it involves changing the way people define "good work ethic". We need to stop seeing coming to work ill or injured as a sign of dedication and hard work. That will require a massive sea change in corporate culture.
Gads but I am SICK and tired of breeders whining about how awful it is to have kids. Last time I checked, at least in North America, no one was being forced, with guns to their heads, to have and keep babies. So shut the hell up about it. I do NOT care. Number 8 on this list made me want to jump out a window to get away from the images.

Here, I'll share! "8. You must rub sandpaper over your nipples until they are red and bleeding. Once this is achieved, you are required to tug on them 15,000 times a day. You may opt out of this but you are required to feel like a terrible person." eye popping smiley
May 01, 2016
tea princess
writer44
Someone (an entitlemoo) on my Facebook shared this: http://yackler.ca/want-maternity-leave-without-kids-ok-heres-go/

wow. If moohood is so terrible, why did she chose it? Btw I love it when she compares her kids to baboons and badgers.

I don't understand this part, though: "Here’s a weird thing: A bear or a cougar or something scary will be unleashed in your house and will be threatening everything you love. But you can’t see it and you are the only person who knows its there. Nobody believes you. You know you sound crazy but IT’S THERE." Is this some poetic metaphor for baby blues or by "bear or cougar" she means the kid and its tendency to break everything and eat everything?

Wow. Bitter party of one with a special stupid booster seat. She knew one kid was comparable to a baboon or badger but that didn't stop her from having more!
May 02, 2016
I went through the ratings on Amazon.
Obviously, there are plenty of Moo-Cunts who just downvoted
the author without reading the book!
Haters gonna hate.
So weird, I always thought that parenting makes you
more compassionate, mature...
May 02, 2016
Amazon:

During the six weeks after birth, most time is spent caring for the stitches and healing of a mutilated vagina, hobbling to and from the bathroom, swollen and painful breasts, wandering through a fog of sleep deprivation, questioning the purpose of life, feeling horrible about creeping feelings of regret about having a child in the first place, and the slow sinking realization that life as you know it is over. For other mothers, postpartum depression kicks in which can then lead to dark thoughts and suicidal ideations.

Declaring that maternity leave is a benefit that allows for downtime and introspection is irresponsibly shortsighted and dehumanizing the experience of parenthood, which in and of itself is the ultimate sacrifice of one's personal life.
May 02, 2016
randomcfchick
yurble
I absolutely agree that the government should not be giving preference to one lifestyle decision over another. However, I think that things which are not decisions cannot be planned for and deserve compassion, so I would not like to see sick days and bereavement lumped in with choices.

Also, I've noticed that when sick days and vacation come from the same pool, people come into work ill and spread it on to others, leading to a worse net effect on productivity than if they just stayed home to recover.

Those are legit points. People don't choose to have their mom die, nor do they choose to have cancer, rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups, or other health conditions like that.

I don't want to encourage people to come to work sick...nor do I think that never taking a day off is a sign of a better worker. I like the idea of employees using those PTO days at their discretion, but you do make a case for maintaining a separate bank of days for illness vs. personal vacation days.

I think part of the solution is increasing the personal vacation days, because it's already been proven that it doesn't cause the problems people fear.

The other part of the solution will be harder...because it involves changing the way people define "good work ethic". We need to stop seeing coming to work ill or injured as a sign of dedication and hard work. That will require a massive sea change in corporate culture.

I get about one month of vacation per year. I also rarely work overtime. I've not driven the economy to collapse, and studies show that among knowledge workers more hours doesn't correspond to greater productivity. Plus I am not inclined to pull a "sickie".

One approach I have seen to illness which I like is this. There are no set number of days for illness, sick days are used when needed. The company takes out insurance against the costs of the illness of its employees. The insurance is legally permitted to send a doctor to the person's home to confirm the illness, although not to share details of it with the employer. In practice, it is most cost-effective to only check if the illness is long-term or if there is a suspicious pattern of short-term illnesses. The end result is that people stay home when they are sick, and there appears to be very little abuse of the system going on (as in, the number of sick days called in is no higher than neighboring countries).

And, of course, the disease is less likely to infect the rest of the office. So you have a couple of people out of the office, instead of everyone in the office, but working at 50% because they all feel crummy.
May 02, 2016
mrs. chinaski
Amazon:

During the six weeks after birth, most time is spent caring for the stitches and healing of a mutilated vagina, hobbling to and from the bathroom, swollen and painful breasts, wandering through a fog of sleep deprivation, questioning the purpose of life, feeling horrible about creeping feelings of regret about having a child in the first place, and the slow sinking realization that life as you know it is over. For other mothers, postpartum depression kicks in which can then lead to dark thoughts and suicidal ideations.

Declaring that maternity leave is a benefit that allows for downtime and introspection is irresponsibly shortsighted and dehumanizing the experience of parenthood, which in and of itself is the ultimate sacrifice of one's personal life.

Gee, it's a shame they didn't have any choice in the matter whatsoever! But, with the world so dangerously underpopulated, all women need to set aside their personal preferences and start breeding. Remember, you don't do it for any of the selfish reasons like wanting children, passing on the family name, or binding your partner to you, you do it to altruistically provide the world with taxpayers who are someday going to change the nappies of today's rich and powerful. We have so many jobs and not enough people to fill them! Nothing less than the whole survival of our species depends on reproducing, because our biggest threat of extinction comes from our our dwindling numbers.
May 03, 2016
mrs. chinaski
Amazon:

I've always been told by every moo that they forget about all the pain, etc. from childbirth. Once again, they're proving themselves liars. They don't forget anything. Not that I ever believed it for even a second.
"I've always been told by every moo that they forget about all the pain, etc. from childbirth. Once again, they're proving themselves liars."

Well, I bet you remember how it felt to break a bone. Recover from wisdom tooth surgery. Heal a bad cut. Why would people remember that and forget childbirth pain? It's not as if the end result is so wonderful it could truly wipe out that pain memory!
May 03, 2016
@ yurble: thumbs up

I also don't believe that you forget the pain. How could you?

One more Amazon rating (yeah, I cannot resist..):

My daughter nurses 10-12 times a day and averages about 30-45 minutes at each nursing = 5-9hrs
+
10 diaper changes at 6 minutes each because she likes to squirm and fight me = 1hr
+
TRYING to clean up myself and the house because she literally threw up on my boob while nursing and it got all over me and the bed sheets = a couple hours

THAT IS THE FIRST SEVERAL WEEKS OF MOTHERHOOD - basically 7-12 hours a day keeping another human alive. I'm not complaining about it just stating that this was what my maternity leave was like.
Someone needs to Bitch slap meghann.
May 04, 2016
OK great. So mommies are special snowflakes who deserve perks no one else gets because their leave is no picnic.

SO what skills do you bring back to the workplace once you deign to grace us with your almighty presence, since clearly none of your time is spent on job improving skills or activities?

The fact that you still have a job should be the only perk you have that others may not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 04, 2016
Those who subject themselves to the parasite also lose 10% of their brain mass for each birth. Depending on how long they recuperate between parasites, they can get MOST of that back, but not all. Now do that multiple times.

I can imagine it is easy to forget the experience when you have to remodel and replace a lot of brain tissue each time.

And yet still, it is a lie. I know because I know ONE honest breeder. First time making babies came up between us, she was full of "good for you!"s. She told me everyone lied to her and made it sound like it would be a great experience, and it WASNT. She remembers every excruciating detail.

And me, I have a problem forgetting unpleasant experiences, if I had bred, it would stick with me for life.

But fortunately my own moo told me birth is passing a bowling ball through a garden hose when I was six, so I was all NUH UH! NEVER!!! even that early. She immediately switched tracks the way moos do, telling me it's all Kodak moments and roses, which I knew was a lie because she despised me no matter how well behaved I was. Busted the lies as early as I could.
May 04, 2016

My daughter nurses 10-12 times a day and averages about 30-45 minutes at each nursing = 5-9hrs

Just give her the fucking bottle... oh I forgot, then she wouldn't get majikal tit juice which cures everything.

TRYING to clean up myself and the house because she literally threw up on my boob while nursing and it got all over me and the bed sheets = a couple hours

Taking off bed sheets and putting them into the washing machine: a few minutes
Putting your clothes into the washing machine: a few moments
Taking a shower to get rid of vomit: a few minutes
Putting on clean clothes: a minute
Bitching about it on the internet: a couple hours
May 04, 2016
tea princess

Taking off bed sheets and putting them into the washing machine: a few minutes
Putting your clothes into the washing machine: a few moments
Taking a shower to get rid of vomit: a few minutes
Putting on clean clothes: a minute
Bitching about it on the internet: a couple hours

After 1 time lets hope the moo had the sense to grab a pillow with a waterproof cover and beastfeed in the bathtub to avoid the mess. Cleanup would be minimal. Then moo and loaf could shower and it would be done.

I recall puking as a kid when I saw/smelled other kids puking due to a weak stomach and being told, when you have kids your stomach will grow stronger. Knew that wasn't in my future, no thanks to inviting puke into my life. And what kind of jerk tells a 6 year old that in the first place? The people espousing wisdom to children which begins with assumptive phrase of when you have kids.... are likely the same people who breeder bingo others.

I recall hearing when you have kids.... quite a bit as a kid!

+
10 diaper changes at 6 minutes each because she likes to squirm and fight me = 1hr
+

THAT IS THE FIRST SEVERAL WEEKS OF MOTHERHOOD - basically 7-12 hours a day keeping another human alive. I'm not complaining about it just stating that this was what my maternity leave was like.

Jeebus Christ. Why oh why oh why does any thinking being put themselves through this voluntarily?! I am [almost] speechless with horror
May 04, 2016
onlyanimalsnohumans

+
+

Jeebus Christ. Why oh why oh why does any thinking being put themselves through this voluntarily?! I am [almost] speechless with horror

But remember, moo isn't complaining so she must be bragging. moody smiley
May 08, 2016
I fail to see how this is "all worth it".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login