Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Wife Doesn't Want Kids. Did I Marry a Freak?

Posted by KABA 
The guy knew. He made a stupid assumption. I just hope the woman in question has had herself sterilized or is willing and able to get an abortion should a mistake occur.

No one is responsible for the reproductive destiny of another. Each of us bears that alone. If you don't want kids, get fixed. It's really that simple.
Sounds like my EX-husband.

I've never had a single regret about divorcing him and I think that this woman would be well rid of her leech too.

What fooled me, besides being young and inexperienced, was that I knew he had no desire for kids himself when we got married. He didn't like spending time with his baby cousin or with any other children. He didn't gravitate toward children in any way. Even when we divorced, I never sensed that he actually wanted to RAISE children.

What I didn't know about was that his family was a major clusterfuck. He was his parents' golden sprog, and damned if he wasn't going to give them the golden grand-sprog. And do it BEFORE his sister could. He didn't talk about kids until his sister got engaged, and then all he wanted was to have a child popped out. But since he didn't like children himself, he didn't want to have to care for it or, you know, actually parent it, so that job was going to fall disproportionately on me. I refused.

His sister was pregnant when we divorced and she had a son (and I also can't tell you how much I fucking hate hate HATE people who value boys over girls). So it was too late for the ex to have the golden sprog, so now that he's remarried, guess who doesn't have kids. And I'm sure we could have stayed together if I'd put off divorcing him until it was too late to have the first grandson, but I'd never have been able to respect him again knowing what he expected me to do.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Kids. Did I Marry a Freak?
October 19, 2010
WTF is wrong with him?? she TOLD him before they were married that she wouldn't ever want kids and he thinks she would change her mind??? what makes her un-normal simply because she doesn't want kids??

what an asshole her husband is! He should STFU and be grateful that an educated woman with a good career would want to stay married to a douchbag like that! angry flipping off
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Kids. Did I Marry a Freak?
October 19, 2010
Cambion
It amazes me how many men - usually the ones who have kyds - act like children themselves. They need to be tremendously praised for doing the simplest task (even if it's a half-assed attempt) if there's to be any chance he'll do the same thing again. This could be anything, from changing a diaper to washing the dishes. Why do these men want to be so helpless? How masculine is a man who can't get off his fat hairy ass and put a plate in the sink, underwear in the hamper, or make his own fucking sandwich? These men are the product of mothers who raised them to believe they deserve to be waited on hand and foot because they have the coveted grand-baby-producing penis, and the women who marry them and stay with them forever are the kinds who want to take care of children - either literal children or men who act like defenseless little brats.

I'm sure the woman in the OP is the breadwinner, and Duh either has some dead-end job, no job, is on unemployment or welfare. Why is it always whoever isn't working in a relationship is the one to decide they want to have kids?

This.

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login