Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day:rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day:rolleyes2
October 16, 2010
http://www.october15th.com/faq.htm#top

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day?
A day of remembrance for all babies who have died to soon, from early pregnancy loss thru infant death.

When is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day?
October 15th of every year.

When did Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day start?
The day was thought of by Robyn Bear. After having had six miscarriage with little to no support, she felt a day was needed for parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and the world to unite and remember these beloved babies.

Knowing she couldn't do this alone, she shared her thoughts with Lisa Brown and they decided to do what they could to make this day happen.

We advertised for volunteers from all 50 states to lend help in getting these proclamations signed. To date, we have close to 70 men and women working with us to achieve this day.

Why have a day of remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss?
Because EVERY life, even the tiniest and shortest lived deserves to be acknowledged and remembered. The parents of these children never forget, we would just like one day of the year for everyone else to remember then too.

How can I help?
Contact The White House and your Governors Office and tell them you support Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Call your local news station or news paper to see if they can run a story on your loss, so people in your area know they aren't alone.

What can I do on this day?
We ask everyone to light a candle at 7pm in their time zone. Spread the word, increase support, educate and make people aware of pregnancy and infant loss. For a list of ideas and ways to observe Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day visit our Ideas to Help page.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day:rolleyes2
October 16, 2010
Oh for fuck's sake! Yet another way for hysterical wannamoos to attention-whore over a late period!

How can I help? Contact The White House and your Governors Office and tell them you support Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

This is so RIDICULOUS. Think of all the wannamoos contacting the White House over the strawberry jam mess in their panties (credit to Miss Hannigan for that hilarious term).

Call your local news station or news paper to see if they can run a story on your loss, so people in your area know they aren't alone.

Okay, if someone is REALLY concerned about letting people know they're not alone, why wouldn't they at least request a GENERAL story about strawberry jam messes, NOT a specific story on THEIR loss. That's called....attention-whoring.

Spread the word, increase support, educate and make people aware of pregnancy and infant loss.

Translation: Continue being a self-absorbed pain in the ass to everyone around you, because after all, YOUR "loss" is the only thing that matters. Everyone has crap they're dealing with in their personal lives, but many people choose to be discreet and not make it ALL ABOUT THEM.

(When I saw "spread the word," I almost expected to see "spread your legs and try again.")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
October 16, 2010
angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames spanking with a whip on the ass angry face saying 'eat me' hitting over the head with a hammer

Help spread the word:

eye rolling smiley

lab mom
October 16, 2010
I remember my day of mourning. I met a lass named Wendy one day and we had a one nighter. The next day I just knew something special had happened. I could feel the life growing inside me. Later that day I had to go to the bathroom and felt that something was wrong. I felt cramping and felt the little life leave my body and plop into the toilet. I was so devastated, and looking down I saw his little face look up at me. I just had to take a picture of the life that could have been.

I'm also sorry for the Wendy and papa to be Dave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 16, 2010
What day is "The world is fucking full, assholes" day? Maybe we can celebrate it on the 15th too, and thank those whose efforts to overcrowd it further failed.
October 16, 2010
yurble
What day is "The world is fucking full, assholes" day? Maybe we can celebrate it on the 15th too, and thank those whose efforts to overcrowd it further failed.

waving hellolarious

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
October 16, 2010
CherryBlossom
yurble

waving hellolarious

Thank you

lab mom
October 16, 2010
Such human ego indeed.openmouthed shock
October 16, 2010

After having had six miscarriage

Take a hint, lady.
October 16, 2010
A few things jumped out at me when I read over the "FAQ", which by the way didn't include mine, but I didn't have time earlier to expound on my thoughts, but I do now:

1)So, she had SIX miscarriages and didn't get any attention from the ".....parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and the world....", so she created a NATIONAL DAY OF REMEMBRANCE to force people(including her famblee) to not only give her the attention she thinks that she deserves for the original clumps, but EVERY year from now until eternity.

2)The thing about EVERY life is special and should be remembered, I don't disagree necesssarily, although a heavy period actually having been a "life" is debatable. HOWEVER, a clump should not be "remembered" by anyone except for the one who passed it and perhaps the one who helped to put it there.

3)I couldn't help but notice how, although she never had a stillbirth or an infant to die after delivery, she passively aggressively included THOSE actual childrens' deaths along with the clumps deaths as an OBVIOUS way to make her "loss" seem more important. I would be willing to bet that she has VERY FEW members who have actually lost children.

4)Why do people need to call the fucking White House, for God's sake? WHAT is there to "support". Why should the ENTIRE world mourn about someone's miscarriage who they have NEVER met? I would HATE to answer a call like that and I feel sorry for the secretaries who do.Imagine getting a cool job at the govenor's office and then being bothered by that nonsense.

5)What makes these moos think that a miscarriage needs to be nationally "remembered" and a special day set aside for it? Why not National Widow's Day, Widower's Day, AGES 1-3 DAY, AGES 4-12 DAY, AGES 13-18, DAY, so on and so forth? If EVERY life is important, why not have an every single day "remembrance" for past, present, and future people who have died, are in the process of dying, and of who WILL die on that day?confused smiley

:sbxTHIS isn't about remembering dead babies, at all in the least. It is a "Remember MY loss" day for the moo and no one else. It is so painfully obvious that this is what it's all about, it's patently absurd. I am embarrased for these women and their families. These losses are personal, like every other single kind of loss for every single other human being IN THE WORLD. They are NOT special in the loss and grief department because they had a miscarriage. I wonder if they accept members who have aborted by choice and still mourn? I doubt it.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
October 16, 2010
So, 16,000 kids (who are already born) starve to death every day...
October 16, 2010
After having had six miscarriage with little to no support, she felt a day was needed for parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and the world to unite and remember these beloved babies.

I think instead of "support," she means slavering attention. This is the ultimate "look at MEEEEE" ploy. What a skank. To whom were these blobs of placenta "beloved"? Why aren't they having a monthly holiday for their periods, after all that is a potential baby right there that they are soaking up in a tampon every month. I mean, where does this bullshit end? And you can bet they are going to expect a day off work because of it. Sure, it might fall on a Sunday, but there will be so much carryover trauma they couldn't possibly be expected to show up for work on Monday. What are we, heartless?? Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
October 16, 2010
Does this day count toward all sperm that did not get ejaculated into a vagina too? After all, that was a tiny, short-lived life too. Millions upon millions of them, in fact, that all had the potential to be children...except the man they came out of was smart enough to wank into a sock than into a whiny bitch-wanna-Moo.

Why do we need to be made aware of miscarriage, stillbirth and infants dying? We know it happens. Oh, wait...Moos just want to go "Lookit MEEEE and MY dead baybee/clump! Woe is MEEE! ME! ME again!" It's an attention whore-iday, not an awareness movement. I thought grieving was meat to be something people did quietly and kept to a personal level, not screaming from the tops of mountains that something or someone died. I certainly wouldn't want to tell the whole world I was grieving - I'd tell those closest to me, but not fucking everyone.
October 16, 2010
These people do not need a "day." They need professional help.
October 16, 2010
A loss of a "life" (if you want to call it that... ahh... it's questionable, but okay) is only valuable to those who have actually been affected by it. We don't need a day to commemorate other people's losses for which we as a society feel no connection.

And last I checked, the President, congress, and our governors and state legislatures were up to their eyeballs in ACTUAL PROBLEMS faced by our nation and states. Politicians should not waste any time on this matter.
October 17, 2010
KABA
I remember my day of mourning. I met a lass named Wendy one day and we had a one nighter. The next day I just knew something special had happened. I could feel the life growing inside me. Later that day I had to go to the bathroom and felt that something was wrong. I felt cramping and felt the little life leave my body and plop into the toilet. I was so devastated, and looking down I saw his little face look up at me. I just had to take a picture of the life that could have been.

I'm also sorry for the Wendy and papa to be Dave.

Sniff, it used to be bacon
October 17, 2010
Cambion
Does this day count toward all sperm that did not get ejaculated into a vagina too? After all, that was a tiny, short-lived life too. Millions upon millions of them, in fact, that all had the potential to be children...except the man they came out of was smart enough to wank into a sock than into a whiny bitch-wanna-Moo.

We can make this a whole week of mourning.
On day 1, we will mourn infant deaths.
On day 2, we will mourn stillborn infants.
On day 3, we will mourn the miscarried fetus.
On day 4, we will mourn the blood clots.
On day 5, we will mourn all the sperm that never fertilized an egg.
On day 6, we will mourn all the eggs which were never fertilized.
On day 7, we will mourn all the zygote permutations which didn't occur. Every time a sperm fertilizes an egg, not only are the other sperm in that ejaculate lost, but so are all the other potential combinations of egg and sperm. The fetus which could have existed had another sperm fertilized the egg is lost forever. So, too, are the millions of different potential fetuses which could have existed if the man had had sex with a different woman. It's astronomical how many potential humans are lost each minute! Just some rough math, if 1/4 of the world's 7 billion are females in reproductive age, and that each is fertile for 4 days out of 30, and 1/4 of the world's 7 billion are males of reproductive age, producing 111 million sperm per ejaculate, supposing that they ejaculate once per day, and there are 490,000 babies born per day (we'll assume an equal number conceived each day) (cool smiley, then: 7,000,000,000,000/4 * 111,000,000 = sperm released daily (S) and 175,000,000,000/(30/4) = eggs available daily (E), which means a total of S * E permutations, less B. OMG! That's like 4.5^29 babies per day! That's more than there are stars in the universe (10^23)! And this is just on one day. Think of how many there would be if you looked at every day in the past, since the dawn of human civilization!!! The further in the past a potential baby was lost, the more impact it has today, because of all the different sperm or eggs which would have been created by that person instead of the person who was born instead!!!!!!! If we all spent a lifetime weeping, we could still never produce one tear per billion lost children. It's all too much sadness to endure!!!!! :bawl

At no point shall we mourn the children and adults who die every day from starvation, violence, or preventable diseases.
October 17, 2010
kidlesskim

Yarst. I checked the site. The webpage layout must come from the same source as the person who designs boxes and containers for Kotex and Stayfree. Pastels and butterflies. At least once I turned the sound on there was no "Tears From Heaven" midi playing. I would have seriously upchucked the delicious breakfast Dh made for me.
October 17, 2010
JayJay
These people do not need a "day." They need professional help.

thumbs upup
October 17, 2010
Dorisan
kidlesskim

Yarst. I checked the site. The webpage layout must come from the same source as the person who designs boxes and containers for Kotex and Stayfree. Pastels and butterflies. At least once I turned the sound on there was no "Tears From Heaven" midi playing. I would have seriously upchucked the delicious breakfast Dh made for me.

Yeah and they make a BIG deal about their software/graphics and how they will prosecute if there are any copyright violations. I mean WHO would want to copy(and use) what amounts to a "design" on a Kotex box? I think that a copyright infraction has already been made, on their part. Someone should notify the Kimberly Clark Corporation immediately.

October 17, 2010
I have a relative who has had four kids and three miscarriages. The way she carries on about the miscarriages, you'd think she didn't have any real, living children who need her attention. I don't know why she isn't grateful for the miscarriages, as clearly, it was nature's way of not burdening her and her husband with a defective child.
October 17, 2010
http://www.october15th.com/meet-the-staff.htm

"Lisa Brown is the mother of 3. She has one angel on earth, Taylor Lisa, born October 1993. She has two angels in heaven, Little One, March 1997, who died at 4 1/2 weeks in utero and Jackson Robert who died at 17 weeks in utero."

FFS, 4 1/2 weeks?? How do you even know you are pregnant before a month goes by?

And ugh, the names of the kyds of the other "staff" person:

"She has had six first trimester miscarriages and has since gone on to have a beautiful daughter named Peyton Elizabeth and beautiful twin daughters, Madison Lynn and Brooklyn Amber. She also has 2 step children, Kyle and Nicole."
October 17, 2010
These people are insane!

"Stac *short for Stacey* is a mother of 3, along with a wee Angel Baby Boy named Christopher Jason in Heaven who earned his wings on January 21, 2000 due to a tubal pregnancy at 8 weeks gestation. Little Christopher's memorial stone is placed in his very own Angel Garden next to his Uncle Mike's grave marker, that his Mommy made in his memory, located in front of the home, which is decorated often, and lit up."
October 17, 2010
That's the double-edged sword with these home pregnancy tests. I'm glad that we have them, so that women who want to get abortions can know very early on, but it's also bad for women who want to be pregnant, and find out they are, only to get their period three weeks later.
October 17, 2010
gymrat
That's the double-edged sword with these home pregnancy tests. I'm glad that we have them, so that women who want to get abortions can know very early on, but it's also bad for women who want to be pregnant, and find out they are, only to get their period three weeks later.

I think they are very useful things--using a home pregnancy test is the fastest way of bringing on a late period. There should be a Murphy's Law about it. Whenever you're late enough to start worrying, and do a test, it's almost a guarantee that it will start the next day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login