Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Craigslist Cavalcade of Contraception Catastrophies: December/Holiday Edition

Posted by navi8orgirl 
I first remember a friend of mine telling me about Craig's List about eight years ago. He explained that it was a great place to barter goods and services, and find things easier than you would if you went to yard sales. I remember thinking, Wow! What a great idea! Too bad it has turned into a Breeder greed-fest. Sad.
WTH are you finding these posts? What section are they from?

I really don't look around CL very much aside from the apartment and job sections.
navi8orgirl

And here are more people that somehow decide that moving with nothing is a good call:

I am writing on behalf of my cousin who is starting a new life. She is a single mom who is excited about her new apartment and is in need of furniture. If you have a dining table, sofa, coffee/end tables, lamps, dishes, bedroom furniture, almost everything, please consider my cousin who is trying hard to start a new life. If you have furniture you would like to give or sell for cheap, please call me between 7am and 7pm or email me.

I am a single mom trying to get all the furniture for my apartment. I dont have much money so I am looking for things that wont cost me alot. This is what I need so if you have anything and you need to sell or would like to donate to a family that needs it please let me know. I have a small truck and could get someone to help me load it. This is the main things;

Dinning table, entertainment center, tv, mattress( I need 2 a queen or 2 twins and a king) for the queen I would need boxspring and frame but for the king i only need the mattress. (I had a cat and she sprayed my mattress so I threw it away and me and my daughters used to sleep on it so that is why I only need the mattress. I need alot of things for the kitchen like pots and pans. Please send me an email with what you have and I will reply so that you can send me a picture.

Thank you so much in advance.

are you looking to get rid of your old but yet still good furniture? i just moved to pasadena and had to leave all of my belongings back in washington I am looking for everything and I need everything down to dishes and beds..I am a single mother of 3 and tryn to bring my kids into a better place if you happen to have anything please contact me i will be glad to go and pick them up thank you and God Bless!!

there's some swedes that will sell it cheap. you just gotta assemble it. their name is "ikea".
nobunaga
WTH are you finding these posts? What section are they from?

I really don't look around CL very much aside from the apartment and job sections.

I punch "single mom" and "single mother" into for sale, free or items wanted. Usually you get a treasure trove of people wanting late model, functional but free cars, or new furniture to donate. Holidays bring out the "give my baybees a nice Christmas since you have more than me."

Still no Xmas beggars but a few more doozies popped up this wknd:

Hi i am a young single mom and just got me and my daughter our first place..i do have some furniture but it is not in good shape, if anyone has anything (clean and decent condition) they are willing to give away or for cheap, my parents will come pick it up for me....i really need a dining set of some sort over anything as i dont have one at all, and also some sort of living room chair (household things as well but it isnt a neccessity) thanks so much, email or call if you have anything. thanks again!!!!! it is GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

Well if your parents can pick it up for you, maybe your parents can pay fair market value. Maybe they can support your inability to use birth control and not have you relying on the largesse of strangers.

Trying to help a friend in need, She is due in a few weeks and doesnt have a car seat, I cant afford to spend alot of money as I am a single mom too. but I dont want charity just a good deal. Thank you

Actually, car seats are pricey, so you are expecting charity if you want a really good deal.

i am a single mom who is going through a divorce my ex put myself and my oldest out , if that wasnt enough i later found out i was pregnant , i am now 7 months and am trying to , get ready for baby , trying to find a carseat ,and other baby items that i will need to start off with , so if any one can help please do i thank you for being kind , god bless , everyone , i can be reached a

OK so lets look-see, shall we? Kicked out of the house with one kid. No support from the STB ex. Now you “later find out you are pregnant” and decide that keeping it is the best option? You need more than baby items, sister. A functioning brain for starters (no, finding out you are in pig will not bring hubs back.)

And another one for the why the fuck are you having a baby files:

If anyone has any anything for a baby girl they can donate please let me know.. Trying to raise items for a 15year old single mother.. Baby due in January and the child has nothing.. Anything u have will help...

Things needed
Clothes Car seat Stroller Bottles Wash clothes Diapers Wipes Bouncer Stroller Crib Bassinet (WIPES? They are 2-3 bucks. If you can’t afford them a trip to the adoption center may be a better call.)
Anything will help!! God bless you

in need of free firewood for a single mother of two children. their heater doesnt work .Please contact Ray@ 832-398-3028. (Tell her to call her landlord...and while H-town has been chilly, I have yet to turn on my heater.)

Busted….
SCAM - INFO abt the single-mom college girl asking for free furniture (RE: U or sum1 U no may be able to help**)
Date: 2010-12-06, 3:07AM CST

This person is obviously lying about her situation described here (http://houston.craigslist.org/wan/2097355145.html) for a TON of reasons. The person claims to be graduating from college after 9yrs...this Saturday. The person claims to be a single mother with no money, family, nor friends to help. This person also claims to live in an apartment with no furniture. This person says goodwill's furniture prices are too high & she wants people to give her furniture. Just read the link I posted very carefully....it's hilarious how STUPID some folks really are...I hope nobody is dumb enough to believe her either.

Here's where this person screwed up & didn't realize it:

1. She says, "I have no FAMILY" - then she says, "I'd hate for my FAMILY to have to stand around the walls or sit on the floor"....
***If there's no family...where's the family going to sit? ***

2. She said she has a kid and lives in an apartment...
***this means she signed a 6month or a 12month lease & it's about to expire if she's about to graduate...***somebody needs to call CPS & take her baby away from her if it's been in an apartment with nowhere to sleep on...& try fitting 30 people in an apartment

3. She said, "I have nobody to help me"...& then later said, "I have 30 friends coming over"
***I guess the 30 people coming over are homeless or want free air***

Anyways I'm done writing about this stupid crap...it's hilarious though so copy-paste the link I gave above and go read her ad lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
And here are more people that somehow decide that moving with nothing is a good call:

I've wondered how much this kind of shit happens in other places, because we seem to be a MAGNET for losers from all over the place moving here with NOTHING. Maybe we have more charities, easier access to welfare/state programs, or something...I don't know!! Just in the past few weeks I've read a couple sob stories in our paper, and I'm sure there are many more that never get their "15 minutes."

One was a Moo and Duh with 3 kyds who up and moved here from the Bay Area to "escape that area's high cost of living." (Apparently they think they can find a FREE cost of living here?) They moved here with NO jobs and NO place to live. Duddy finally found a job pumping gas on the graveyard shift, while Moo "stays home to care for the children." :Violin

It's bad enough to do so if you are single or coupled, but how fucking stupid and irreponsible is it to move to a new area with no jobs and no place to live when you have BRATS? And how the fuck can you support a famblee of 5 on a gas station salary without become a burden on the local system somehow? You can't. the world 'fail' on flames

The other was a woman who escaped her abusive boyfriend while he was in jail and moved here with NOTHING "to be closer to her daughter who is going to school" at a local university. So now she's in a homeless/abused women's shelter, which is probably helping her get lined up for government programs, although the article doesn't mention that.

Seriously, do you guys hear about these kinds of idiots where you live? I hope so because I don't wanna be spayshul when it comes to shit like this. angry smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Yup...they either start out escaping from an abusive fucktoy, or moving for better prospects. However they never bothered with getting a job before determining whether the prospects are better.

I admit I moved here with no job on the line which is foolish even if single. However, I have work experience, advanced degrees and get a pension and disability from the VA so I am not penniless. I also had all my furniture stay put and not escape when the house door was left open (which explains all of the people who move and "lost all their furniture.") The economy sucked but while going for my second choice of job, I found one I loved and don't miss the first choice.

I can't see unemployed, uneducated single moms with no money or skills moving someplace "for better prospects" when they never bothered to research the prospects they actually qualify for.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

I promise my kidsa computer for this cristmas but things
has not been good for me lately, so if you have one and you are not using it
please help, as a single mom of two, is been hard to get the money for everithing
thanks good bless you

Nothing to say here, except that you have to be semi-literate to set up a computer and you should not promise things you know you can't deliver.

This year, our family wanted to bless a family in need with a Christmas tree so we placed and ad and received many responses. It was very hard to choose that perfect family but we prayed for God help us make the right decision. One reply we received, one touched our hearts. A single mother with three children, who has little to nothing and will not be able to provide a Christmas for her kids. She does work but makes little and they barely have the basic household items that we all have. We are asking that the community come together and donate what you can, whether it be a food item, a small gift for one of the children or anything else you are able. Our family will bring it to them close to Christmas eve. If you are able to help in anyway, please email me or contact me at 281-250-5439. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas.

OK I think it is noble that you want to help this person. To expect the village to give her a good Christmas is too much. Unless she has pets, then I will happily donate pet food. Or better yet, teach them the actual meaning of Christmas, which has nothing to do with gifts.

im looking to buy a vw power wheels beetle for my son in good working condition and has battery and charger. its for his christmas present. im a single mother looking for work so christmas is going to be tuff for me this year. if you could help that would be great. thank you for your help and happy holidays to you and your family. perfeably green or yellow no pink

May I add that these are anywhere from 100-300 bucks but she is offering 25 dollars.

This year, our family wanted to bless a family in need with a Christmas tree so we placed and ad and received many responses. It was very hard to choose that perfect family but we prayed for God help us make the right decision. One reply we received, one touched our hearts. A single mother with three children, who has little to nothing and will not be able to provide a Christmas for her kids. She does work but makes little and they barely have the basic household items that we all have. We are asking that the community come together and donate what you can, whether it be a food item, a small gift for one of the children or anything else you are able. Our family will bring it to them close to Christmas eve. If you are able to help in anyway, please email me or contact me at 281-250-5439. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas.

You give her shit. You solicited for needy people, you picked one, and you seem to be vulnerable to the 'God Bless' at the end of a beg letter--you made it your problem, but you didn't make it mine. I don't see why you need to beg on her behalf, as she was clearly able to beg for herself to you.
Re: Craigslist Cavalcade of Contraception Catastrophies: December/Holiday Edition
December 07, 2010
I am aware that this is a long shot but I am in desperate need of help for Christmas. The thought of my children having nothing to open on Christmas is making me feel like a failure as a mother. I get no child support from the dads and I was laid off a month ago. I have a 10 year old girl and a 14 year old boy and of course they are asking for things like lap tops or ipod phones but they are going to have to wait on those things till I can afford them. This is not a scam I am a real person, with a good heart, just wanting to give my children a good Christmas. I can do house work or run errands for your help. Please DO NOT send me any e-mails expecting me to do nasty things because I WILL NOT under any circumstances do that, I have morals and I am a good peron. Please if anyone out there can help let me know. Thank you

No support from the dads plural. I guess she was getting a lot of messages soliciting her for "nasty things"?
Well, it will take more than vacuuming to get someone to buy you an iPhone or a computer because the dadsssss won't help. And if you are really poor, your kids are at the age that they will understand why they can't get an iPhone.

And wait, it gets better. This bitch wants a HOUSE! OK a travel trailer, but same diff....wants something for nothing.

I need a travel Trailer To Live in Im a Single Mom. Please Help Me Out, I dont have That Much Money.. e-mail me Of what you have and how much Thanks...
Merry Christmas

Interestingly enough, most of the single dads are requesting jobs. But here is one that wants a free car.

Single dad in dire straits. Need reliable legal vehicle with good tags and plates to be donated to a single christian father that is raising a daughter in North Houston. Lost job and it is taking all I have to make rent and raise my child. God Bless You All who understand I am not a well fare case, just a dad that needs transportation to look for a job and raise his child.

Dude, if you need a car for free, and you are not working, and you have money coming in to pay rent and raise your daughter, you are probably a welfare case. Just sayin'.....

i am looking for a cheap boppy pillow with cover...i am having a boy. I honestly do not have alot of money to spend. i am going to be a single parent(due christmas eve) and currently am out of work.
if you have one cheap that is still in nice condition please email me thank you

Aren't these like 20 bucks new? And seriously, most won't care what you are having...they only care that you are looking for free shit because you can't afford a kid.

Dorisan, I just have to say that that photo of the newborn on the page you linked to, was disgusting. The baby shown on in this thread is by no means that disgusting, but it may look like this guy when it grows up.
Anonymous User
Another one from Portland
December 08, 2010
CL Post

hello i would like to buy an iphone it must be in good condition not looking to buy a broken phone , 100 or less please im a single mom and really cant affort a really expensive phone so please if u have a iphone for sale that is 100 or less send me an email and ill get back as soon as possible thank u

http://salem.craigslist.org/wan/2098099632.html

I couldn't help it. I Actually responded with "IF you are a "single mom and really cant affort a really expensive phone" Then you need to PICK ANOTHER PHONE. Just saying.
Anonymous User
Re: Another one from Portland
December 08, 2010
think_about_it
CL Post

hello i would like to buy an iphone it must be in good condition not looking to buy a broken phone , 100 or less please im a single mom and really cant affort a really expensive phone so please if u have a iphone for sale that is 100 or less send me an email and ill get back as soon as possible thank u

I couldn't help it. I Actually responded with "IF you are a "single mom and really cant affort a really expensive phone" Then you need to PICK ANOTHER PHONE. Just saying.

Go you! I don't think anyone really needs a smartphone. Mine makes calls juuuust fine and it's a little ol' $20 Tracfone. If I, a starving college student, can make do with this, then certainly these illiterate moomies can too.

'Course, I have an iPod Touch but I bought that myself, with the money I busted tail at a yuppie coffeehouse to earn - not off gubmint handouts.
If they are so religious, why don't they go begging at their churches?

Yeah, these pro-life holy rollers are so gung ho for the chiiiidruuuun, the church should provide for all their needs. smile rolling left righteyes2
December 08, 2010
Revolutionaire
think_about_it
CL Post

Go you! I don't think anyone really needs a smartphone. Mine makes calls juuuust fine and it's a little ol' $20 Tracfone. If I, a starving college student, can make do with this, then certainly these illiterate moomies can too.

'Course, I have an iPod Touch but I bought that myself, with the money I busted tail at a yuppie coffeehouse to earn - not off gubmint handouts.

I admit it, I splurged and bought the $30 Tracfone.

And I'm affronted that affort was used instead of afford. I mean, come on; T and D aren't even beside each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
December 09, 2010
KABA
I admit it, I splurged and bought the $30 Tracfone.

And I'm affronted that affort was used instead of afford. I mean, come on; T and D aren't even beside each other.

But they sound the same, or so you would think based upon the number of people I have heard saying 'da' instead of 'the'.
If anyone has any anything for a baby girl they can donate please let me know.. Trying to raise items for a 15year old single mother.. Baby due in January and the child has nothing.. Anything u have will help...

The only things that I would offer in this case would be a book on safe sex & a pack of condoms.
What is the world coming to when people are supposed to give things to a stupid girl of 15 who apparently doesn't know how to avoid getting knocked up?
On second thoughts, the only thing I'd give her would be some advice: try keeping your damn legs closed in future, sweetheart.
nobunaga
If they are so religious, why don't they go begging at their churches?

Yeah, these pro-life holy rollers are so gung ho for the chiiiidruuuun, the church should provide for all their needs. smile rolling left righteyes2

*Internet high-five*
They all go to church, but the church won't donate. They all have family members, but the families are not helping. Because none of these people have family...

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around people who are apparently hatching under rocks with no one around, being raised by wolves (who are independent and self sufficient creatures) and growing up to beg on CL...

Wanted: 2-4 tickets to take my daughter (5, and a new ballerina!) to see the Nutcracker on Dec. 12th - either the 2pm or the 7:30pm performance. Not picky on section, but I am a single mom on a budget so please be reasonable. Would love to find a deal.

Thank you for looking, and Merry Christmas!

Actually this one is not that bad. She has money, is not picky and would like to see if she can get a deal. I am wondering where ballet lessons fit into "single parent on budget" though.

Hi,
My name is Samantha and im a single mom in need of extra cash for the holidays. I can cook, clean, organize. Im open minded so if you have anything that I could do just let me know and we can work something out.
Email me

This one is just asking for trouble, though it is another willing to work for pay rather than rely on handouts.

I have a navy blue Blackberry Pearl for SPRINT I bought in May of 2010 and used until mid October. The only problem is that the trackball fell out and I replaced it, but it does tend to get stuck once in a while. But it does not mess with the value or condition of the phone. It is shiny like new and has minimal scratches, I think it fell out of my truck once. But other than that the resale value of this phone is still pretty high so I HAVE to go with $100 and the least would be about $90 maybe $85 depending on how badly you need it. I am a single young mother and have not gone back to work yet so I really need the money. I bought this phone for $330 plus activation and tax in May because it was not an upgrade I just needed a reliable phone.

This is not even a good BlackBerry, much less worth that much money. I think Sprint gives these away with contract, or they are under 50 bucks.

This one is not the best grammar but has a valid point:

Please be respectful enough to simply call/e-mail if you changed your mind on buying an item don't set a time,day & meeting spot if your not going to show.
-do not show then want to haggle down an item you want to purchase would you haggle at the store for an item?
-do not use the i'm a single parent or can you knock down the price to make up for my gas excuse
-do not ask how old is it or what condition is it in ? i already posted that information & it's used
-do not e-mail/text using this ''omg'' thatz wat i wantz i don't respond to messages like that i value proper grammer - do not expect for me to change my plans for you -do not ask to hold an item i will not -do not send an e-mail like this: do you still have it? -do not e-mail a thousand times if i didn't respond the first time it's being picked up -do not ask what are you ?,what difference does it make DON'T SEND OFFERS IF I WANTED LESS I WOULD OF POSTED IT!!!!

I have adopted a family for Christmas. I can get them clothes and other items from their wish list but there are a few things that I cannot afford right now. This family, which consist of a single mom with six children, has been affected by domestic violence so I would really like to be able to help them. They are asking for a used washer & dryer in good condition, TV, bikes for a 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl, and 4 year old girl. Also, if you have a living room set from a non-smoking & no pet family, that you have stored and would like to donate to them please let me know. I am asking for used items but I would like for them to be in really good condition. I will guarantee you that these items will go to this family in need. I will be meeting with them next week. Thank you in advance. Together we can make a difference! Happy Holidays!

Awww, so moo can't pick a fucktoy wisely and has six kids on top of that mess. Lets see what they want:

used washer & dryer in good condition
TV
bikes for a 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl, and 4 year old girl
living room set from a non-smoking & no pet family, that you have stored and would like to donate

Well beggars can't be choosers, and a pet hair covered couch can be cleaned. However, she wants really nice stuff for no money. What is it with people?

navi8orgirl

This one is not the best grammar but has a valid point:

Please be respectful enough to simply call/e-mail if you changed your mind on buying an item don't set a time,day & meeting spot if your not going to show.
-do not show then want to haggle down an item you want to purchase would you haggle at the store for an item?
-do not use the i'm a single parent or can you knock down the price to make up for my gas excuse
-do not ask how old is it or what condition is it in ? i already posted that information & it's used
-do not e-mail/text using this ''omg'' thatz wat i wantz i don't respond to messages like that i value proper grammer - do not expect for me to change my plans for you -do not ask to hold an item i will not -do not send an e-mail like this: do you still have it? -do not e-mail a thousand times if i didn't respond the first time it's being picked up -do not ask what are you ?,what difference does it make DON'T SEND OFFERS IF I WANTED LESS I WOULD OF POSTED IT!!!!

Oh, but the irony is rich.
http://corvallis.craigslist.org/wan/2103842419.html

I am wondering if anyone has a used Verizon cell phone that they are no longer using. I am a single mom of five and am 7 months pregnant. My Verizon cell phone died and I have no insurance. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out being as how that was are only phone. Thank you so much

couldn't help myself... again.... responded with simply http://www.plannedparenthood.org
I am a single mother of 4 children and have just recently got laid off. My children do not even have as much as a christmas tree. I am asking for any type of help anyone can offer to help my kids to have a christmas. They are 7 6 2 and 1 and will be happy for anything they can get.

Condoms for mommy? They can double as balloons. Build a balloon Christmas tree with green ones.

And I can't believe this disillusioned soul is still trying to dump her heap of a car....

I have a 92 chev caprice classic.. single mom her really needing 2 make a trade or sell... its a fixer upper.. it has a fule injec-or goin out, it has 150,514 ml on it.. starts up sounds good.. but cant b drove because of that.. It has am-pm-cd player with amp... It has a 305 V8 motor.with flowmasters.. 2'' dropped.
HAVE TITLE IN HAND lookin 2 trade as long as it runs an a little nice ... AC would b nice but dont have 2 have it.. u can tex me at9794500579.. NO SCAMS.. Do the the fuel injector goin out it would have 2 b towed or put on a dolly... some scrachs an dents...

Is that English?

Re: Craigslist Cavalcade of Contraception Catastrophies: December/Holiday Edition
December 10, 2010

I have a 92 chev caprice classic.. single mom her really needing 2 make a trade or sell...

Dear Useless Breeder, please call this number: 866/244-8464. This organization accepts donation of used vehicles to help paralyzed military veterans. http://www.texaspva.org/donate-automobile.html
She doesn't want to donate...she wants cash for a worthless automobile, or a trade for a car that runs. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login