Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Growing up Hungry......zzzzzzzzzz

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Re: Growing up Hungry......zzzzzzzzzz
December 17, 2010
I wish more people reported these things. This is where I come in and take kyds from loser breeders.
December 17, 2010
Depends. Back in the day, pilots made a lot of money. It was after the dereg days when airlines can barely keep their heads above water that pilots had to take furloughs and pay cuts to keep their jobs. People bitch about the ancillary fees, but it is putting airlines back in the black which means better pay for them again one day (among other things.)

However, it is completely irrelevant. I don't know any SAHMs who dress in business attire so methinks the author was pulling more wool over the collective eyes of her readership.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Anonymous User
December 17, 2010
I posted this on the comments:

"Why do you blame a random neighbor for the lack of food in your house instead of your parents? It was their responsibility to provide for you and your brother, not Mrs. Drinkwater. Why didn’t you call your father or your grandparents?

“These people were sure to have more than enough food to spare. They were going to thank me for taking all their extra cookies and white bread off their hands.”

You seem to have had quite the entitlement attitude for such a young child."

I doubt it will survive moderation, but I can't believe I'm the only one who tried to post something like that.
December 17, 2010
She refers to skis on a Volvo station wagon and those did not become popular until well into the 80s, so after airline deregulation (1978). If it were me answering the door, OK I might give her something to eat but I would call 911 afterward for the police and CYF. I would call the parents too and bite their heads off too.

Some people actually like to brag that they had a tough childhood. A few of the local people running for office would say stuff like their family was poor. I don't think they won the elections though.
December 17, 2010
navi8orgirl
Depends. Back in the day, pilots made a lot of money. It was after the dereg days when airlines can barely keep their heads above water that pilots had to take furloughs and pay cuts to keep their jobs. People bitch about the ancillary fees, but it is putting airlines back in the black which means better pay for them again one day (among other things.)

However, it is completely irrelevant. I don't know any SAHMs who dress in business attire so methinks the author was pulling more wool over the collective eyes of her readership.

GOOD EYE!thumbs upwink

I can't believe that I overlooked that! Mrs. Drinkwater probably had a JOB and was sick and tired of working while Miss "I want white bread with crusts cut off" wandered around the neighborhood begging! It also shines light on the fact that the author is embellishing her story by saying that the neighbor was a SAHM to garner more sympathy for her plight. To have said that Mrs Drinkwater was a SAHM leads people to believe that they had plenty of money to "spare". She also fails to mention whether her OWN moo worked, so was that conveniently left out? If her moo was in a position to have "left a note" to her where abouts, then that right there leads me to believe that she was NOT at work because the kid would have already known that. So, in light of all of this, I think that it was HER moo who was a stay at home moo-cunt and duddy escaped the bullshit by traveling on his job, IF in fact they weren't actually separated and the moo was keeping it from them.

WHERE IS YOUR MOO? That is the question here, NOT whether Mrs. Drinkwater had any spare McNuggets lying around.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 17, 2010
I can't help but wonder if Mrs. Drinkwater was as 'rich' as this author as a child thought that she was. Maybe her family, as well, was just making ends meet, although more successfully than the author's family. How does she know that their family's meals weren't budgeted on a monthly basis down to the last cent? The sloppy joes that the house smelled of may have been the leftovers from the previous night's spaghetti, and may have been on their way to become the next night's casserole. Perhaps the family had one vacation a year--for which they scrimped and saved--which involved skiing, and they could only afford it if they borrowed a cabin from a family member.

She doesn't know any of this. With no knowledge whatsoever of the Drinkwaters' personal circumstances, she assumes that the reason that they didn't help her was because they looked down on her.
December 17, 2010
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for just a sec:

At least Mrs. Drinkwater could have given her a... wait for it... DRINK OF WATER! lololol

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 17, 2010

THIS. To assume the Drinkwaters had plenty of money when she says in the same article they had multiple kyds of their own is fucking stupid. No one with multiple kyds and a midlevel job has plenty of money - it all goes to the fucking kydz.
December 17, 2010
Some of these reminisces (spelling) date from around 20 years ago or so. I think the atmosphere as changed, drastically. Moos get in trouble for leaving their crotch drops in cars for 30 seconds while they go across a street to drop something in a mailbox, recycle box. I think if the cops were called, today, the situation would be dealt with. Unfortunately, then one would have to deal with the angry insulted incompetent moo taking umbrage that how dare anyone question their shitty parenting. The shitty parenting is obvious to everyone except the cunt.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
The Troll Brooke deserves
December 17, 2010
I am close personal friend Mrs. Drinkwater and shame on u Brooke!!!! for saying she wuz jugemental cuz she didnt give you food. She werked as a secretary to make enuff $ to feed her 2 boiz & her husband was not a rich pilot but a flight attendant but they were 2 proud to let ppl know that. When u came begging @ her door, she was in the middle of balancing the famly budget and try to figure out how they can save $100 more each month to set aside for hard time. They had no more saving and big credit card bill coz she let her brokeass sister & her 5 kids stay with her for 2 months. So u should show a little HEART & not ASSUME what other people are going thru!!!!!
December 17, 2010
If that neighbor had given the beggar child one crumb, both of those kids would be at that house every damn day, guaranteed. If I had befriended the white trash neighbors we had I am positive those kids would have moved into my house. And my house is nothing great but it is clean and quiet and no one here is high or violent and it smells nice. If I had taken mercy and given those brats one toll house cookie, it would have been over for me. Furthermore, the father of one of those kids was murdered in a drug deal so it is wise to not get involved, regardless of how much people will guilt us into helping a poor, neglected child.

Maybe the mother in this article was out grocery shopping. smile rolling left rightsmile
Surely the kids ate something for school lunch and dinner. But horrors, NO SNACKS!
December 17, 2010
Actually the Volvo station wagon came out in 1975. Dereg was signed into law in 1978, but the effects took a few years to catch on. And after that it was hell...nine major legacy airlines went BK or out of business entirely. But I digress.

There is much the author leaves out: how old was said Volvo (as they are pretty indestructible), were the skis brand new, what did the neighbor's wife really do for a living. Maybe the pilot made good money for a while but in light of new events, maybe both parents worked. If the kids were in school, it is likely that Mrs. D went to work again.

I have friends who are SAHMs. No one wears suits hanging around the house or running errands.

Considering mommy did not leave a note...which tells me that only one was a (not so) SAHM and it was not the neighbor. If mommy was working, then Brookie would not need a note, would she?

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 17, 2010
I'm truly tired of people whining about "hungry" in America. Who gives a fuck about "hungry?" Kids have a hollow leg most of the times and are always hungry no matter how much they have to eat anyway. Everyone has been hungry at some point.

Now a little perspective: How about STARVATION and the type of poverty you see in Africa and other 3rd world nations? THAT is hunger. Not lack of marshmallow fluff sandwiches for lunch one day because you didn't want to eat the carrots and celery in the refrigerator.
December 17, 2010
law1204
I'm truly tired of people whining about "hungry" in America. Who gives a fuck about "hungry?" Kids have a hollow leg most of the times and are always hungry no matter how much they have to eat anyway. Everyone has been hungry at some point.

Now a little perspective: How about STARVATION and the type of poverty you see in Africa and other 3rd world nations? THAT is hunger. Not lack of marshmallow fluff sandwiches for lunch one day because you didn't want to eat the carrots and celery in the refrigerator.

Now that brings up the whole issue of why don't the parents in those poor countries abstain or if they are SM to do that, go to a mission and get some birth control. Oh, but the Catholic charities don't believe in that. So now we get guilt trip informercials at night telling us to give 18 dollars a month for the rest of our lives "to save the children". I will give to such charity when they give out free birth control.
December 17, 2010
mr. neptune
Now that brings up the whole issue of why don't the parents in those poor countries abstain or if they are SM to do that, go to a mission and get some birth control. Oh, but the Catholic charities don't believe in that. So now we get guilt trip informercials at night telling us to give 18 dollars a month for the rest of our lives "to save the children". I will give to such charity when they give out free birth control.

Fortunately, the only people up at those hours are vampires and Charlie Sheen...neither are likely to give to the poor starving kids with dirty water and the same clothes and no shoes.

December 17, 2010
I'd rather help starving children in Africa than the fat little dirty "hungry" kids living in safely middle class neighborhoods here in the US, where food is all but free. The poor kyds in Africa really can't help it and really are starving.

Hungry my ass. I'm fucking hungry right now, and haven't had lunch yet, where's my free food????
Anonymous User
December 17, 2010
Oops, I guess they didn't like my comment!

Let's just say that when I think of 'hunger', a brat who pesters a neighbor for a marshmallow-fluff sandwhich doesn't come to mind. If they were really that hungry they would have eaten the carrots and celery that she admits were in the fridge.
December 17, 2010
Or picked the moths out of the cereal.

They were not starving by any stretch. They were mad because there were no snacks in the house. She was even more pissed off at the neighbor for refusing to give her snack food. She says it herself when she speaks on how grateful they would be to unload all their extra white bread and cookies on her.

December 17, 2010
I wonder how disappointed she would have been if Mrs. Drinkwater gave her celery and carrot sticks to eat - or even a piece of fruit. If you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not hungry.
December 17, 2010
When I was growing up, we never had any "fun" food (Hostess, Doritos, etc) either. It just wasn't in the budget. However, If one of us had ever DARED to go begging at a neighbor's house, our mother would have beaten the shit out of us. Also, if they lived in this really affluent neighborhood I can't help but wonder why the parents didn't sell the house and buy a cheaper one, thus freeing up some money for groceries?
January 01, 2011
gymrat
When I was growing up, we never had any "fun" food (Hostess, Doritos, etc) either. It just wasn't in the budget. However, If one of us had ever DARED to go begging at a neighbor's house, our mother would have beaten the shit out of us. Also, if they lived in this really affluent neighborhood I can't help but wonder why the parents didn't sell the house and buy a cheaper one, thus freeing up some money for groceries?

This.

lab mom
k-man1
January 02, 2011
Li'l Miss Hungry didn't need a snack, but a SMACK.

Volvo has sold wagons in the US since the late 1950s. They became very popular in the 1970s and were then not all that expensive.

If you allow a neighbor kyd in your house, you're simply asking for trouble. The kyd could claim you did anything. Conversely, the kyd could also be looking to steal or vandalize your property once inside. Even without that, as many of you pointed out, it sets a precedent for repeated future visits for more food. If I had been in the Drinkwaters' place, I would have called the cops then and there. Homey don't play that "feed the hungry neighbor kid" stuff.
January 02, 2011
first, hindsight is not exactly accurate-the drinkwaters might not have been these wealthy people. they might have had a ten year old volvo, the father worked as a tso and this ski trip was an annual family vacation they saved up for the rest of the year. but, the child could remember them as "wealthy" because they had a volvo, the father worked an an airport and must have been a pilot and the family got to go on vacation. keep in mind, too, memory can be altered and programmed, especially those of children. if someone told the person her neighbors were wealthy, her neighbors become the rockefellers. there's other things that factor into memory, too, but that would be digressing.

the drinkwater mother has a lot of reasons to not give this kid food. it was already stated about food allergies. the best way to describe another is comparing it to feeding squirrels. feeding squirrels is cute until the little buggers start hanging off your door and getting into your house. same here-if drinkwater mom started feeding these kids, they would be at her house every day wanting more food and pretty soon (if not already) demanding it. (which leads me to another thing-read HOW the food was asked for-as if it is an obligation of the drinkwaters to feed her and her brother). the drinkwaters might not want to get involved wit this family-not many want to deal with the druggie neighbors. druggie neighbors case houses and then break in when the family is away. who wants this family in their house while on vacation, pawing through their possessions and selling them for drugs, booze and other vices? the family has skis on the ski rack-obviously they are going someplace-now snotleigh comes over suddenly and asks for food. that would set off alarms in me, to be sure.

the best thing to do is call police or cps. if nothing else, it sets up a record trail on this sort of thing. the next time mom leaves her kids without food, there is a record of this behavior happening before. and paper trails are all important in these matters.

i agree on the entitlement attitude-but i blame the breeder pleasers who vote in progressive liberal democrats to public office, where they set up laws that feed these "squirrels" more than i do the entitlement tit suckers themselves. if you don't force people to feed the squirrels, the squirrels aren't getting into the cupboards and eating everything in everybody's houses. they have to go and actually look for their food. nothing wrong with giving to charity or being charitable, but when you take from the wealthy (who not only give to charities, but set them up in many cases) and not-so-wealthy and give it to the poor and lazy by force, that is not charity. that is wealth redistribution and removing the incentives for the squirrels to be self sufficient.
Anonymous User
January 02, 2011
k-man1

If you allow a neighbor kyd in your house, you're simply asking for trouble. The kyd could claim you did anything. Conversely, the kyd could also be looking to steal or vandalize your property once inside. Even without that, as many of you pointed out, it sets a precedent for repeated future visits for more food. If I had been in the Drinkwaters' place, I would have called the cops then and there. Homey don't play that "feed the hungry neighbor kid" stuff.

And that is exactly why I would never personally do anything to aid a child : Contact the authorities and let the professionals who get paid to deal with kids-YES. Let the kids in my house and deal with them myself-oh, HELL no.

Even if the kid doesn't lie about what happened, its handler(s) could , either for spite or greed or mental illness or who knows why.
January 02, 2011
mulva
Another Team Drinkwater here. Mrs. D knew damn well that if she fed them once, they'd be over for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Yep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login