4:10 Change Diaper,Pee on Antigone
4:15 Change clothes
4:30 Nap
5:05 Choke on Spitup, Antigone clears mouth and throat
5:10 Change clothes
5:15 Breastfeed 20 minutes

and so on"

and a little update...........

"...Despite his lean body he is precociously strong and alert. He can lift and hold his head. He follows the mobile animals. And tonight I watched him rollover from his back to his belly. ..."

:

:gross :bayybee :baybie1 THIS must be what they were talking about on another thread regarding baybees, "Living life to it's fullest".sleeping
Re: Baybee Percy's Daily Schedule
January 18, 2009
Ah how my heart swells with pride that he can lift and hold his head. Now that's just amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Someone get the camera. No, get two cameras. Call the local news team. Call Simon Cowell and tell him we've got the winner of America's Got Talent.

Hope no one minds if I point out the obvious: this is NOT a bizzy crazy kinda life. In the space of one working day, that's five suckings and four changings -- the rest of the time is spent sleeping and staring at stuff. How much salary do they think they deserve for that?

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 18, 2009
Jesus. Tonight I threw our monthly dinner party for our favorite 2 CF gent friends. Friend 1, a local historian, brought a trove of cool photocopied stuff from the local historical archive and we all looked at the pictures of local modded Model Ts turned into deadly river-ice-cutting machines on our local river back in the day, and discussed them with great interest. Friend 2, a museum display preparator, entertained us with stories about adventures with a table saw--unlikely, but interesting! We had a great dinner and yakked till late at night. The conversation was wide-ranging and fun. I put some effort into making a fancy and pleasing menu, and a seasonal decorated table, which everyone seemed to enjoy. It was a lot of fun overall.

In lieu of stimulating, lively, companionable, and fun dinners with our CF friends, I suppose I could just sprog and document every bowel movement and spit-up of my screaming replicant, but...er...um...we have a life?
January 18, 2009
Well, now I know what to read when I can't sleep. Or when i need Hulk super-strength rage.
January 18, 2009
clematis
Jesus. Tonight I threw our monthly dinner party for our favorite 2 CF gent friends. ...The conversation was wide-ranging and fun. I put some effort into making a fancy and pleasing menu, and a seasonal decorated table, which everyone seemed to enjoy. It was a lot of fun overall.

That inspires a new retort for the old bingo "Why don't you have any children?"
"Because I prefer adults."

Honest and straight to the point.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 18, 2009
I'm going to USE that.

Sometimes I say "Because I prefer cats", but that one is better. Less opportunity for rebuttal.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
Amethyst
Hope no one minds if I point out the obvious: this is NOT a bizzy crazy kinda life. In the space of one working day, that's five suckings and four changings -- the rest of the time is spent sleeping and staring at stuff. How much salary do they think they deserve for that?

Exactly. There's no way anyone could rightfully claim that this is "exhausting" or that they are "busy."

God, I hate this woman Antigone with an unbridled passion. If I were a superhero, she'd be my nemesis.
January 18, 2009
Pepper

God, I hate this woman Antigone with an unbridled passion. If I were a superhero, she'd be my nemesis.

You give her way too much credit.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
poofy_puff
Pepper

This woman's only nemeses are cleanliness, excess pocket money, and intelligence.
January 18, 2009
What a household parasite.=P
January 18, 2009
Amethyst

Honest and straight to the point.

Succinct and pure genius. I'll definitely use this.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
poofy_puff
Pepper

Yeah, I suppose you're right. From what I know of superheroes, a nemesis is usually some kind of evil genius. No hope of that with our Antigone.
January 18, 2009
She needs to have 2 more and name them "Eugene" and "Myron".

Hey, at least these are all real names!

January 18, 2009
Konkurrent

This woman's only nemeses are cleanliness, excess pocket money, and intelligence.

Konkurrent -

:yr

And yes, instead of a nightcap when I can't sleep, I'll be sure to make a print-out of this list and keep it close at hand. God, it's so boring it was almost exhausting reading it. Sure beats counting sheep, eh?

And yes, Kim - it's so clear that Percy is really 'living life to the fullest'! grinning smiley Didn't he just pee on Antigone the other day? Damn, if only I had that kind of zest for life. I'm just so JADED, though! It's really sad.

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
January 18, 2009
Diary of a milk machine, diaper-changer and cleaner-upper. Yawn.

I'll pass, thanks.
January 18, 2009
"Because I prefer adults"--great reply Amethyst! And couldn't be more true! It was totally fun talking about local history with a real expert. Until a 1-year-old can discuss the onetime ice industry in my city in great detail, I'll pass. bouncing and laughing
January 18, 2009
sabine

And one day you'll be one. Maybe.

Oh, dear Sabine, I can only hope so. I'm sure that you reached maturity the second your baby's head crowned, right? Because the only definition of an adult is whether or not a person has reproduced. I only hope that if I become a mother, I can be just like you and waste my 'precious' child's time by coming onto a childfree board and posting a bunch of nonsense!

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
January 18, 2009
sabine

And one day you'll be one. Maybe.

I have to admit, it must take a great deal of maturity for a busy stay at home moocow, who is doing The Most Important Job In The World, :inw to take time out of her schedule to seek out a group of people who disagree with making "TTC", pregnancy, childbirth, and baybees the center of their universe. :gross :baybie1 Duh with bratsd Then the maturity level which she achieves breaks the sound barrier when she lets the baybee diaper stay filled to the edges while she types away :usr making insulting comments that in her delusional thinking will make the bad guys upset.:bawl This is a prime example of what being an adult moocow is all about; The house in in shambles, hubby is off playing with the boys, shagging a girl at work, or ANYWHERE but home, the laundry is piled to the ceiling, microwave chicken nuggets' odors waft through her home, and she hasn't had a bath all day or even bothered to change clothes. YET she has time to be a cyber vigilante against imagined enemies. waving hellolarious

If THAT'S what it takes to become an adult, then I'd rather stay childlike and save all of that money that I would have spent on cocoa butter to rub on my stretch marks, or to have my ravaged cooter sewn up. NO THANKS.Mr. T: I pitty tha foold
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
That's just it. We can never be considered adults, not because of our maturity or lack thereof, not because of our financial responsibility or lack thereof, and not for any trait actually related to maturity.

We can never be considered adults because we don't agree with them that they're super-special for successfully executing a biological function single-celled organisms mastered billions of years ago.

That's it. We don't worship at the altar of the Holy Uterus, and therefore our opinions, personal worth, and maturity are forfeit.

Which is kind of funny when you consider that collectively we like to pat ourselves on the back when we overcome our "animal instincts" and behave in a civilized manner.

But that's only a "good" thing when the majority decides it's a good thing.
January 18, 2009
But Kim, don't you know the cavernous vag and the purple stretch marks make her a better person than you? DON'T YOU?! It takes a brave woman to 'accept' the bodily changes that come along with repopulating the Earth, don't you know?

Ah, Sabine. You're a beacon....a messenger....a spit-up and urine-covered heroine to mommies everywhere for taking your time to come onto our boards and argue with the childfree villains. We're villains, I say! A bunch of no-good, rakish, nazi sexists! Good thing you're here to set us straight.

Sabine is a:

Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
I forgot to mention one other benefit of being a parent.

It (apparently) entitles you to act like an ass even when doing so violates any sense of decorum, etiquette, or written rules.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
sabine
Well okay. If you think you're adults, sure, whatever. In that case, you are some pathetic assholes.

You're right. We should be more like you and take the time to find people who don't agree with us and then tell them what horrible people they are for not agreeing with us.

Oh, and we should have kids and teach them to be foul-mouthed butt-in-skis too.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
capcha: 4FuXY

Shouldn't you be watching your kids? Or is it Dad's weekend to watch them?
Anonymous User
January 18, 2009
Portiabella
capcha: 4FuXY

Shouldn't you be watching your kids? Or is it Dad's weekend to watch them?

Spongebob is babysitting.
January 18, 2009
sabine
Well okay. If you think you're adults, sure, whatever. In that case, you are some pathetic assholes.

Sabine, your arguments get better and better by the post.

Next time, when you post the school-girlish 'whatever' as a retort, could you give it a bit more zing by adding, "I know you are, but what am I?" Or perhaps, "Your MOM!" Or maybe, "I'm rubber, you're glue." No need to thank me! I'm only trying to be helpful. Please, do continue making no sense whatsoever. You're on a roll.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login