Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why moms cheat on their man the day after Mother's Day

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Re: Why moms cheat on their man the day after Mother's Day
September 26, 2010
Valentine's Day is an obsolete relic from the early 20th century. That's when courting couples at a tender age were kept very, very far apart from each other by relatives and rules and societal obstacles, so receiving a romantic card on that day was a clear and respectable statement of affection. They potentially led to engagement rings and wedding bands.

Today we've got teenagers dressed like strippers, swinging from bus stop signs, drinking booze out of plastic bottles, and fucking like bonobo monkeys. What the hell good to them is a lacy cardboard heart? Unless it was glued to the front of a g-string and it vibrated.

In addition to the original comment about women breaking down and looking for affairs after Mother's Day and Valentine's Day, it's a well known fact in the States and the UK that the most common time of year for separations and new filings for divorce are within a couple weeks of New Years. Families just drive people fucking crazy, that's all.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 29, 2010
What the fuck. I can understand why a certain day might be important to someone, but damn, looking for a piece of strange because everything wasn't perfectly choreographed? That's too much.

I don't see the big damn deal. Shit doesn't always go as planned. But, if you don't like the way things are going - you have to open up your fucking mouth. I am a fairly quiet person and even I can manage to do that. Nobody likes a martyr. And if it's really that bad, do the decent thing and kick him to the curb. None of this sneaking around shit. Christ.
September 29, 2010
I have witnessed my MIL have meltdowns numerous times on holidays, because she did not think she was given the gift and or attention she deserves. I have witnessed her crying, throwng fits, and making empty threats.
I have witnessed my SIL cry and take handfuls of pills out of disappointment because she did not get what she wanted on Mother's Day or her Birthday.
The rest of us, ignored their childish tantrums and went on about our day each time.

Get over it, nobody can make you feel bad but yourself. I celebrate every day as if it might be my last. I sure as hell don't wait on another person to make me feel good.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
September 29, 2010
Two words: unrealistic expectations.

That and buying into what marketers want you to believe...I am always surprised at how many people will book on Southwest because they are not charging for bags, even when competing fares are 200 dollars less.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
September 29, 2010
Banshee
WaterLily
StudioFiftyFour
Miss_Hannigan

Biderman says that he plans to step it up for his own wife even more this Mother's Day. "The ironic thing about running Ashley Madison is that I -- maybe more than any guy on the planet -- am so aware of what transpires when you neglect your partner," he says. "As a husband and father, I personally look forward to Mother's Day as an incredible opportunity to celebrate our family dynamic, my wife's dedication and our interpersonal relationship. I intend to make my wife smile from the moment she wakes up -- hopefully a bit later than usual -- to the moment she goes to bed ... with me!"

But even if your guy comes up short, Dr. Golland warns moms to think before they cheat. "Cheating on your spouse will only further complicate a challenging situation -- and add more carnage to your marital problems," she says. "The damage created by an affair is very difficult to repair. That is not to say that repair after infidelity is impossible, but to rebuild the trust after such a traumatic event is hard. Statistics show that many marriages do not survive this level of betrayal."

Marriage is an unnatural human institution, and it is failing and failing quickly. Statistics demonstrate this.

Adding children+internet access+Ashleymadison.com+A pussy-whipped man+A talking head psychotherapist only serves to illustrate this particular example as being even more dysfunctional than the institution itself.

I'm starting to think that your just a lame guy who can't get laid. You've told us 45435345,34543534,45435435 times that you are against coupledom. Stop repeating yourself and enough already. We got it the first time.

Hey, not everyone are FOR coupledom.

In fact, I am single by choice and I don't believe in the fairy tale of "true love" and that EVERYONE are destined to meet their "one and only" someday - whether they want it or not, sounds like. In fact, it's actually a "bingo" to the happily single that can be as bad as "oh, you'll desperately WANT to have a little baby with your beloved one day!"

But it looks like every childfree person on board are married or in a relationship, though.

Not me; seems that all I meet are duhs or wannabee duhs even though I state that I am CF and am not interested in kids (either my own or theirs.) I own a two-seater car, and wish to keep it that way...if it means the other seat is full of pugs, then so be it.

I always hated hearing "there is a lid for every pot." I fire back with my story about how my very nice All-Clad cookware came with more pots than lids; the stockpot was expected to share with the saute pan. Should I take that to mean I should borrow someone else's lid?waving hellolarious

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
September 29, 2010
navi8orgirl

I always hated hearing "there is a lid for every pot." I fire back with my story about how my very nice All-Clad cookware came with more pots than lids; the stockpot was expected to share with the saute pan. Should I take that to mean I should borrow someone else's lid?waving hellolarious

Be a lid! Go on, be a lid yourself. It'd be more fun than being a pot. waving hellolarious

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 12, 2010
navi8orgirl

What a perfectly stupid expression. One could just as well say:

For every sock there's a mate.
...and they are frequently widowed at a young age.

For every prey there's a predator.
...because that's how the two terms are defined.

For every baby there's a boob.
...sometimes there are even two of them, and they're called 'the parents'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login