Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Caskets for First Trimester Miscarriages:wtf

Posted by kidlesskim 
Caskets for First Trimester Miscarriages:wtf
July 17, 2011
http://www.heavensgain.com/id39.html

For $58, plus shipping and handling, you can order a 5 inch casket for miscarriages from 1-13 weeks. They have selections for 2nd and 3rd trimester as well, but this is one of the most ABSURD things I have ever run across in my life. Accessories include gold plated name plates, a bottle, and a blanket as well as a miniature vault.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Yanno, I wish I would have thought of this. In this shit economy, separating breeders from their cash would be a dream come true. I would chalk it up to reclaiming my tax money.
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. A farking CASKET for first trimester miscarriages?! How the fark are they going to know which "clot" to put in the damn casket? What is this I don't even...
Re: Caskets for First Trimester Miscarriages:wtf
July 17, 2011
brillig79
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. A farking CASKET for first trimester miscarriages?! How the fark are they going to know which "clot" to put in the damn casket? What is this I don't even...

Well, it's about the right size for a Kotex mini pad, so maybe they're just going to bury the whole pad so's not to miss any of the "baby".bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
July 17, 2011
Wow, enabling much? What these people need is psychological help, not caskets for clumps. It's one thing to be disappointed about lost potential, especially with all those crazy hormones. But to seriously mourn an embryo/fetus as if it was a dead child? No, that's insane. As long as there are mentally unstable people, there will be vultures ready to profit, I guess.

BTW, despite what misogynists and other insane people like to pretend, this is what an early miscarriage/abortion looks like. There is something fundamentally wrong with the brain of anyone who can't tell the difference.

Incidentally, if I ever became preggo (not likely as I've had a tubal ligation) I'd keep the resulting abortion in a jar of formaldehyde, if it was even big enough to be easily visible.
July 17, 2011
If someone has a pregnancy that is very welcome or hard-won, I'm not going to quibble about how they mourn its unexpected end, BUT, it's their expectations of how it should be handled by others that I'd have a conniption about. I will commiserate on the loss and wish a speedy recovery, however:

*I do not want to hear a description of what the embryo looks like, any speculation of its sex, or wild assertions that it really looked like it had certain features of the parent

*I only attend funerals for those who have drawn at least a couple of breaths, not those that just finished their fourth cell division

*flowers will be delivered to the person as a Get Well Soon gesture, not a funerary memorial

*Facebook memorial -- let's not even go there

*Any snide remarks that I will "never know what the loss means" will be met with a resounding "duh". No, I don't know what it means to lose a clot or something so small it looks like a baby shower party favor. I'm childfree, ya addled twerp. I have no desire to experience pregnancy. However, I can be sympathetic to an unrealized event. If you think I'm an unfeeling ogre because I don't join in a group puddle of emotion, I suppose it's time to re-evaluate the status of our friendship/kinship.

I suppose I see the loss of a much-desired pregnancy as an "oh, that's too bad. If at first you don't succeed, you can have fun trying again." I'm not only going to be resistant, I will be very pissed if someone expects me to join in on a funeral dirge.
July 17, 2011
glynnis
Yanno, I wish I would have thought of this. In this shit economy, separating breeders from their cash would be a dream come true. I would chalk it up to reclaiming my tax money.

I have the same thought every time I see something like this. BTW,

juliewashere88
caskets for clumps

...LOL...would make a good business name! Shit, what would we need - some clamshell takeout boxes and some brown paint? Can you imagine the profit margin?!
July 17, 2011
herbalgeek

juliewashere88
caskets for clumps

...LOL...would make a good business name! Shit, what would we need - some clamshell takeout boxes and some brown paint? Can you imagine the profit margin?!

The original site shows some dignified and I guess what one would consider understated containers. Anyone else getting into the craft could go as high falutin' as they want by going to their local Michael's or Hobby Lobby and checking the scrapbook and craft section.

Btw, did anyone else read the details of the containers? Gruesome :goggle

Why The Bottle?
we realized that the handling and burial of a miscarried baby often brings with it some special challenges. Specifically, the miscarried baby’s skeletal system is not fully developed, and so the baby does not retain his/her natural form after birth. The miscarried baby’s skin may be sticky to the touch.
Placing our baby in the bottle, and partially wrapping the bottle with a blanket allowed us to cuddle and rock our baby without worrying about skin breakdown.

Why The Cover?
Sometimes the baby is not completely intact and not all people are able to view the remains of a miscarried child and therefore a covering is desired. This is especially helpful on the case of a D& C or when the baby's body is not intact..

Put this under the "why in the hell would you do that?!!" category :crz

After being suspended in water, our baby's appearance was improved, even when we occasionally removed him from the water.

*blerf* :drool Why not just slap the thing between the pages of a heavy book until it's flat and dry then enclose it in an acrylic container and stick it on a key chain?

July 17, 2011
herbalgeek
glynnis

juliewashere88
caskets for clumps

Yes I was thinking along the same lines too! smiling smiley Although I was thinking shoe boxes covered with construction paper or seasonably appropriate gift paper which could be sold at "craft fairs" - howzat for Mondo Tacky? LOL. Plus, it is something that the housebound Moo can get started on right away! With just a few simple scrap booking supplies and tossed out boxes! Start your own BUSINESS today! Wow!

I was also thinking cremation. Fry that clump up in a used Jiffy Pop aluminum pan - call it a "cremation service" - and hey! You're makin MONEE!!!

Burials "At Sea" (or, the retention pond next to Arby's) - for the LOW RATE! of $450!!!

CALL TODAY!!!
July 17, 2011
I have one word for people who would pay for this stuff:

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there is one born every minute.
July 17, 2011
Zzelda
herbalgeek
glynnis

juliewashere88
caskets for clumps

Yes I was thinking along the same lines too! smiling smiley Although I was thinking shoe boxes covered with construction paper or seasonably appropriate gift paper which could be sold at "craft fairs" - howzat for Mondo Tacky? LOL. Plus, it is something that the housebound Moo can get started on right away! With just a few simple scrap booking supplies and tossed out boxes! Start your own BUSINESS today! Wow!

Watch it, you're going to give those folks at Esty bad ideas and then it will be on Regresty! smiling smiley
July 17, 2011
Dorisan

Why The Bottle?
we realized that the handling and burial of a miscarried baby often brings with it some special challenges. Specifically, the miscarried baby’s skeletal system is not fully developed, and so the baby does not retain his/her natural form after birth. The miscarried baby’s skin may be sticky to the touch.
Placing our baby in the bottle, and partially wrapping the bottle with a blanket allowed us to cuddle and rock our baby without worrying about skin breakdown.

OMFG. I didn't read the fine print about the bottle and had assumed it meant a baby bottle type of keepsake. NEVER in my wildest imagination did I think it meant THIS.:hs Also, I thought the "cover" was like a makeshift spray of miniature flowers or something for the TOP of the casket. This shit goes WAY beyond what I would consider "normal".

July 17, 2011
mistress rotwang

I see what you did there.
July 17, 2011
From the customer comments:

"I think this experience has made me much stronger in my pro life stance; praise God because I have had some unfortunate experiences with my doctors lately. For example, my doctor stated I basically should not waste my money burying my baby because, after all it may just be "tissue". Needless to say I am looking for another doctor. My baby died in utero at six weeks and one day. My doctor won't give me a fetal death certificate so I can bury Morgan in a cemetary because she says 'how can she be sure it was a fetus and not tissue'."
July 17, 2011
clematis

"I think this experience has made me much stronger in my pro life stance; praise God because I have had some unfortunate experiences with my doctors lately. For example, my doctor stated I basically should not waste my money burying my baby because, after all it may just be "tissue". Needless to say I am looking for another doctor. My baby died in utero at six weeks and one day. My doctor won't give me a fetal death certificate so I can bury Morgan in a cemetary because she says 'how can she be sure it was a fetus and not tissue'."

Or a very late period...
July 17, 2011
juliewashere88
mistress rotwang

I see what you did there.

angel with halo Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
July 17, 2011
Snark Shark
clematis

at six weeks SHE NAMED IT??

how about "Clumpy"?

and can't they just bury it in a MATCHBOX?

I wonder if she mourns every menstruation and ejaculation?
July 17, 2011
Caskets for pets, babies, fish, etc...fine. But for something that hasn't even taken a breath, that cannot think or feel and is not in any way sentient or even loosely resembling a human creature? This shit should not be encouraged, but smart people knew they could cash in on psychotic breeder grief.

And I looked at those early abortion pictures. Holy fucking hell, that image of the ectopic pregnancy doesn't even look human! Is that a stinger I see on it? Are they sure that's a human and not an alien embryo? Gods, it not only IS a parasite, but now is most certainly looks like one. Why would you pay money to bury that? I'd flush it for free and spend the money on celebratory food or a new toilet seat or something.
Miss_Hannigan_NLI
July 18, 2011
Our Experience

While we have been blessed to bring seven living children into this world, along the way, we have lost three children to miscarriage. Our first two died at 6 and 10 weeks of gestation, and their remains are buried in baby food jars at the head of our gravesites. We noticed the improved appearance of the 10 week old when in the jar of water. Our last loss was at 17 weeks and required us to go through labor at the hospital. We chose to place him in a jar of water also, and his appearance improved dramatically from when he was delivered. Despite searching diligently for a suitable burial casket, he was buried in a canning jar that fit into a wooden box we had found. We realized there was a real need to provide burial materials for miscarried children, and so we began developing and offering these products.

One day Jeb mistook the fetus jar for Uncle Josh's Pork Rinds. Taffi Jo never forgave him for sticking Junior on his best treble hook.
Jesus Horatio Christ on an airborne Harley-Davidson.

What they should do is just dip the little bastards in gold, mount them to a polished wooden base with an inscribed plate bearing the failed specimen's name and stick them on their mantlepieces so they can really feel important.
Snark Shark
Cambion
And I looked at those early abortion pictures. Holy fucking hell, that image of the ectopic pregnancy doesn't even look human! Is that a stinger I see on it? Are they sure that's a human and not an alien embryo? Gods, it not only IS a parasite, but now is most certainly looks like one. Why would you pay money to bury that? I'd flush it for free and spend the money on celebratory food or a new toilet seat or something.

Alien Scorpion Baby!

No wonder so many horror films have mined the "joy" of inpignancy for total scares, because it's CREEPY.

Just to name a few: Rosemary's Baby, It's Alive, The Brood and the Alien tetralogy.

Here's one. A mysterious new virus results in a boom of mutant, venom-injecting fetuses armed with razor-sharp teeth and claws, that slowly consume the inpig alive from within.

FETUS

Pregnancy complications have just become even more painful.

July 18, 2011
lonecretin
Jesus Horatio Christ on an airborne Harley-Davidson.

What they should do is just dip the little bastards in gold, mount them to a polished wooden base with an inscribed plate bearing the failed specimen's name and stick them on their mantlepieces so they can really feel important.

It's been proposed. Look for 'Electroplating the Dead,' a Victorian-era invention which never really took off.
July 18, 2011
Snark Shark
juliewashere88

BTW, despite what misogynists and other insane people like to pretend, this is what an early miscarriage/abortion looks like. There is something fundamentally wrong with the brain of anyone who can't tell the difference.

it looks like snot!

Well, it WAS dick snot several weeks prior, I guess...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
July 18, 2011
clematis

Can you imagine how often doctors are pestered to give them death certificates for this type of nonsense? This explains why so many hospitals are now giving out these "certificates of life", or something similar, for most any miscarriage, upon request. They're probably the equivalent of "student of the week" certificates that are printed for a dime a dozen and handed out to anyone and everyone with no real meaning or legally binding in any way. Don't they see they are just being appeased so they will STFU and move on?confused smiley These moos who bury "babies" at a week or two gestation because they missed a period and/or saw an imagined pink line on a piss test stick are probably the worst of the bunch too.

Perhaps someone could create a combo pack of an inpig test and a "casket" for maybe $99 plus shipping and handling. If it wasn't so fucking macabre, I honestly would consider doing this. On most any of the inpig sections of moo forums in the "loss and grief" topics there are hoards of moos who claim to have had 7 or more "miscarriages" in a year or two time frame. It's obvious to any sane casual observer that these "pregnancies" were highly likely only a combination of the hormones they are taking to assist in getting inpig causing these "symptoms" and a late period.shrug Years ago I worked with a moo wannabbe who was in the throes of fertility assisted "ttc" and she actually had a "mother's bracelet" with various "birth stones" of ALL of her angel babies. She had calculated their would be birth months and there were about 7 or 8 birth stones in the bracelet and plenty of empty ones for later on too.confused smiley

THIS was my first exposure to this insanity, but at the time I thought it was an isolated case.:crz

juliewashere88

Incidentally, if I ever became preggo (not likely as I've had a tubal ligation) I'd keep the resulting abortion in a jar of formaldehyde, if it was even big enough to be easily visible.

Last pic looks like something you'd find in a bait shop!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login