Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Child put ahead of adults on the transplant list receives 2nd set of lungs.

Posted by Anonymous User 
If anything, I think more people should be donors because of this. I'm a donor and I believe in mandatory donating with an opt out policy and if you opt out you opt out of organ receival too. If there were more organs going around then we wouldn't have to worry about them going to less than deserving people. If every post natal abortion had their organs donated, this wouldn't even be a problem.
drlove0378

Some people have said that a double-lung transplant is a "cure" for cystic fibrosis -- THAT'S NOT TRUE. Not only does CF affect more than just the lungs, but these "new" lungs will eventually be ravaged by the disease and she's gonna be in the same bind a few years down the road -- and that's if they don't get rejected first.

My mother has a rare liver disease, and her only recourse is certain meds that are supposed to slow the progression of the disease. They WILL NOT consider putting her on a donor list, because even if she were to get a liver transplant, it would not "cure" the disease, and it would progress into the new liver.

People aren't thinking about medical facts like this.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm beginning to see why Jodi Arias did it!

Day the announcement came out that the girl's neighbor-boy in the hospital also filed to be bumped up, I knew it was coming.

H looked at me and said "Now, I like THAT". Didn't really want to get into it, so just said "I suppose you do". Asked him if he did not think that the facts that the boy was right down the hall, bulldozer-moo told his family ALL about it, same lawyers, same judge, etc. were awfully coincidental? He actually replied with "no, they ranked it totally on need". OMFG!

Told him to mark my words, that within five years, if that long, ALL kids would be put at the head of the list, that this was just the beginning, and since he's let his diabetes run rampant all his life and his kidneys are now functioning at 50%, he'd better hope he didn't ever need a transplant. He continues on with the "each case will be based on need". Told him he was naive.

So "God" did all this? Could not possibly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that you emotionally and politically prostituted out your daughter and had shark lawyers and a bleeding heart judge throw objectivity out the window? Don't think "God" works like that.

I heard them tell me that this land of dreams was now
I told them I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how
- Ozzy Osbourne -
Re: Yet ANOTHER Case of "Screw the Grown Ups - Save the CHILDREN!"
June 14, 2013
I find it odd the little girl's "score", which determines who is first on the list and is subjective, went from 78 to 91 in the few days it took to place her on the adult list. The proponents of allowing kids to be on the adult list, including her Moo, are claiming they want whomever is most in need, which is determined by that score, to get the lungs whether they be a child OR adult. I'd really like to know what the person's score is who was on the over 12 waiting list and ahead of her BEFORE the media stink and the judge's ruling? If I had to guess I'd say 89 or 90. thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 14, 2013
There is blatant favoritism for the children among damn near everyone in the media. Both liberals and conservatives right out there saying kids come first. Hannity is the worst though, he and his ilk believe because they would put their own kyds first (which is understandable, a personal choice) that every adult should put every kid before themselves or any other adult. WTF. No, and I will not, I will NOT ever donate my organs now.

I am actually child-size so maybe they should forcibly take my organs so some chronically sick kyd may live a shitty life for a short while. I can see that shit happening, if someone dies who isn't a donor but has appropriate organs for children just take them anyway, unless it IS a child that died, then the organs get to decay with the child if that's what mommy wants.
June 14, 2013
blondie
There is blatant favoritism for the children among damn near everyone in the media. Both liberals and conservatives right out there saying kids come first. Hannity is the worst though, he and his ilk believe because they would put their own kyds first (which is understandable, a personal choice) that every adult should put every kid before themselves or any other adult. WTF. No, and I will not, I will NOT ever donate my organs now.

I am actually child-size so maybe they should forcibly take my organs so some chronically sick kyd may live a shitty life for a short while. I can see that shit happening, if someone dies who isn't a donor but has appropriate organs for children just take them anyway, unless it IS a child that died, then the organs get to decay with the child if that's what mommy wants.

Oh that's going to happen, if it isn't already. And who would know? I mean, all you need is a hospital/doctor who are complicit in doing these things (probably to the highest bidder) and they will take your organs even if you never intended to be a donor. How would your family ever find out? That would all be handled by the hospital/funeral director, and unless you ask the FD or he mentions it to the family, how would they ever know, short of asking for the body to be opened up or exhumed?
June 14, 2013
cfchevygirl
blondie

Oh that's going to happen, if it isn't already. And who would know? I mean, all you need is a hospital/doctor who are complicit in doing these things (probably to the highest bidder) and they will take your organs even if you never intended to be a donor. How would your family ever find out? That would all be handled by the hospital/funeral director, and unless you ask the FD or he mentions it to the family, how would they ever know, short of asking for the body to be opened up or exhumed?

Maybe I'll start some hard drinkin' and get those organs too nasty for the sneauflaykes to use. :beer I don't want to live in a world where I am a slave to brats to that degree anyway.

Chyld worship is a mental illness. I had no idea it was so deep until this case showed up and the way people, many of them powerful and influential, are so cavalier as in "well, of COURSE you should give the kids the organs first". I've heard people call K. Sebelius a one person death panel and a child killer. This for me is a leap from breeder brain moos and dorky duh bloggers to dangerous territory and it's a real red flag.
June 14, 2013
yorkielover
Not a donor, but if I were this case would have made me take my name off the list. I am healthy and would likely be an excellent candidate to be a donor which is what scares me the most. I honestly believe that there is a tendency to hurry someone's life out the door ASAP if there is someone waiting for their organs.

Check out the case of Ruben Navarro or Jacobs v. UPMC Hamot (recent PA case). I don't want vultures hovering over me and bullying my family if I was ever to be in this situation.

I agree. It's not supposed to happen but don't tell me it never does. I used to work in a hospital and know for a fact most doctors favor the youth over someone older.
June 14, 2013
blondie
cfchevygirl
blondie

Maybe I'll start some hard drinkin' and get those organs too nasty for the sneauflaykes to use. :beer I don't want to live in a world where I am a slave to brats to that degree anyway.

Chyld worship is a mental illness. I had no idea it was so deep until this case showed up and the way people, many of them powerful and influential, are so cavalier as in "well, of COURSE you should give the kids the organs first". I've heard people call K. Sebelius a one person death panel and a child killer. This for me is a leap from breeder brain moos and dorky duh bloggers to dangerous territory and it's a real red flag.

See, this shit does not suprise me. I used to work in a hospital plus have always been addicted to real life medical and cop shows. No doubt in my mind they will choose the kids first.
Kinda brings to mind the movie/book "Coma".

jbs
June 15, 2013
johnnybsterile

jbs

Let us not forget the author, Robin Cook, is a practicing physician and was employed in a hospital when he penned that scary book and others like it. It kind of makes me wonder what gave him his ideas if not from real life experiences or at least suspicions of some of his material.confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
kidlesskim
johnnybsterile

jbs

Let us not forget the author, Robin Cook, is a practicing physician and was employed in a hospital when he penned that scary book and others like it. It kind of makes me wonder what gave him his ideas if not from real life experiences or at least suspicions of some of his material.confused smiley

I had the book and there was an afterword in it about how (at the time) there was a shortage of volunteer donors and how he could see one day where a situation like in that story could possibly become reality.

I no longer carry a donor card because I've heard how with some organs, once the donor is dead they can no longer be used. Not sure but I think the heart & lungs were among them (help me, Thom C). I've had nightmares of being paralized in some kind of emergency situation and hearing the EMT say "Let's pull his lungs. He'll probably be dead soon" and feeling all the agony and pain of the procedure with nothing I could do about it.. Don't know if I really heard that somewhere or contrived it in my own mind but until I'm sure, I'm not taking any chances. They can have what they want AFTER I'm dead, but not a second before..

jbs
June 15, 2013
johnnybsterile
kidlesskim
johnnybsterile

jbs

I had the book and there was an afterword in it about how (at the time) there was a shortage of volunteer donors and how he could see one day where a situation like in that story could possibly become reality.

I no longer carry a donor card because I've heard how with some organs, once the donor is dead they can no longer be used. Not sure but I think the heart & lungs were among them (help me, Thom C). I've had nightmares of being paralized in some kind of emergency situation and hearing the EMT say "Let's pull his lungs. He'll probably be dead soon" and feeling all the agony and pain of the procedure with nothing I could do about it.. Don't know if I really heard that somewhere or contrived it in my own mind but until I'm sure, I'm not taking any chances. They can have what they want AFTER I'm dead, but not a second before..

jbs

Is it possible?
I have been scolded for being paranoid and ridiculous by so many people in my life, including several in the medical profession, who swear up and down it would be IMPOSSIBLE for an organ donor with a heart beat to have anything removed unless it was 100% certain he was brain dead with zero chance of waking up. While I will agree that's probably the rule, there are ALWAYS exceptions which would include honest mistakes as well as purposeful acts to the contrary. I also don't believe too much in the word, "impossible" either. It is a well known fact this type of shit, and worse, happens in Mexico and likely many other countries on a routine basis, so I think it's arrogant for Americans to believe it can't happen here. I think the best way for fence sitters to ascertain if it IS possible, at least to know in your own mind it is, is to imagine the following scenarios and think about what you might would do under similar circumstances:

What Would You Do?-My comments in red

1)You are a high ranking and very much respected doctor in a hospital whose recommendations and decisions are rarely questioned or debated. One of your patients is a 23 y/o graduate student, brilliant, healthy, beautiful, and a kind hearted individual with her whole life ahead of her, but she was diagnosed with a rare and progressive lung disease with no known cure and is currently at the top of the transplant list. She is only expected to live a few more weeks without new lungs. Over the past year you have grown fond of her and her family as well as the fiance' who comes to see her every single day. One of your other patients is a revolving door patient in his 60's, a chronic alcoholic with multiple health problems, and is basically a cranky asshole existing on public assistance who no one ever comes to see. However, since he only sneaks and dips snuff and isn't a smoker, remarkably his lungs are in good condition and he's a "match" for your patient AND he's an organ donor.

The old man suffers a serious stroke while in the hospital this last time and is unable to communicate, possibly temporarily, but one night he goes into cardiac arrest. Do you let him stay dead a minute longer than necessary so he can be declared legally brain dead, then resuscitate him and keep his body on life support so the young woman can get his lungs, OR do you do everything possible to revive him immediately and save his life even though he will likely be seriously disabled, at best, but not brain dead?? The old guy would be getting a one way ticket to the great saloon in the sky if the decision was mine.:drkbddy

2)Someone you dearly love, like a parent, sibling, or spouse, is in dire need of a liver transplant or they will die within a few months. Although they are seriously and terminally ill, they are tenth on the waiting list and it's not looking good for them. Someone comes to you and says for 100k they can procure the organ they need and arrange for the surgery in Mexico, but one condition is there are "no questions asked". You can get the 100k. Do you go through with it KNOWING someone in another country will likely be murdered? No, I wouldn't do this even if it was my own mother. Even people like me don't think it's okay to murder a healthy person to save another. HOWEVER, the exception would be if this was in a prison and the donor match was on death row. shrug

3)You work for the transplant team in the area that compiles and calculates the scores assigned to those on the waiting list and are high enough up the chain of command there is no one looking over your shoulder or questioning your integrity and you are nearing retirement age. Your spouse suffered catastrophic injuries (paralyzed from the chest down) in an accident the prior year which wiped out ALL of your investments, life savings, the spouse can no longer earn an income, and you also have painful degenerative disc disease which will disable you in the near future. In addition to that, you are about to lose your home you just paid off five years ago via foreclosure because you borrowed against it to pay off medical bills and for long term care for your spouse because the health insurance capped out, the IRS just levied your smaller savings and checking accounts with your few remaining dollars in it, and you just got the notice your wages will soon be garnished as well.

This will leave you, at age 60, and your disabled 65 y/o spouse, with little means to survive and you will likely have to put them in a state facility and move into an efficiency apartment and continue working as long as you are able in a fruitless effort to stay off public assistance after a LIFETIME of employment and and careful saving. Someone comes to you and offers you a million dollars to change their loved one's score by a few points so they will go to first place on the donor waiting list. This won't mean the one you bumped will absolutely die, although they could die if they get bumped. Do you take the money and change the score? More than likely, YES I WOULD, but only if I didn't think I could get caught. However, I'd spend the rest of my life living in guilt if the patient who got bumped died. If they didn't die though, I would have little remorse. shrug

Therefore, if I would "bend the rules" why should I think other people, who are actually in a position to decide, wouldn't? That judge who granted that little girl the lungs over the others waiting on the over 12 list did PRECISELY that very same thing.confused smiley

kidlesskim - Love your well thought out scenarios. Just goes to show how none of us, not a single one, would ever be totally above recrimination. I think I would agree with your suppositions on what you'd do on your scenarios, except YES, I would buy the 100K Mexican liver, but ONLY for my mother.

I don't think anyone is being paranoid about worrying about organs being harvested from them without consent/too early. I ESPECIALLY don't think it's paranoid in the least if you are an iffy case and a kid down the hall needs a piece of you NOW. These sentiments serve to reinforce my desire to donate my body to science for medical research, NOT organ donation. But hey, should I even be paranoid about that? Would I just bypass my "official" destination and become an organ farm somewhere?

Once heard someone say that no one could use the terms "always" or "never" in reference to things, because there are exceptions.
In a nutshell, I DON'T trust the medical industry. I don't trust them 1 iota!! Beings they are human, they can both make mistakes and be evil enough to cheat, murder or do anything they can get away with if the stakes are high enough. The story in "Coma" is horriffic but I don't doubt for one minute that that kind of thing has gone on SOMEWHERE in this world at some time or other.

One has to cover ones own ass as best as possible. IOW-I look out for #1. I wish I could help, but I can't change the human condition to be more competant and/or less evil so no donor card for me, folks!

There just may come a time when they won't REQUIRE a donor card to butcher your ailing ass.

jbs
Phil Collins bought David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, and Nash) a liver in 1994.

Phil buys a liver

David Crosby's liver transplant raises questions of fairness

Tue, 29 Nov 1994

Musician David Crosby has lived the high life, even by rock-star standards.

Friends said he always had the best wine, the best women, the best guitars and the best marijuana around.

Last week Crosby, 53, received some of the best medical care around. His seven-hour liver transplant in Los Angeles cost more than $200,000.

And the donated liver he received was priceless. More than 2000 Americans die each year while awaiting scarce donor organs.

Crosby’s operation may have saved his life, but it renews some troubling questions about organ transplants. Before he got sick, the singer-guitarist was notorious for drug use that doctors say destroyed his liver. Beginning with pot and psychedelics, he later developed heroin and cocaine habits of staggering proportions.

At one point while performing with the group Crosby, Stills and Nash, he reportedly was spending $600,000 a year on cocaine alone.

His lifestyle leaves some observers wondering whether people who so flagrantly abuse their health should be on the same waiting lists as those who are sick through no fault of their own. Others wonder whether the rich and famous have special access to scarce donor organs.
June 16, 2013
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27505970/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/calif-surgeon-faces-trial-organ-donation-case/#.Ub1FuOfMB_w

This happened back in 2008 and the doctor was later acquitted. However, it brings to light several important factors including some aspects of organ donation I hadn't known about before this story broke. Below is one of the articles about it and my thoughts in red:shrug

Calif. surgeon faces trial in organ donation case

Doctor is accused of hastening man's death so his organs could be taken

LOS ANGELES — Ruben Navarro loved horror movies. He watched the "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Friday the 13th" series with his mother, Rosa, and liked to visit Knott's Berry Farm when it was transformed every October to "Knott's Scary Farm." I guess they are leading into the story with this tripe to make the dead guy more "human" to the readers AND as sort of a sick way to make people think he lived a real life "horror" show.eye rolling smiley

Since his death 2 1/2 years ago, Rosa Navarro says she has been living a real-life nightmare without her only child. Ruben Navarro, who had multiple medical problems, died in a San Luis Obispo hospital after a heart attack, then was taken off a ventilator and prepared for organ donation. More emotional drama, which is likely why this case is even in the media, which leads me to believe it is all too common a practice to "prepare for the harvest", perhaps a bit too soon.confused smiley

The circumstances surrounding that death will be center stage in opening statements scheduled to begin Monday in the trial of Dr. Hootan Roozrokh, a San Francisco transplant surgeon who is accused of hastening Navarro's death so his organs could be harvested. "He was my world," Rosa Navarro told The Associated Press on Thursday. "It's been very, very hard for me. He didn't die with respect and integrity." I don't think his death being without "respect and dignity" is the issue, but wailing Moos who "lose their only child" make for good press.:Violin

Roozrokh, 34, faces one count of felony dependent adult abuse. Two other felony counts were dismissed by San Luis Obispo County Superior Court Judge Martin J. Tangeman in March. If convicted, he could face four years in prison. If convicted, wouldn't that be a murder charge? No, much of this makes little sense.confused smiley

Defense lawyer M. Gerald Schwartzbach has argued that Roozrokh did nothing wrong, saying he did not endanger Navarro's health or life. Schwartzbach did not respond to an e-mail message seeking further comment.
The case against Roozrokh is believed to be the first such criminal action brought against a transplant doctor in the U.S. I am actually surprised this case is the first because it is hard for me to believe with all the pro-lifers and wailing Moos there aren't more of them even when nothing "wrong" has been done by the transplant team.confused smiley

Navarro, 25, died in February 2006 at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center in San Luis Obispo. He had a debilitating neurological disease and was in a coma after the heart attack.His kidneys and liver were never harvested because he didn't die within a time frame when those organs would have been considered viable. See, that doesn't even make any sense! If he was in a coma and considered brain dead, WHY did they wait to harvest those organs? I wish I understood the rules on this better, but they seem confusing.:headbrick

The hospital has said it had Rosa Navarro's permission to remove her son from life support, but she disputes that.
Statements to police by nurses present in the operating room indicated Roozrokh improperly ordered excessive doses of morphine and a sedative for Navarro. State law says transplant surgeons must wait until a potential donor is dead before participating in procedures. Don't they have the mother's SIGNED permission to remove him from life support? I thought they kept the body ON life support so they could harvest the organs? I had a childhood friend drop dead of a brain aneurysm a few months ago and she was pronounced brain dead on Friday night, but since she was a donor they kept her on a ventilator until late the next Saturday afternoon so they could successfully harvest her organs. If the transplant surgeon is prohibited from "participating" in procedures until the donor patient is dead without a pulse, then who would be the one administering morphine and sedatives? Isn't it SOP to administer those drugs JUST IN CASE somehow the body can transmit pain signals to the brain? There is so much I don't understand about this. confused smiley

Conflicting accounts
But Tangeman said in his ruling dismissing the other two charges that there was no evidence Roozrokh administered or ordered a combination of morphine and the sedative. The judge also noted that doctors and nurses present when Navarro died gave conflicting accounts of what happened. Roozrokh, a surgeon at Kaiser Permanente's now-closed kidney transplant program, was working at the time on behalf of a group that procures and distributes organs. I wonder why the program was closed? WHY the conflicting accounts of what happened? Are some or all of them lying and if so, why?confused smiley

The case is being watched closely by physicians and others in the medical field, said Arthur Caplan, a professor of medical ethics at the University of Pennsylvania who worries that a conviction could hurt prospects for expanding organ donation. Which is VERY concerning to me that this might have been a factor in why he was acquitted. If the doctors can be gotten to for money, why not a judge or jury?:headbrick

"It's a trust issue," Caplan said. "It's such a moral taboo to give the appearance of hastening a death through organ donation. Were he to be found guilty, it would be a thunderclap heard through the organ procurement field."
Navarro, who weighed about 80 pounds, was born with a neurological disorder known as adrenoleukodystrophy and also had cerebral palsy. He lived in a home for mentally and physically challenged adults in the year before his death. So, there are no legal grounds or protocol in this matter, but rather they are concerned with "moral taboos" a matter of "trust", and about the "appearance" of hastening death? I WANT FACTS, not subjective opinions and conjecture!angry smiley

The hospital and its parent company settled a lawsuit last year filed by Rosa Navarro for $250,000. Under terms of the settlement, the hospital acknowledged no wrongdoing. Oh great. They admit no wrong doing, but pay out a quarter of a million dollars. I would be willing to bet no one can talk about it either. This wasn't about the loss of dignity or whatever for her son, rather it was about a terminally ill man already in a coma who died after a cardiac arrest and some think heroic efforts to "save" him weren't made. It's crystal clear Moo wanted financial compensation and for what? That poor man never contributed financially to her household, so therefore no future income was lost for his early death. She went from inconsolable and vocal to paid and silent in one fell swoop. This was a potential criminal case, NOT a civil one, and since the doctor was acquitted I fail to see why the mother got a big payout.thumbs updown

I don't know a ton about the rules regarding harvesting organs for transplant, but I do know that the person has to actually die ... ie if they are brain dead and on life support, they have to stop the machines, let the heart arrest and be clinically/legally dead for about 2 minutes. Then they turn the machines back on to keep everything working and viable while they harvest.

I know this has caused some controversy since some families have argued that if you turn the machines on and the heart starts beating again you revived the patient and they are no longer dead. The reason for shutting off the machines and letting the person die is to prevent any issues of the patient was in a coma but still alive and feeling.

It's obviously not a perfect system and no real way to make it 100% error proof.
Re David Crosby. I lost a lot of respect for him with the damned liver transplant bullshit. I remember reading an article in People magazine (I think) about how a woman sued him before his SECOND transplant because he tried to buy his position on the waiting list and he was gypping her. I don't know why but I can't find anything on the net about it, but I specifically remember reading about it. And I remember how much it pissed me off. For as much as I used to enjoy CS&N's music I just couldn't abide that a celeb could buy a position on the transplant list and cheat a regular working class soul, especially since it was his own fault that he fucked up TWO livers because he couldn't stop with the damned dope! I also heard that John Phillips tried the same thing. I was a big fan of the Mamas & Papas music in the 60s but if that story was true, the guy's an asshole of the highest order.

All of this controversy over this transplant crap brings to mind another interesting case from a few years back. If they gave these illegals the right to sue over this, that takes some nerve. Also, the moron doctor in this case needs to go back to Human Biology 101 in high school. I'm not a doctor and I know that rule #1 in transplants is MAKE SURE THE BLOOD TYPES MATCH!

jbs
June 17, 2013
If you want to get to the root of the problem and place appropriate blame, the award would have to go to religious fundamentalists who are blocking cloning and stem cell research and application due to some warped bullshit idea it's killing potential babies, which is undeniably one of the MOST asinine opinions ever formed in the history of mankind. HOW is taking some cells from the patient in need of a new organ, growing a healthy imitation of it in a laboratory, and implanting it into it's original host killing any fucking babies?:headbrick

I will remain an organ donor. I am not letting some dumbass moo interfere with that, not when I have seen organ donation go both ways and so feel quite comfortable about it for me. If my body is eligible for donation after I die, go for it. If a burn victim can use my skin to heal vicious burns, or my kidneys can allow someone to come off daily dialysis, go for it. I'd be happy if the only thing that remained was my dental veneers.

That does not mean I agree with kids getting to bump ahead of adults on the list where there are clear reasons they should not be eligible.

I can't wait until this moo's kid is 25 and gets "bumped" by a kyd with CF for new lungs. Is she really going to say "oh, my chyld no longer matters!". Not fucking likely.
June 27, 2013
I'm bumping this thread because the news tonight had a brief story about the kid. Her doctors tried to take her off the respirator but the procedure failed and they had to re-connect it.

I'm sure it was all woooooooooooooooorth it.
June 28, 2013
Breaking news: the parents released a statement saying this kid got her second set of adult lungs.

The first transplant failed.

So that's two sets of lungs so far devoted to this medical experiment.
So, a first pair of lungs was essentially wasted on this kyd and now they are going to repeat the process with ANOTHER set of adult lungs? That's it.

I'm glad I'm not an organ donor. Not that anyone would want my crappy lungs anyway, after years of smoking, but still. I find this to be a gross injustice to ADULTS who could have used those lungs and actually had a second chance at life. angry smiley

ETA: What happens when the 2nd set of adult lungs fail on this defecto? Are they going to give her a 3rd, 4th or even 5th pair? This shit has GOT to stop at some point!
It's horrible to say, but I hope the transplant continues to fail. Because that's the only way this precedent will not set the standard for similar cases. Now that they've given this girl TWO sets of lungs that will still lead to her early death that could have gone to TWO otherwise healthy people that could have made a complete recovery, if the second set fails and the girl dies, that will be put into consideration the next time a breeder decides that her Cznøphlaîque deserves to be put at the top of the donor list.

Two sets of lungs wasted in a world where organs are in shortage will hopefully make medical officials and judges think before emotionally reacting.

And my own emotional reaction that it would be karma for this mother, who insisted on creating a child with cystic fibrosis and deciding that her kid who is going to die early no matter what is more important, has all this blow up in her face spectacularly.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login