Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Child put ahead of adults on the transplant list receives 2nd set of lungs.

Posted by Anonymous User 
That stuff about organ snatchers is fucking creepy. I don't care how uncommon it is - with the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing it more often. Fucking hate doctors.

I wonder how long it'll be before they start farming or breeding humans solely for organs, a la Never Let Me Go (ye gods, that film was depressing).

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

The family did not sue because the mother of the woman said she was so depressed already that this was just another thing in her life.

Now I am against litigiousness for the sake of getting rich off your own stupidity, but I would have gone for the kill in this case. The hospital was WAY beyond negligent. A cool few mill in the bank would snap me out of a depressive state. But given that she ODed on Xanax, Benadryl AND some muscle relaxant, her organs would have not been any good, I am thinking.

Many articles feature comments from people in medicine who say the organ procurement teams are like vultures flocked around waiting for brain death. It makes me want to remove my donor stamp from my drivers license stat, and maybe make it part of my living will instead. And don't ever almost die anywhere near Sorrycuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,155907,page=1

The above link is to a thread we discussed here in October of 2011. There are some excellent links and info in that thread. I'd like for anyone to read that and tell me organ donation is still a good idea.
I just read that legislation in Texas was passed a couple of years ago making the donor flag on your drivers license irrelevant. You now have to register with the state registry. Making sure I am not on it.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
I just read that legislation in Texas was passed a couple of years ago making the donor flag on your drivers license irrelevant. You now have to register with the state registry. Making sure I am not on it.

Do you have a link for that???
http://umcfoundationelpaso.org/subpage_2_30_25.html

I take that back though...apparently it was old. Now they are saying newer licenses are considered legal. I am not in their files but will be removing it stat.

Guess I'll be removing my flag once I change my name.
navi8orgirl

Thanks for the heads up. I gotta check my DL and make sure I'm not on the donor list. All I did was trash my card a few years ago. That might not have been enough. I'm in PA but the laws are probably similar.

jbs
Quote from the above article:
The department's review showed:

*Staff skipped a recommended treatment to prevent the drugs the patient took from being absorbed by her stomach and intestines.

*Not enough testing was done to see if she was free of all drugs.**

*Not enough brain scans were performed.

*Doctors ignored a nurse's observations indicating Burns was not dead and her condition was improving.

These pigs who call themselves "doctors" need to have their licenses revoked YESTERDAY!
How can they miss this shit? They are either too diabolical for the hypocratic oath ("First do no harm........") or they're too stupid to even pass 9th grade biology, let alone med school. **These idiots could have also endangered any potential recipient of these organs if they weren't free of the drugs that she took.

Your hard earned "Health Care" dollars at work, folks! This is what these idiots get a 6 figure income for. No wonder nobody trusts doctors anymore.

jbs
cfchevygirl
Well, I realize that organ snatchers are not running rampant here --- yet. But, it just goes to show that it apparently does happen. The medical staff knew this woman was responsive in reflex, was breathing on her own, and they actually ignored tests, then went so far as to sedate her to take her organs. They knew she was not brain dead, as a Doctor in one of the articles said. They didn't seem to care, and instead actively worked to put her under anesthesia so that she couldn't fight or object.

The hospital didn't even report that this happened, and when it was found out, they were hit with a paltry fine.

It may not be widespread, right now. But, even so, it just goes to show that it happens; or people try to make it happen. Had the woman not woken up, they would've stolen her organs and no one would've ever known. They lied to her family, said she was brain-dead, and they would've remained in the dark. If it happened once, how many times more has it happened? And how many times has it been gotten away with? Even one time is too many, imo. And it just goes to show that there's not any real way to know if this has happened, unless they get caught.

I'm not currently an organ donor. But, if I was, after reading about something like this, I would rethink that idea. Why take the chance that someone tries to kill you off so that they can take your parts?

I would like to have heard who the medical staff were and what their justification was for faking this woman being brain-dead. I would also like to know who the potential recipients were. Were they chyldren? Was it someone rich and/or "important"? There had to be some kind of motivation for them to hide the fact that this woman was not a candidate for having her organs harvested.

This is why I am not an organ donor! Like my Mom says, the Moo's will run you over, but they will be pleading to you for your organs b/c they want their chyld to liiivvveee! cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

Anyone seen this case in the media?

11-year old 2-time lung transplant patient leaves hospital

About a girl w/cystic fibrosis who had not one, but TWO lung transplants literally within DAYS of one another, and, because of the parents' incessant media whoring, managed to get at least two ADULTS bumped further down on the ADULT list on account of her by getting the transplant board to "temporarily" change the rule disallowing children on the same donor lists as adults?

It pisses me off because 1. Kids' lungs aren't the same size as adults so adult lungs DON'T work in kids' situations; 2. There is a rule that states that children under 12 are NOT eligible for adult organs because of this fact. This family bitched til they got an exception to this rule and are hoping that it becomes a permanent change.
What really bothers me is that they had already wasted 1 set of lungs on her that were adult-sized that didn't fit, so they had to mutilate the lungs to fit her until they didn't function. So basically, at least one--if not two--adults died who would have been better suited for these lungs than this girl. On top of that, two days later she got ANOTHER set of adult lungs (diseased with pneumonia), meaning that one or two more adults were bumped off the waiting list who would gladly have accepted the lungs, even with the pneumonia.

There's a child organ transplant list and an adult one---this kid's parents went against ALL the rules about NOT allowing a child on the adult list and managed to fenagle not one, but TWO pairs of lungs withing a week of each other from the adult transplant list, bumping whatever unfortunate adult who was next in line down to second or third place.

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I'm fucking tired of our society of "child worshipping" at all costs---even though adults suffer as a result. Every fucking idiot who supported this incessant media whoring by these parents always ends up with the inevitable comment of, "Well, if YOU had a child, you'd do ANYTHING to save them…" FUCK YOU. If I had a spouse/parent/sister/aunt/_________(fill in the fucking blank with the person/people you love most who hypothetically need a lung transplant), I would ALSO do anything to save THEM. And I would be INFINITELY pissed if some KID got an organ---one that wasn't even her fucking SIZE--over MY loved one and they DIED as a result. Especially if the lungs FAILED in the kid. The first set of lungs they gave this girl were basically wasted on account of the size incompatability.

WHAT makes these fucking assholes think that just because you aren't a Goddamned breeder that you are not CAPABLE whatsoever of loving and caring about the adult people in your life every fucking bit as much as these fucking people love their fuck trophies???? 'WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN????"

Yeah. What about them? I don't give two shits about them where it comes to choosing who lives or dies, particularly where it's assumed that we should ALL sacrifice EVERYTHING for "their" sake. Why should some kid who's got a seriously poor prognosis even WITH a transplant get adult lungs that don't even fit, over an adult who's a suitable candidate for those lungs who's got a good prognosis and who likely WON'T reject the lungs? In this case, these parents put their crotch fruit over people more suitable for the donor lungs. Must be nice to have a lot of money and media connections so that you can manipulate the social media into doing your bidding. I'm fucking SICK of breeders thinking that no one can POSSIBLY love anyone as much as they love their damn fuck trophies.

On top of this, it's likely that this kid will need yet ANOTHER pair of lungs down the line if the cystic fibrosis invades these lungs too…wonder how many more adults are gonna' get screwed out of organs on account of this family and how many pairs of lungs are going to be wasted??? Crotch fruit should NOT come before adults---especially when the fucking organs don't even FIT them--just because parents have the money to put their sob story all over the news and get all the social media sites worked up over this shit.

Any thoughts?
They should just give the loaf a carton of smokes and third-hand smoke it (inhale smoke, exhale into baby's mouth) for their loving sprog. What is with these people that forgo other's well-being for the loaf who got fucked in natural selection? If I ever had a sprog, you damn well bet I'd let the people who should be getting their organs get them first. No one should be line cutting on an organ donation list. You'd think that whoever runs these lists would be concerned with age determination of the donee. Why didn't they stop said loaf from going on an adult list? This makes no sense at all.
icyveinedcfguy
You'd think that whoever runs these lists would be concerned with age determination of the donee. Why didn't they stop said loaf from going on an adult list? This makes no sense at all.

They do/are supposed to prevent that from happening, and in the past have stuck to those rules, but the breeders of this kid have money, media connections and managed to do a shitload of whining to CNN and a buttload of social media outlets. At that point, the board who makes the rules caved to this sob story on account of pressure and public sentiment, setting a REALLY fucked up precedence. This is only supposedly a "temporary" ruling on these types of cases that will stand until July 2014. After that, they're supposedly going to see if the rules need to be changed to allow MORE of this shit or something, but hopefully they'll decide to leave it the way it is, i.e. ADULTS ONLY on the adult list, kids on the kid list, and no more kids jumping to the front of the adult line. The fact that this kid already wasted a perfectly good pair of adult lungs that should have gone to an ADULT is a perfect example of WHY the rules about age limits exist.
That kid likely won't make it to 18. Hell, if she was in the hospital that long, maybe not even to 13.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
vampamanda
yurble
If adults and children are going to be one the same shared list I hope this means adults will also be eligible for transplants from children if they are the best matches. I guess the average adult will need 2-3 pairs of kiddie lungs to get enough oxygen, which means quite a few kids will lose out from this combined system.

One can dream.

THIS!
thumbs upwink Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou

ABSOLUTELY.
Snark Shark
bell_flower

2. The process was fucked even before that happened. Celebrities often get organs before the rank and file. Mickey Mantle, the famous baseball player, got a liver transplant (no doubt over other people) even when he ruined his liver by drinking.

I remember that! TOTALLY FUCKED. he didn't even live very long after the transplant.

Yup. And let's not forget J.R. Ewing,cowboy a.k.a. Larry Hagman and David Crosby. Disgusting. Don't tell ME that celebrities and people with shitloads of money don't get special fucking treatment.angry smiley
brown-eyed diamond
That kid likely won't make it to 18. Hell, if she was in the hospital that long, maybe not even to 13.

The moo said she is excited to watch her graduate from college, but she'll be extremely lucky just to graduate from high school. Look on the bright side at least she didn't reject this pair and needed a third pair.
What if - just what if - a parunt had to choose between the chyld, and spouse, if they both needed a vital organ transplant, and only one of them could have it. What then?

This is why breeders piss me the fuck off.
handsoffmyuterus

About a girl w/cystic fibrosis who had not one, but TWO lung transplants literally within DAYS of one another, and, because of the parents' incessant media whoring, managed to get at least two ADULTS bumped further down on the ADULT list on account of her by getting the transplant board to "temporarily" change the rule disallowing children on the same donor lists as adults?

It pisses me off because 1. Kids' lungs aren't the same size as adults so adult lungs DON'T work in kids' situations; 2. There is a rule that states that children under 12 are NOT eligible for adult organs because of this fact. This family bitched til they got an exception to this rule and are hoping that it becomes a permanent change.
What really bothers me is that they had already wasted 1 set of lungs on her that were adult-sized that didn't fit, so they had to mutilate the lungs to fit her until they didn't function. So basically, at least one--if not two--adults died who would have been better suited for these lungs than this girl. On top of that, two days later she got ANOTHER set of adult lungs (diseased with pneumonia), meaning that one or two more adults were bumped off the waiting list who would gladly have accepted the lungs, even with the pneumonia.

There's a child organ transplant list and an adult one---this kid's parents went against ALL the rules about NOT allowing a child on the adult list and managed to fenagle not one, but TWO pairs of lungs withing a week of each other from the adult transplant list, bumping whatever unfortunate adult who was next in line down to second or third place.

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I'm fucking tired of our society of "child worshipping" at all costs---even though adults suffer as a result. Every fucking idiot who supported this incessant media whoring by these parents always ends up with the inevitable comment of, "Well, if YOU had a child, you'd do ANYTHING to save them…" FUCK YOU. If I had a spouse/parent/sister/aunt/_________(fill in the fucking blank with the person/people you love most who hypothetically need a lung transplant), I would ALSO do anything to save THEM. And I would be INFINITELY pissed if some KID got an organ---one that wasn't even her fucking SIZE--over MY loved one and they DIED as a result. Especially if the lungs FAILED in the kid. The first set of lungs they gave this girl were basically wasted on account of the size incompatability.

WHAT makes these fucking assholes think that just because you aren't a Goddamned breeder that you are not CAPABLE whatsoever of loving and caring about the adult people in your life every fucking bit as much as these fucking people love their fuck trophies???? 'WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN????"

Yeah. What about them? I don't give two shits about them where it comes to choosing who lives or dies, particularly where it's assumed that we should ALL sacrifice EVERYTHING for "their" sake. Why should some kid who's got a seriously poor prognosis even WITH a transplant get adult lungs that don't even fit, over an adult who's a suitable candidate for those lungs who's got a good prognosis and who likely WON'T reject the lungs? In this case, these parents put their crotch fruit over people more suitable for the donor lungs. Must be nice to have a lot of money and media connections so that you can manipulate the social media into doing your bidding. I'm fucking SICK of breeders thinking that no one can POSSIBLY love anyone as much as they love their damn fuck trophies.

On top of this, it's likely that this kid will need yet ANOTHER pair of lungs down the line if the cystic fibrosis invades these lungs too…wonder how many more adults are gonna' get screwed out of organs on account of this family and how many pairs of lungs are going to be wasted??? Crotch fruit should NOT come before adults---especially when the fucking organs don't even FIT them--just because parents have the money to put their sob story all over the news and get all the social media sites worked up over this shit.

Any thoughts?

Yes, handsoffmyuterus, we do have thoughts on it. This topic was started in June and has SIX PAGES of commentary about this very case.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Do people not READ before they fucking post?

Wow...

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
kidlesskim
handsoffmyuterus

Any thoughts?

Yes, handsoffmyuterus, we do have thoughts on it. This topic was started in June and has SIX PAGES of commentary about this very case.

Here's my explanation for this:

I originally posted this in the wrong forum---it was in the Patio Forum. I forgot that the "rant" forum was The Living Room because I hadn't been here in a while. And I DID look through The Patio forum before I posted it to see whether or not there was already a post on this topic. I didn't see one there, so I posted it. It was only AFTER I did that it occurred to me that it should have gone in the Living Room forum, and THAT'S when I saw that this topic was already covered on here. By then, the mods had already moved it to this thread so it was too late to do anything about it since you can't delete posts.

Also, I've been on this site for almost 5 months, but my original screen name got deleted after some glitch on the site. When I came back, I had to re-register. All of my old posts from a few months ago now say "anonymous" on them instead of handsoffmyuterus.
drake
Do people not READ before they fucking post?

Wow...

See my other post.
That picture.... I've been LMAO for an hour! I wish I was brave enough to post it on Facebook!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
It looks like those old pics of Sea Monkies from when I was a kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
jmc
That picture.... I've been LMAO for an hour! I wish I was brave enough to post it on Facebook!

I'm such a cunt I actually did post it on Facebook---on an anti-abortion page. :satan They of course banned me from the page, but... waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login