Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
I grew up with younger brother, in a house where my Dad works at home in a creative profession and my mom wore the pants. I'm 35 now and I went into a similar profession. I marketed my Dad's business once I got my computer degree, then, after making my Dad more money and new clients in a single 2 year period than he'd ever had, my mom retired from her job, and together, they fired me, and continue to use the clients I introduced them to to pay their bills, and ignore the internet's ability to make more, out of pride. Even before this happened, my mom would take a full 1-2 years off, every 5-10 years growing up, because "it's hard working AND being a mom". Now it's "I did my job". Meanwhile, my Dad will work until he'd dead.

At the same time all this was happening my brother got his wife pregnant and they had 2 kids in 3 years. Of course, even though I do practically the same thing as my Dad, and made my parents the money to afford her to retire, nothing I have done or will ever do will be one millionth as important as those precious carbon copies. My brother and his family live 9 hours away from my parents, and I live one, and our house is on the way. But....my folks see them 3-5 times a year, and never come over. My brothers wife is also a non-biological replica of my mom, who has never had a full time job once in the 12 years she'd dated / been married to my brother, and will no doubt ride the "stay at home mom" profession even when her kids are teenagers driving cars.

All of this put together made me somewhat of a sexist in my 20s, Im not proud to say. However, at 29 I met my fiance of going on 7 years, who I have lived with for 6, who has saved me from becoming estranged from the rest of my family. She is the most childfree, honest and down to earth woman I have ever met. I can actually watch a TV show with her without her automatically assuming every woman with a child is a delicate flower that deserves to be waited on hand and foot. For example: when I used to watch a show with an ex where a woman trapped a man with a pregnancy, the exes would say stuff like" well it takes two to make a baby". My fiance, on the other hand says "she totally trapped him, what a bitch". It's super refreshing to be with a female who doesn't think the world revolves around giving birth and raising children.

But that's me ^^^. I'm here mainly for the entertaining comments you can't / aren't allowed to say on normal social media. You all are going great!
Re: thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)
October 12, 2018
Hello, I'm Fleur. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. I've never wanted kids and they are annoying when I'm around them too long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login