Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
November 30, 2013
JoJo
nightfire
Exactly. Sometimes an answer isn't flashy. Nor is it always something that tends the heavens open with a chorus of angels. This also brings up a subtitle of this, such as why God allows suffering. It's because the world is broken it shows, plus he won't remove human free will to do evil. Not because he hates people, but because it would turn people into mindless robots, and rob the person of any choice to actively turn away from evil. Even if it meant no suffering, it would also punish people who didn't choose to harm others, as they themselves still had the capacity to choose to do evil.

That just sounds like a rationalization to me.

I read Bullfinch's Mythology when I was 10 and noticed quite a few similarities to the bible. It didn't take me long to figure out that a lot of greco-roman-egyptian mythology got grafted on to the story of a rabbi who got killed by the Romans for political reasons.

Much of early religion was passed on by word of mouth and much of those faiths and myths are from roughly the same region, especially when you consider the reach of the various civilizations and that many of these civilizations traded amongst each other or supplanted other older ones. The Romans, for example, co-opted a bunch of Greek gods and legends with some differences.
November 30, 2013
Well, I know they had a smattering of religions there, but my knowledge of many of them is pretty much surface deep. Some I know more then others, and well, that's about it mostly. smiling smiley

Here are more of my hates:
'Christmas all over again" by Tom Petty. To me this one is nearly as bad as the infamous Paul McCartney song. This thing they play every other hour in the store and each time it's like a bad lingering headache and the irritability from a professional junky's sugar rush. "It's Chriismass, alll ooooovveeer again, again and again."

The ongoing trend of video game developers to 'dumb down' their games. Now I know that quit a bit of this is due to publishers not wanting to drive away newbie/kid gamers, but over time this ends up resulting in too easy games, bosses that aren't challenges and puzzles that are boring. Legend of Zelda is a good example of this, with the additional aspect of too much 'hand holding.'

I don't know if I mentioned this before in this thread but: People who let their cats breed, and then have the gall to say 'Oh but it's too expensive to fix them.' I have one of these at work, and it's very maddening. Even as they could afford to set aside a little money each week, long before their animals reach breeding age, and not having a bunch of semi-ferals running loose. Then I get to hear every so often about how such and such cat just had a litter, and the occasional not so nice things that occasionally happen to these ferals. To be fair though, this person is a breeder, and is one of those folks that liked to jabber on about her single kid to anything with a heartbeat, so this might be expected behavior. But this has been bothering me for a long time, and is downright torture when she talks about the 'not so nice things' that happen to these poor kitties.
November 30, 2013
Yes, you wanna watch any racist stuff because there are Jews on here grinning smiley

I am not religious. I read a great deal about Ancient History just out of interest. I have spent time in the ME also. Anybody wanna move to Israel? I need USD 750K for this flat I want in Tel Aviv. Who wants to buy it for me? Come on, Generous Christians! Send the Jews back to Israel - it'll produce Jesus! (Many Xtians seriously believe this.)

You know what? I know where Jesus is.

He's this Mexican guy who lives over here by that one liquor store. I found Jesus!

Anyway, I really did want to share with everyone a lovely and uplifting story about stereotypes, culture, and religion. It would be about looks, mostly, and if anything I suppose I look like an Iranian. Lots of people in Israel thought I was an Iranian. I have fairly light skin. In sun I will get darker. (I can actually do multi colors - including blue, like a Smurf, shhhh..... it's a secret.)

So there is the stereotype of a big, hooked nose. Um, NO. I have an excellent nose, it's the nose you want. You should wish you had it. I even went and measured it and it sticks out about an inch and a half and length wise it's just a bit over 1.5 " also. It's really like a perfect triangle. I don't think it would be genetically possible for me to be Helen of Troy - but goddamn I do have a really great nose!

So one time I got the brilliant idea to shove my finger up it - as far as it could go. Why I did this is anyone's guess. It had nothing to do with 'picking' - God only knows why I did this. (God works in mysterious ways ~)

Interrupting myself - another thing I do not 'get' - is when you see skulls - there is a hole where the nose was. OK, it's cartilage, I get that. But - up there by my eye sockets - that's like hard bone, by the nose. The bottom part / tip is more flexible - up there by the top / by the 'bridge' - that's like *hard bone*.

So what I did was - I managed to shove my finger beyond the 'interior' of the nose - up into this 'bony part' - and let me tell you - it was extremely painful. Exceedingly painful. I think I even had to use my other hand to pull the one out.

Maybe that's why I did it? I was curious about the bones? I get over taken by some crazy ideas at times, believe me. Or maybe I got possessed by demons or something doh face
I *knew* that Ba'al worship would come back on me!

Now wasn't that an Uplifting Sermon? In case you couldn't follow it - the moral of the story is - do not try to shove your hands up into your brain.

(Let me guess - half of you have now got the urge TO do this! grinning smiley) (Snark Shark - looking at you ~ LOL).

Does anyone else have 'hard bones' up by the top there? Is it just really hard cartilage?

Here's another scaly Eastern creature for you ~
Rock the Casbah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin
November 30, 2013
More thoughts on the above silliness ~

I suppose you could call this a 'hate' thing because I really do not care to play "Guess My Ethnicity" with anyone. I know what I look like.

It includes the Stranger (can be someone you know, also) saying things like this ~

You're rather unusual looking, are you 'from here'?
You're too tall to be a Mexican. And / or You don't look exactly Latin.

Also goes for any Far E. musings -
You're too big to be Japanese / Chinese and / or your skin's too dark/not yellow / you don't have a flat face.

Oh, and the Instigator of this is definitely not racist! because HE (and it is ALWAYS a HE) - thinks you're really pretty! smile rolling left righteyes2

And NO you surely can't "feel if they're real" either - because in my case - the 'they' in question would be blue eyes. No, they're not contact lenses. Yes, they're real.

So. Are you like one of them Ay Rabs? You been in any of them there Bollywood Movies?

HEAD DESK.

So many people have so many misconceptions ~
To the point of where they don't even know what continent they're talking about.

I just got a vision of the Wisest Jews of All - and I got a feeling of Spirituality - it is a SIGN!
Ad on TV for upcoming episodes of The Three Stooges.

Ahhhh. Yes. The Three Wise Men ~

These are The Prophets. You can just go ahead and forget everything else.
November 30, 2013
Zzelda

I suppose you could call this a 'hate' thing because I really do not care to play "Guess My Ethnicity" with anyone. I know what I look like.

It includes the Stranger (can be someone you know, also) saying things like this ~

You're too big to be Japanese / Chinese and / or your skin's too dark/not yellow / you don't have a flat face.

Oh, and the Instigator of this is definitely not racist! because HE (and it is ALWAYS a HE) - thinks you're really pretty! smile rolling left righteyes2

And NO you surely can't "feel if they're real" either - because in my case - the 'they' in question would be blue eyes. No, they're not contact lenses. Yes, they're real.

So. Are you like one of them Ay Rabs? You been in any of them there Bollywood Movies?

HEAD DESK.

To the point of where they don't even know what continent they're talking about.

I just got a vision of the Wisest Jews of All - and I got a feeling of Spirituality - it is a SIGN!

Well, I don't look Italian, even though I am half. If anything, I look like a hobbit.

There is no pure race. Look at maps of the assorted European and ME empires and civilizations.
December 01, 2013
Zzelda

HEAD DESK.

Get this all the time as well, but with the idea if you're a certain shade of brown you can never be an American.

Usually it goes like this:

idiot I just met: Where are you from?
me: Washington DC area
idiot: No, where are you from?
me: [Northern VA suburb]
idiot: No. Where. Are. You. From?
me: How much do you weigh? [walks away]

For some reason an idiot asking me a personal question that is none of their business is fine, but they get huffy if I return the favor. I'm at the point where I ask about the idiot's weight as a response to the first question.
December 01, 2013
zatoth
Zzelda

HEAD DESK.

Well, I don't look Italian, even though I am half. If anything, I look like a hobbit.

There is no pure race. Look at maps of the assorted European and ME empires and civilizations.

I also get this lol. My mother's side is a mix of French, Cherokee, and Greek. My father's side is Scottish, Irish, English and French. So whenever I get the question of what is your background, I just say "a little of this, a little of that, shake it up and that's what you get". grinning smiley
April 04, 2014
I'm wondering if we should make this thread sticky?

I'm bumping it because I wanted to record something I've always hated: Women who speak with little girl voices. Gaaaaawd....it gets on my nerves SO MUCH. Recently some woman with a baby clothes company was on the noon news. Despite the subject matter, I continued to watch it because I was annoyed/fascinated. I kept thinking, good Gawd, you're a grown woman, not a five year old. Get some speech therapy, dammit!

And I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't stand how people can't tell the difference between "lose" and "loose." Hang out of a grief forum and see how many people type, "it's so awful loosing the one you love...."
April 04, 2014
bell_flower
I'm bumping it because I wanted to record something I've always hated: Women who speak with little girl voices.

Like Bernadette on the Big Bang Theory?

She started out with a regular voice, then decided to diversify her character I guess by adding the squeak toy voice. It's not that bad since you know she is doing it as part of her character, but I'm glad she never gets any long monologues. I'd have to turn down the volume.

bell_flower
And I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't stand how people can't tell the difference between "lose" and "loose."

Penalty for that should be the loss of one finger, up to a joint, each time that is typed

bell_flower
Hang out of a grief forum and see how many people type, "it's so awful loosing the one you love...."

What, so you kept them captive and are now setting them loose?

It's another fault to the English language that only one O is needed to make a sound like OO, but that's one of the simple anachronisms that people remember, even if it doesn't make sense.
April 06, 2014
A commercial for Jimmy Dean Sausages. I HATE IT. The music, the stupid stare down over a sausage,I grit my teeth when I see it, instead of changing the channel. smile rolling left righteyes2

Evan Davis
April 06, 2014
-When people try to explain a funny scene from a movie or irl. You bore me, and I hate having to make that fake smiley face for you

-Waiting to pump gas and the person in front of you takes their sweet time adjusting the mirror, putting on their seat belt, knitting a comforter whatever, and they see you waiting

-People who insist on making a right hand turn from the middle of the road, instead of moving over, and so you're forced to wait behind them

-Anal itch in public

-You've had a charming conversation with your crush, only to realize later a huge booger was visible

-Your coworkers dare you to pick up the bosses phone, and the ear piece is covered in ear wax

-You can't take your eyes off the ear wax clinging to your bosses ear hair.

-Saying sperm of the moment instead of spur of the moment.

-The person in the checkout line ahead of takes their sweet time moving out of your way

-People who have more the 10 items in the 10 item or less line, and then have the nerve to use coupons, write checks, etc

Evan Davis
June 07, 2014
I thought I'd bump the hate thread. Maybe we should make the HATE and LOVE treads sticky?

Anyway, for background: My maiden name was a name that could be spelled one of two ways. I had the less common spelling. I chose to take DH's (cool, WASPY) name that also can be spelled two ways and as luck would have it, it's the less common.

When conducting business, I have a routine when people ask me what my last name is. I say it, then I spell it out at least once because if they had to guess, they have a good chance of getting it wrong. (My first name could be spelled multiple ways as well.)

Anyway, I was at the car dealership and they couldn't find my car records. The receptionist is like, oh, it's not a big deal. Yes, it is a big deal because I want my maintenance records. Anyway, it turned out it wasnt' a simple misspelling---THEY DROPPED THE FIRST LETTER OF MY NAME. It would be like if your name was Herndon and they had it filed as Erndon. Obvious fuck up.

Anyway, the point of this rant is that I cannot stand it when people have your name misspelled and they act like it's YOUR FAULT or that YOU TOLD THEM WRONG.

Whenever this happens I want to say, I KNOW HOW TO SPELL MY NAME . If you have the last name wrong, it's not because I gave you the incorrect information. YOU TOOK IT DOWN WRONG.

JUST ADMIT IT.
June 08, 2014
Received a progress report from a convention I'm attending next year and it was addressed to Hana S. Johnson, I didn't use my middle name when I registered and Takeo's last name begins with an S. Have no idea who the hell put it there, or why. I know I'm married to Takeo, and I don't need the reminder or people to get the impression I took Takeo's name or I'm hypheninating now.

Was born Hana Mary Johnson, and will die as Hana Mary Johnson thank you very much.
June 10, 2014
Oh Jesus I have a last name that is unique and difficult to spell. It sounds like "Gwendolyn," so if you take all of the vowels in that word (including the y) and mix them up with every other vowel, my last name could be spelled a million ways. I usually spell it out real slowly for whoever is taking it down and sometimes they still fuck it up. This is a nuisance, but what REALLY pisses me off is when some asshole takes it upon themselves to try and muddle through it themselves without asking me or somebody else that knows. Then I get a bunch of important documents with some fucked-up last name on it. This used to happen to me in the military ALL THE TIME and it's just laziness. Go ask your supervisor how to spell it. Call your friend at personnel command and ask them. People know it, don't humiliate me with your fucked up Pennsyltucky GED version of it.

A similar thing that I hate is when people REFUSE to learn the correct pronuciation of somebody's name and they persist in pronouncing it wrong. I had a boss that did this and I could never figure out who he was talking about because he would pronounce their names wrong. I suspect he may have done it on purpose as he had a Napolean complex and it was a mild, under-the-radar insult, but I'm not sure. It's somebody's name and you should pronounce it correctly.
June 10, 2014
I hate toddlers wearing nothing but a diaper at the beach. Luckily, most of the people who live here year around or rent for the entire summer are CF, are PNBs or have adult children out of the nest and they all think it is tacky and trashy as well.
June 11, 2014
hana
Received a progress report from a convention I'm attending next year and it was addressed to Hana S. Johnson, I didn't use my middle name when I registered and Takeo's last name begins with an S. Have no idea who the hell put it there, or why. I know I'm married to Takeo, and I don't need the reminder or people to get the impression I took Takeo's name or I'm hypheninating now.

Was born Hana Mary Johnson, and will die as Hana Mary Johnson thank you very much.

My former university sends me letters addressed to "Mrs. (Husband's name)". It drives me BONKERS. I'm not too surprised since this is a school in the armpit of TexAss, where women are seen as man-appendages.
June 11, 2014
Ketchup
My former university sends me letters addressed to "Mrs. (Husband's name)". It drives me BONKERS. I'm not too surprised since this is a school in the armpit of TexAss, where women are seen as man-appendages.

My SO gets more letters addressed to Mr. (my surname) than I get with the converse. In fact, I think we only ever got one letter that was the other way around, a Christmas card from some of his elderly relatives whom he corrected on the matter. He tends to get them from businesses.
June 15, 2014
Just been reminded of something else I hate: people standing around talking, in the middle of the pavement. Oh sure! Just stand there and block the way for others! Who cares, right? I generally just push past them - and make a point of pushing HARD. Because the fuckwits deserve it. There's no point in being polite to these dicks.

Know what else I hate? People who say that overpopulation is a myth. FUCK. RIGHT. OFF. Even my own mother (who's usually quite level-headed about breeding stuff) doesn't see 7 billion people and counting as a problem. You know, if a pandemic occurs and kills off even 40% of all humans, I'd be quite happy. Most people (mainly the council-estate-on-every-fucking-type-of-benefits-with-shitloads-of-kyds vermin) are totally worthless and won't be missed as they don't contribute anything anyway. /rant

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

June 15, 2014

Just been reminded of something else I hate: people standing around talking, in the middle of the pavement.

In a similar vein, I can't stand people in the grocery store who have no concept of other people around them. You know those assholes who will be looking at something while their cart is completely blocking the aisle so nobody else can get through. Stop being such a selfish fuck. You aren't the only person in the store who is trying to attend to business.

I also can't stand people who aren't efficient at the check out. They are slow to get their items from the cart onto the conveyor and they wait until the clerk has run up the last item before it occurs to them to start looking for their credit card or wallet. Or, worse yet, they realize they forgot something, so they'll send Snotleigh to get something while everyone else is waiting.

Moos are the worst examples--they obviously have all the time in the world to fuck around and the grocery store is some kind of social event for them and their brats.
June 15, 2014
bell_flower
In a similar vein, I can't stand people in the grocery store who have no concept of other people around them. You know those assholes who will be looking at something while their cart is completely blocking the aisle so nobody else can get through. Stop being such a selfish fuck. You aren't the only person in the store who is trying to attend to business.

I've gotten into the habit of pushing their carts to the side. Not in an aggressive way, but just enough for me to get down the isle or to reach whatever I need from the shelf.

I hate getting stuck in line behind people who don't know how the self-checkout works. It's not fucking rocket science - scan your own shit, bag it yourself, and then pay for it.
June 15, 2014
pepper labeija
bell_flower

I've gotten into the habit of pushing their carts to the side. Not in an aggressive way, but just enough for me to get down the isle or to reach whatever I need from the shelf.

I hate getting stuck in line behind people who don't know how the self-checkout works. It's not fucking rocket science - scan your own shit, bag it yourself, and then pay for it.

I get stuck behind the nitiwits that don't know how to use the ATM machine while paying for their stuff. Seriously? It's usually elderly women that do this which results in the cashiers having to say "Now swipe there and press this key..."
June 17, 2014
I hate people who who clog up lines to have "teaching moments" with their brats at lunch counter and store checkout.
"Now what do we do? Do we hand her the money? How much money is the big coin worth?......"and on and on and on.
Teach your kyds at home assholes, or when the store isn't busy.
June 17, 2014
Please allow me to repeat how much I hate idiots who think they can restore old houses. I've seen it enough times but it never fails to make me sick. Thanks to some dipshit who thought he knew everything and could be told nothing a 1900s farmhouse that could have been brought back to it's original glory is now just a demolition. Please don't get me started the moron who thought it would be a good idea to use pink outdoor latex paint on antique hardwood floors. I still think killing that moron would be a good idea.
June 28, 2014
I HATE with the fire of ten thousand supernovas people who let their dogs run loose.

This has been an ongoing problem in our neighborhood. I like to walk for exercise, and I can't tell you how many times I've been rushed by a loose dog. These are not strays, but rather dogs who have either gotten out or have been purposely let out by their fucktarded owners.

Today was especially scary when this cattle dog/border collie type dog ran up to me snarling, and I felt him trying to bite the back of my leg. I yelled loudly "Whose dog is this??" Of course no one was around.

I'm not putting up with it anymore and have been filing complaints with animal control. Today I went and bought a pepper spray canister. I will have NO qualms about using it when incidents like this happen in the future.

Irresponsible pet owners are just as bad as irresponsible breeders. FUCK THEM. angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 29, 2014
CrabCake
I HATE with the fire of ten thousand supernovas people who let their dogs run loose.

I hate it, too, when the dogs haven't been properly trained. If you want to let your dog off-leash, make sure it comes when called, knows how to walk by your side even when it is off-leash, and knows not to jump on people.

About once a week I get irritated during my bicycle commute by someone who doesn't know how to share the path. Often it s a dog wandering all over the path and I have to brake so as to not hit it because the owner makes no attempt to restrain it on one side of the path. The good owners see me approaching or hear my bell and call the dog over, make it sit, and use the moment to reinforce training. The crap ones don't seem to care that a lapdog is going to be far worse off from being hit by a bicycle going 15 km/hr than the cyclist will be.

I've also had dogs try to jump on me when I'm running. So far none have tried to bite me, but that's not the point. The owner will inevitably yell, "Oh, don't worry, (s)he's friendly!" Well, that is not the point. The point is that I don't want random dogs jumping on me, even if they're not trying to attack me. I don't want a rash on my legs where the dog touched me, or do have to stop my workout because of an asthma attack. And even if I weren't allergic, I'd consider it my right not to be assaulted by random dogs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login