Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just plain hate.

Posted by catharsist 
Re: Just plain hate.
October 16, 2020
My hates today, in no particular order:

1. tailgaters. I hate drivers who will not go with the flow. No matter whom they get behind or how fast that person is going, they ride bumpers until they can pass the person. obnoxious. note: I get out of anyone's way who wants to pass me-you wanna go faster? Have at it. But some people cannot be behind anyone and they need to stop fucking driving.

2. People in stores who have no concept that other people are in the store and they may need to get to an item. I am not talking about people who take a minute to look at things and compare items--I'm talking about people who park in front of shit and look at their cell phones or are generally oblivious when someone else may be trying to access something in front of them.

3. I have an acquaintance on FB who was my neighbor approximately 15 years ago. I never hear from her unless she wants me to donate to one of her church related causes. She just asked me for my address again and I'm sure a mailer is coming about some mission critical Xtian indoctrination mission in another country, some dumb fundraiser for one of the holy grand brats or some MLM type venture. Seriously, do people have no shame? I would be embarrassed but I guess that means I'm not an MLM type person.

4. Anyone under 25 who calls themselves a "seasoned professional" on LinkedIn. Someone I know has a kid who is 24 and he is touting himself as a "senior influencer" or "senior strategist." Just stop it already.

5. "Influencers." Not a real job. Just stop it already.
February 04, 2021
I realize today I have another hate, and it often is from Southern women:

Women with "little girl" voices. You are a grownup--talk like a damn grownup, please.
March 27, 2021
I share that same visceral reaction to artificially childlike voices...in adults of any gender.

There's a joke between the spouse and I that I subconsciously trained an acquaintance of ours to modulate her voice when around me. But it's true. I certainly wish her no ill, but we're not really friends either. She seems to think I'm cool, though, and so we'll chat when at parties together. And she uses a regular adult voice and conversational cadence with me. I honestly don't know how this happened really.
April 11, 2021
bell_flower
I realize today I have another hate, and it often is from Southern women:

Women with "little girl" voices. You are a grownup--talk like a damn grownup, please.

I hate that too. I also hate the "mom voice" that a lot of women put on when they are with their kids. Or when they talk to their kids in the third person, like "Mommy wants you to put that down, MacKinzlee."
April 15, 2021
bell_flower
People in stores who have no concept that other people are in the store and they may need to get to an item. I am not talking about people who take a minute to look at things and compare items--I'm talking about people who park in front of shit and look at their cell phones or are generally oblivious when someone else may be trying to access something in front of them.

Allow me to add an introvert spin to this hate: when someone is standing right where I need to be and refuses to move, and because I don't want to talk to anyone when I shop to say "excuse me," I may go all the way around the other end of the aisle in order to have access to the other side of this person to reach the thing I want. But by the time I do this, the motherfucker in question has relocated themselves juuuust enough to be in my way again. I know this is partly my own fault for being unsocial, but goddamn it I want to brain these assholes with a sack of rice just so they get out of my fucking way already.
June 24, 2021
I will never buy Haribo candies because of the ads featuring adults speaking with childrens' voices.
July 02, 2021
Add this to the list of things I can't stand: Old, fat, boomer men who hang out at the gym wearing tiny shorts and old man, little undershirts. They stand in largo groups, talking loudly while taking up valuable space. Do these old dudes think they're sexy, with their big guts hanging out over their tiny shorts, clad in stretch cotton undershirts? The worst is having to pass through their He-Man group to get someplace, becuase they make loud, sexist comments to any woman who dares to walk by.

Ewwww.....just ewwwww.
August 09, 2021
I hate people in FB groups who cannot read.

I am a member of some groups for particular health conditions. A woman posted and said she had food sensitivity testing and she cannot eat eggs, oats, cow's milk, yogurt and wheat. She asked for breakfast suggestions. At least half of the people suggested:

bread
oat milk
eggs
granola (primary ingredient is oatmeal)
overnight oats
coconut yogurt (still yogurt)
sourdough bread (has wheat in it)
English muffins < eye roll Jeebus >

These are the same people who cannot figure out birth control.
August 09, 2021
bell_flower
I hate people in FB groups who cannot read.

I am a member of some groups for particular health conditions. A woman posted and said she had food sensitivity testing and she cannot eat eggs, oats, cow's milk, yogurt and wheat. She asked for breakfast suggestions. At least half of the people suggested:

bread
oat milk
eggs
granola (primary ingredient is oatmeal)
overnight oats
coconut yogurt (still yogurt)
sourdough bread (has wheat in it)
English muffins < eye roll Jeebus >

These are the same people who cannot figure out birth control.

Coconut non-dairy yogurt should be okay if it is a milk sensitivity, but not if the problem is also the bacteria. Every other suggestion is just plain daft, unless the person who proposed granola pointed out that you can make your own using flakes made from whatever grains you can consume (e.g., rye, sorghum, quinoa, etc).

I've seen the same moronic behavior in action as well.

I'm on a vegan food group and someone will post a photo with something that visually looks as if it might not be vegan, but which is. The description will clearly read something like "shakshuka with tofu egg" or "vegetable pizza with Daiya mozarella" and inevitably multiple people will leave comments like "Cheese is not vegan!!!!" Of course since reading the description of the picture is too difficult, they also won't read the responses to the previous people to make that comment. Then they get huffy when they are the fifth person to make an ass of themselves and someone responds in exasperation "Yes, cheese is not vegan, but if you READ THE DESCRIPTION you would see it is not cheese" and respond with indignation, "No need to be so RUDE!"

When did basic reading comprehension become a lost art? And why is it no longer considered polite to first read what others have written/said before blurting out your own ideas? Sometimes it can really keep you from looking stupid if you listen first, then speak.
September 04, 2021
This isn't really a hate, just an observation: Doesn't anybody say thank you for anything anymore? I still write notes, and the note is written before I cash the check or use the gift. I realize that bar is pretty high----at this point I would be happy with a simple text that reads, thank you for thinking of me or even a phone call.

A few weeks ago someone in my social circle had a milestone birthday and a party. She and I have had our differences, but I am go-along-get-along because I don't want it to be awkward for the rest of the group. I gave her a $50 GC to her favorite salon. (She took the gifts home and did not open them at the party.) Here it is a few weeks later, no acknowledgement, no text, nothing.

I also know a young person who has had a rough time of it. She lost her parents at an early age. She recently went back to school and I spontaneously sent her $300 to help out. (It's the type of thing I wish someone had done for me when I was a struggling student.)

I only knew she got the check by looking at my bank statement. No text, no FB message saying thanks, nothing. I'm not sorry I did it because I know she needs the $ and she's a good person, but I won't be doing it again. If someone cannot be bothered to say thanks, that's the end of my gifting.

This is pretty much why I do not send gifts to my one sister's kids. They don't write notes or acknowledge gifts. Shame on my sister.
September 05, 2021
I didn't know how common it was for people to not say thank you until I learned my great-aunt goes on and on to other relatives about how I send her a thank you card every time she sends me a Christmas/Easter/Birthday card because none of her grandkids thank her for anything. I figured that was just common sense - someone gives you something you intend to keep/use (especially money) and you say thanks. Even if you don't want it, you still say thank you and quietly dispose of the unwanted item, assuming you don't outright hate the person.

I've had friends who would do this too. Someone spots them for dinner because they had no money or they're given a gift for their birthdays or whatever and they would NEVER say thank you. It made the people giving said gifts/meals very pissed off. Honestly, it's free and effortless to thank someone, so there is no excuse to not do it.

Hell, even when I sell something on eBay or whatever, I always include a little handwritten note saying something akin to, "Thank you for your purchase! I hope you enjoy (item)! smiling smiley" and about 75% of the time, the recipient of the item messages me to thank me for sending a note because I guess handwritten notes are a lost art form? shrug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login