Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
October 22, 2011
Recent Bingo came from my Nana. Now, I do love this woman dearly and we always engage in some pretty good debates. I was telling her about my most recent encounter with annoying kids and remarked how I was glad I'd never have to deal with that day in, day out. I went on to talk about how hard it can be to say you are child free (the "oh my god, you're a freak" looks, blah blah blah) and how annoying the bingos are. Of course, she didn't know what a "bingo" was, so I explained; "It's when they say "Oh, you'll change you're mind" or "Who will take care of you?", etc. Her response? "Maybe you'll meet a 'Gramps'" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!! I was so annoyed I pretty much ended the conversation there. WTH????
Any guy who wants/has kids is NOT the guy for me. Period.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
Ick, gross.

I was sort-of indirectly bingo-ed/cockblocked, the other day by the Lazy Breeder Bitch with whom I work. I can't remember how we got on the subject of the resident hot supervisor guy (not over our department, so fair game, as far as I'm concerned), but I think he's smokin' hot... and that's about it. If neither one of us were in relationships, we might entertain the notion of something other than a mild flirtation. Anyway, LBB has a MAJOR thing for him, and throws herself at him at every turn, just for some background. Well, we got on the subject of him, and she pops out, "Oh, it wouldn't work out - he wants kids." Hahaha, really? He's in his mid-40s, and I seriously doubt it, but whatevs.

But, that's okay - I accidentally bingo-ed her back, even though I wasn't meaning to - I said, "Yeah, I guess that puts THAT fantasy to rest. This vag is for recreational use only, and I'm not gonna have it looking like ground zero." The other supervisor was there, and he laughed his ass off. She says, "HEY!" I was like, "Shit, I meant that it would be just my luck to have something Frankensteinian going on down there." But I had a giggle to myself, 'cause it serves that bitch right (she's the one who "can't understand how anyone can be in their 30s and not have kids.").
October 23, 2011
fade_to_pale
"Yeah, I guess that puts THAT fantasy to rest. This vag is for recreational use only, and I'm not gonna have it looking like ground zero."

WIN!

Sounds like you stuck a nerve there too, if all should could respond with was an indignant "HEY!"
October 23, 2011
felisdomestica

'married people HAVE to HAVE kids. do you know what's children role in a family? children strengthen up the bond between married people! children make married couple stay together, they stick the family together! that's why married people need to have kids!'

Um...of course. That explains divorced single moos everywhere...what a fuckin weirdo. I'll bet CF marriages do better with the lack of added pressure involved with sprogging. If people aren't compatible, a marriage will break down. Simples.

I got one of the other night. On-again-off-again relationship with BF is currently on again and we were out celebrating my friends business being sold. Older lady got me on the topic of marriage and kids (maybe but unlikely and most definitely no) and managed to say "how could you not want kids" and then followed it up with "oh, I only like babies, once they get to school age I lose interest". Um, think you just answered your own question. shrugshrug :crz
October 23, 2011
lol - I think I should clarify my Nana's comments re: finding a Gramps! She meant "find the right guy" ("Gramps" is what I called her hubby, he passed away in 05). So, if I found my "right guy". I've told her that the right guy doesn't want kids...but...sigh.
Just the fact that I was bingo-ed while explaining what a bingo was and how annoying it is was too much!
Anonymous User
October 25, 2011
My surprise-bingo friend came round on Sunday, and seems to have had a complete change of heart about this issue. I explained about how it's really insulting to be bingo'd, and she agreed that it was out of order!
My fears of having to extinguish the frienship seem to be laid to rest for now.
October 25, 2011
happysammy
My surprise-bingo friend came round on Sunday, and seems to have had a complete change of heart about this issue. I explained about how it's really insulting to be bingo'd, and she agreed that it was out of order!

Yeey, that's refreshing! drinking coffee I also do that too if a friend bingoes me, i try to explain politely that it's insulting and it makes me feel bad. Usually it works and they apologize.
October 25, 2011
happysammy

Thank you Awesome! She sounds like a good friend. Glad to hear it was easily resolved.
October 25, 2011
This isn't a bingo story per se, but it is related to my bingoing friend (happysammy's post just reminded me).

So, I've been talking a lot about my bingoing friend and how I'm sick as hell I am of her thickheadedness about the whole thing. That, and frustrations with cliquey co-workers inspired me to write a song one night. I also recorded it. The song references being 'told to breed' near the beginning. :nerd

My friend and my DF are also pretty close and they hung out together one night last week while I was at work. He played her the song and she loved it. She got me to send it to her and apparently, she listens to it often. I'm hoping the repitition slowly drills it into her brain. grinning smiley
Anonymous User
October 25, 2011
blueorchid
This isn't a bingo story per se, but it is related to my bingoing friend (happysammy's post just reminded me).

So, I've been talking a lot about my bingoing friend and how I'm sick as hell I am of her thickheadedness about the whole thing. That, and frustrations with cliquey co-workers inspired me to write a song one night. I also recorded it. The song references being 'told to breed' near the beginning. :nerd

My friend and my DF are also pretty close and they hung out together one night last week while I was at work. He played her the song and she loved it. She got me to send it to her and apparently, she listens to it often. I'm hoping the repitition slowly drills it into her brain. grinning smiley

That's an interesting way to handle a bingo, and a good use of creative talents. It might even help if you're lucky. thumbs upwink
October 26, 2011
Some anti-choice wingnut on Facebook told me I "look very maternal" and to "never say never". First of all, WTF does she mean by "look maternal?" I have 13 piercings, five tattoos, unnaturally red hair, and my 38F tits are NOT drooping and exploding with milk. (Hahaha.) I don't look maternal in the least (and I like it that way). Never say never? Too late. Been saying it since I was 13. And I got Essure in August. And if the HSG in November says my tubes aren't blocked, I'm getting a tubal ligation. Because I AM NEVER HAVING KIDS.

Then again, anti-choicers are fetophiles. So it makes sense she'd say this to me.

I also get bingoed all the time by people I work with who say that "you may hate kids now, but it's different when they're your own" and "you'd be so cute pregnant" (nothing is cute about pregnancy to me) and "being a mother is the greatest thing a woman can do with her life."

I AM MORE THAN MY UTERUS AND OVARIES, THANKS.

And my favorite . . . "Who will take care of you when you are old?"

It's great that you pinched a damn loaf so you'd have someone to take care of you. Chances are they're gonna stick your retarded ass in a nursing home and carry on with their lives. You won't get a visit or a phone call. Because you're a fucking MOOCUNT.
October 26, 2011
raindancemaggie
Some anti-choice wingnut on Facebook told me I "look very maternal" and to "never say never". First of all, WTF does she mean by "look maternal?" I have 13 piercings, five tattoos, unnaturally red hair, and my 38F tits are NOT drooping and exploding with milk. (Hahaha.) I don't look maternal in the least (and I like it that way). Never say never? Too late. Been saying it since I was 13. And I got Essure in August. And if the HSG in November says my tubes aren't blocked, I'm getting a tubal ligation. Because I AM NEVER HAVING KIDS.

Then again, anti-choicers are fetophiles. So it makes sense she'd say this to me.

I also get bingoed all the time by people I work with who say that "you may hate kids now, but it's different when they're your own" and "you'd be so cute pregnant" (nothing is cute about pregnancy to me) and "being a mother is the greatest thing a woman can do with her life."

I AM MORE THAN MY UTERUS AND OVARIES, THANKS.

And my favorite . . . "Who will take care of you when you are old?"

It's great that you pinched a damn loaf so you'd have someone to take care of you. Chances are they're gonna stick your retarded ass in a nursing home and carry on with their lives. You won't get a visit or a phone call. Because you're a fucking MOOCUNT.

You look maternal because you still look female, and that's all women are, mommies or mommies-to-be. eye rolling smiley
Anonymous User
October 31, 2011
I'm 36 and just celebrated my 2nd anniversary. 1st marriage. I get bingoed all the time. And to add insult to injury I get the "biological clock" stuff. I'm going to a funeral this week that will be jam packed with extended family. I'm looking so forward to deflecting all the bingo that will be flung in my direction.
October 31, 2011
schmoopie3928
I'm 36 and just celebrated my 2nd anniversary. 1st marriage. I get bingoed all the time. And to add insult to injury I get the "biological clock" stuff. I'm going to a funeral this week that will be jam packed with extended family. I'm looking so forward to deflecting all the bingo that will be flung in my direction.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsbudak/213861052/

Print these, instead of mark slam a shot with every square. You won't last through the wedding.

October 31, 2011
schmoopie3928

At the risk of getting my hind heavily flamed and served on a platter, it occurs to me that you kind of asked for this by getting married. A real relationship shouldn't require sanctioning by the state, religion or even family. If it is strong enough, it will persist all on its own.
It just seems like a desperate move by fear of being alone or fear of losing something you already feel slipping away. Legally binding yourself to someone to keep the relationship intact sounds awfully similar to having a child to improve the marriage.
I say the bingos you received were no less than you deserved for engaging in the irrelevant ritual of marriage. Or perhaps you shouldn't frequent so many breeders if you're in no mood for their taunting?
But that's just me and I'm probably wrong.
Running for the hills holding a pan over my head.
October 31, 2011
So.....those who get married are asking for (and deserve to be) bingoed just because they got married? What a crock of shit.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2011
And entheogens' list of reasons to get married??? WTF? I think the childfree are a little bit more thoughtful about our life decisions than that. Yes run for the hills tiger cos that logic is right up there with "she was wearing a miniskirt so she was asking to be raped" FFS
Anonymous User
October 31, 2011
That's not quite what I meant to say.
Many people see getting married as a step in the life script with breeding as the obvious following.
I didn't make it so.
Still marriage, as an institution, a relationship requisite, is indeed a crock of shit.
But maybe you can present some sound reasons for it.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2011
Whoa there blundy.
It's not my reasoning. Just my observations.
Breeders get married, have kids, not necessarily in that order. You already have the marriage thing in common with them which might make it easier for them to assume you intend to join them in breeding as well...
Never mind I guess... Excuse me for interrupting.
I'll be on my way.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2011
entheogen
Whoa there blundy.
It's not my reasoning. Just my observations.
Breeders get married, have kids, not necessarily in that order. You already have the marriage thing in common with them which might make it easier for them to assume you intend to join them in breeding as well...
Never mind I guess... Excuse me for interrupting.
I'll be on my way.

Go fuck yourself. That is exactly the same kind of parallel you were drawing; it is the idea that a person cannot make a choice without being socially sanctioned simply because "they should have known better". Marriage makes a lot of sense simply because it is the easy way to enter into a LEGAL contract to protect your rights in the other person's life (medical decisions, et al). Yes, you could draft legal contracts to get the same effect, but marriage is a lot easier than a bunch of separate agreements or one giant nightmare one. None of us (I think) see marriage as a social stamp of approval and thus our reason for entering into it.

You are just as bad as the narrow-minded moom-bie brigade
Anonymous User
November 01, 2011
entheogen
A real relationship shouldn't require sanctioning by the state, religion or even family. If it is strong enough, it will persist all on its own.

Oh, a real relationship. I see. smile rolling left righteyes2 As opposed to those 'pretend' relationships many of us have. Maybe we only think we're happy, but really we're miserable and desperate and don't realise it.

No-one needs to justify the terms of their relationship to you or anyone else, and it's insulting in the extreme to suggest that the posters relationship is not 'real' because you don't like the institution of marriage for whatever reason.

You're just as bad as the fucking breeders who say that CF relationships aren't real because if we'd met the 'right one' we'd want to have babies with them.
November 01, 2011
Oh geesh, I am in a 35 year mistake! Oh no! waving hellolarious Not that my dh isn't my best friend, or that I was able to retire early because we have accumulated enough TOGETHER that I was able to do so. The health decisions are a biggie. I mean, I have no family except for DH. Who would decide to 'pull the plug'? Oh well.. this was just someone wanting to stir up trouble. I have been pretty darn happy with my decision... bingos or not. If it wasn't haveing kids that people bugged me about... it would always be something else.
November 02, 2011
entheogen
Many people see getting married as a step in the life script with breeding as the obvious following.
I didn't make it so.
Still marriage, as an institution, a relationship requisite, is indeed a crock of shit.

I take it you are marriagefree? So am I, partly, anyway.
I also think that marriage is an outdated institution, and not one that's necessary to validate a relationship.
However, that doesn't mean that all people marry just to be legally bound to someone, to make breaking up a nightmare involving paperwork and lawyers. There are actually material benefits to marriage.
My BF and I are of the same opinion on marriage, neither of us sees it as necessary or an end-goal. Neither of us are fans of the life-script. However, as we are in a long-term, committed relationship and plan on being together for the long haul anyway, I might consider marriage (someday, not anytime soon) for benefits like medical insurance, hospital visitation, and other rights and privileges.

However one looks at marriage though, it is still an arrangement between two people and it is still out of line and unacceptable for anyone to assume that there will be a third, fourth, fifth, (and so on) person involved.
November 02, 2011
juliewashere88
entheogen
I didn't make it so.

I also think that marriage is an outdated institution, and not one that's necessary to validate a relationship.
However, that doesn't mean that all people marry just to be legally bound to someone, to make breaking up a nightmare involving paperwork and lawyers. There are actually material benefits to marriage.
My BF and I are of the same opinion on marriage, neither of us sees it as necessary or an end-goal. Neither of us are fans of the life-script. However, as we are in a long-term, committed relationship and plan on being together for the long haul anyway, I might consider marriage (someday, not anytime soon) for benefits like medical insurance, hospital visitation, and other rights and privileges.

However one looks at marriage though, it is still an arrangement between two people and it is still out of line and unacceptable for anyone to assume that there will be a third, fourth, fifth, (and so on) person involved.

I was about to write something similar. Thank you. thumbs upwink

Here's my take on it:
I'm not too keen on marriage, but my boyfriend has very little family left, and his mother is not in good health. What I can see happening is that his asshole uncle will be the last survivor in his family, and would pull the plug on him or something. If we were married, I could make that decision. Before anyone says to make a living will, those can be contested from what I understand. Marriage seems to be the only "foolproof" way of being granted certain rights and privileges.

And since healthcare in this country still sucks, getting married might be the only way for one of us to get health insurance. Right now, I pay out of pocket and have to scrape pennies together to do anything fun. We did talk and decide that if one of us gets a job that provides healthcare for spouses, we might as well get married.
November 02, 2011
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
juliewashere88
entheogen
I didn't make it so.

I was about to write something similar. Thank you. thumbs upwink

Here's my take on it:
I'm not too keen on marriage, but my boyfriend has very little family left, and his mother is not in good health. What I can see happening is that his asshole uncle will be the last survivor in his family, and would pull the plug on him or something. If we were married, I could make that decision. Before anyone says to make a living will, those can be contested from what I understand. Marriage seems to be the only "foolproof" way of being granted certain rights and privileges.

And since healthcare in this country still sucks, getting married might be the only way for one of us to get health insurance. Right now, I pay out of pocket and have to scrape pennies together to do anything fun. We did talk and decide that if one of us gets a job that provides healthcare for spouses, we might as well get married.

Ah, good. I wasn't sure how well accepted my idea might be and was concerned that I might be flamed. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my view.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login