Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Anonymous User
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
December 12, 2011
mistress rotwang
nightshade
Hottie supervisor guy's hotness just went down a notch.

Maybe he thinks because he's beautiful it's his duty to breed?

There's just no guarantee - Rumer Willis (Demi & Bruce's daughter) is proof that even the best genetics can and do fail.

However, she is much more attractive than the anorexic crackheads or methheads normally found in Hollywood. I would bang her without a second thought.

I hear ya, I like that she has curves and meat on her bones! From an outsider view, I think Demi is a PNB who has tried to raise her kids well and not exploited them like others have. As a single ma, gotta give her props for taking a toyboy, even if it wasa douchebag like Kutcher. Seriously why this dude is still famous, let alone the highest paid tv actor escapes makes my mind boggle.

I seriously hope Kutcher is shooting blanks or CF, for the world's sake.
Anonymous User
December 13, 2011
Finally, a place where I can rant about this sort of thing! Just got bingoed by my friend from college. We were talking about people our age (I'm twenty-three) married and having children already, and somewhere it got how he wanted children when he was older, how many do you want?
"I don't want any children."
"You'd be a great parent, so I doubt that assessment, cause you'd challenge them intellectually"

...bzuh?
December 13, 2011
elaphe_guttata
Finally, a place where I can rant about this sort of thing! Just got bingoed by my friend from college. We were talking about people our age (I'm twenty-three) married and having children already, and somewhere it got how he wanted children when he was older, how many do you want?
"You'd be a great parent, so I doubt that assessment, cause you'd challenge them intellectually"

...bzuh?

Gee, that isn't condescending or anything...smile rolling left righteyes2

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
December 14, 2011
elaphe_guttata

...bzuh?

waving hellolarious
how to intellectually challenge something that doesn't even have intellectual capacity? oh no, the best question is: how to intellectually challenge something that doesn't even exist? the world 'fail' on flames
Kelli
December 16, 2011
I keep getting the "your not a mother so you don't understand" crap. There is nothing special about motherhood, and I really doubt most of these breeder bitches have the intellectual capacity to understand anything except changing diapers. I understand perfectly well the horrors of sprogging and thats why I don't have kids.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2011
I would be happy to never understand changing 5 shitty diapers a day. The Moos can have all that knowledge. If a Moo told me I'd never understand, I would be happy that I never will.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2011
In response to the "You're a mother, so you wouldn't understand" thing... I give thee... the Reverse Bingo:

"On the contrary; I understand, and that's why I'm not one."

BURN.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2011
I think we need a bingo list with the best retorts to said bingos. It would be highly useful.
December 16, 2011
bunny
I think we need a bingo list with the best retorts to said bingos. It would be highly useful.
Sounds like a great idea. I'll start one.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
December 17, 2011
I was at the market buying some vegetables. The guy at the stand started talking to me after I finished the purchase. He said he was from Bangladesh and asked if I knew where it is. After I correctly described it as east of India, I commented about how it was a lot like the Netherlands, in that there are a lot of people in a small area and it is prone to flooding. He pointed out that the Netherlands is a rich country and can do more to prevent the flooding, and mentioned that he'd left Bangladesh for economic opportunities. After a little while, we reached this part of the conversation:

Him: Do you have any children?
Me: No.
Him: Do you plan to have any?
Me: No, I don't want any.
Him: Why is it that European women don't want kids?
Me: I live in a small, overcrowded country. Why would I make it worse?
Him: If you have just one kid, it's not a problem.

At that point I changed the subject to "I'm going now, bye." I wonder why it is so difficult for people to consider that there 'might be' a correlation between low birth rates and quality of life.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2011
I just fucking love shit like that from total goddamned strangers.
December 18, 2011
fade_to_pale
I just fucking love shit like that from total goddamned strangers.

At least 90% of the bingos I get are from total strangers. I don't know if this means that I pick my friends well (and got lucky with my family), or that there's something about me that makes strangers yearn for me to breed.
December 18, 2011
When strangers say 'you'd have such cute baybeees' or something like that I think "how the hell do they know what my husband looks like or that 'ugly ' doesn't run in my family and I just lucked out. LOL
December 21, 2011
starlady
When strangers say 'you'd have such cute baybeees' or something like that I think "how the hell do they know what my husband looks like or that 'ugly ' doesn't run in my family and I just lucked out. LOL

Similar to the bingo I've gotten about "Oh but don't you want to see what a kid who's half you and half (Spouse's name) would look like? Wouldn't you want to see if they get your eyes, or (Spouse's name)'s? "

Yeah, idle curiosity about phenotypes. Sure, that's a GREAT reason to create another human being and sign up for a two decades of grunt work and financial drain. Isn't there computer software that does that kind of crap?
December 21, 2011
I have an older "friend" who takes so much joy in reminding me how "everyone wants children" and basically telling me I will not find anyone to settle down with if I don't cave and follow the life script. They claim to be looking out for me but I have to admit their constant "advice" gets me a little bit down sometimes. sad smiley

December 22, 2011
starvingauthor
I have an older "friend" who takes so much joy in reminding me how "everyone wants children" and basically telling me I will not find anyone to settle down with if I don't cave and follow the life script. They claim to be looking out for me but I have to admit their constant "advice" gets me a little bit down sometimes. sad smiley

Don't listen to them. friendly hug
It sounds like you might need to trim the friendship bush or tell someone to fuck off, they don't know what everyone wants.
That and if they're looking out for you, they should worry more about how their condescending, patronizing, and annoying "advice" is getting to you at times.
Don't worry, you'll always have a support system here. c:

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
December 22, 2011
frenzy
starvingauthor

It sounds like you might need to trim the friendship bush or tell someone to fuck off, they don't know what everyone wants.
That and if they're looking out for you, they should worry more about how their condescending, patronizing, and annoying "advice" is getting to you at times.

Thanks. friendly hug It seems like with the upcoming birth of his third child he has gone more baby rabid then usual. He seems hell bent on making me cave to the lifscript so I may have to let him go as a friend. Though I am currently hoping that a straight forward talk about his constant bingos will help.

December 22, 2011
starvingauthor
frenzy
starvingauthor

Thanks. friendly hug It seems like with the upcoming birth of his third child he has gone more baby rabid then usual. He seems hell bent on making me cave to the lifscript so I may have to let him go as a friend. Though I am currently hoping that a straight forward talk about his constant bingos will help.

Well, no wonder.
Yeah, you may have to consider that option, sadly.
It sucks to lose a friend to breeding but it's gonna happen.
If a stern talk doesn't help, I'm not sure what will at that point.
Hope everything gets better though, whatever ends up happening. smiling smiley friendly hug

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin

December 23, 2011
http://www.leadpaintcomics.com/

Didn't want to start a new thread. The comic seemed relevant here.
Anonymous User
January 01, 2012
Got bingoed by someone I didn't even know today. Though granted that happens to a lot of us. My roommate took me to her family's new years gathering because I didn't have anything else to do today. I was talking with her older brother, who I'd never seen before, despite living with her for several years. I mentioned how my family is small and I've never seen a family gathering this large. "We have kids prolifically," he says. "What about you?"
"Don't plan on having any, thanks."
"I'm sure you'll change your mind someday."

Man, why do they all *say* that? Also, you're sure? Dude, I just met you today. How are you sure? Also, why do you want me to change my mind?
I don't *get* these people
January 05, 2012
not a long time ago, when i had too much time on my hands, i decided to research about how local doctor in my place reacts to voluntary sterilization in childless people.
i decided to go anonymous and ask a columnist ob-gyn in a health section of large national web
i posed as 27 yrs old married woman

Q: i am 27 yrs old married woman. my husband and i have decided that we don't want kids at all, so i'd like to undergo sterilization. is it possible?
A: weird, you haven't had any child yet, why would you want to be sterilized? permanent sterilization is also expensive!

um...because i mentioned firsthand that we don't want kids, at all?

okay, probably my fault for trolling a health board. i get the idea now.
i wish someday when i truly need it i could find a liberal minded ob gyn without having to travel abroad...although it is highly unlikely.
Anonymous User
January 06, 2012
Passive-aggressive bingoes are the worst, imo.

My uncle-in-law is very wealthy. He's been through some horrible things and has worked hard all his life to get to where he is, so I respect him on that basis. Unfortunately, he's also got a trophy wife and two sons who are spoiled brats: the kind with limited edition sports cars with custom paint jobs being held in storage for them even though they're only 9 and 11.

Some time last year, we were all out for dinner and I was discussing my frustration with how difficult it is to find work after graduating. Employers these days only seem to care about work experience, and we all know that there are fewer jobs than there are graduates. In any case, he said, "You don't want kids, right?" (common knowledge). When I confirm this, he says, "Ok, because raising children is the most important career".

My immediate thoughts? Well, I suppose doctors and engineers, as well as countless others, must really feel so very inadequate, then; and, okay, let me just find someone as rich as you, and then I can have this "important" career, too.
January 06, 2012
Raising kids is not a career, unless you're selling them.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2012
It's a career if you follow "A Modest Proposal" without realizing it's a satire smiling smiley

there's a reason it's my favorite book
Anonymous User
January 08, 2012
juliewashere88
Raising kids is not a career, unless you're selling them.

This is great, will definitely use this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login