Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horrible Children Bully Elderly Bus Monitorangry smiley

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Regarding what I said about how things might have been different for Henry Hill: While I don't want to make excuses for him, I think it was clear in the movie that he was angry, as a kid, about being poor.

Here's a letter to Salon.com from 2003.

By Catherine:

"Recently a letter writer accused the writers at Salon of being snobbish elitists for assuming that people who are financially incapable of supporting kids shouldn't have them.

"I'd like to respond that I don't believe in an inalienable right to reproduce as often as you wish, or at all, and I speak as one of four children of a divorced working mother.

"We always got the free school lunches (and had to carry lunch tickets specially marked with a red stripe so all the other kids could tell who the charity cases were), we wore hand-me-down clothes, and we were embarrassed to have Mom pick us up after school in the rusty, junky old car. My mother often worked two jobs, and sometimes cleaned friends' houses for extra money. Yes, there was a lot of love in the family, but it's easy for love to get buried under shame and resentment, when you're too embarrassed to let friends from school see where you live.

"When I was 13, I started working about 20-25 hours a week after school just to have money for clothes and books. There was never enough money ... I felt like I always, always, always had to work. I suppose poverty and hard work help build character, but it also breeds bitterness, anger and a pervasive sense of insecurity and shame. This has left me deeply ambivalent about creating children that I fear I won't be able to care for properly. And by properly, I don't mean having their own TV and DVD player and car, I mean growing up without a constant sense of the dread I felt. I just can't describe the horrible sense of knowing that at any minute our family could fall apart due to simple lack of money, or the utter shame of realizing that my parents were about as helpless in dealing with life's hard knocks as the children they were supposed to protect.

"I love my mother. She did the best she could do. It's just that sometimes I find it hard to understand, much less respect, the mistakes and decisions she made -- even when one of those decisions was me. Why on earth would you even want to have children you know you cannot afford? How selfish is that? What kind of life do you plan on
giving them?

"I feel like my childhood was spent in a cloud of anxiety and tension that has carried over into my adult life. A large part of my decision to postpone, and possibly avoid, having children was my own impoverished upbringing. Call me selfish, but I think I've already made my sacrifices. Now that I'm finally, somewhat, financially stable at age 29, I want to relax and enjoy my life.

"I am not some snobbish elitist, just a kid who's been there. I think if you're poor and must have kids, have one -- not four."
Re: Horrible Children Bully Elderly Bus Monitorangry smiley
June 22, 2012
That Miss Manners comment about addressing behavior, not character, seems like a good piece of advice for all kinds of relationships.

The indiegogo campaign is now up to $486,103. And it was higher when I refreshed the page. There are 29 days left in the fundraising campaign.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
June 22, 2012
Miss Karen may be a millionaire by the end of the month. How wonderful for her.

Now if only the little shits could spend a weekend in a jail (with a videographer), we can see how badass they really are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 22, 2012
Over half a million now. Yowza!

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
June 22, 2012
Yeah, if I were on that bus I'd have started smacking the shit outta some of those little assholes the nanosecond someone touched me. As for the suicide remark, I'd have said to those fuckheads: Yeah, if I had a kid like you, I would slash someone's goddamn throat, but it would be YOURS. But fortunately I decided never to breed and risk having an obnoxious POS like YOU.

What sort of authority does a bus monitor have really? If they had some sort of real punitive actions in place, you better bet that I would be using it. Listen up smartass, every little shit comment you make gives you a week in detention. You get to two weeks you get SUSPENDED. Or the bus company can simply refuse to let the little shit on the bus until the jackass can learn to behave like a decent human being.

I heard some of those little assholes have been getting death threats. I say GOOD. I hope they get the living shit scared out of them. It serves them all right for being monsters.
June 22, 2012
navi8orgirl
Miss Karen may be a millionaire by the end of the month. How wonderful for her.

Now if only the little shits could spend a weekend in a jail (with a videographer), we can see how badass they really are.

That reminds me of one of my favorite Beavis and Butthead episodes:

Beavis and Butthead Scared Straight.
June 22, 2012
When I was a kid, we didn't have bus monitors. I wonder when that started.

Pretty much, all I think a bus monitor can do is report the kids to the principal or in the case of the public school I went to, the disciplinarian. All the disciplinarian could do is maybe hand out after school detentions but to suspend or expel a student, it had to go to the vice principal or principal. One time I turned in a kid who had been harassing me for weeks before school, in class, on the playground, chasing me down the hall harassing me and he did refer it to the vice principal who said "We can't suspend a student for that."

Of course, the parents won't do anything either, so what else is left?

JD
JohnDrake

Mid-1970s, maybe? That's when I remember it. Mainly, they would bark "Feet out of the aisle!" (Apparently, kids sticking their feet out was the worst they had to deal with.)
June 22, 2012
lenona
JohnDrake

Mid-1970s, maybe? That's when I remember it. Mainly, they would bark "Feet out of the aisle!" (Apparently, kids sticking their feet out was the worst they had to deal with.)

I'm 44 years old and I went to school in the 70s-80s and we didn't have bus monitors. Of course, I only rode the bus in private school, not public school, so there may be a difference. Some of the private schools were more deprived than the public school I went to. Many of the private schools didn't do much for discipline either, especially for those who had parents who liked to donate to the school.

JD
June 22, 2012
This horrifying event is the reason I delurked and registered.

Both my sister and I were bullied, my sister was bullied so mercilessly that at one point my parents considered sending her to another school. She was bullied for being Asian, and in the white bread Midwest of the mid 1970s, this was apparently considered a bad thing. I would rather not get into the awful things other kids did to her.......but suffice to say she is a knock out today, runs her own business and is the kindest person you will ever meet. I can only hope her tormentors rot in hell.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there. I hate bullies, really hate them, so Karen Klein's victimization has gotten me incredibly upset, so upset I actually cried when I watched the video. I cannot believe that the only thing these little bastards had to do was apologize. What they were really saying is "I'm sorry I got caught". I don't think this is punishment enough. These little assholes should be forced to wear signs for the rest of their lives saying "I bullied an old lady." They should spend a few years in a really tough juvenile detention center. The video should be shown to inmates at a maximum security prison, then let the inmates have a little "chat" with the bastards.

Karen Klein handled this much better than I would have.
June 22, 2012
We didn't have them either.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 22, 2012
I had never heard of a bus monitor until this. The driver was the monitor. If we acted up the bus stopped until the driver decided to drive again. He/she would sit there, sometimes got off the bus to have a smoke or whatever. Sometimes we were really late getting home. When our parents would ask what happened they would say you better not have been doing anything wrong, then they might talk to other parents or the bus driver about who the trouble maker was so they could be punished.
June 22, 2012
I still don't understand why the bus driver didn't stop the bus and attempt to end this shit. When I was in school, our bus driver used to pull over and yell at us if we misbehaved, and if you were really bad, your parents got a phone call.
June 22, 2012
It's little shits like this who are the inspiration for CF people to remain CF, and for organizations like VHEMT to organize themselves. The next time some fucking mouthbreather tells me I am selfish for not having kyds, they will be emailed a link to this video and told to shove a cactus up their ass.

I'd rather be dead than stuck with kyds like these children of the corn. Disgusting little shiteaters, I hope Karma deals them some especially sweet retribution.
June 22, 2012
If I had kids who did something like this I would press charges against them myself.
June 22, 2012
chevygirl54
I still don't understand why the bus driver didn't stop the bus and attempt to end this shit. When I was in school, our bus driver used to pull over and yell at us if we misbehaved, and if you were really bad, your parents got a phone call.
It doesn't show in the video, but maybe the bus driver had no idea what was going on. Buses are pretty noisy, and if this group of boys was sitting toward the middle to the back of the bus, the driver probably couldn't hear what they were saying. Also, I'm thinking that this must've been one of the last days of school, as there was talk of a yearbook, and the kids probably figured they could behave any way they wanted, as they were home free for the next two months.
June 22, 2012
What a pile of smashed assholes. What IS it about buses that brings out the dick in kids?

I'm all for making these kids' (and their parents') lives a living hell for the next few months, as a form of retaliation.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
June 22, 2012
The monitor got an apology from the kids. Of course they're sorry now. I hope what these worthless little punks are dealing with right now is only a fraction of what they get as more people recognize them in public.
June 22, 2012

The monitor got an apology from the kids.

Of course the litte fuckwits are "sorry." Like all bullies, they're just sorry they got caught, and trying to get the likes of reddit and 4chan off their backs. HA! They better get used to pizza deliveries and prank calls every hour on the hour, because they're going to be getting a lot of that for quite some time.
June 22, 2012
JohnDrake

Pretty much, all I think a bus monitor can do is report the kids to the principal or in the case of the public school I went to, the disciplinarian. All the disciplinarian could do is maybe hand out after school detentions but to suspend or expel a student, it had to go to the vice principal or principal. One time I turned in a kid who had been harassing me for weeks before school, in class, on the playground, chasing me down the hall harassing me and he did refer it to the vice principal who said "We can't suspend a student for that."

Of course, the parents won't do anything either, so what else is left?

JD

I was wondering that myself. When I was a kid, we listened to the freakin' bus driver and didn't fuck around. The parents of all those assholes should be forced to drive them to school from now on. Screw that crap.
June 22, 2012
Look at this load of shit:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120622/NEWS01/120622010/Read-letters-apology-Karen-Klein?nclick_check=1

Hand written apologies from the PARENTS. NOT the little fuckwits. PFFFT. Every one of those pieces of shit should be groveling at her feet.

Yeah, they are not going to do a damn thing about their pwecious monsters. They are only sucking up to her now because they are all scared shitless because 4 chan is going to make their lives a living hell.
June 22, 2012
gymrat
chevygirl54
It doesn't show in the video, but maybe the bus driver had no idea what was going on. Buses are pretty noisy, and if this group of boys was sitting toward the middle to the back of the bus, the driver probably couldn't hear what they were saying. Also, I'm thinking that this must've been one of the last days of school, as there was talk of a yearbook, and the kids probably figured they could behave any way they wanted, as they were home free for the next two months.
I hadn't thought about that.

I hope these little mutants get the living shit scared out of them. I also hope that this follows them around for the rest of their lives, and 10 years down the line they get refused for a job or a loan because of their repellent behavior.
June 22, 2012
We had bus monitors when I was coming up. I went to school in the 1990s....started kindergarten in early 1990s I think. The bus monitors didn't do shit but talk to the bus driver and drink Mountain Dew. They really were paid for nothing. And when we had fire drills, the older boys would help us off the back of the bus. When fights broke out, all the monitor would say was "y'all be quiet back dere". No one even listened to her.
June 22, 2012
chevygirl54
I hadn't thought about that.

I hope these little mutants get the living shit scared out of them. I also hope that this follows them around for the rest of their lives, and 10 years down the line they get refused for a job or a loan because of their repellent behavior.

Their names have been published, and the Internet never forgets...

June 22, 2012
Some more info on the future cancer-curers:

http://pastebin.com/q8Gjbcwv

http://pastebin.com/QYb4XbhW
Bus monitor Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak Karen Klein Luis Recio Wesley Helm Brandon Teng Joshua Slesak

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login